Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (58611 Views)

VISA Denial 21 July 2015. / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Limaoscar: 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
It's all over your post but I will say the KEY turn-off is you re-aplying after 5 months for a "Tourist" visa when it was not an Emergency Medical issue or an important course you already paid for with proof or some business meeting(even though technically you were not wrong). Were you going for summer, winter, spring...? The one thing a consular officer will see even if He/She is an intern is a big screaming DESSPERATION!

Travel somewhere else for the next 2 years or more. Make your first trip alone by applying to attend a show, seminar or conference etc and the next time you apply you child would probably be old enough to run around and speak to the visa officer when he starts lecturing them about Disney characterscheesy ........So deal is, plan to go to Florida in the East Coast. Sunshine state baby! and spend at least one week in Florida and you can travel the rest of the time to your dream NY state or any of the several hundred vacation spots here in the US. Blessings!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by seyibrown(f): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
chingyjant:
Big fat lie from the darkest place in the pit of hell.Where did they give you and your family H-1 visa(work visa) when your siblings are still infants and undergraduate?Also when it was'nt a company that was sending you all there.Bro please tell that to ignoramus on NL.You must'nt comment its not by force.We all come here to learn not to deceive and lie to others.Now we know you better.

I noticed the work visa bit too! Perhaps, he chose to sum up the whole thing rather than specify what each and everypne got. Never applied for a US visa so I wouldn't know why you would be granted a work Visa when you apply for a tourist visa!

4 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Somorin#1:
What advice do you guys have for my Wife. I'm a USC and she speaks limited English.

She was denied a Fiancee visa last year but we have married since then and I have petitioned for her as a Spouse.

So what says yee.
You guys are on course.Provided you guys entered the marriage in good faith and have enough pictures to back it up.Make sure she knows much about you as per what you do for a living,where you reside(State and city),How much you earn.Generally everything that make two people husband and wife,records of western union sent to her,copies of letters sent to her irrespective of the fact letters are no longer in vogue.In all make sure you document every dealings you have with her.Have it in mind that it might take her 0ne year to fifteen months before she can cross over.I will largely encourage you to try to enroll her in any adult class around where she can learn English language before she gets the green card to come join you for it will save you alot of embarrassment when she get here and also make things easier for her when she goes for the interview.Wish you guys best of luck
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
seyibrown:

I noticed the work visa bit too! Perhaps, he chose to sum up the whole thing rather than specify what each and everypne got. Never applied for a US visa so I wouldn't know why you would be granted a work Visa when you apply for a tourist visa!

Madam when a family applies for a Visa collectively they don't issue different types of Visa to each of them.If the family applied for tourist Visa they will issue each of them tourist visa didn't you see where he said he was shocked that they were all issued H1 visa?SMH
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Biggysmalls919(m): 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
American immigration laws are getting stiffer. As for ppl from naija. They really don't trust u that after ur stay expires u will return. Its no longer hw well u answered those funny and annoying questions. Its all about luck. Secondly they want u to have a permanent job in Nigeria that will make u go back home. All the same, u can keep trying, one day u will join us over here.

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by 360command: 12:17am On Mar 02, 2013
Seriously , the best way for you to prepare for an interview is by acting as if you speak french and not english. What I mean is , been a french speaker while learning on how to speak english makes you want to answer straight as the question is given. You don't jump the gun . Example : how much do you earn? I earn 30000 naira monthly . Please do not beat about the bush .

I remember when I was preparing for a french exam for an interview . The fact that my french was not perfect enough made me answer directly and precise as to what the interviewer asked me.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by funkybaby(f): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2013
360command: makes you want to answer straight as the question is given. You don't jump the gun . Example : how much do you earn? I earn 30000 naira monthly . Please do not beat about the bush .

Exactly.

Your answers should be short, simple, sweet and straight to the point.

@ OP

You were asked your occupation, yet you were ranting about your educational qualifications.
You are not a practicing engineer, so why mention it?

You told the guy you've made about 6million naira over 4 years(thats basically 1.5 million naira per annum and you do not know your monthly income/salary). Youve also said you want to spend one million naira on a 2 weeks ( less than a month) vacation
WTF!! grin grin

The interviewer must have been thinking "this dude is a joker" grin it's no surprise you got denied. No surprise at all !

ValNweze:
NOTE..u must make sure u leave within the date u indicated u re leaving after u have gotten ur visa otherwise at the point of entry the immigration would send u back.

BULLSHIT !

This doesn't apply for tourist visas.

It might be an issue in a case where the purpose of getting the visa was to attend a conference and then the individual shows up weeks or months after the conference has ended.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by kizito96(m): 2:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Let me be sincere with you, they rejected your application because they have reached the quota for the day. Number of visas are allocated to each country yearly by the home office, these visas are broken down to daily issuance, when they reach the day's quota, all other interviews are all formalities.even if you bring God on earth, nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 02, 2013
chingyjant:
You guys are on course.Provided you guys entered the marriage in good faith and have enough pictures to back it up.Make sure she knows much about you as per what you do for a living,where you reside(State and city),How much you earn.Generally everything that make two people husband and wife,records of western union sent to her,copies of letters sent to her irrespective of the fact letters are no longer in vogue.In all make sure you document every dealings you have with her.Have it in mind that it might take her 0ne year to fifteen months before she can cross over.I will largely encourage you to try to [b]enroll her in any adult class around where she can learn English language before she gets the green card to come join you for it will save you alot of embarrassment when she get here and also make things easier for her when she goes for the interview.Wish you guys best of luck[/b]

You are sport on.

She started in adult school right after our wedding in January.

Thanks.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Pataki: 5:45am On Mar 02, 2013
1. Do not be in a haste to reapply as this would come across as being overly desperate to come into the US.

2. Your choice of NY as your tourist destination with your family and new kid looks grand, however, I think in the mind of the immigration officer, he would have thought you would choose another city which is less expensive, less noisy and busy for your family to enjoy. Tourist visa applicant are always in a haste to mention the capital cities of countries they are visiting as their place of interest. Whereas, a bit of further research could have shown that there are ideal family tourist city other than NY which is more cheaper and suitable for a newly born kid.

3. A good means of refusal lies with finances. Never ever give too much details to an immigration officer. If an immigration officer is inquisitive, then the officer is entitled to probe further. Make it short, simple and precise to the point. 'How much do you earn monthly? - As a self employed Interior designer, I work based on contracts gotten and I make yearly an average of 6million, evidence to that, you can find within my bank statements and pay slips.'

4. Stating that you do not know why you were last refused is an error. Generic or not, the financial responsibility to the last refused application was on you. When you are not able to recall the reasons given within one ot two sentences, it gives the immigration officer doubts about the seriousness of your travel.

Cheers for the next time.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by ghostofsparta(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2013
To hell with USA and UK, their shakara 3 much sef, wetin dey there gaaaan? If Odudualand is at least 50% OKAY, why would I think of flying. out. I have never seen the sense in touring, why do I need to go sight see Niagra falls or Statue of Libert when there are thousands of fascinating supernatural phenomenon I'm longing to unravel here. If there was steady electricity supply, good roads, security, job opportunities, stable economy etc in this amalgamation called Nigeria, the propensity of most Nigerians to always want to fly out would minimal. Why don't we st@ inculcating a sense of trio-contending nationalism? The yorubas can make Odudua Nation a place far more better than the US and Canada combined given their intellectual and technological prowess. The Igbos can make Igbokwenu Nation a country far better and advanced than China and Korea combined in terms of their fierce industrialism and innovations. Those of the north can turn their place to a nation more craved than Saudi. Or Dubai. When do we blax Afrikans start thinking of turning our lands to beautiful lands were outsiders would have reasons to queue for our visas. I'm surprised with the way those granted visas commented on how glad there were as if travelling abroad is the ultimate achievement in the existence of a black man's living in a third world country. All my friends are always shocked when I reply that I wouldn't budge if there's a vessel the size of Titanic waiting at wharf for any to freely hop in to America, 89•9% of the Nigerian, especially the youths (15-30) wants to go to Amereeka, when I ask what if we all go, who will remain to fix this place? They'll reply - shey na your problem? They attack me for not being patriotic when I have long being denouncing being a Nigerian but an Oduduan given various reasons but confused at their propensity to travel out at the slightest opportunity or Visa Lottery. Hypocritical thing is they proclaim '9ja Till I Die' here claiming another nationality when asked by strangers abroad. We just consume, we produce nothing to the world. Regardless of my love and hate for America. Let them keep denying us, even let them deny everyone so we can stay put and tackle the mess. Most of those flying out to US and the rest of the world are escapists who don't want to engage the situation here. Nigeria to me is a war-zone, war of attrition, graver than Iraq or Somalia, anyone USA stamps their visa to go out is a dissenter. The cogent question I asked friends whenever the 'travelling out' subject is roused is - let's imagine many of you my friends and other millions of youths have ja commot finish (scattered around the world without reason to come back). for a very loooooooooooong time......do they think whatever system whose currency eventually became 5times stronger than that of the British pounds would urge them with warmly welcome to return back home and enjoy the same basic amenities and social infrastructures that enticed them to USA and UK for which those who were left behind yeeeaaaarrrrsss ago strived and died to attain ? They always either say "I don't know jor" or "I'll always be welcomed in my father's land". Can you Imagine.

ofeseluayakata: What has God got to do with getting visa?

Let him be, don't you know everything in a heavily Colonised artificial country like Nigeria is measured by, and reflected on God will or Satan influence by those who can't reason past their story books.

@those commenters associating their visa approval to the favour of God, please kindly answer the question below:

Who should successful drug traffickers, prostitutes, scammers, economy looters, bomb strappers whose visas were unknowingly granted be thankful and praisful to? Satan? Shango? Babasuwe?

If none of you can't answer, then you are one of the 'yeye' religionists that makes this place undwellable.

6 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by RealMccoy2(m): 6:36am On Mar 02, 2013
pappilo:

slowpoke. Speak with confidence? Since when was that a requirement to obtain a visa? He paid his fees and had been accepted by a school. How 'unconfident' could he have in 60 seconds?

I must admit this was in 2005 though. Maybe things have improved.
Stop telling lies. I doubt your so called brother was interviewed. This is NL anyone can come here to tell tales just for them to belong or sound relevant. Same Nigerians that sees arabs in Lagos and call them "onyinbo".

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by babyfaiz: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2013
modath: @OP,
Were you interviewed today 1st of march?? Which cubicle if I may ask cos we(my hus & 1) got the guy in cubicle 9(who denied everyone but one chick that is an executive in one NGO)and we were so sceptical about him but he granted our visas.
Bros don't take offence but there is a bit of contradiction between your answer and your DS-160 form and a friend already told us that one sure way to get denied is any form of "INCONSTITENCY" no matter how negligible we assume it to be.
Do a review and let it guide you next time cos the visa fee may be inconsiquential in the general scheme of things,the stress is not.
it was cubicle 8. I was there when they gave that young lady visa. I guess most applicants were shocked, cause she was pretty young. I even think the guy in 9 is a bit lenient, he is a young lad. Please tell me about your interview, did it go well?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by OmoEziokwu: 8:21am On Mar 02, 2013
ghostofsparta: To hell with USA and UK, their shakara 3 much sef, wetin dey there gaaaan? If Odudualand is at least 50% OKAY, why would I think of flying. out. I have never seen the sense in touring, why do I need to go sight see Niagra falls or Statue of Libert when there are thousands of fascinating supernatural phenomenon I'm longing to unravel here. If there was steady electricity supply, good roads, security, job opportunities, stable economy etc in this amalgamation called Nigeria, the propensity of most Nigerians to always want to fly out would minimal. Why don't we st@ inculcating a sense of trio-contending nationalism? The yorubas can make Odudua Nation a place far more better than the US and Canada combined given their intellectual and technological prowess. The Igbos can make Igbokwenu Nation a country far better and advanced than China and Korea combined in terms of their fierce industrialism and innovations. Those of the north can turn their place to a nation more craved than Saudi. Or Dubai. When do we blax Afrikans start thinking of turning our lands to beautiful lands were outsiders would have reasons to queue for our visas. I'm surprised with the way those granted visas commented on how glad there were as if travelling abroad is the ultimate achievement in the existence of a black man's living in a third world country. All my friends are always shocked when I reply that I wouldn't budge if there's a vessel the size of Titanic waiting at wharf for any to freely hop in to America, 89•9% of the Nigerian, especially the youths (15-30) wants to go to Amereeka, when I ask what if we all go, who will remain to fix this place? They'll reply - shey na your problem? They attack me for not being patriotic when I have long being denouncing being a Nigerian but an Oduduan given various reasons but confused at their propensity to travel out at the slightest opportunity or Visa Lottery. Hypocritical thing is they proclaim '9ja Till I Die' here claiming another nationality when asked by strangers abroad. We just consume, we produce nothing to the world. Regardless of my love and hate for America. Let them keep denying us, even let them deny everyone so we can stay put and tackle the mess. Most of those flying out to US and the rest of the world are escapists who don't want to engage the situation here. Nigeria to me is a war-zone, war of attrition, graver than Iraq or Somalia, anyone USA stamps their visa to go out is a dissenter. The cogent question I asked friends whenever the 'travelling out' subject is roused is - let's imagine many of you my friends and other millions of youths have ja commot finish (scattered around the world without reason to come back). for a very loooooooooooong time......do they think whatever system whose currency eventually became 5times stronger than that of the British pounds would urge them with warmly welcome to return back home and enjoy the same basic amenities and social infrastructures that enticed them to USA and UK for which those who were left behind yeeeaaaarrrrsss ago strived and died to attain ? They always either say "I don't know jor" or "I'll always be welcomed in my father's land". Can you Imagine.

Let him be, don't you know everything in a heavily Colonised artificial country like Nigeria is measured by, and reflected on God will or Satan influence by those who can't reason past their story books.

@those commenters associating their visa approval to the favour of God, please kindly answer the question below:

Who should successful drug traffickers, prostitutes, scammers, economy looters, bomb strappers whose visas were unknowingly granted be thankful and praisful to? Satan? Shango? Babasuwe?

If none of you can't answer, then you are one of the 'yeye' religionists that makes this place undwellable.

Best comments so far! I praise you.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Vancouverplus: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2013
Canada will surely deny him a visa. Trust my word.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Vancouverplus: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Canada will surely deny him. Trust my word. cry
Brand_new:
Seconded.
@OP, I want to believe the consular office will like to deny your Visa application again and again. They probably have your records from your first interview which you failed. It'll become even more difficult for you to get your USA Visa application granted.

You applying as a Tourist in NY also doesn't sound right. It would have been more convincing if you already made contacts in New York through which your visit can be verified. An average American might find it difficult to believe that a graphic designer turn interior decorator will be able to afford close to $10,000 for a 6 month trip. Maybe it's possible but that's just their mindset, except your company is Noteworthy. (The Nigerian 419/Drug trafficking image wouldn't help either).

So I'll say, if you must visit North America, then why not opt for Canada, Toronto and Vancouver is a good substitute for New York with bright night lights and busy streets. After all you're visiting as a Tourist.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by alfablondy: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2013
alfablondy:
The 8 days have not passed
chingyjant:
Are you a Learner?Me when be jonser then make i go Yankee go spend 8 days?You suppose use ya head na

I expected this response from u. so you lied to get your visa grin grin grin
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by babyfaiz: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2013
To the person who stays in DELETED (i think your post has been deleted). You can please contact me on email DELETED It seems to me you have a good intention to help out. I should believe it is out of goodwill and not for financial gains. The thing with this US visa thingy is that you might never know. You could just get lucky. Be willing to drop me an email then we can exchange pin. Thanks for your anticipated help.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by justwise(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2013
babyfaiz: To the person who stays in DELETED (i think your post has been deleted). You can please contact me on email DELETED It seems to me you have a good intention to help out. I should believe it is out of goodwill and not for financial gains. The thing with this US visa thingy is that you might never know. You could just get lucky. Be willing to drop me an email then we can exchange pin. Thanks for your anticipated help.

Please don't invite dodgy characters here, i don't want to keep hiding their posts. If all the info given to you here already is not enough then you are not ready yet, no matter what anybody says here you will still have to attend the interview yourself and speak for yourself.

Anybody who wants to help you should do so openly here. No email or number dropping.

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by modath(f): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
babyfaiz: .
it was cubicle 8. I was there when they gave that young lady visa. I guess most applicants were shocked, cause she was pretty young. I even think the guy in 9 is a bit lenient, he is a young lad. Please tell me about your interview, did it go well?

That means your interview was after ours some minutes after the lady was granted.I wasn't shocked at all.I listened to her and she convinced the guy that going to the US will ensure continous funding of her project, she said and I quote "as the project co-ordinator,the donor needs an analysis of how the funds are utilised so we can get another grant",she was ARTICULATE!!we got the same guy in cubicle 9,he wasn't lenient one bit, we just stuck to what was in our DS-160 and didn't try to waver one bit,I'm unemployed,filled it in my form & didn't try to dress it up or put any spin when I was asked.
You might remember us,I was with my husband,wore a grey dress,my SO wore a black striped shirt & tan trousers.Go to the USA visit visa thread,all the questions&answers we gave are there.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by stpat1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Tell us the reason they gave for the denial. Its always given. So until then you might just be going about it all so wrongly.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by CyberG: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
ghostofsparta: To hell with USA and UK, their shakara 3 much sef, wetin dey there gaaaan? If Odudualand is at least 50% OKAY, why would I think of flying. out. I have never seen the sense in touring, why do I need to go sight see Niagra falls or Statue of Libert when there are thousands of fascinating supernatural phenomenon I'm longing to unravel here. If there was steady electricity supply, good roads, security, job opportunities, stable economy etc in this amalgamation called Nigeria, the propensity of most Nigerians to always want to fly out would minimal. Why don't we st@ inculcating a sense of trio-contending nationalism? The yorubas can make Odudua Nation a place far more better than the US and Canada combined given their intellectual and technological prowess. The Igbos can make Igbokwenu Nation a country far better and advanced than China and Korea combined in terms of their fierce industrialism and innovations. Those of the north can turn their place to a nation more craved than Saudi. Or Dubai. When do we blax Afrikans start thinking of turning our lands to beautiful lands were outsiders would have reasons to queue for our visas. I'm surprised with the way those granted visas commented on how glad there were as if travelling abroad is the ultimate achievement in the existence of a black man's living in a third world country. All my friends are always shocked when I reply that I wouldn't budge if there's a vessel the size of Titanic waiting at wharf for any to freely hop in to America, 89•9% of the Nigerian, especially the youths (15-30) wants to go to Amereeka, when I ask what if we all go, who will remain to fix this place? They'll reply - shey na your problem? They attack me for not being patriotic when I have long being denouncing being a Nigerian but an Oduduan given various reasons but confused at their propensity to travel out at the slightest opportunity or Visa Lottery. Hypocritical thing is they proclaim '9ja Till I Die' here claiming another nationality when asked by strangers abroad. We just consume, we produce nothing to the world. Regardless of my love and hate for America. Let them keep denying us, even let them deny everyone so we can stay put and tackle the mess. Most of those flying out to US and the rest of the world are escapists who don't want to engage the situation here. Nigeria to me is a war-zone, war of attrition, graver than Iraq or Somalia, anyone USA stamps their visa to go out is a dissenter. The cogent question I asked friends whenever the 'travelling out' subject is roused is - let's imagine many of you my friends and other millions of youths have ja commot finish (scattered around the world without reason to come back). for a very loooooooooooong time......do they think whatever system whose currency eventually became 5times stronger than that of the British pounds would urge them with warmly welcome to return back home and enjoy the same basic amenities and social infrastructures that enticed them to USA and UK for which those who were left behind yeeeaaaarrrrsss ago strived and died to attain ? They always either say "I don't know jor" or "I'll always be welcomed in my father's land". Can you Imagine.

BEST COMMENTER so far! Look, if someone like you applied for any visa you will most probably get it because this is the correct attitude. I add to your brilliant comments: Why will Nigerians vote the dumbest / clueless leaders, who ruin every chance to greatly advance our country and then want to run to the US, Canada, etc? It makes no sense and all this VO know exactly the leaders and countries that are shaite! As I write, their is 24 hours surveillance of Nigeria and almost all other countries both by agents in the country and military forces who live just off the Atlantic coast and every information about Nigeria is sent back almost as soon as it happens including the desperation of a lot of Nigerians to travel to the US by all means after voting useless people who will never make Nigeria a better country everyone in the world would queue up to get the visa! Shame on you all and the useless leaders you always elect and turn around to run to the US, UK.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
CyberG:

BEST COMMENTER so far! Look, if someone like you applied for any visa you will most probably get it because this is the correct attitude. I add to your brilliant comments: Why will Nigerians vote the dumbest / clueless leaders, who ruin every chance to greatly advance our country and then want to run to the US, Canada, etc? It makes no sense and all this VO know exactly the leaders and countries that are shaite! As I write, their is 24 hours surveillance of Nigeria and almost all other countries both by agents in the country and military forces who live just off the Atlantic coast and every information about Nigeria is sent back almost as soon as it happens including the desperation of a lot of Nigerians to travel to the US by all means after voting useless people who will never make Nigeria a better country everyone in the world would queue up to get the visa! Shame on you all and the useless leaders you always elect and turn around to run to the US, UK.
[b]My friend you are ranting like an uneducated person.Have'nt you heard of Migration or Emigration?If you have'nt use your Google or at most your dictionary.If i may ask you what are you doing in the city or wherever you are?Don't you have a village?Why did'nt you stay back after electing your councillors and Local Government Chairman that is if you even do go to the village?I believe you are not presently in your state.You are here venting your frustration on others.If you must know its a universal thing even Nationals of the countries you mentioned do emigrate if you don't know except that countries with weaker economy and lesser standard of living tend to experience it more.Have you ever thought in this line that if all Nigerians should seize to emigrate how can the Government cater for everyone especially with the fickled system and massive unemployment?Presently the country is at the brink of employment extinction just imagine if all the Nigerians in diaspora are around to contend with few vacant positions perhaps by now the rate of armed robbery and kidnapping would have trippled.Next time think before you type.Just as nobody stopped you or critizised you when you left the village for greener pasture so are others also emigrating.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by ghostofsparta(m): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
CyberG:

Visa ko, Mastercard ni.

I don't think our problem stems from the lumpuproletariat's inability to discern and vote for the right leaders. The truth is- there's no way a british experiment-gone-wrong can produce genuine leaders. No matter how many seemingly convincing, sweet talking and all promising political contenders are presented to us, the over-religious, mentally colonised majorities are still left with voting for one out of many Defools. It's elevating to equate our so called leaders with the imaginary Devil hence Defools because the Devil and his legions at least work tirelessly to keep inferno illuminated with fiery flames, unlike Nigeria in this 2013 where I among millions still can't sleep smoothly without uninterrupted electricity light, singing mosquitoes and a heat so sweat inducing it once made me dreamt my idle standing fan is working only to wake up from the sweat-drenched bed to see darkness. The Nigeria structure is such that it bends a virtuous ruler to compromise, it's inherently self-corrupting. It's needs a total overhaul. Full Reboot. Reformatted and install a new Operating System. One were foreign concept of governing is applied no more. Where any would be leaders, governor, senator, legislator, minister, etc should venture into government under an agreement where he/she will be made to swear oath on whatever their expected duties, promises and manifestos over the activated energies of Osisikankwu, Ayilala, Amadioha, Ogun, Shango etc on national TV with a provisio that any attempt to reverse it be met with so, so, and so dire consequences of their offspriings and generation. Then let's see who would dare to embezzle the public funds, who would think of misappropriation or corruption. Nigeria would be transformed in less than 3years. White people don't believe in all these 'woo-woo' but their borrowed system of government sure isn't working here because it's was their conception and an system that suits there. Why should our tested ancient form of check-and-balance system of government? Because it doesn't favour ill deeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by adconline(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
babyfaiz: Thanks everyone for your candid advise and opinions. Just to point out.. They never placed a ban of any sort on my passport and I applied alone without my family the second time. After reading so many replies, I can deduce from the person who wrote below

[b]@OP, I want to believe the consular office will like to deny your Visa application again and again. They probably have your records from your first interview which you failed. It'll become even more difficult for you to get your USA Visa application granted.

You applying as a Tourist in NY also doesn't sound right. It would have been more convincing if you already made contacts in New York through which your visit can be verified. An average American might find it difficult to believe that a graphic designer turn interior decorator will be able to afford close to $10,000 for a 6 month trip. Maybe it's possible but that's just their mindset, except your company is Noteworthy. (The Nigerian 419/Drug trafficking image wouldn't help either).

So I'll say, if you must visit North America, then why not opt for Canada, Toronto and Vancouver is a good substitute for New York with bright night lights and busy streets. After all you're visiting as a Tourist.

I think the problem has to be with how much I told the consular that I earned annually. He must have thought that 6 million naira annually for someone in his early thirties in Nigeria is too much. I guess he must be conversant with Nigeria and how much an average Nigeria earn. The few people that got the US visa were saying things like 2 million naira, 3 million kind of. If this were the case, the shocking thing will be.... why on earth will a family man in Nigeria that pays house rent of 1 million naira, pays school fees each term for his kids, feed and buy petrol for his car and generator will want to travel when his/ her basic salary is 2 or 3 million naira. I wouldn't even try it. When I travel, I travel large like some people call it. I pay for my hotel and even if I have relations in that particular country I don't stay with them because I love my space and I am a man of class, very fastidious about where I lay my head. I wouldn't travel out of the country if I have 2 million naira balance in my account. That to me is stupidity. In Lagos where I live, I live well drive an AMG benz ( not bragging but just want everyone to understand me). My wife drives a jeep. I am going to America to see what its like and spend my money. I wear designer cloths and was hoping to get some in New York, that influenced the choice of Newyork and my intention was to stay for 2 weeks.

I have over 20 friends in the US who are not qualified but went to America based on student grounds. It is funny because they complain everyday that they want to come home. The other day, one of them who eventually became a US citizen by marrying a black America and later divorcing her was asking for 500 dollars to bring the new 9ja wife to America. She's got her visa but he can't pay her ticket fee.

The pain is just because my intention is clean ( no hidden agenda) and i just feel proud of myself, achievements as a young lad. I always think that I am well qualified for the US visa because I don't have any false documents and I won't be telling the consular a lie. Someone just told me now that... lies that suit the requirements are necessary. So, i am thinking that I could have said that I earned 2 million and I am staying in a hostel and I work with a renowned company. That is what my so many friends that are over there said anyway. This were guys who dropped out when we were in school. So I guess my pain comes from.. how on earth will someone who is NOT soooo qualified, lied and presented oluwole document get a US visa while a genuine applicant like me will be rejected?? No wonder Bill Gates said life is so unfair. Teach your kids the truth but let them know eventually it pays but will not necessarily bail them out.

I am getting it off my chest by hitting the club tonight. Its there loss anyway because I am spending my money. I know they'll eventually give me sometime and I also know that I can't be a winner all the time. Like the saying in yoruba. You don't try to justify your rights all the time, you just let somethings slide even when you know you are right. things happen I guess this is part of life. So lesson learnt. I will just do Canada like someone advised but certainly not now. I will listen when my hood friends tell me about the US and mock me... after all your paparzzi, na me go tell you about US, not until you reach there

Typical Naija mentality of always playing victim. Your math didn't add up. Average Hotel rooms in NYC are $200 per night: 2wks=$2400, another $3000 for flight, feeding and transport: = $1000, other expenses = $500, shopping=$1000. So u are spending at least $8,000. U r spending about 21% of ur gross income in 2wks. Remember this is supposed to be from ur discretionary spending. U already told the consular that u would spend $6000.
Now that you are granted visa, you are talking about all these "ills" in America. Show me one of ur friends who is not doing well, I'll show u 10 Naija folks in US who make more than 6mill in a yr. I can also show 10 Naija folks who make up to 10mil/yr who were all denied. Why is everything has to be I have money more than u, therefor, the rules are different for me?

3 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by kaneazie(f): 12:14am On Mar 03, 2013
sorry dear just keep trying.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by babyfaiz: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
adconline:

Typical Naija mentality of always playing victim. Your math didn't add up. Average Hotel rooms in NYC are $200 per night: 2wks=$2400, another $3000 for flight, feeding and transport: = $1000, other expenses = $500, shopping=$1000. So u are spending at least $8,000. U r spending about 21% of ur gross income in 2wks. Remember this is supposed to be from ur discretionary spending. U already told the consular that u would spend $6000.
Now that you are granted visa, you are talking about all these "ills" in America. Show me one of ur friends who is not doing well, I'll show u 10 Naija folks in US who make more than 6mill in a yr. I can also show 10 Naija folks who make up to 10mil/yr who were all denied. Why is everything has to be I have money more than u, therefor, the rules are different for me?

Do you know what they call cost of living at all? I don't think you do. 6 million naira in 9ja is equivalent of earning 15 million naira over there. Everything you pay for. There accomodation is times 2 of ours, taxes, bills, health service, school fees.. just to mention a few. Does the consular know if I have other avenues/ source of income. i.e other businesses, money from families, spouse, inheritances. That is why the UK is more transparent and straight forward in there visa processes. And more so, the hotel I even booked is 120 us dollars per night. How would the consular know all these when he did not probe further,everyone will advise one, to only answer to questions you're asked. To me there is no transparency in there visa processes. Why don't they ban applicants for 10 years like the UK do when they feel you have lied or forged documents. While will i state the same figures and get visa to 4 other countries and the US will be different? And from what I know the UK is more expensive than the US.

The US ds160 form is not well detailed, they spend there time asking questions where a most definite "NO" will be the answer. Did Mutalab say he was a terrorist? Stupid questions all round. Have you seen how detailed the Candian visa form is? Where they will ask for all dependant from your nuclear to extended families. They evaluate your standard of living. Why does the US visa require an oral interview? There is always sentiment or sense of dislike when you interview someone in person and this could influence the outcome of the interview. People who know/ understand when people say American's see themselves differently from the world. They believe they are better and the power house of the world. I have never planned living abroad not to even talk of the us. The thing that drives me is knowledge and exposure you get when you visit different countries. It improves ones personality and gives you a good understanding of what the world is like.

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by funkybaby(f): 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^^ blah, blah, blah undecided
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by seyibrown(f): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
modath:

That means your interview was after ours some minutes after the lady was granted.I wasn't shocked at all.I listened to her and she convinced the guy that going to the US will ensure continous funding of her project, she said and I quote "as the project co-ordinator,the donor needs an analysis of how the funds are utilised so we can get another grant",she was ARTICULATE!!we got the same guy in cubicle 9,he wasn't lenient one bit, we just stuck to what was in our DS-160 and didn't try to waver one bit,I'm unemployed,filled it in my form & didn't try to dress it up or put any spin when I was asked.
You might remember us,I was with my husband,wore a grey dress,my SO wore a black striped shirt & tan trousers.Go to the USA visit visa thread,all the questions&answers we gave are there.

I think it is ridiculous that these interviews are not conducted in private at all. How does knowing other people are listening every word you say help any Visa applicant? Some people would be crapping themselves even if alone in a private room in front of an interviewer. Utterly ridiculous!
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
chingyjant:
Big fat lie from the darkest place in the pit of hell.Where did they give you and your family H-1 visa(work visa) when your siblings are still infants and undergraduate?Also when it was'nt a company that was sending you all there.Bro please tell that to ignoramus on NL.You must'nt comment its not by force.We all come here to learn not to deceive and lie to others.Now we know you better.

[b]Like I said, my family and I all were awarded H-1 Visas.. #Fact!

Secondly, I got that Visa in France not Nigeria. I guess that must have also aided it somehow. Funny enough, my two youngest siblings were both 4 & 6 at the time. It was a company that sent us to France, but the American trip was personal. Simply vacationing. Now I am not sure if my father applied for a tourist or professional visa, but simply put, everybody in my house got a H-1 Visa. Infact, my American and U.K Visas (Both obtained in France) were the easiest Visas I have ever gotten in my life. If I tell you the story of my British Visa, you will prolly say I'm also lying. I didn't even have complete documentations with me on that one. Because I was running late and looking for a parking space in Paric (which is a nightmare), I rushed out of the vehicle and forgot one of my envelopes in the car. I thought I had lost it, only for the guy to say and I quote "You are really making my life difficult right now. Anyways, I'm hungry and need to go on my break. Go over there ( pointing towards a cubicle) and pay". I swear it.. That was it.

My belief was that our living and working in France helped. The guy actually said 'Wow! A Family of Professionals. I like that!'. The only Visa I have obtained from Nigeria is my French Shenghen Visa. The interviewer was such an arsehole that day. That was a company trip so I guess he had no choice but to issue me my Visa. ow, I have a French resident Permit. o and by the way, I have only been to the U.S once in my life. Intend to go again in September for my sister in laws wedding.

I know it's surreal, but that's my experience. If you have the patience to look through my post history, I believe I have once said it here that I have never been denied a Visa in my life before, Today, I have U.S H-1 Visa (expired), A British Tourist Visa (expired as well), a French resident permit ( expired) and a Canadian Passport (Recently gotten). Same for everyone in my family of 7.

Don't hate! [/b]

4 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by chirpywest(m): 12:10am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Like I said, my family and I all were awarded H-1 Visas.. #Fact!

Secondly, I got that Visa in France not Nigeria. I guess that must have also aided it somehow. Funny enough, my two youngest siblings were both 4 & 6 at the time. It was a company that sent us to France, but the American trip was personal. Simply vacationing. Now I am not sure if my father applied for a tourist or professional visa, but simply put, everybody in my house got a H-1 Visa. Infact, my American and U.K Visas (Both obtained in France) were the easiest Visas I have ever gotten in my life. If I tell you the story of my British Visa, you will prolly say I'm also lying. I didn't even have complete documentations with me on that one. Because I was running late and looking for a parking space in Paric (which is a nightmare), I rushed out of the vehicle and forgot one of my envelopes in the car. I thought I had lost it, only for the guy to say and I quote "You are really making my life difficult right now. Anyways, I'm hungry and need to go on my break. Go over there ( pointing towards a cubicle) and pay". I swear it.. That was it.

My belief was that our living and working in France helped. The guy actually said 'Wow! A Family of Professionals. I like that!'. The only Visa I have obtained from Nigeria is my French Shenghen Visa. The interviewer was such an arsehole that day. That was a company trip so I guess he had no choice but to issue me my Visa. ow, I have a French resident Permit. o and by the way, I have only been to the U.S once in my life. Intend to go again in September for my sister in laws wedding.

I know it's surreal, but that's my experience. If you have the patience to look through my post history, I believe I have once said it here that I have never been denied a Visa in my life before, Today, I have U.S H-1 Visa (expired), A British Tourist Visa (expired as well), a French resident permit ( expired) and a Canadian Passport (Recently gotten). Same for everyone in my family of 7.

Don't hate! [/b]
Tell that to ABOKI in Bauchi that ur family filled form for tourist visa and America issued work visa even to the minors. Guy! Do u think you are interacting with Zombees?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lockdown Day 17: Video From Lagos Streets / Lady Recreates Photo She Took Abroad In Nigeria / Otedola Bridge Explosion Victim In Hospital Speaks: 'It Was Like A War'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.