Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,676 members, 7,840,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! - Education (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! (135447 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread. / UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
But something got me angry @ funnab yesteday. I went to accounting department if they accept ICAN (institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria) certificate for DE 200L into their accounting Dept. The man I saw there didnt respond with certainty (Was kind of YEs,No statement.) but said i should go to the senate to confirm. so i went to the senate office (Senate admission and inquires) so they also said no latter the guy said yes when i told him that the person had submitted his transcript and was accepted. So now am not even sure of the chances of this my brother that submitted ICAN Transcript to be used as a direct entry certification for Funaab Accounting Admission?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
planetuzor: According to what a staff i met at the ECO department which letter called(phone call) the HOD right in front of me to confirm what he is telling me, he said their economics department does'nt accept ND for their 3 years program. they only accept HND and must be in Economics.
What have u been able to do at ICT? Have u been able to change ya course?

I told that dude earlier but he wouldn't listen. I must commend u for being objective and not SUBJECTIVE, you've approached the challenge and that's excellent. That dude had got enough TIME to do that earlier before now but I sincerely wish him success.

You've taken a step, may the lord bless and crown ur struggle!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Temicare(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
planetuzor: According to what a staff i met at the ECO department which letter called(phone call) the HOD right in front of me to confirm what he is telling me, he said their economics department does'nt accept ND for their 3 years program. they only accept HND and must be in Economics.
Pls,kindly hlp me ask any of dose ICT dat wat course can i go 4 considerin my qualifications
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
rkarang:
What have u been able to do at ICT? Have u been able to change ya course?

I told that dude earlier but he wouldn't listen. I must commend u for being objective and not SUBJECTIVE, you've approached the challenge and that's excellent. That dude had got enough TIME to do that earlier before now but I sincerely wish him success.

You've taken a step, may the lord bless and crown ur struggle!
Before I got to funnab from lagos yesteday was almost late. I got there by 3pm(they close office by 4pm) then trekked down to COLMAS(believe me that COLMAS building location was just too far fom the main gate and its like an outskirtch of funaab. it took me like 25mins jogging Down there.#sweating seriously -all ma cloth got soaked up.) then I went to Eco dept and after that I went to acct depart too. I was then told by the guys in eco dept to quickly go change my course @ the ICT that I have 19munites to get there before they close for the workday.

Then I hurriedly Jogged to meet the guys @ the senate first then asked them my question then was directed to go the the other building where ICT office is. When i got to where the ICT guys office, they had all carried their bags to leave the office. I stood there looking at them to excuse me a minute to even hear what i came to do but they were just chatting among themselves, carrying their bags off the office, leaving me alone in the office wondering how i will come from lagos to abeokuta to be disappointed. Then suddenly one guy just came into the office, asked me young man what do you want and i explained to him I need to make a correction of a course (at that point all other questions I would have loved to ask skipped my mind).

Then he collected my slip and gave me back, then said go online and refill.. #Thanking God mood and also appreciating you for the eye opener. If you had not asked me earlier would i have known? nope. Thanks again!

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Temicare:
Pls,kindly hlp me ask any of dose ICT dat wat course can i go 4 considerin my qualifications

I had already arrived lagos that same yesteday. maybe you should go to the school on monday.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Temicare(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
planetuzor:

I had already arrived lagos that same yesteday. maybe you should go to the school on monday.
Alyait tnks. i cant go cos of my IT work(Bank)...bur i hv some1 insyde 2 hlp me confirm...i tut u hv their(ICT) contact ... 1 tin i know 4 sure is dat my testimony is sure dis year...we r already dr..tnks again
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Temicare(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
planetuzor:

Alyait tnks.bur i fink d reg closed xterday...however, i cant go cos of my IT work(Bank)...bur i hv some1 insyde 2 hlp me confirm...i tut u hv their(ICT) contact ... 1 tin i know 4 sure is dat my testimony is sure dis year...we r already dr..tnks again
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Mabadejesunday(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=planetuzor]
Before I got to funnab from lagos yesteday was almost late. I got there
by 3pm(they close office by 4pm) then trekked down to COLMAS(believe me
that COLMAS building location was just too far fom the main gate and its
like an outskirtch of funaab. it took me like 25mins jogging Down
there.#sweating seriously -all ma cloth got soaked up.) then I went to
Eco dept and after that I went to acct depart too. I was then told by
the guys in eco dept to quickly go change my course @ the ICT that I
have 19munites to get there before they close for the workday.

Then I hurriedly Jogged to meet the guys @ the senate first then asked
them my question then was directed to go the the other building where
ICT office is. When i got to where the ICT guys office, they had all
carried their bags to leave the office. I stood there looking at them to
excuse me a minute to even hear what i came to do but they were just
chatting among themselves, carrying their bags off the office, leaving
me alone in the office wondering how i will come from lagos to abeokuta
to be disappointed. Then suddenly one guy just came into the office,
asked me young man what do you want and i explained to him I need to
make a correction of a course (at that point all other questions I would
have loved to ask skipped my mind).

Then he collected my slip and gave me back, then said go online and
refill.. #Thanking God mood and also appreciating you for the eye
opener. If you had not asked me earlier would i have known? nope. Thanks
again![/quote]

Did u enquire on the requirements for DE admission into their Accounting Dept?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
planetuzor:
Before I got to funnab from lagos yesteday was almost late. I got there by 3pm(they close office by 4pm) then trekked down to COLMAS(believe me that COLMAS building location was just too far fom the main gate and its like an outskirtch of funaab. it took me like 25mins jogging Down there.#sweating seriously -all ma cloth got soaked up.) then I went to Eco dept and after that I went to acct depart too. I was then told by the guys in eco dept to quickly go change my course @ the ICT that I have 19munites to get there before they close for the workday.

Then I hurriedly Jogged to meet the guys @ the senate first then asked them my question then was directed to go the the other building where ICT office is. When i got to where the ICT guys office, they had all carried their bags to leave the office. I stood there looking at them to excuse me a minute to even hear what i came to do but they were just chatting among themselves, carrying their bags off the office, leaving me alone in the office wondering how i will come from lagos to abeokuta to be disappointed. Then suddenly one guy just came into the office, asked me young man what do you want and i explained to him I need to make a correction of a course (at that point all other questions I would have loved to ask skipped my mind).

Then he collected my slip and gave me back, then said go online and refill.. #Thanking God mood and also appreciating you for the eye opener. If you had not asked me earlier would i have known? nope. Thanks again!
You're welcome brother! That's the benefit of being open minded; ability to listen and make a JUDICIOUS decision.

Honestly, am so happy for u and I pray that may the Lord grant u success in ur application.

As sharp as a tack!

Goodluck my humble brother!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Tamax: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
We are progressing grin grin grin
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Tamax: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
Temicare:
Alyait tnks.bur i fink d reg closed xterday...however, i cant go cos of my IT work(Bank)...bur i hv some1 insyde 2 hlp me confirm...i tut u hv their(ICT) contact ... 1 tin i know 4 sure is dat my testimony is sure dis year...we r already dr..tnks again
Temi.. u beta ask for permission of a day or two frm work... and shutout all what is needed to do at the funabb ICT and all oda places there... This is what the future depends on.. There is tym for everytin my sister.. Goodluck wink
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by dharmielareh: 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
Plz guys what are d requirement for mech eng @funaab dis yr.....

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Temicare(m): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Tamax:
Temi.. u beta ask for permission of a day or two frm work... and shutout all what is needed to do at the funabb ICT and all oda places there... This is what the future depends on.. There is tym for everytin my sister.. Goodluck wink
i understand u(i never knew dis was how everytin will turn out b)...they've already given me a week brk 4 my statement of result,dey gave me truout out last 2 week brk 4 my transcript...dey wont take anoda excuse 4rm me(n i will soon finish my 1 year IT)..d guy dr is lyk a broda 2 me...i pray all will b well wit me.. am gonna beg him 2 take dis very serious...
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Deleabiodun: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
sexyolag:

Does this mean that transcript submission is closing along with the closure of registration ? Pls elucidate

I fear it is.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Tamax: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Temicare:
i understand u(i never knew dis was how everytin will turn out b)...they've already given me a week brk 4 my statement of result,dey gave me truout out last 2 week brk 4 my transcript...dey wont take anoda excuse 4rm me(n i will soon finish my 1 year IT)..d guy dr is lyk a broda 2 me...i pray all will b well wit me.. am gonna beg him 2 take dis very serious...
Ehya... God will be with us all... Just try as much as u can and beg him to give u even a day to fix all d loopholes dat meant jeopadise ya admssion. I wish u well sister... smiley
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Asb4love(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
Deleabiodun:

I fear it is.
.are you saying monday maybe too late 4 transcript submission?i pray i receive mercy along with others to submit it o, i'v mine @hand now,monday on my mind,am i good 2 go?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Gleefreak125(m): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
Deleabiodun:

I fear it is.
Hey brova, dont do guess work here jare. Av u bin 2 funaab 2 submit ur transcript n u're told its l8 4 submission. Dont start putin unnecessary fear in2 pple. Dis 1 is 4 those yet 2 submit their transcript, pls jst make it snappy, u simply dont av tym on ur hands. Get it as soon as u can b4 jambite get their schedule or even finish writin d exams cos I dont fink any1 wuld welcome ur transcript wen exams have bin concluded. Gudluck 2 all aspirants
#STILL NO THAT COUNTDOWN#
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Asb4love(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
Gleefreak125:
Hey brova, dont do guess work here jare. Av u bin 2 funaab 2 submit ur transcript n u're told its l8 4 submission. Dont start putin unnecessary fear in2 pple. Dis 1 is 4 those yet 2 submit their transcript, pls jst make it snappy, u simply dont av tym on ur hands. Get it as soon as u can b4 jambite get their schedule or even finish writin d exams cos I dont fink any1 wuld welcome ur transcript wen exams have bin concluded. Gudluck 2 all aspirants
#STILL NO THAT COUNTDOWN#
.thanks brother, i have collected mine 4rm my poly 2day ,which i aim 2 submit on monday.@walex thank you so much my brother, i had followed your advice,and by god's grace,i now av my transcript with me now which i aim to go and submit @funnab on monday insha a Allahu.others who are yet to get theirs should press every button that can make it possible,and let's belief that; we can make it,success at all insha a Allahu.

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SAMSOLA05(m): 12:17am On Jul 21, 2013
dharmielareh: pls any mech eng student in d house
Yah, am here.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by amaizinn(m): 12:52am On Jul 21, 2013
Temicare:
Alyait tnks. i cant go cos of my IT work(Bank)...bur i hv some1 insyde 2 hlp me confirm...i tut u hv their(ICT) contact ... 1 tin i know 4 sure is dat my testimony is sure dis year...we r already dr..tnks again
humm,my dear temicare. God is always willing to help those who help demselvz ooo. Dont sit down ther and wait mk angel michael go stand 4 u. Beta comot frm dt ur air condition office and tak excuse to enta hot sun for d sake of a beta airconditioned office. If i code switch or code mix, e no mean. Jst get d point and fulfil ur testimony
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SAMSOLA05(m): 12:54am On Jul 21, 2013
Oh!is goin to be risky o, I wil nt be able to submit my transcript until 1st week of August.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Kennysazzy(m): 5:03am On Jul 21, 2013
SAMSOLA05: Oh!is goin to be risky o, I wil nt be able to submit my transcript until 1st week of August.
why naaa bro that's too risky oooo
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 21, 2013
Gleefreak125:
LOC Do u mean leta of completion of compulsory 1yr IT or leta of completion of National Diploma? I fink its only skuls vat r slow in issuin result dat issue LOC 4 ND. Moreova I tot fresh ND graduates cant apply 4 DE since d LOC 4 d 1yr compulsory IT wuld b requested durin screenin (cant say 4 oda A'level holders sha bt its bin requested 4 HND especially in my skul, Oga usuf can testify 2 vat). So my point is, as a fresh graduate, u knw u're 2 undago a 1yr compulsory IT, y shuld u put in 4 DE even if ur result meets up wit d tym frame of d admission wen u avnt undagone d IT?(I stand 2 b corrected) n 4 those whose result is still pendin due 2 aw their skul operates, I guess d LOC 4 ND shuld b issued in lieu of d result till it bcoms available. Vats aw gleefreak Cs it.
Yes... it is mandatory you tender
Kennysazzy: why naaa bro that's too risky oooo
Yes... it is mandatory u tender ur loc of 1 yr IT for HND admition but for DE some schools are less concerned. School like unilorin laid emphasis on loc of a yr IT for screening their admitted DE candidates. But in funaab amd UI notin lik such.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2013
Yah! Good morning friends. It is Sunday again. A day for rest after six days unrest (rigorous work). But I wonder y Sundays seem short unlike other days, well, don't mind the lazy guy, he is just nervous to travel tomorrow, its work things again. Pls excuse me incase am not chance to comment or leave any info. I av confidence in u guys that u will never rest on ur oas in making this forum livly. Let me leave you with most profound word in my career,as long as Physics works I shall still meet you alive. See you soon....
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2013
Most likely that one will be asked "What have u been doing since ya graduation" so prepare to answer that on the screening day.

Other questions are: What do u know abt cultism? What do u know abt yy? What do u know abt BH? Why Accounting? How many local govts are in ya state of origin? Name FIVE local govts in ya state of origin? Why are u dressed in red shirt? Why do u have ya hair uncut? Tell us abt ya Polytechnic? Why FUNAAB? Etc. I learnt that one JALAMIA guy was sent away when he could not answer a question on BH.

Here is the conversation:
Panel: Do u know anything abt BH?
JALAMIA: Yes sir! One of the applicants was hitting the JALAMIA's leg and the frustrated JALAMIA replied loudly, leave me now, let me talk. Only God that saved that third party, he would have been sent away.

Panel: So tell us what u know?
JALAMIA: Couldn't say anything

Panel: We asked u to dress formally but u're dressed in JALAMIA, in fact u even look like BH, get out right now.
30k just got wasted. I learnt that only few if at all there will be any that will be sent out like that.

Don't go there and start lying, except that u're an expert. Cos some of the interviewers are psychologists. In short, lie logically! Back it up when subsequent questions are raised.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by astronautog(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2013
Futo [engineering only] cost 3000 naira
imsu [all departments] cost 3000 naira
esut [all departments] cost 3000 naira
fact:all answers would be sent to your mobile phones 10 minutes after exam starts!!!!
If you need accomodation in any of the above schools contact me.read my signature for contact details
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2013
rkarang: Most likely that one will be asked "What have u been doing since ya graduation" so prepare to answer that on the screening day.

Other questions are: What do u know abt cultism? What do u know abt yy? What do u know abt BH? Why Accounting? How many local govts are in ya state of origin? Name FIVE local govts in ya state of origin? Why are u dressed in red shirt? Why do u have ya hair uncut? Tell us abt ya Polytechnic? Why FUNAAB? Etc. I learnt that one JALAMIA guy was sent away when he could not answer a question on BH.

JALAMIA: Yes sir! One of the applicants was hitting the JALAMIA's leg and the frustrated JALAMIA replied loudly, leave me now, let me talk. Only God that saved that third party, he would have been sent away.

Panel: We asked u to dress formally but u're dressed in JALAMIA, in fact u even look like BH, get out right now.
30k just got wasted. I learnt that only few if at all there will be any that will be sent out like that.

Don't go there and start lying, except that u're an expert. Cos some of the interviewers are psychologists. In short, lie logically! Back it up when subsequent questions are raised.

Its a serious issue o. Lol.. I need to save this page now.. More pls.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=rkarang]Most likely that one will be asked "What have u been doing since ya graduation" so prepare to answer that on the screening day.

Don't go there and start lying, except that u're an expert. Cos some of the interviewers are psychologists. In short, lie logically! Back it up when subsequent questions are raised.[/quote
This is realy funny.]
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Asb4love(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2013
Any Animal Production and Health(APH) aspirant in the room? Pls signify.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2013
planetuzor:

Its a serious issue o. Lol.. I need to save this page now.. More pls.
I couldn't help laughing too!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2013
rkarang: Most likely that one will be asked "What have u been doing since ya graduation" so prepare to answer that on the screening day.

Abeg o, wetin be 'BH' and 'yy' ooo Me ah nor know oo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (135) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates / Federal Polytechnic OKO 2016 - 2017 Admission / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.