Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? (15532 Views)

Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri On Independence Day (Photos) / A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Cmeo(m): 7:11am On Mar 02, 2013
A presidential aide on Friday said President Goodluck Jonathan was not afraid to visit any part of the country contrary to insinuations in some quarters.

Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak, stated this in an exclusive interview with our correspondent.

Gulak was reacting to Thursday’s visit of governors of the parties in the newly formed All Progressives Congress to Maiduguri, Borno State, where insinuations were made that leaders should be courageous to visit any part of the country.

Borno State has remained the centre of activities of the fundamental Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

Jonathan has not visited the state since the insurgency, which has claimed several lives, began in 2009. Vice-President Namadi Sambo was there recently.

The governors said they chose Maiduguri to prove a point that “there should not be a no-go area for any Nigerian leader.”

But Gulak told our correspondent that as the President of the country, Jonathan is not afraid of visiting any part of Nigeria.

The presidential aide stated that to demonstrate that he is not afraid to visit the state, Jonathan would be in Maiduguri on Thursday.

He said, “Who is afraid to visit Borno State? The President will be on a state visit to Borno State next week, March 7 to be precise.

“The governors are just trying to pre-empt the President. Goodluck Jonathan is not afraid of visiting any part of the country. He is the President of all states and all parts of the country without exception.”

- See more at: http://www.punchng.com/news/president-not-afraid-to-visit-maiduguri-aide/#sthash.0sifX5GI.dpuf

ACP at work right??

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2013
If truely the president is to visit Maiduguri next Thursday, it must have been planned long time ago, not today.

The APC governors may have preempted the president because the Borno governor will have privy information of the president's planned visit.

But the vice president was there recently. I cant even recall how many states the president has visited since after the elections, mayb very few. But I agree that of Borno is a special case and the president needed to have been there to show solidarity but who knows if his security people advised against a visit prior to this time.

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by egift(m): 8:03am On Mar 02, 2013
Insincere_9gerian, it is a lie. Jona did not plan anything long ago. He has always been a reactionary leader. This announcement like many others is just to save face. Am glad that a one-month-old party have completely embarrassed him.

APC 1 vs PDP 0

66 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by GARRIx7(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If truely the president is to visit Maiduguri next Thursday, it must have been planned long time ago, not today.

The APC governors may have preempted the president because the Borno governor will have privy information of the president's planned visit.

But the vice president was there recently. I cant even recall how many states the president has visited since after the elections, mayb very few. But I agree that of Borno is a special case and the president needed to have been there to show solidarity but who knows if his security people advised against a visit prior to this time.

Stop trying to be too clever by half, you're a disgrace to yourself and a bloody shameless LIAR!!

The fact remains that your Oga is‎​ a COWARD who hides under his wife's wrapper when faced with challenges...

grin

42 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by fkaz(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2013
Hope they won't put the city under key and lock again, because of his visit.

Let him try and show little swags just like the opposition governors grin grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by egift(m): 8:24am On Mar 02, 2013
This will likely be among his top consideration for Thursday

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If truely the president is to visit Maiduguri next Thursday, it must have been planned long time ago, not today.

you be real professional ass-licker. I greet you.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by gramci: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2013
fkaz: Hope they won't put the city under key and lock again, because of his visit.

Let him try and show little swags just like the opposition governors grin grin

What do you expect? He's the president.

I just hope buhari won't bring back some of his boys on training in mali to welcome GEj. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2013
The President need to respond to those bunch of Party Changers, they metamorphose too much these days, today its ACN, tomorrow APC next week they might become PHENSIC PARACETAMOL. I cant be in a party that changes colors, names and manifesto. No clear vision

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by gramci: 9:00am On Mar 02, 2013
blink182: you be real professional ass-licker. I greet you.

Must you attack his person, focus on the issue. Any fool can resort to name calling, enough of this "motor park" approach to issues. Shikena

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by egift(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2013
I will not be surprise if on Thursday he find an excuse not to be there, visit early in the week OR completely deny ever planning a visit.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2013
gramci:

Must you attack his person, focus on the issue. Any fool can resort to name calling, enough of this "motor park" approach to issues. Shikena
there is no issue here, it is pretty obvious this is a political move to counter the opposition because why now of all time.

Apc is driving pdp nuts and it is quite obvious. A party that hasn't even been registered yet. What happens when it goes official.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2013
I see some propagandists trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. The so called APC governors were not elected governors yesterday. Most of them have been governors since 2011, some even earlier than that (eg Fashola has been governor since 2007). How come they'r just visiting Borno yesterday since the Boko haram violence started in 2010/2011?

The movement of the president of a country cannot be compared to that of a governor. The logistics in preparation for presidential movement is 100times more than that for a governor or an ex-governor.

The fact of the matter is that the governor of Borno knew the president's planned visit (if indeed the president is scheduled to visit Borno on Thurs) to the state and organised the APC governors visit ahead of that of the president for cheap political points and generate this sort of conversation.

Anyway, whoever between APC or GEJ that visits Borno first has no implication in the construction of the second Niger Bridge or poverty alleviation

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by GARRIx7(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: The President need to respond to those bunch of Party Changers, they metamorphose too much these days, today its ACN, tomorrow APC next week they might become PHENSIC PARACETAMOL. I cant be in a party that changes colors, names and manifesto. No clear vision

What a shame!!!

So the only reason Mr. President is‎​ visiting Borno State is‎​ because APC Governors visited...

Isn't it shameful?? You've just confirmed why many believe that Mr. President is‎​ Reactive and not proactive...

Obviously he doesn't care about the plight of the people, all he cares about is‎​ "RESPONDING" to the visit of the opposition Governors..

Shame on Mr. President!!

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Tolexander: 9:22am On Mar 02, 2013
GEJ is becoming a disgrace to himself.
Had he planned a state visit to maiduguri without any opponents' influence, it would have been better. This is something he should have done before now if truely he wants to show solidarity to the people of the state.
But when going, he should remember to say goodbye cos anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by bankyblue(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2013
After the visit, when do we then go for is b****l ceremony pls? Lol
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by chrisxxx(m): 9:25am On Mar 02, 2013
I hope Jonathan does not want to play Aguiyi-Ironsi?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by vedaxcool(m): 9:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Once again the opposition shows the presidents how to lead, many reasons to vote jonadumb out of power since he prefer being a follower who follows the footsteps of the opposition! SAI APC 2015!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Na die dey hungry this man oo
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by HisMajesty1(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Hope his security men will provide him with a strong bullet proof vest and his car bomb proof 2x, cause i don't trust those boko dudes o!
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by yam: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: The President need to respond to those bunch of Party Changers, they metamorphose too much these days, today its ACN, tomorrow APC next week they might become PHENSIC PARACETAMOL. I cant be in a party that changes colors, names and manifesto. No clear vision

First of all, u are mad, secondly u have no vision both spiritually and physically.Thank ur wife for typying these for u.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):

What a shame!!!

So the only reason Mr. President is‎​ visiting Borno State is‎​ because APC Governors visited...

Isn't it shameful?? You've just confirmed why many believe that Mr. President is‎​ Reactive and not proactive...

Obviously he doesn't care about the plight of the people, all he cares about is‎​ "RESPONDING" to the visit of the opposition Governors..

Shame on Mr. President!!
I kind of hate those who insult the person of my President. I am beginning to think you are one of those who lacked methodologies in handling political discourse on a sane wavelength. It bothers me that you are not lettered enough to understand not to insult your President on the Web.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by earthgreeners(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I see some propagandists trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. The so called APC governors were not elected governors yesterday. Most of them have been governors since 2011, some even earlier than that (eg Fashola has been governor since 2007). How come they'r just visiting Borno yesterday since the Boko haram violence started in 2010/2011?

The movement of the president of a country cannot be compared to that of a governor. The logistics in preparation for presidential movement is 100times more than that for a governor or an ex-governor.

The fact of the matter is that the governor of Borno knew the president's planned visit (if indeed the president is scheduled to visit Borno on Thurs) to the state and organised the APC governors visit ahead of that of the president for cheap political points and generate this sort of conversation.

Anyway, whoever between APC or GEJ that visits Borno first has no implication in the construction of the second Niger Bridge or poverty alleviation

With due respect, you are a fooooooooollllll

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by oluwadare26(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2013

I now see clearly y u are a loser

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2013
yam:

First of all, u are mad, secondly u have no vision both spiritually and physically.Thank ur wife for typying these for u.
No, I am not mad. And again, you need to have attended even First Year in the University, you have committed Fallacy Ad Homonium and I fear for your sanity as a person. Learn to tackle issues and not persons, it hurts to know there are so many illiterates who just know how to type.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by mmmustapha(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2013
So jonathan choose March 5 to be his remembrance day coz I dnt thing he will make it alive beta withdraw
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by earthgreeners(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I kind of hate those who insult the person of my President. I am beginning to think you are one of those who lacked methodologies in handling political discourse on a sane wavelength. It bothers me that you are not lettered enough to understand not to insult your President on the Web.

Sorry, is Mr. President (GEJ) not a ret.ard?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by nep2ra(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013

Dude, "enbrain" yourself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
oluwadare26:

I now see clearly y u are a loser
Hahahaha, Another. So Nairaland is infested with persona non grata. Ornithological specimens of identical specimens of identical plumage tend to congregate in close proximity.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Lucy001(f): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I see some propagandists trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. The so called APC governors were not elected governors yesterday. Most of them have been governors since 2011, some even earlier than that (eg Fashola has been governor since 2007). How come they'r just visiting Borno yesterday since the Boko haram violence started in 2010/2011?

Presidential aid.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by aieromon(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
I wish him safe journey.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Sorry, is Mr. President (GEJ) not a ret.ard?
No He is not, infact, He is President, Commander in Chief of our Republic. Is your father a re/t/ard ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hi Guys, Please I Need Info About Sex Hawkers In Osun State / Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist, Three Others Arrested / Osinbajo Presiding Over FEC Meeting Today (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.