Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? (15535 Views)

Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri On Independence Day (Photos) / A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
franchizy: To be Frank d president was scheduled to visit Borno state in October 2011 but it was shelved cos of an international engagement. He scheduled anoda visit in 2012 bt cos of d subsidy crisis he shelved it and sent his VP. I recall his planed visit to Borno state on March 7th was planed early in January and a letter was sent to d Borno state Governor. An Aide to d Gov revealed to a source in d presidency how d Gov had planed wit d opposition Governors to hold d meeting in Borno state just to embarass d president and deceive Nigerians.
After d presidents visit to Borno state, he will visit Yobe, Gombe, Kaduna, Adamawa, Bauchi and Jos.
Nigerians shud know dat GEJ is d best president we ever had, very humble and industrious. He has performed better than all other presidents. The only president to ve fought corruption to d last later. The only president who ve never stolen one penny. The only president working with God fearing cabinets.
The only president who has changed the life of many Nigerians. I think the president needs our support to bring Nigeria bk to the promise land.
Sir, I on behalf of Nigerians and my fellow Nairalanders wish u journey mercy and Gods protection as u embark on your visit to Borno state

Who is this mad man?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
kingoflag:

Youre preaching to me or your computer screen? What politicians are you talking about and who are you advising on who they or dont work for? Are you ok? On this forum, numerous times, youve praised one politician or the other based on which party theyre from, what tribe theyre from, which language they speak, or what creed they proclaim. Go thru ALL my posts and pick out just one where---APART FROM BUHARI--- I've ever praised any Nigerian politician. And you dare to talk of hypocrisy? Youre right, it does depend on who our heroes are.

I think youre a mad man to assume that I sleep on a wooden bed, while you got a golden one. Then again, empty barrels make the loudest noise, so I'm not surprised. You sound mentally unstable though.

Your President represents a majority of what people? Whether you know it or not: YOU HAVE NEVER HAD AN ELECTION IN NIGERIA SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THAT SHAM DEMOCRACY YALL CLAIM TO BE PRACTICING. The Military (IBB, OBJ, T.Y Danjuma and co) still dictate every 4yrs who's gonna put yall through another round of misery. Its ok to delude yourself though, that you have a democracy.

You can keep your preaching to urself and go advice your man on the wastefulness he embarks on whenever he's bored. Advice him on his N1.3Billion meals, 10 private jets, $3million cutleries, N4billion Mission house for his wife, N16Billion mansion for his V.P etc

Advice him on the above and keep me far from your lunatic, backwards ways of thinking. I will not be indoctrinated. I refuse.
I hardly picked out a single point from your songcry. I advise you calm down and be rational so you dont go crazy if you havent already. Did you make sense in the emotional out-pour? Far from it. I think you are neither here nor there, if you actually belong to a political party you should be able to call your constituency representative in the Legislature and table the grievance and let him move a motion to an effect. Oh I forgot, you are not interested in Party Politics, you are only interested in raising alarm on Nairaland. For your information, all those expense you are lamenting about actually went through the Legislative Chambers, so ask your constituency representative why he allowed the expenses to be approved. Last time I checked, thats how governance works.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

It's ok for the poor and innocent folks getting blown up everyday to suffer and die, but the president of the country, the commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces and the chief security officer of Nigeria with the most powerful guns and security detail in Nigeria who swore to protect them must not risk his life and a segment of the country is a no go area for him?

Is this your own dubious and backward understanding of the word leadership?

If YOU were the leader will YOU risk not ever seeing your family and kids again merely to prove a point, especially as it's likely you'll be a specific target of assassins and terrorists? The average resident of Maiduguri cannot be compared to Jonathan. The former is not a specific target while the latter is, at least potentially, making HIS situation a lot more dangerous and dicey than the ordinary resident there.

Of course the president has no business being there if his security staff decide it's not safe at this time for him. He was elected to lead the nation, not to die at the hands of assassins. He must be protected.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by wirinet(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If truely the president is to visit Maiduguri next Thursday, it must have been planned long time ago, not today.

The APC governors may have preempted the president because the Borno governor will have privy information of the president's planned visit.

But the vice president was there recently. I cant even recall how many states the president has visited since after the elections, mayb very few. But I agree that of Borno is a special case and the president needed to have been there to show solidarity but who knows if his security people advised against a visit prior to this time.

i usually do not respond to professional government protagonists but what you wrote there is pure bullshite. You were neither here no there, first you were able to read the mind of borno state government to know that he had privy information that Jonathan is coming to borno and so APC politicians were able to preempt him. Then you you excused Jonathan because he has not visited many states since he was elected. You then reversed Your arguments completely by second guessing security agents advising Jonathan against visiting borno. So what exactly is York stand on the issue outside defending Jonathan.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by MAYOWAAK: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
The Fear of APC is the Beginning of Cluelessness.
"One day, the president may jump into the Lagoon to display his swimming skills just because one APC governor challenged him to a swim bath contest".

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Pukkah: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Make Jona no allow this APC people set trap for am. He should go when he feels he's safe enough. Going there just days after the APC crew says something.

But you stated on the other thread that the governors' visit 'doesn't prove jack'.

It's the same visit that you're now referring to as saying 'something' if the President visits? What's the 'something' that it says? Now this is getting interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/1211456/progressive-governors-street-maiduguri-acknowledging

Well, just a piece of advice, as a moderator you're free to uphold your political leaning but it's better (though not compulsory) to be consistent and come forth with solid arguments that are devoid of hidden sentiments or latent bias.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by wirinet(m): 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: The visit to Maiduguri, Yobe and 2 other states were already planned since last December, but the opposition had a wind of it and rushed there first so as to make the President's visit, which was under wraps seem reactionary. APC will do anything to confuse uninformed Nigerians but we should understand that today's APC are yesterday's men who only metamorphose for their selfish interests and not for the good of common Nigerians.

you mean the president and commander of the nigerian armed forces, general goodluck ebele Jonathan gave 3 months notice before he planned to visit a war/conflict zone. Wow that is a war strategy he must have learnt at war college (i hope he attended kuru). Even his other enemies got wind his movements and planned countermeasures. I wonder what countermeasures his other enemy (boko) would have employed.

Even the publicity stunt undertaken by the APC guys caught everybody by surprise, even Jonathan.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Wadeoye(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
2015 is becoming a do or die for this opportunist.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by naijaking1: 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
The president should not be ruling by reaction. Going to Maiduguri after the APC people visited will be a reaction, and deplorable.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by EkoIle1: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

If YOU were the leader will YOU risk not ever seeing your family and kids again merely to prove a point, especially as it's likely you'll be a specific target of assassins and terrorists? The average resident of Maiduguri cannot be compared to Jonathan. The former is not a specific target while the latter is, at least potentially, making HIS situation a lot more dangerous and dicey than the ordinary resident there.

Of course the president has no business being there if his security staff decide it's not safe at this time for him. He was elected to lead the nation, not to die at the hands of assassins. He must be protected.

So many governors with less access to security apparatus than what's available to the sissy and chicken president made the same trip and walk on the streets of maiduguri and they are all back home with their families so come up with a different line of reasoning to defend this worthless and coward president.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Demdem(m): 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

But you stated on the other thread that the governors' visit 'doesn't prove jack'.

It's the same visit that you're now referring to as saying something if the President visits? What's the 'something' that it says? Now this is getting interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/1211456/progressive-governors-street-maiduguri-acknowledging

Well, just a piece of advice, as a moderator you're free to uphold your political leaning but it's better (though not compulsory) to be consistent and come forth with solid arguments that are devoid of hidden sentiments or latent bias.

Nice observation u have here. Hypocrites abound. Mods arent spared.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by EkoIle1: 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

It's the same visit that you're now referring to as saying something if the President visits? What's the 'something' that it says? Now this is getting interesting.

Sadly, his status as a moderator on NL is secondary to his tribal affiliations and poor judgement which comes first.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by ckkris: 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
Remember Aguiyi Ironsi.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Ovaiegbe(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
I wonder what the point of argument and cursing is on the above subject. The questions we should be asking are,
1. Does Maiduguri deserve a presidential visit?
My answer: YES
2. Is it late for the president?
Answer: Better late than never
3. Is it right for the President to visit Maiduguri?
Answer: YES
4. Since APC has preempted the President, Should he refuse to go to Maiduguri?
Answer: An absolute NO because of the first question above.

So guys, get yourselves a better vocation and stop ranting here.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Demdem(m): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ovaiegbe: I wonder what the point of argument and cursing is on the above subject. The questions we should be asking are,
1. Does Maiduguri deserve a presidential visit?
My answer: YES
2. Is it late for the president?
Answer: Better late than never
3. Is it right for the President to visit Maiduguri?
Answer: YES
4. Since APC has preempted the President, Should he refuse to go to Maiduguri?
Answer: An absolute [b]NO
because of the first question above.[/b]

So guys, get yourselves a better vocation and stop ranting here.

There is no evidence yet to suggest that APC preempted the president. what we know is the retardeen never had any intention to go. infact he told us that the Airstrip in Borno is non-fuctional. No that the Progressives have gone and are back to their respective states, he now have have an afterthought
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

So many governors with less access to security apparatus than what's available to the sissy and chicken president made the same trip and walk on the streets of maiduguri and they are all back home with their families so come up with a different line of reasoning to defend this worthless and coward president.

How can you be so crass, naive, and reckless as to place the president - the very symbol of the federation Boko Haram oppose, on the same level as a governor in terms of terrorist risk?

Fact is the bigger the personality, the higher the risk. And the higher the standards of safety required for his protection. Sheer common sense really.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by VEE2010(m): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Nigeria politicians sha! They can think of scoring cheap political points with just anything. My question is, why didn't they choose Borno state for their meeting like 5 to 6 months ago? Why is it now that Gej has systematically dislodged the Boko boys both inside and outside(Mali). To me, they're even promoting Gej for suddenly bringing peace back to Borno.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by EkoIle1: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

How can you be so crass, naive, and reckless as to place the president - the very symbol of the federation Boko Haram oppose, on the same level as a governor in terms of terrorist risk?

Fact is the bigger the personality, the higher the risk. And the higher the standards of safety required for his protection. Sheer common sense really.

What is crass, naive, and reckless is you admitting that BH is more powerful than the president of Nigeria, the commander in chief and the chief security officer of Nigeria and they can also control or restrict his movement in his own country.

In effect, he ceded control of a segment of sovereign Nigeria to BH. The man is a disgrace and a sorry excuse that no society should be burdened with. It's even worse that you so called leaders of tomorrow are worse and more despicable than the leaders of yesterday and today..
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Pukkah: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
Demdem:

Nice observation u have here. Hypocrites abound. Mods arent spared.
Eko Ile:

Sadly, his status as a moderator on NL is secondary to his tribal affiliations and poor judgement which comes first.

But aren't moderators (or, better put, referees) suppossed to be above board and exercise restraint when it comes to matters of personal opinion or beliefs?

I was aghast when I saw the volte face within 24 hours! This is unbecoming of the referee of any forum.

On that same thread, I reported a poster (FreeGlobe) who insulted me and hurled tribal insults without any provocation. Up till now, I am not aware that anything has been done to him.

This shouldn't be a surprise anyway since the assailant shares the same viewpoint with the supposed referee?

Is this how to make the forum great?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by nagoma(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I kind of hate those who insult the person of my President. I am beginning to think you are one of those who lacked methodologies in handling political discourse on a sane wavelength. It bothers me that you are not lettered enough to understand not to insult your President on the Web.

If the president is not tethered enough to do the job of a quality president , you have no other option than to give him the respect due to a failed Presdent.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Aksally(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Can somebody help me out? Here in ABJ campaign for elective post in the Area councils is boiling like craze. These candidates are on posters with names of parties that were buried last month. I have not seen any APC's candidate poster. Pls let us know if there is any.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ihu bayan hari grin
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by PastorOla1: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
To do what, since all this days.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by abt(m): 1:19am On Mar 03, 2013
wirinet:

you mean the president and commander of the nigerian armed forces, general goodluck ebele Jonathan gave 3 months notice before he planned to visit a war/conflict zone. Wow that is a war strategy he must have learnt at war college (i hope he attended kuru). Even his other enemies got wind his movements and planned countermeasures. I wonder what countermeasures his other enemy (boko) would have employed.

Even the publicity stunt undertaken by the APC guys caught everybody by surprise, even Jonathan.

+100
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by seanet01: 6:30am On Mar 03, 2013
ROSSIKE: This is crazy if true. Jonathan has no business responding to the puerile antics of any opposition. If his security team reckon Borno is unsafe for him, they have no business getting him there, regardless of what APC do or don't do. Nigerians who elected him understand the situation in Borno state and do not expect him to go and risk his life to in order to prove a political point.
Shut up your dirty stinking mouth!
A whole President being told not to visit a place he is the C-in-C? What a joke you are?
Even in the heat of war, hollande visited Mali, Gowon visited calabar, Bush visited Iraq, Bush visited Afghanistan, Tony Blair visited Iraq, Tony Blair visited Afghanistan.
You need to grow up
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by babapupa: 6:56am On Mar 03, 2013
Pukkah:

But aren't moderators (or, better put, referees) suppossed to be above board and exercise restraint when it comes to matters of personal opinion or beliefs?

I was aghast when I saw the volte face within 24 hours! This is unbecoming of the referee of any forum.

On that same thread, I reported a poster (FreeGlobe) who insulted me and hurled tribal insults without any provocation. Up till now, I am not aware that anything has been done to him.

This shouldn't be a surprise anyway since the assailant shares the same viewpoint with the supposed referee?

Is this how to make the forum great?

We not only had this discussion when they made him a mod, we also protested because he's a bigot and a hopeless tribalist. He's not everybody's mod, he's strictly ibo mod hence his warped views in this and other threads..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 03, 2013
Billyonaire: I hardly picked out a single point from your songcry. I advise you calm down and be rational so you dont go crazy if you havent already. Did you make sense in the emotional out-pour? Far from it. I think you are neither here nor there, if you actually belong to a political party you should be able to call your constituency representative in the Legislature and table the grievance and let him move a motion to an effect. Oh I forgot, you are not interested in Party Politics, you are only interested in raising alarm on Nairaland. For your information, all those expense you are lamenting about actually went through the Legislative Chambers, so ask your constituency representative why he allowed the expenses to be approved. Last time I checked, thats how governance works.
No, I.diot, THATS NOT HOW GOVERNANCE WORKS!!! I know your still new to this concept called "Democracy" so I'll break some things down for you.

I'll start with something not related to profligacy or corruption since you obviously think it's okay for leaders to steal; let's start with simple 'directives' and leadership. Take the various incidences of assaults and physical abuse that's rampant in Nigeria whereby state agents and non state agents alike always take it upon themselves to beat up weaker people without fear of repercussion. If the dummy in charge of Nigeria today goes before the National Assembly, on live Tv, and declares war against those that physically assault others--- and calls for stiffer penalties against them---- guess what will happen? People will learn to curb their violent tendencies and resort to the police to carry out their duties of arresting physically abusive people. All the mo.Ron has to do is set up a quick task force of not more than 20 people and attach them to various police or army units all over the country. Their aim would be to catch, on camera, cops or soldiers that physically abuse citizens. They would also be assigned to nab ordinary citizens on camera ( I.e touts) assaulting each other and punish them as an example to the rest of the country with as stiff a punishment as possible as mandated by law. A couple of well publicized convictions for 'simple' assault and guess what again? The citizens will recognize that the age of beating up others and acting like animals is gone.

Now, what if this same dunderhead in charge of Nigeria goes to the National Assembly and requests a 90% slash in the salaries of him and his colleagues, what do you think will happen? So, Mr.NL billionaire my point is a President "LEADS"! That's why he's in the position he is in; to direct the traffic of how he wants his country to move. You don't have to wait for a town Mayor or council man to raise his voice, you and I know that noone will listen to him. But, of course it's in ur nature to be deceptive, so you'll try to divert attention and misdirect responsibility. You're clearly among those who do not want the country to move forward or change from the status quo thats why you always come at the rest with your idio.tic proposals, but just so you know sha, your days are numbered. Hook or crook Nigeria will change and when it starts guess where your principals will end up?

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by lagcity(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2013
Na wa o, Jonathan. Let me just keep quiet.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2013
Billyonaire: No, I am not mad. And again, you need to have attended even First Year in the University, you have committed Fallacy Ad Homonium and I fear for your sanity as a person. Learn to tackle issues and not persons, it hurts to know there are so many illiterates who just know how to type.
. Oga don't turn scientific debate into academic hooliganism. Its Fallacy of Argumentum ad hominen (attacking the person) not homonium. Attempt to tire ur shoe lace, u tire ur hand along with it. Pele

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 03, 2013
JudismphD: . Oga don't turn scientific debate into academic hooliganism. Its Fallacy of Argumentum ad hominen (attacking the person) not homonium. Attempt to tire ur shoe lace, u tie ur hand along with it. Pele
. Lmaooooo
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 03, 2013
Royal Roy:
In as much as I like ur patriotic disposition, you fail to speak the truth most times. If 100 people are saying the same thing, and you alone are the dissenting voice, don't you think you need to take a step back & take a second view? Be realistic bro.
D guy is not a coward. Or one who moves with d majority. He hasnt got d 'herd' complex.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday? by ocelot2006(m): 11:56am On Mar 03, 2013
toprod: [color=#006600][/color] . WHAT ABOUT HIS vISIT TO THE POLICE COLLEGE ?

Sometimes I wonder how folks like you reason? Do you want to compare the Police College, located in a security zone in one of Nigeria's safest states, to Borno state, a war zone rife with terror attacks and an insurgency? Please explain, 'cos I sure as hell don't understand. Do you know the amount of time taken by planners at Yellow house and Lious Edet house take to plan out the president's trips? And I haven't even added protocol office of the presidency, and the deployment of an advance security detail to that warzone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Drives A Tractor In Gombe (Photos) / Magu: Plot To Block Senate Confirmation Thickens / Security: Ekiti Govt Presents Cash Gift To Slain Soldier’s Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.