Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . (3165 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Image123: hehehe have you been able to prove that there is no God? when you die, you'll know, don't be so bothered like us na.
This is what I don't understand. Why do we have to die first? Isn't there a way for us to know while we're still alive?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
This is what I don't understand. Why do we have to die first? Isn't there a way for us to know while we're still alive?
why then would you call it faith? If everyone knew how to 'work' this faith thing, we would all go to heaven. But somehow, God in his infinite mercy made it quite difficult to differentiate faith and madness.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by delkuf(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
@rthym, i dont need to argue with u, because ur mind is blinded and make up. xtianity is not religion. those that drink yr in yr out are those that dont knw their God
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by delkuf(m): 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
@inspired, no body will die b4 knwing d truth, we knw the truth because d Spirit of God has/will reveal it to us
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
delkuf: @inspired, no body will die b4 knwing d truth, we knw the truth because d Spirit of God has/will reveal it to us
How does the Spirit of God communicate with man? Is it through human language, dreams, visions etc. I believe that the Spirit of God should be different from the human mind and should actually SPEAK to man (anything other than this is hogwash).
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
musKeeto:
why then would you call it faith? If everyone knew how to 'work' this faith thing, we would all go to heaven. But somehow, God in his infinite mercy made it quite difficult to differentiate faith and madness.
I still wonder what the point of life is if God already knows how everything will end(He knows those that have been marked for salvation and those who are headed for destruction, infact, it's all part of His plan).
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by dekung(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
delkuf: That is where u miss it. xtianity is not a religion. this way u have faith in d relatnship with ur galfrnd, that it will wrk or grow, thats dsame way we have faith in God, and His son Jesus Christ

Sorry for the mix up, let me help Mazaje rephrase the question.

Which God is the true God to have faith in?
Why do you think The Jesus' God is the true God?
Why do you think your method of establishing a relationship with a deity is the accepted one that the true God wants?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
you can know if you're inspired by God.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 8:06am On Mar 04, 2013
Image123:
you can know if you're inspired by God.

You cabn also know if you are inspired by allah or Xenu, no?. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by rhymz(m): 10:38am On Mar 04, 2013
Vedaxcool
Which Islam are you painting with so much glowing terms, is it this same one that has bred killers and terrorists with stupifying irrationality occassioned by the vague war-like commandment from MO?
How do you explain these verses:

"O believers make war on the infidels (non-Muslims) who dwell around you, let them find harshness in you”
- Quran 9:123

“When the sacred months are over, kill the unbelievers wherever you find them” – Quran 9:5

“Fight against Christians and Jews that believe neither in Allah nor in the last day…and do not embrace the true faith”
- Q 9:29

“Fighting is obligatory for you (Muslims), even if you dislike it”
- Q 2:216

“Do you think you would enter Paradise before Allah knows the men who fought hard and steadfast?”
– Q 3:142

“Believers take neither Jews nor Christians for friends or helpers”
- Q 5:51

“Let not the believers take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers.”
- Q 3:28.

“Our Prophet (Mohammed), ordered us to fight you (non-Muslims) till you worship Allah alone or pay us Jizyah (extortion) in submission…Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise…and whoever survives shall become your master”
– Sahih Bukhari 4:53:386

“Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war…” - Sahih Muslim 19:4294

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by rhymz(m): 10:46am On Mar 04, 2013
I still wonder what the point of life is if God already knows how everything will end(He knows those that have been marked for salvation and those who are headed for destruction, infact, it's all part of His plan).
Which God?? Thesame all-knowing God that is reported to have had REGRETS in the bible?
Thesame POWERFUL God that can't seem to destroy the Devil that has continued to undermine his plan and fristrate him?
Thesame perfect God whose creations and designs are full of imperfections and flaws and unimaginable evil and wickedness.
I doubt this God is as powerfull as cracked up, zeus will make him look like a weakling in a war. . .lol. .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by vedaxcool(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
rhymz: Vedaxcool
Which Islam are you painting with so much glowing terms, is it this same one that has bred killers and terrorists with stupifying irrationality occassioned by the vague war-like commandment from MO?
How do you explain these verses:

"O believers make war on the infidels (non-Muslims) who dwell around you, let them find harshness in you”
- Quran 9:123

“When the sacred months are over, kill the unbelievers wherever you find them” – Quran 9:5

“Fight against Christians and Jews that believe neither in Allah nor in the last day…and do not embrace the true faith”
- Q 9:29

“Fighting is obligatory for you (Muslims), even if you dislike it”
- Q 2:216

“Do you think you would enter Paradise before Allah knows the men who fought hard and steadfast?”
– Q 3:142

“Believers take neither Jews nor Christians for friends or helpers”
- Q 5:51

“Let not the believers take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers.”
- Q 3:28.

“Our Prophet (Mohammed), ordered us to fight you (non-Muslims) till you worship Allah alone or pay us Jizyah (extortion) in submission…Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise…and whoever survives shall become your master”
– Sahih Bukhari 4:53:386

“Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war…” - Sahih Muslim 19:4294

Open wiki, and read about cherry picking fallacy and learn more about contextual reading and how to argue rationally, a thread is opened and ask simple question on how to know the right religion, and yes I gave a list of ways to know, simple thing to do is to make a rational refutation on why the criteria given is not adequate or how the list is faulty, rather than rushing here as if you suddenly started realizing atheism is porous like Nigeria's border thereby making statement that embarrass rational discourse! I don't know how many times I am to make the same correction to you guys or whether this is the tactic of atheists when faced with ground shattering logic! Its' tiring indeed! The issue is not whether Islam is rational the question is how do I know a religion is the right path!
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by MacDaddy01: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
vedaxcool:

Open wiki, and read about cherry picking fallacy and learn more about contextual reading and how to argue rationally, a thread is opened and ask simple question on how to know the right religion, and yes I gave a list of ways to know, simple thing to do is to make a rational refutation on why the criteria given is not adequate or how the list is faulty, rather than rushing here as if you suddenly started realizing atheism is porous like Nigeria's border thereby making statement that embarrass rational discourse! I don't know how many times I am to make the same correction to you guys or whether this is the tactic of atheists when faced with ground shattering logic! Its' tiring indeed! The issue is not whether Islam is rational the question is how do I know a religion is the right path!

Islam has produced nothing but failure. That is why islamic countries are under the boot of the Western infidels
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
i just skimmed through and read that the atheism religion is as porous as the Nigerian border, now that's funny.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
mazaje:

You cabn also know if you are inspired by allah or Xenu, no?. . .
woah can you? tell me more please.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Image123: i just skimmed through and read that the atheism religion is as porous as the Nigerian border, now that's REETARDED.

smiley
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
This Vedaxcool guy just goes on endless rants each time he's been defeated in an argument, which is not uncommon. Stay off topics in which you cannot present reasonable arguments or better still, let you-know-who do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
edreesabiodun: This Vedaxcool guy just goes on endless rants each time he's been defeated in an argument, which is not uncommon. Stay off topics in which you cannot present reasonable arguments or better still, let you-know-who do it for you.

Gbam!
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Gbam!
The guy's an uneducated muslim davidylan... lol
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by cyrexx: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Nooo, you are insulting davidylan by comparing vedaxfool to him.
Apart from being uneducated and uncultured and immature, he rarely makes sense in his posts.
Personally, I get turned off any thread he appears in.
At least davidylan makes some sense with his posts.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Hhehee..

Of course, I wasn't referring to the quality of his posts, hence 'uneducated'...

No insults meant.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Perfect description. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by vedaxcool(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2013
mazaje:

Perfect description. . .
cyrexx:

Nooo, you are insulting davidylan by comparing vedaxfool to him.
Apart from being uneducated and uncultured and immature, he rarely makes sense in his posts.
Personally, I get turned off any thread he appears in.
At least davidylan makes some sense with his posts.
musKeeto:
edreesabiodun: This Vedaxcool guy just goes on endless rants each time he's been defeated in an argument, which is not uncommon. Stay off topics in which you cannot present reasonable arguments or better still, let you-know-who do it for you.
Logicboy03:

Gbam!

Hi haters;

Cry your butt hurt here

www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia

grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
vedaxcool:

Hi haters;

Cry your butt hurt here

www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia

grin grin grin

I wanna believe you are either a Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo,Niger deltan etc. Why don't you try studying more about what happened to you ancestors and let the Arabs and Jews worry about their bibles and Korans.

Those books were written for the ancient animals in the middle east,not for black people. Those books were part of the reasons a lot of your ancestors were enslaved in the first place. Your people had their own religion(if you must follow one) which i am sure you are not aware of.

Obviously you have been brainwashed(which is not your fault) and this thread was meant to help you come back to your senses and not to mock you.

If you do not add value to your culture, no one will do it for you. lost sheep!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by cyrexx: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^
1000 likes

Ifeness,

You are just toooooo good.

cool
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by tintingz(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
The Monkeyst at work grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
tintingz: The Monkeyst at work grin grin

1 billion likes grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
take no thought for your life sorry, wrong congregation folks. You need to take much thought

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by rhymz(m): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
vedaxcool:

so anyone that tries to be neutral in religiois discussion is automatically an Atheist, wow! Na wa o. Well, whether those verse were cherry picked or not, it does not remove the fact that they are actually verses in the quaran irrespective of context such destrictive commands were given. It beats my imagination how a true religion like you claimed Islam is, will give such injuctions to adherents and yet you call it true. Na wa o. . .this your allah must be some destructive god that gets his "high" from seeing destruction.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by rhymz(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
vedaxcool:

so anyone that tries to be neutral in religiois discussion is automatically an Atheist, wow! Na wa o. Well, whether those verse were cherry picked or not, it does not remove the fact that they are actually verses in the quaran irrespective of context such destrictive commands were given. It beats my imagination how a true religion like you claimed Islam is, will give such injuctions to adherents and yet you call it true. Na wa o. . .this your allah must be some destructive god that gets his "high" from seeing destruction.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by PECO4KING(m): 6:41am On Mar 06, 2013
Someone said if u are not born as a chirstain or muslim,how will u know if ur religion is right, that is a good question.There re cases where some children will be brought up as a muslim and later some children will be converted to another religion and while some will stay to their parent religion. So if u re brought up from a chirstain or muslim home that doesn't not mean u will believe in your family religion.

Let be honest and sincere,I am not condeming other religion but I am not saying this from what I hear or read. I av seen a prove that Islam is the right religion. Some year ago at Bolade Oshiodi,I saw a tree with my bear eyes, the leaves on the tree where written there is no God expect Allah in Arabic,it was shown on the news, I saw a live fish that Allah was written on it in the news, a child of 3 yrs who was precishing the words of Allah and lastly the baby who was born holding a small Quran on his hand,I did not see that live but I saw that in the news which is actual a live video. The rest I saw was not live but just a picture which anyone can draw or edit. I don't wanna use that as an excuse or point.

The idol worshiper are also far better that than other religion bcs I av seen prove they exist and if you don't believe in it. Take any of their gods and burn it. You will see the prove yourself or during their festivals try them and u will know how far.I believe is real but the holy books (bible and quran) condem it so I can't accept that has my religion.

I have the believe in the holy bible because it is writen in the holy quran that the message in the bible are from the one and only Allah.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by seguun(m): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Image123: hehehe have you been able to prove that there is no God? when you die, you'll know, don't be so bothered like us na.
MacDaddy01:

SMH
He is right...I don't know why you are shaking your head.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snares Of Satan / Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? / Who Are These Two Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.