Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . (3166 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by rhymz(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2013
PECO4KING: Someone said if u are not born as a chirstain or muslim,how will u know if ur religion is right, that is a good question.There re cases where some children will be brought up as a muslim and later some children will be converted to another religion and while some will stay to their parent religion. So if u re brought up from a chirstain or muslim home that doesn't not mean u will believe in your family religion.

Let be honest and sincere,I am not condeming other religion but I am not saying this from what I hear or read. I av seen a prove that Islam is the right religion. Some year ago at Bolade Oshiodi,I saw a tree with my bear eyes, the leaves on the tree where written there is no God expect Allah in Arabic,it was shown on the news, I saw a live fish that Allah was written on it in the news, a child of 3 yrs who was precishing the words of Allah and lastly the baby who was born holding a small Quran on his hand,I did not see that live but I saw that in the news which is actual a live video. The rest I saw was not live but just a picture which anyone can draw or edit. I don't wanna use that as an excuse or point.

The idol worshiper are also far better that than other religion bcs I av seen prove they exist and if you don't believe in it. Take any of their gods and burn it. You will see the prove yourself or during their festivals try them and u will know how far.I believe is real but the holy books (bible and quran) condem it so I can't accept that has my religion.

I have the believe in the holy bible because it is writen in the holy quran that the message in the bible are from the one and only Allah.

This is the height of ignorance and stupifying superstition. All you have as proof to the truthfulness of Allah are ridiculous claims of Allah written on a fish, Leave, a baby carrying the Koran and a kid reciting it. Wow!

Education and exposure seem to be alien to your concept of religious philosophy. By the way, I have assorted drugs that can make you see Jesus tattoo on a woman's butt and mohammed smoking a joint in a heavenly joint. You want some Trust me, it will make you a believer. . Lol. .

By the way, majority of people born into a religion stay put in their default religious beliefs only few go on to another religion while many avoid religion all together after stumbling on some very evident facts that can't be reconciled with the realities of their religious beliefs. For instance, if I were born a muslim in a place like SW nigeria, I surely wont remain a muslim long after reading those vague violent koranic verses whose ideology the Wahabbi Salafis in Saudi Arabia are using to maim, kill, oppress women and control people, thesame ideology extremist sect like the Alqaeda and BokoHaram have used to justify their act of terrorism against hapless people.

I believe common sense will tell me this whole religious BS is man's creation from the set go.
Since I decided to give religion a rest and just be a good person and live with my imperfections without feelings of any guilt or misplaced sense of approbation towards any unseen deity, I have been able to live my life happily, in control of it, more honest to my cause, open-minded and above all very understanding of people's genuine plight. Most of these feelings and consideration religion blocks you from having. Only religion will ask you to kill another man and you will do it without flinching cos you have the false impression that you are justified. Again, religion is a curse, christianity and islam are white and yellow man's curse to the black man.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
someone remind us of the shameful end of popular atheists, it's been awhile i saw that. logicb can you help out?
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Image123: someone remind us of the shameful end of popular atheists, it's been awhile i saw that. logicb can you help out?

I think I will start paying tithes when you start to make reasonable posts.

Somehow I feel that it wont happen soon

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Me I go donate to charity...
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
musKeeto:
Me I go donate to charity...

lmao!
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao!
let's hope he starts doing so soon.. got to save those poor kids... grin

Note that this is what most have been turned to: trolls..

The increase in 'atheists are immoral' threads, that Anony fail thread earlier this morning on Dawkins, the atheist creed amongst others.... lol...
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
musKeeto:
let's hope he starts doing so soon.. got to save those poor kids... grin

Note that this is what most have been turned to: trolls..

The increase in 'atheists are immoral' threads, that Anony fail thread earlier this morning on Dawkins, the atheist creed amongst others.... lol...

What? I have only seen the Atheist creed.

Where is the Dawkins fail thread abeg , I must laugh! wink
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Image123(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

i asked if you could help out. The sane thing to say is yes/no but you went for the other option closer to your heart. What has paying tithes got to do with anything, and why does your life depend on my actions? Let your life depend on God, not me.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 10:26am On May 31, 2013
musKeeto: Lol...

Even among themselves, most can't come up with a proper definition of their God. I predict this thread won't get beyond the second page, except a fellow, his asslicker and their band of merry strawmen decide to input.

Like I rightly predicted.. Nominating this for front page sha..
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2013
i went through this topic again and couldn't for the life of me understand what vexdafool was on about. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 31, 2013
mazaje: i went through this topic again and couldn't for the life of me understand what vexdafool was on about. . .

Like you read my mind! I just went through the thread as well....the guy seems to be ranting from some butthurt from some other thread
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

Like you read my mind! I just went through the thread as well....the guy seems to be ranting from some butthurt from some other thread

I was suprised i didnt respond to the puerile nonsense he was spewing. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 31, 2013
So far we have been arguing endlessly about god, religion and traditions for many years here. ..
Stop wasting your bandwidth then and watch some apes at least you would understand the miss.ing li.nk. I read one post that monkeys at work!
Let me assume that there is a godfor the sake of this thread. I read amaterial on line and decided to use some of it here to form the basis of this topic . .
continue in your non belief in no God and allow us to be 'deluded' @least it makes more spiritual sense than been caged, if you know what i mean.
How exactly can one know that his god and hisreligion are the true ones?. . .
just by faith
Whatspecific evidence is there to provide that your own god is the true god and your religious faith the right one compared to all the thousands of gods and religions out there?. . .
by faith na
How exactly can you determine that your choice was correct, and all the other variants wrong?
by faith of course!
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6).
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (John 20:29).
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 7:27am On Jun 01, 2013
^^

Weldone Mr faith. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje: ^^

Weldone Mr faith. . .

Even the bible says it all- with faith, anything is possible......even knowing unknowable things.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje: ^^

Weldone Mr faith. . .
you now know ko? So stop wasting your bandwidth, in short from today, hibernate like a bear from your ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2013
hisblud: you now know ko? So stop wasting your bandwidth, in short from today, hibernate like a bear from your ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

In one sentence you claim faith, in the other you talk about truth. . .Truth does NOT require faith. . .You have no truth and you know no truth, you only have faith. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by truthislight: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2013
vedaxcool: @maezaje

I ask you why did you start the thread? You don't know do you?, oh wait, to mock religion right? Ok have a nice time doing it, but when next you decide doing it, you should stop being like akpos rather be like a man that knows what he is doing, as I understand the aim is to ask how determine a right religion, I gave you a list of ways of verifying such,

As expected, unquatifiable level of sordid intelligence somehow managed to overshadow any semblance of sensible thinking in your post,

I ask you why did you start the thread? You don't know do you?, oh wait, to mock religion right?

As I understand the aim is to ask how to determine the right religion,

I gave you a list of ways of verifying such, rather than you refute this ways you rush in your usual simpleton complex.

clearly u don't even know why you started this thread.

Even logicboy response made more sense than your ill thought response,
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

In one sentence you claim faith, in the other you talk about truth. . .Truth does NOT require faith. . .You have no truth and you know no truth, you only have faith. . .
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believethat he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligentlyseek him. (Hebrews 11:6).

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thouhast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet havebelieved. (John 20:29).
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Emusan(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

Actually from every religion physical perspextive no one can conclude the true religion because individual religion have difference genesis and difference spiritual support.

The Bible says in the book of James 1:26-27 "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridieth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27-Pure religion and undefiled before God and the father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". What does this mean? It means religion isn't bad at all (God knows about religion but all religions are base on laws which God knows that ordinary law can't save us any more), that's why Jesus could say "Matt 10:41-He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receive a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward".

Now the question to ask ourself is, what is the purpose and promises of those who started each religion?

Though He(Jesus) was in a man's nature throughout his life, we can say He's a prophet which makes christianity a religion. Like someone has said in the begin "if you say christianity is not a religion, you're right and if you say it's a religion that is for you"

The purposes and promises of Christ in the world can be summarize as:
1. To let the whole world to know there's only one true God who created Heavens and Earth.
2. To project every man's heart to know this true God.
3. To reconcile every human being back to God..by cruxifiction (Heb 9:22 "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission"wink
4. To make us Holy as they are in heaven...through His blood ("Heb 9:23-It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heaven should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these"wink
5. To make us have victory over sin and death.
6. He gave us the right way to reach heaven. ("John 14:6-Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me"wink
7. He promises us the Holy Ghost.
NOTE: point 1 & 2 can also be found in some religion but no religion have ever met the standard of 3-7.

For instance, Jesus claim He is a son of God. 'Let's assume that He's lying in all His words'. But before He died He promised all His follower something. "John 14:26-But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

A true Christian will feel and testify to the existence of God, that Jesus is alive and knows heaven and hell is true through the help of the Holy Ghost.
*I'm not talking about fake Christians*
Any Christian that has not been baptized with Holy Ghost isn't yet a Christian. This promise can be comfirm whether it's true or not.

NOTE: baptism of the Holy Ghost doesn't mean pastor must lay his hand upon you before it will happen. It will simply happen when you follow what Jesus said in "Rev 3:20-Behold, I stand at the door(heart), and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door(heart), I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." this is also another promise that can be comfirm.
Though I never read q'uran from front to back likewise others religions book but with the help of Holy Ghost I know that God exist, Jesus died and resurrected and Jesus is still alive.

I beleive you can catch something.

This is the only spiritual evidence to know that God exist, others religion can't claim this.

But I will just say let everyone hold on to what they belief but Jesus said in "Matt 24:14-And the gospel of the kingdom(truth) shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then the end will come"

God help us!
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
@mazaje, the 2 verses are good for truth and faith.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
hisblud: @mazaje, the 2 verses are good for truth and faith.

They are ONLY good for faith, they have nothing to do with any truth. . .This is no different from me quoting passages from the koran or the Hindu verders and telling you that the passages are good for faith and truth. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

They are ONLY good for faith, they have nothing to do with any truth. . .This is no different from me quoting passages from the koran or the Hindu verders and telling you that the passages are good for faith and truth. . .
you are welcome. Give me two verses each about faith and truth about god in the above religious belief.
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by vedaxcool(m): 12:32am On Jun 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

When you are able to think properly and draw appropriate conclusions let me know, as oludumare suddenly became Yaweh of jews and Allah of the arabs how? Go think, chineke became what again yaweh/jehovah of Jews . . . As expected u don't even know why you opened this thread except to delude yourself that your poor definition of intelligence is what keeps you being an atheist!

As expected, unquatifiable level of sordid intelligence somehow managed to overshadow any semblance of coherent and sensible thinking in your post, I ask you why did you start the thread? You don't know do you?, oh wait, to mock religion right? Ok have a nice time doing it, but when next you decide doing it, you should stop being like akpos rather be like a man that knows what he is doing, as I understand the aim is to ask how determine a right religion, I gave you a list of ways of verifying such, rather than you refute this ways you rush in your usual simpleton complex, I am sorry to say, and begin shouting Iran and Saudi Arabia, indicating clearly u don't even know why you started this thread, that in itself is a pity and shows how worshiping your ego seems to be the only proof against god! Even logicboy response made more sense than your ill thought response, I only refuse answering his post since he has shown inability to understand what he is responding to!

good times . . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 9:00am On Jun 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

When you are able to think properly and draw appropriate conclusions let me know, as oludumare suddenly became Yaweh of jews and Allah of the arabs how? Go think, chineke became what again yaweh/jehovah of Jews . . . As expected u don't even know why you opened this thread except to delude yourself that your poor definition of intelligence is what keeps you being an atheist!

Who is talking about?. . .You followed the LIE written in the Koran that people irrespective of time could have easily practice the religion of islam and its message that says there is no diety worthy of worship except Allah. This is demonstrably false because, throughtout history, most people were poly theist. . .You also lied that Allah guided mankind at different age with the same message, worship the one true God and obey his commandment, the Koran tells you that every nation was guided by god, and he sent messengers to every nation on earth. This is also demonstrably false. . .Give me the name of the prophets allah sent to india, greece, ancient rome and to the mayans. . .We have over 5000 years of religious history from these group of people i mentioned and allah doe not appear any where in their religious history, most all of them were poly theist until they meet the christians and converted to christianity. . .Your statement and the one written in the koran remains a lie. . .

As expected, unquatifiable level of sordid intelligence somehow managed to overshadow any semblance of coherent and sensible thinking in your post, I ask you why did you start the thread? You don't know do you?, oh wait, to mock religion right? Ok have a nice time doing it, but when next you decide doing it, you should stop being like akpos rather be like a man that knows what he is doing, as I understand the aim is to ask how determine a right religion, I gave you a list of ways of verifying such, rather than you refute this ways you rush in your usual simpleton complex, I am sorry to say, and begin shouting Iran and Saudi Arabia, indicating clearly u don't even know why you started this thread, that in itself is a pity and shows how worshiping your ego seems to be the only proof against god! Even logicboy response made more sense than your ill thought response, I only refuse answering his post since he has shown inability to understand what he is responding to!

You didn't show me anything, you just lied. . .You lied that islam is true because allah sent messages to people all over the world at different times telling them they should worship only him bla bla bla. . .Who did Allah send to the ancient Indians for example?. . .Name one prophet that was sent to them. . .We have their uninterupted religious record and history for thousands of years. . .Their hindu gods and goddesses is what they have been worshiping through out. . .Allah appears no where in their history. . .try another lie. .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2013
hisblud: you are welcome. Give me two verses each about faith and truth about god in the above religious belief.
mazaje how does other religion in their books show how one can know god?
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by mazaje(m): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2013
hisblud: mazaje how does other religion in their books show how one can know god?

Go read up the books. . .Why are you asking me?. . .
Re: How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
mazaje:

Go read up the books. . .Why are you asking me?. . .
you were brought up in islam, so atleast you could help. There is so much i need to know and attain in Christ to give time to knowing any other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Allah And God, Are They The Same Person? / What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? / I Would Have Averted Mills’ Death If … — T.B. Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.