Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow (15143 Views)

Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by gen2briz(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam: This is a rape on democracy and a slap on the face of the british parliament,how can the founder of boko haram address them on democratic issues,a man who toppled a democratic government,a brutal and serial loser,this is a shame to the sacred institution of democracy. Shame on the organisers and shame to the british parliament.

For your mind abi
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by maclatunji: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Boko haram stay tuned.

Na today, Metropolitan Police will definitely search dat suspected Bokoharam leader. undecided
See as you are forming awareness and relevance whilst lampooning yourself.
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by BlueMurder(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2013
taharqa: Some of you are just realli sillly, LOL.. How does Gen Buhari lecture in a Conference organisd by BEN TV (a 'Nigerian' TV Station) in d British Paliament building (He is not even addressing d British Paliament itself) mean that anybody is losing relevance? You guys tink any person care bout dis? This is d 4th in d Series, 3 oda persons hv addressd d Conference previously, so what's realli d Bigi now? Its just a normal Conference, joor. You guys are unknowingly mking it look like the General NEEDS dis realli bad in order to polish his International and Democratic credentials- two areas that are not sm of his strongest points..... Safe journey, General

And you had to insult him in order to make your point, right?
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Demdem(m): 9:28am On Mar 04, 2013
Excellent development. Fools simply can't believe it. grin grin
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by cdoffx(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
Was about asking what does he know about democracy...but lets wait and hear wetn he go talk there
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Goddex: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
That Chimpanzee voice.
He shouldn't go there to disgrace Naija oh
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by abbeybanks(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
....And also to give white-paper on how they are planning enthronement come 2015. Northern point of view though, watch out for other zone' view.... something is going down the drain cheesy abortion of seventy year rule. smh
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Series22(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2013
lacasa: Sai Buhari!

APC 2 PDP 0
shebi by 2015 d british MPs go vote, because d last time i checked, wesminster no b polling centre.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Musiwa17: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2013
Sponsor of Boko haram.. It is because the Nigeria army is different..

And the country is going down.. southerners are not going to take orders from northerners and northerners are not going to take others from south.

There is noway.. A northerner will claim he won 2015 that the south will agree.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-6rP50N0pzjs/UK4N9VpziNI/AAAAAAAAIJ0/jipyuAlONFQ/s320/The-NewsPM-News-office-in-Ogba-Lagos-on-fire-...-on-Wednesday..jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Ae_tN_JoW1E/TWeg8lr8-zI/AAAAAAAAApQ/g_gNUFk5I3M/s1600/KASH-11.jpeg[/img]
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by goodgood2(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2013
lacasa: Sai Buhari!

APC 2 PDP 0
lacasa supports evil, especially the ones that come from ayatollah buh..i
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by taharqa: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2013
BlueMurder:

And you had to insult him in order to make your point, right?
Insult who? Did you see any insult on dat comment? Or were u tinking of responding to anoda comment whilst mistakedly quoting mine? I respect Gen Buhari, particularly for some of his strengths (he has weaknesses of course). I supportd him in d last elections. Plus, I hv never insultd him Or any oda leada i hv disagreed with here or any where else. I don't do that cos I don't Hate any person; only u guys insult the President cos of HATE and Power Lust. I only insult the Resident IJIOTS on NL, and I do so at times cos well they are IJIOTS, who need to be reminded of dat often... Abeg, put me down
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Ozonna(m): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2013
bappahman: Former head of state and leader of the Congress Progressive Change Muhammad Buhari will deliver a keynote lecture on Nigeria’s democracy and economic development at the Houses of Parliament, Westminster, United Kingdom tomorrow, March 5.
The lecture, organized by BEN Television in collaboration with the office of Labour MP, Diane Abbot, under the aegis of British African Diaspora Conference is the fourth in the series of lectures on Nigeria by BEN TV.
Other personalities scheduled to speak at the conference include Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, Olajumoke Adenowo of AD Consulting Ltd, and Alistair Soyode, Chairman and founder of BEN Television .
The theme of the conference is Nigeria: Stable Democracy and Economic Development, with sub-themes on Nigeria’s political and administrative structure, INEC and credible elections, and how to tackle corruption in the country, among others.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/51709-buhari-addresses-british-parliament-tomorrow

Guys how come BEN Tv guys didn't invite a top INEC or Govt official What on earth will Ϯh℮ Comp Gen of Customs say about Economic development and Democracy? The Custom man will go there and talk about how the revenue of customs increased and how smuggling was reduced under his watchful eyes

If BEN tv aren't trying to be mischievious, why didn't they invite NOI,ShAmsudeen Usman or Aganga to talk about our Economy and Jega or any INEC official to talk about elections in addition to Gen Buhari?

I guess opposition just wants to use this to score political points
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by EPOMA(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2013
Toaskarity: Was buhari ever a democractic president? all this while I thought he ruled nigeria during military rule .

When IBB visited the queen , was he a democractic president.
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Dibiachukwu: 9:51am On Mar 04, 2013
Are you people suprised? Britain is a major sponsor of boko haram. They have just called their friend to brief them on there terror campaign. Britain is a very mischievious country, that think they are entitled to theirs and yours too. Can any body tell us why britain has left all their numerous problems, and now want to know about ours. What is our relationship with britain? How many times has china called us for briefing on election in Nigeria? What about india? russia? ghana? cameroon? It is high time these british clowns know that they are just another piece of shit country, that nobody gives a Zap about. I am tired of their constant meddling. This is not funny anymore. britain, mind your piggy freaking business,you gaddamn slugs angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Willy7(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2013
Some people can be very funny and irredeemably daft at the same time,honestly.Aint u pple tired of this senseless and childish propaganda against Buhari?Since pdp started her propaganda of Buhari involvement with boko haram,Nigeria and d rest of d world is yet to see even a cpc member affliliated with d group,how much more Buhari.I think d scales are begining to fall off pples eyes and even d international community is very much aware that d whole Buhari affiliation with boko haram is just some childish propaganda,hence the invitation.Im not and never a fan of Buhari and doesnt even want him as president,but that notwithstanding the man is 1 billion percent better than GEJ.GEJ and his pdp cohorts know about boko haram,they re in bed with them,so u pple shuld leave Buhari out of it.Afterall the october 1st 2010 bombing that was masterminded by GEJ is still fresh in some sane minds,yet Buhari is being taunted everyday as a terrorist without any proof.If Buhari is sponsoring or involved in terrorism and the govt is powerless to even invite him for questioning,what does that say about d govt and GEJ?Seriously all this GEJ bottom lickers that are always quick to link Buhari to boko haram should be ashamed of themselves as supporters of a weak president who cant confront a suppose terrorist.Buhari's integrity is giving GEJ and pdp sleepless nights,and instead of them to focus on service delivery to the masses,they re busy playing fresh fish and kai kai politics.GEJ and his band of dimwits are only making Buhari popular and endearing him to d hearts of sane minds.This recent invitation is a proof.I wont be suprised if this same useless govt make a colosal political mistake that will see to Buhari's ascension to that sit of presidency due to their cluelessness and ineptitude.Pdp should focus and leave Buhari alone.Pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp.(Late.Gen.A.A Azazi. Former NSA to GEJ)

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by ozodimgba(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2013
SMH square hole in a round peg, Nigeria`s greatest problem.
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by ckkris: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Ngwakwe: A Coup plotter who truncated a civilian rule with the barrel of the guns addressing civil right movements and some members of British parliament on democracy in Nigeria.
What a pity?

Is there no other worthy APC politician without blood in his hands that can do this laudable presentation.

No problem. They know the prospect of Biafra is far brighter in 2014 than in 1967. Neither the South-south, nor the Middle-belt will again ally with the Core North.
Those planning the break-up of Nigeria know what they're doing, and both the Core North and their allies in the South-west(50%}, presume that intimidation might help deceive anyone, which is not working. All they want is political power by which they can continue to loot the economy without a trace of development. They also know, very well, that anything against President Jonathan is strengthening the rise of Biafra.
Jonathan wins 2015, or there will be hell, real hell, not militancy, in the Niger Delta. And the Americans are preparing for whatever becomes the outcome.
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by seguno2: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Good opportunity here for the General, and while trying to showcase his new found status as a democrat, I hope he also include what necessitated the truncation of a democratically elected regime in the second republic...

And why he locked up in jail the VP Alex Ekweme while keeping President Shehu Shagari, his fellow Fulani immigrant under house arrest.
Did he not also lock up in jail all the southern governors while keeping the northern ones in comfortable places? It seems Prof. Ambrose Alli, the UPN action governor for old Bendel state died shortly after his release from Buhari's jail.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by mikolo80: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2013
NA WA O. I UNDERSTAND THERE SHUD BE FREEDOM OF SPEECH BUT WHY DO SOME PPL OPEN THEIR GUTTER ANYHOW WITHOUT FACTS.BUHARI DID NOT PLAN A COUP. HE WAS INSTALLED BY JUNIOR OFFICERS WHO BELEIVED HE WAS THE MOST HONEST AMONG THE MOST SENIOR OFFICERS AT THE TIME. 2. COS PPL YOU THINK OF AS ILLITERATE DEFENDED THEIR VOTES YOU THINK UR BETTER THAN THEM COS YOU WERE PRIVILEGED TO ATTEND UNIVERSITY,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE CORPERS WERE NOT RIGGING THE ELECTION AND PAID WITH THEIR LIVES.I WAS A COPPER THEN AND WE KNOW WHAT SOME OTHER HUNGRY CORPERS WERE DOIN TO MAKE QUICK CASH NO BOTHERING ABOUT SELLING OUR COLLECTIVE BIRTHRIGHT FOR A MESS OF GARRI NOT EVEN POTTAGE. BESIDES WHO ELSE CAN YOU MENTION AT THIS MATERIAL TIME THAT CAN CLEAN THE AUGEAN STABLE. WE NEED A HARD STRONG MAN AT THIS MATERIAL TIME TO PAVE THE WAY FOR A NEW CROP OF HONEST LEADERS
. MY 3CENTS

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Yeeyo: 10:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Funny general iz back again wit hiz childish tori
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by basadenet: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Would that give him victory at the next Election? Capital NO...........
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 04, 2013
*DANCING ANTENNA RMX FT WYCLEF* BUHARI is d king of d YANSH nation..... GEJ all d way
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Dukechimi: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2013
The Youths are the future of 2morow they said,... But this old men keep sprouting their heads.
Oga, Boko Buhari. Go rest Biko!
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Worldlife: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2013
Duke-chimi:
The Youths are the future of 2morow they said,... But this old men keep sprouting their heads.
Oga, Boko Buhari. Go rest Biko!
i with rather seen d old generation rule than dis kollomental youth generation we have, cant u see d so called future leader's behave in nairaland without any sense

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Godmann(m): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2013
Can someone post his speech for us to read and understand more of his thoughts. That is what matters; and what we should concentrate on.
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by HAH: 11:18am On Mar 04, 2013
slimfit7: all i knw pdp can never b a defeated incumbent

In other words they will rule forever ?

You will be shocked buddy
Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by ckkris: 11:47am On Mar 04, 2013
President Jonathan will win 2015 election. No intimidation will take any vote away from SE, SS, Roaches Okorocha can't even rig his Orlu zone, and no dead Middle-belt native will vote for their Hausa-Fulani oppressors. Get it? These people are very angry. And the SW is 50-50. Its simple Arithmetic, not even Maths. You can tell how it'll go in the NW and NE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by RealMccoy2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
ckkris: President Jonathan will win 2015 election. No intimidation will take any vote away from SE, SS, Roaches Okorocha can't even rig his Orlu zone, and no dead Middle-belt native will vote for their Hausa-Fulani oppressors. Get it? These people are very angry. And the SW is 50-50. Its simple Arithmetic, not even Maths. You can tell how it'll go in the NW and NE.
PDP is the most organized political party in Nigeria,Tinubu will do what he knows how to do best,the night before the election....Brown envelop speaks a different language.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by RealMccoy2(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem: Excellent development. Fools simply can't believe it. grin grin
Buhari saw nothing wrong in Abacha during his reign. Abacha Imprisoned Abiola over june 12 election protest. Abiola will turn in his grave when he hears NADECO chieftains like Tinubu are playing second fiddle to those that tormented him and his people. Politics is a game of chess,think before limping if not you and your leaders will cry marginalization again from 2015 to 2019. Middle Belt,South East,South South and Christians in South West will not vote for a man,Islamic Fanatics sees as their messiah.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by madanne4real: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
bappahman: Former head of state and leader of the Congress Progressive Change Muhammad Buhari will deliver a keynote lecture on Nigeria’s democracy and economic development at the Houses of Parliament, Westminster, United Kingdom tomorrow, March 5.
The lecture, organized by BEN Television in collaboration with the office of Labour MP, Diane Abbot, under the aegis of British African Diaspora Conference is the fourth in the series of lectures on Nigeria by BEN TV.
Other personalities scheduled to speak at the conference include Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, Olajumoke Adenowo of AD Consulting Ltd, and Alistair Soyode, Chairman and founder of BEN Television .
The theme of the conference is Nigeria: Stable Democracy and Economic Development, with sub-themes on Nigeria’s political and administrative structure, INEC and credible elections, and how to tackle corruption in the country, among others.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/51709-buhari-addresses-british-parliament-tomorrow

Misleading news item. Which Houses of Parliament? That platform is not for everyone, not even the General. The address would be delivered in one of the Halls in the house. It is a no news item in the media here in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
Buhari is yet to explain why he overthrew a Democratic Government of Shagari and plunge this country to needless pains. The British amalgamated this country and handed over power to the North, not because they were mode educated, far from it, the West was more educated, but they needed to handover powers to loyalist illiterates and their formula worked. Nigeria has been bastardized by Oil companies and they are looking ahead and seeing that The Present Government will not renew those OPL that keeps them as our parasite. Buhari doesnt need to brush up his accents in an attempt to make his speech understandable, no need, cos what the British simply want is another illiterate who will assume power and renew Oil Licenses. I know many of you will say the topic of the talk is far from what I am saying but I look at the bigger picture. It is time we resist any attempt by the Colonialist Powers that have r/a/p/e/d and bastardized the middle East to come to Nigeria, we are smarter than our founding fathers, we will welcome more of China than the West. They provide guns to rebels and also to respective governments to fight each other while they mine your fields. Anyway, Musiwa, I am enjoying your maps.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses British Parliament Tomorrow by RealMccoy2(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Buhari is yet to explain why he overthrew a Democratic Government of Shagari and plunge this country to needless pains. The British amalgamated this country and handed over power to the North, not because they were mode educated, far from it, the West was more educated, but they needed to handover powers to loyalist illiterates and their formula worked. Nigeria has been bastardized by Oil companies and they are looking ahead and seeing that The Present Government will not renew those OPL that keeps them as our parasite. Buhari doesnt need to brush up his accents in an attempt to make his speech understandable, no need, cos what the British simply want is another illiterate who will assume power and renew Oil Licenses. I know many of you will say the topic of the talk is far from what I am saying but I look at the bigger picture. It is time we resist any attempt by the Colonialist Powers that have r/a/p/e/d and bastardized the middle East to come to Nigeria, we are smarter than our founding fathers, we will welcome more of China than the West. They provide guns to rebels and also to respective governments to fight each other while they mine your fields. Anyway, Musiwa, I am enjoying your maps.
I agree with you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki And Ekweremadu’s Marriage Of Convenience Might Not Last – Sen Sodangi / 26,000 APC Members In Edo Decamp To PDP / 2018 World Cup: Buhari Appoints Ambode Into FG Delegation To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.