Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion (8797 Views)

Northern Group Wants Obasanjo To Debate With Al – Mustapha / FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion / Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by dady12: 8:12am On Mar 05, 2013
which party did obj belong to?pdp are chasing him cpc now apc are calling for him to be arraign,it is very clear that if obj did not support GEJ second tenure ,i smell sometime bad for him.but whelther they arraign obj or not,my major concern is who is going to move nigeria forward in the nxt general election ,because we need to get rid of this clueless, gangsters and pocket politicians
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 05, 2013
Instead of people responding objectively to issues on this forum like educated people they claim to be, they resort to trivial tribal issues and name-calling.Is that how we intend to build a great nation. Assuming Jonthan relinquishes power today and another person, say Buhari takes over, do u think these our attitudes will change overnight? We should be thinking like intelligent people and know when our corrupt leaders past and present are using divide and rule tactics to manipulate us. Think, act and speak like the person u pretend to be in real life.

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Fantacy1(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2013
We ar talking about issues affecting d Nation hia and some idoits ve resulted in a tribal barsh.
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 05, 2013
dayokanu: Now over to you PDP and Retardeen.

Rotimi Fashakin a Yorubaman wants OBj to be tried for genocide,

Lets see those who claim Yorubas dont criticize OBJ.
YOU HAVE COME AGAIN...IT SAID SPOKES PERSON..HE DID'NT ORCHESTRATE IT.GET THAT CLEAR...EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED DURING THIRD TERM,THE HAUSAS WERE DICTATING THE TUNES FROM THE BACKGROUND AND AS USUAL THE ONES WHO ARE SO GOOD IN SELLING OUT WERE THE ONES BARKING...(HOWEVER THIS EXCLUDES GENUINE CRITICISMS FROM RESPECTED EMINENCE LIKE GANI,FALANA,BEKO,FELA,SOYINKA) ONCE HEARD A YORUBA FELLA SAYING, "AWA YORUBA,OMO ALE LA'WA!" HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD A NORTHERNER POINTING ACCUSING FINGERS AT OR CALLING FOR THE PROSECUTION OF THE LIKES OF PAST NORTHERN LEADERS WHO HAVE BEING MILKING THIS NATION OR INCITING RELIGIOUS AND ETHNIC VIOLENCE?! DAMN. THE GAME PLAN IS FOR THE NORTH TO GET OBJ ANYWAY ANYHOW OUTTA THE SCENE AGAINST 2015...
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2013
Cpc wants to use dis case to gain votes from the SS. If not, there are many more things to arraign OBJ for. Odi killings is just No. 23.
Infact, all dese players in politics need to be gathered in a gas chamber
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by romanlaw(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2013
dayokanu: Now over to you PDP and Retardeen.

Rotimi Fashakin a Yorubaman wants OBj to be tried for genocide,

Lets see those who claim Yorubas dont criticize OBJ.

A YORUBAMAN CANNEVER DO SUCH THING WITHOUT A GAIN. I FEEL BUHARI AND CPC HAS JUST USED FASHAKIN POLITICALLY (AS THE OYIBOS USED AWOLOWO) TO DRIVE HOME A MESSAGE THAT YORUBA'S ARE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN CPC.
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by kasiem(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Cpc and their penchant for crime. Apparently, they want the precedence that'll be gotten from this case to serve as as locus classicus for challenging gej's activities in maiduguri.
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by blackbeau1(f): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
And I want a brand new lamborghini but you don't get everything you want.simple

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Cornel88(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Obasanjo say obasanjo no say, achibe say achibe no say, igbo say igbo no say, yoruba say, yoruba no talk say... You guys should look at the topic again abeg. Boring...
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by ayobase(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
tarryT: Very foolish post.. What bold step are u talkin about? That was gross stupidity and cowardise.. You are a bastard for calling the good people of Odi..fanatics... Did his action stoped the crises or killed the criminals? NO.. Dont provoke me this mrnin..this is the 1st time these CPC Retardeen squad is makin sence..

From where to where?
What's the bastard for....that you couldn't read and understand between the lines aight?

Pls, the name is Ayobase, be courteous and civil next time u wanna opine by quoting me!

Pls!
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by ayobase(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
gboss4sure:

Really? Can you please tell me how the invasion of odi helped our country? Did it stop militancy or terrorsim?. Obasanjo made himself more enemys that are still in the making or do you think that the people that survived will just take it like that, they will sow the hatred in their children and one day they will rise and start retaliations but then we would be wondering what these terrorist/militants are fighting for.

Left for me, its either one hates Obasanjo and one wants him crucufied or one wanna be a good judge about this!

I'm very sure we would have supported if ALUU was acted upon as supposed!

Culled from http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/20/media-chat-you-are-wrong-about-odi-obasanjo-tells-jonathan/

“Five policemen and four soldiers were killed by a group of Niger Delta militants when they tried to enter the town of Odi in Bayelsa State in order to effect their arrest. This happened in 1999. After the brutal killing of these security personnel, President Olusegun Obasanjo asked the then Governor of Bayelsa State, Governor Alamieyeseigha, to identify, locate, apprehend and hand over the perpetrators of that crime.

“The Governor said that he was unable to do so and President Obasanjo, as the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, took the position that security personnel could not be killed with impunity under his watch without a strong and appropriate response from the Federal Government. Consequently he sent the military in, to uproot and kill the terrorists and to destroy their operational base which was the town of Odi. The operation was carried out with military precision and efficiency and it’s objectives were fully achieved. The terrorists were either killed and those that were not killed fled their operational base in Odi. They were uprooted, weakened, demoralised and completely dispersed. That was the purpose of the whole exercise and that purpose was achieved. The truth is that the killing of security agents and soldiers with impunity by the Niger Delta militants virtually stopped after the operation in Odi and remained at a bare minimum right up until the time that President Obasanjo left power eight years later in 2007. I advise those that doubt this to go and check the records.

“The same thing was done in Zaki-Biam in Benue State in the North-central zone of Nigeria in 2001 after 19 soldiers were murdered in cold blood and then brutally beheaded by some terrorists from that area. Again after the Federal Government’s strong military response in Zaki Biam, the killing of security personnel with impunity stopped. The objectives of the military operations in both Odi and Zaki-Biam were to stop such killings, to eliminate and deal a fatal blow to those that perpetrated them and to discourage those that may seek to carry out such barbarous butchery and mindless violence in the future.

“Those were the objectives and nothing more and clearly those objectives were achieved. There is no doubt that after Odi, there were still unrest, agitations, protests, kidnappings and the blowing up and sabotage of oil pipelines in the Niger Delta area but there were hardly any more attacks on or killing of soldiers and security personnel by the terrorists and militants because they knew that to do that would attract a swift and forceful reaction and terrible retribution from the Nigerian military.
Invasions objective achieved

“To stop and deter those attacks and killings was the objective of President Obasanjo and that objective was achieved. President Goodluck Jonathan was therefore in error when he said that Odi did not solve the problem of killings in the Niger Delta area by the Niger Delta militants. Not only did it stop the killings but it is also an eloquent testimony of how to deal with terrorists, how to handle those that kill our security personnel with impunity and how to deter militants from killing members of our civilian population and thinking that they can get away with it. If President Obasanjo had not taken that strong action at that time, many more of our civilian population and security personnel would have been killed by the Niger Delta militants between 1999 and 2007.

“By doing what he did at Odi and Zaki-Biam, President Obasanjo saved the lives of many and put a stop to the killings and terrorism that had taken root in the Niger Delta area prior to that time.”

The former Aviation minister also said Mr Obasanjo’s comments last week on how to solve the Boko Haram problem were misconstrued and misrepresented in certain quarters.

“He never said that the Odi treatment should be applied to Boko Haram or that such action is appropriate in these circumstances. What he said was that a solution ought to have been found or some sort of action ought to have been taken sooner rather than allow the problem to fester over time like a bad wound and get worse.

“There can be no doubt that he was right on this because, according to President Jonathan’s own Chief of Army Staff, no less than 3000 people have been killed by Boko Haram in the last two years alone. That figure represents approximately the same number of people that were killed by the IRA in Northern Ireland and the British mainland in the 100 years that the war between them and British lasted and before peace was achieved between the two sides.

“The same number of casualties that the IRA inflicted on the people of the United Kingdom in 100 years, is the same number of casualties that Boko Haram have managed to inflict on our people in just two. This is unacceptable and it is very disturbing. The Federal Government must cultivate the courage and the political will to stop the killings by Boko Haram and to find a permanent solution to the problem.”

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
@Ayobase
I understand your point, as a Yoruba man I really really dislike that man called OBJ because his reign never do anything good for our race, also he make sure that he destroyed the legacy of great Yoruba leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo by supporting thuggery and violence just to win elections.
However, without allowing this prejudice to judge my sense of reasoning on this matter I believe the act of sending soldiers to kill everything that moves (including women and children) in the name of fishing out terrorist is not only barbaric, it is also a crime against humanity. So I don't care if they drag him to ICC if it's been established that he has a case to answer.
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by ZE: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
inufele2: @Ayobase
I understand your point, as a Yoruba man I really really dislike that man called OBJ because his reign never do anything good for our race, also he make sure that he destroyed the legacy of great Yoruba leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo by supporting thuggery and violence just to win elections.
However, without allowing this prejudice to judge my sense of reasoning on this matter I believe the act of sending soldiers to kill everything that moves (including women and children) in the name of fishing out terrorist is not only barbaric, it is also a crime against humanity. So I don't care if they drag him to ICC if it's been established that he has a case to answer.

In the same manner that fo-ol called awo-lo-ole that was forced to drink rat poison should face the same charges for catalyzing the starvation of millions of biafran women and children
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
ZE: [/b]

In the same manner that fo-ol called awo-lo-ole that was forced to drink rat poison should face the same charges for catalyzing the starvation of millions of biafran women and children

My post was not directed to you dude, those to be dragged will include Ojukwu, achebe and other biafrans leaders for allowing millions to die under their watchful eyes.

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by bobbydbobo: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
ayobase:

Left for me, its either one hates Obasanjo and one wants him crucufied or one wanna be a good judge about this!

I'm very sure we would have supported if ALUU was acted upon as supposed!

Culled from http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/20/media-chat-you-are-wrong-about-odi-obasanjo-tells-jonathan/

“Five policemen and four soldiers were killed by a group of Niger Delta militants when they tried to enter the town of Odi in Bayelsa State in order to effect their arrest. This happened in 1999. After the brutal killing of these security personnel, President Olusegun Obasanjo asked the then Governor of Bayelsa State, Governor Alamieyeseigha, to identify, locate, apprehend and hand over the perpetrators of that crime.

“The Governor said that he was unable to do so and President Obasanjo, as the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, took the position that security personnel could not be killed with impunity under his watch without a strong and appropriate response from the Federal Government. Consequently he sent the military in, to uproot and kill the terrorists and to destroy their operational base which was the town of Odi. The operation was carried out with military precision and efficiency and it’s objectives were fully achieved. The terrorists were either killed and those that were not killed fled their operational base in Odi. They were uprooted, weakened, demoralised and completely dispersed. That was the purpose of the whole exercise and that purpose was achieved. The truth is that the killing of security agents and soldiers with impunity by the Niger Delta militants virtually stopped after the operation in Odi and remained at a bare minimum right up until the time that President Obasanjo left power eight years later in 2007. I advise those that doubt this to go and check the records.

“The same thing was done in Zaki-Biam in Benue State in the North-central zone of Nigeria in 2001 after 19 soldiers were murdered in cold blood and then brutally beheaded by some terrorists from that area. Again after the Federal Government’s strong military response in Zaki Biam, the killing of security personnel with impunity stopped. The objectives of the military operations in both Odi and Zaki-Biam were to stop such killings, to eliminate and deal a fatal blow to those that perpetrated them and to discourage those that may seek to carry out such barbarous butchery and mindless violence in the future.

“Those were the objectives and nothing more and clearly those objectives were achieved. There is no doubt that after Odi, there were still unrest, agitations, protests, kidnappings and the blowing up and sabotage of oil pipelines in the Niger Delta area but there were hardly any more attacks on or killing of soldiers and security personnel by the terrorists and militants because they knew that to do that would attract a swift and forceful reaction and terrible retribution from the Nigerian military.
Invasions objective achieved

“To stop and deter those attacks and killings was the objective of President Obasanjo and that objective was achieved. President Goodluck Jonathan was therefore in error when he said that Odi did not solve the problem of killings in the Niger Delta area by the Niger Delta militants. Not only did it stop the killings but it is also an eloquent testimony of how to deal with terrorists, how to handle those that kill our security personnel with impunity and how to deter militants from killing members of our civilian population and thinking that they can get away with it. If President Obasanjo had not taken that strong action at that time, many more of our civilian population and security personnel would have been killed by the Niger Delta militants between 1999 and 2007.

“By doing what he did at Odi and Zaki-Biam, President Obasanjo saved the lives of many and put a stop to the killings and terrorism that had taken root in the Niger Delta area prior to that time.”

The former Aviation minister also said Mr Obasanjo’s comments last week on how to solve the Boko Haram problem were misconstrued and misrepresented in certain quarters.

“He never said that the Odi treatment should be applied to Boko Haram or that such action is appropriate in these circumstances. What he said was that a solution ought to have been found or some sort of action ought to have been taken sooner rather than allow the problem to fester over time like a bad wound and get worse.

“There can be no doubt that he was right on this because, according to President Jonathan’s own Chief of Army Staff, no less than 3000 people have been killed by Boko Haram in the last two years alone. That figure represents approximately the same number of people that were killed by the IRA in Northern Ireland and the British mainland in the 100 years that the war between them and British lasted and before peace was achieved between the two sides.

“The same number of casualties that the IRA inflicted on the people of the United Kingdom in 100 years, is the same number of casualties that Boko Haram have managed to inflict on our people in just two. This is unacceptable and it is very disturbing. The Federal Government must cultivate the courage and the political will to stop the killings by Boko Haram and to find a permanent solution to the problem.”
. Most Reasonable, sane and apt! How can some pple decide a matter of national security with an action to curb and end terrorism , and evil incursion is to b considered an act of geniciede, even wen we hate, criticise or dislike certain pple or elements, objectivity shouldn't leave our reasoning.... Another attempt by CPC to stir up strife for political means.. National security issues should b treated as such. If our president had taken such steps with close planning to make sure civilians are innocents, such acts by boko would have been long gone. Democracy or no Democracy, national security issues are to b treated with War time reasonings/ actions, which would in the long run save the country as a whole. America the master and agitator of democracy know this... Such insurgents wouldn't c the light of day... Bless u once again the poster of the talk I qouted, and other fair minded and objective analysts.

1 Like

Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by porka: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2013
Buhari should be arraigned for crimes against humanity for

1) forceful take over of a democratically elected government

2) suspending the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the supreme law of the state, and

3) retroactively applying a criminal law to MURDER two young Nigerians who were alleged to have carried hard drugs.
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
kaeto: this fallacy in 2nd to none in the echelons of hypocrisy. Yorubers criticised obj indeed yet when he was facing allegations of misconduct and threats of impeachment, the AD reps were apt to defend him fiercely against na' abba and the northerners. And you wish to tell us stories we've not heard before, take your lies to the birds, they'll listen and whistle...

How many AD people were in the house?

As at 1999-2000 AD was 3rd even behind PDP and ANPP yet you want us to believe it was the AD reps that prevented OBJ from being impeached?

You should have DULLARD tattooed to your forehead
Re: CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
romanlaw:

A YORUBAMAN CANNEVER DO SUCH THING WITHOUT A GAIN. I FEEL BUHARI AND CPC HAS JUST USED FASHAKIN POLITICALLY (AS THE OYIBOS USED AWOLOWO) TO DRIVE HOME A MESSAGE THAT YORUBA'S ARE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN CPC.

So what was Gani Fawehinmi, Falana, Soyinkas etc gain when they were criticising OBJ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prominent Nigerians At Receiving End Of Kidnapping / Boko Haram: Food Vendor, Traders Worried Over Price Hike In Borno, Yobe States / Onnoghen: PDP House Of Reps Back CJN, Blast Buhari For Being Desperate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.