Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes (4526 Views)

Group Wants Ambode Disqualified Over Alleged History Of Mental Illness / Northern Group Wants Obasanjo To Debate With Al – Mustapha / CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by moneygurl: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
The Movement Against Corruption has written to the Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Aondoankaa and his Ogun State counterpart, Akin Osinbajo to, with immediate effect, arrest and prosecute Olusegun Obasanjo over what they called "his deliberate violation of a law of the country."

Mr Obasanjo, in images supplied by the group, at his Birthday celebration some weeks back, sprayed Naira notes on women who danced to the music played at a recent birthday ceremony in Abeaokuta. This action, the group said, violates Section 12 of the CBN Act 2007 which was signed into law by Obasanjo himself in 2008.

http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5398181-146/story.csp
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by mustafar1: 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2009
lol, laws should apply to everyone
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
I hope they succeed. We need folks who will push these men somehow.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by TayoD1(m): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
@topic,

That picture is not enough to convict that old man. The money was not in any way abused which is the intention of the law. You no see how that woman quickly grab the money before it falls on the ground? No room for anyone to beat her to the dough if it falls on the ground.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by MrCrackles(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
must_a_far:

lol, laws should apply to everyone

oh yes! cheesy
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by PapaBrowne(m): 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2009
That picture is not enuff to convict anyone!
Asides, in a country where stealing billions is not a crime, why should anyone be punished for spraying hundreds of Naira!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by blacksta(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2009
Give him 10 years for every note spent
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
10 years? I mean Soludo came up with the new plan. I want to see how this one goes down. Obasanjo breaking Soludo's own law,and the EFCC being urged to arrest him. I hope the group has videos to go with those pictures, hi def pictures to boot!! lol
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by noetic(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

10 years? I mean Soludo came up with the new plan. I want to see how this one goes down. Obasanjo breaking Soludo's own law,and the EFCC being urged to arrest him. I hope the group has videos to go with those pictures, hi def pictures to boot!! lol
u must think this is USA or UK. this is 9ja where obasanjo is law.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
noetic:

u must think this is USA or UK. this is 9ja where obasanjo is law.

I don't think I am in the USA or UK. This group is made up of Nigerians like you and I, looking to get the man you claim to be LAW in your Nigeria, arrested for spraying money, something that has been declared illegal. Are you going to come back with THEY HAVE FOUR HEADS as reason next? Come on!!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by noetic(m): 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don't think I am in the USA or UK. This group is made up of Nigerians like you and I, looking to get the man you claim to be LAW in your Nigeria, arrested for spraying money, something that has been declared illegal. Are you going to come back with THEY HAVE FOUR HEADS as reason next? Come on!!

No i m not.

I m only trying to see this through. I don't think their intentions to bring obasanjo to book is genuine. Considering that obj and daniel are presently fighting, I tink its just a little way of embarrassing the obj guy. It could also be a way of getting at soludo for his attempted second term at the CBN.
This is 9ja, this tales are very common.

On a lighter note, are there not enough evidences and allegations that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt in court (including the power probe and halliburton scams) that can put obj in jail forever? so why not pursue this cases?.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
i guess rules are made to be broken. grin
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by PapaBrowne(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2009
noetic:

On a lighter note, are there not enough evidences and allegations that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt in court (including the power probe and halliburton scams) that can put obj in jail forever? so why not pursue this cases?.

Exactly my point!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Treetop20(m): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2009
after arresting him for something petty what happens next?
they need to nail him for something huge that will keep his
ass locked up for a long time
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by 4tune1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
but who wil bell the cat now.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by MaiSuya(m): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2009
TEE HEE!! Obj once again in the news. wetin he do una sef?
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Apr 07, 2009
noetic:

No i m not.

I m only trying to see this through. I don't think their intentions to bring obasanjo to book is genuine. Considering that obj and daniel are presently fighting, I tink its just a little way of embarrassing the obj guy. It could also be a way of getting at soludo for his attempted second term at the CBN.
This is 9ja, this tales are very common.

How about this? Let me keep my hope that the more people stand up to these men, they will be forced to give us what we want, while you and those on your end keep your tales to yourselves? OK?

Treetop20:

after arresting him for something petty what happens next?
they need to nail him for something huge that will keep his
ass locked up for a long time

It could definitely happen!!!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by noetic(m): 12:18am On Apr 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

How about this? Let me keep my hope that the more people stand up to these men, they will be forced to give us what we want, while you and those on your end keep your tales to yourselves? OK?

what tales?

u sound unrealistic and unobjective. I m not asking u to endorse my opinion, I only asked why more obvious crimes are not being investigated?
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Jayholiday(m): 12:56am On Apr 07, 2009
hmmmmm, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by phraoh(m): 1:06am On Apr 07, 2009
Pple should leave Uncle Shege alone,is he d only 1 dat sprays money in 9ja?Y dnt dose advocatin 4 his prosecution go 2 more parties and see 4 dem selves,maybe den we can prosecute d whole 9ja.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 07, 2009
We have to get him someway. . . .if not for corruption, then for spraying notes.

Hope they finally lock the gorilla in the zoo.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Remii(m): 2:02am On Apr 07, 2009
Una no go leave this man alone, he never go jail before, the man say nothing dey reach am, abi na wetin.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Jacosky(m): 2:16am On Apr 07, 2009
He who has not sinned should be the first to cast his stone.

Money has a spirit which if not controlled, can control you.

I'm 99% positive that if most of us were in Obj's shoes, we would have done more than just spray notes - make we no dey form, na naija we dey.

Nonetheless, to change this norm, we would have to start with ourselves (charity begins at home).

Let me not forget to warn that, it's going to be a long term project.

Peace y'all.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 07, 2009
Jacosky:

He who has not sinned should be the first to cast his stone.

Money has a spirit which if not controlled, can control you.

I'm 99% positive that if most of us were in Obj's shoes, we would have done more than just spray notes - make we no dey form, na naija we dey.

Nonetheless, to change this norm, we would have to start with ourselves (charity begins at home).

Let me not forget to warn that, it's going to be a long term project.

Peace y'all.
You'd make Pastor TD run for his job. . . . ~roll eyes~

Abeg, put am in jail jor
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by pafegs(m): 4:03am On Apr 07, 2009
Let justice prevail oh!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by sley4life(m): 5:44am On Apr 07, 2009
spraying stolen money from the masses
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by blacksta(m): 6:26am On Apr 07, 2009
sley4life:

spraying stolen money from the masses

A fool giveth and a bigger fool receiveth
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by yousouph(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2009
Charity begins at home! It must start with the lawmakers to show example.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by udezue(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2009
Let em arrest the ape then i know they are serious about laws they create.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by FBS: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2009
shait happens.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by fyneguy: 7:21am On Apr 07, 2009
They may arrest him and ask him to pay a fine of N50k (which Soludo can pay on his behalf smiley )
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by ozigbo(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2009
He might be above the law,but he is not above God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Targets 12m Tonnes Of Liquid Steel By 2020 / Kate Henshaw Exposes One Of El Rufai Mansions In Abuja! / Military Vs Boko Haram Special Forces Wiped Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.