Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show (9861 Views)

Educate Me Please.am About To Host A Radio Talk Show,never Done It Before! / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show / Radio Talk Show Producer Needed. Have you got d swag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by paparazzo: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
oyb:

I was so sure it would be cool fm and freeze
its freeze simple!!!
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by fpeter(f): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
PERSONALLY, I DISLIKE OUR LOCAL RADIO STATIONS AND ESPECIALLY THEIR PRESENTERS WITH THE FAKE ACCENTS BTW WE ARE NIGERIANS SO WHY DO THEY FAKE IT? FOREIGNERS DON'T GO ABOUT MIMICKING OTHER PEOPLE'S ACCENTS BUT HERE IN 9JA IT IS THE IN-THING...RADIO AND TV STATIONS IN THE PAST HELPED PEOPLE SPEAK AND PRONOUNCE ENGLISH WORDS CORRECTLY BUT NOW WITH THE WAY THEY TWIST THEIR TONGUES AND THEIR FAKE ACCENTS.......IT'S SUCH A SHAME.

6 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dulphines: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
olasesi:

Different pronunciation

I agree with you but it also depends on how the caller pronounced it.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
dulphines:

Both words (MNEMONIC & PNEUMONIC) are actually correct and they are in the dictionary. I don't know how to judge this case now but its wrong to be rude whether you are a caller, host or a presenter.
No one said both words aren't correct, the issue here is that the little boy got the spelling of "mnemonic" wrong.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
SamConquer: In As Much As The Presenter Need To Be Profesional.The caller Need To Have A ''Tongue Control System''...I have Listened To Many Radio Conversation Where The Callers Are Just Unnecesary Naughty And Rude..And That Push The Presenters To The Extreme,They have to React.You Know Why.......THEY ARE HUMANS

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NAUGHTY CALLERS THATS Y U SHOULD BE PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES NOT ACT THE FOOL LIKE UR CALLERS

4 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Pappyto: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
jaymichael: Which radio station is it please, which presenter and which programme?

COOL FM
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Fadelex(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
I dnt actually listen to local radio anymore, not even raypower, most of their programmes these days are neither educative nor informative so Y shld i be wasting my time listening to them, i prefer surfing the net for information and news... Can a banker insult a customer?? Can a hostess abuse a passenger or a customer?? A professional must be able to cope with ''heat of the moment'' .... Any presenters you found abusive can be dealt with by never to listen to such programme again talkless of calling in
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by jaymichael(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
miz4oxley:

Bro, sorry... I also stopeed listening to them cos of their Ads! Oops... That's all they announce, I quite undertstand that where their money comes from tho. Well, listen to Inspiration FM 92.3 k. Presenters like DanFoster, Charles B with sharing live Issues. I promise you'll enjoy every bit of the station.
THAT IS A VERY MATURE RADIO STATION WITH MATURE CONTENTS. YOU CAN'T IMAGINE DAN FOSTER INSULTING OR CURSING AN AUDIENCE.

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by adeshsam(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Am sure d guy is reading all the comments, he must av identify is inaccuracy . Freeze plz apologize to the callers and take note of your errors.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Larrylarex(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Even that 'freeze' that talks with a lisp?
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by nokingasgod: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Babzilla:

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NAUGHTY CALLERS THATS Y U SHOULD BE PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES NOT ACT THE FOOL LIKE UR CALLERS
. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, AS A ON-AIR-PERSONALITY, YOU MUST BE VERY COURTEOUS AT ALL TIMES AND BE WARY THAT THE CALLER MAY NOIT NECESSARILY BE OF HIGH INTELLECT BUT IT BEHOVES ON YOU TO MANAGE THE PROCESS AS POLITELY AS POSSIBLE.

Now, this is not peculiar to any particular station as it cuts across. Reason for this is simple. THe moment that sector was deregulated, smart alecs of Nigerian investors are only interested in the huge potentials and cared less about the personnel they forced down our throat. On-Air-Personality became an all comers affair and most them do not have the pre-requisite training in basic journalism. THey do not understand the role and position of the media socially, morally and politically. THe moment they are on air, tey bsimply become tin-gods and blabbers out all sorts of sacrilege as if nobody monitors them. It is sad though cos i remember we used to have seasoned broadcasters in this shore especially before the 1990s.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dulphines: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
freecocoa: No one said both words aren't correct, the issue here is that the little boy got the spelling of "mnemonic" wrong.

It depends on what the boy heard - How the caller pronounced it. Don't get me wrong, i didn't listen to this program. Bottom line of my comment is to be polite at all times!
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
fpeter: PERSONALLY, I DISLIKE OUR LOCAL RADIO STATIONS AND ESPECIALLY THEIR PRESENTERS WITH THE FAKE ACCENTS BTW WE ARE NIGERIANS SO WHY DO THEY FAKE IT? FOREIGNERS GO ABOUT MIMICKING OTHER PEOPLE'S ACCENTS BUT HERE IN 9JA IT IS THE IN-THING...RADIO AND TV STATIONS IN THE PAST HELPED PEOPLE SPEAK AND PRONOUNCE ENGLISH WORDS CORRECTLY BUT NOW WITH THE WAY THEY TWIST THEIR TONGUES AND THEIR FAKE ACCENTS.......IT'S SUCH A SHAME.

GOD BLESS U AND THE ANNOYING THING IS THEY DONT KNOW WHEN 2 STOP. I MEAN I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, HELL THATS Y ANYONE LISTENS TO THE RADIO ANYWAY (THAT AND THE NEWS BITS) THEY WANT TO TALK AND THE FCKING PARROTS GO ON AND ON AND FCKING ON TILL THEY GIVE U A FCKING MIGRAINE. IF U WANT TO PRACTICE UR 1/2 BAKED ACCENTS GO GET A ROOM AND A MIRROR & DO YO THANG WE DONT CARE.

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dembasule: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
some callers are also not knowing the better way to talk atimes. last week saturday, a caller had to call in on a program on Brilla fm and said " what is wrong with BIG LARRY" the presenter found that insulting and systematically scolded him. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by bornosheikh: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
You have to make da puddy quint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1YUh0szpVw

Jamaican rude-gyal behaviour - our Caribbean cousins - rugged and rude at the same time.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fadelex: I dnt actually listen to local radio anymore, not even raypower, most of their programmes these days are neither educative nor informative so Y shld i be wasting my time listening to them, i prefer surfing the net for information and news... Can a banker insult a customer?? Can a hostess abuse a passenger or a customer?? A professional must be able to cope with ''heat of the moment'' .... Any presenters you found abusive can be dealt with by never to listen to such programme again talkless of calling in

SAME HERE I WONT RISK MY SANITY BY LISTENING TO THEM. I EVEN DID BETTER. I JUST USE MY TUNEIN RADIO AND CONNECT TO MORE INTERESTING RADIO STATIONS.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Mustay(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
Apparently, these stations have their target audience - most likely, teenagers will enjoy such programmes. I guessed as much that it would be Freeze and if not him, UnCOOL fm. He actually likes playing on radio, so if you don't understand, you may take him serious. But even at his 'plays', people find his reaponses too expensive for jokes - especially this feature of his when it comes to yanking you off the line. Last time I called, he argued about a 'research' and I refused to accept his position. If you know him not well, you can be easily intimated or insulted by his antics so before listening to his shows, you may want to remember the caveat to listen with a 'light mind'.

When I listen to radio, I try to gain much. We may not have so much matured presenters but we certainly do. Presenters who conduct enough research before coming on air and those who take to correction when corrected.

I listen to radio frequently and it appears it is the younger presenters that fall into this poor PR/HR relationship. Even the day this Chaz B guy was corrected for being rude, he stated his case and still apologised if he was miscontrued by the 'prosecutor'. Everyone learns at the end of the day.

Radio is like public opinion, you have to manage all sides. The NCC even published a notice in the dailies recently for radio presenters to be careful when discussing issues. It's very simple, there are easy ways to gain and lose listeners - (don't) change the dial!

3 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by ELgordo(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Oh Boy! I stopped listening to cool Fm since . . . Classic FM is tha sh*t! Best station ever ever ever ever old school still the best . . . Buh too many ads.

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by kodified(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
I listen to Cool Fm all the time and I think they are very entertaining. Don't understand where all the bile is coming from. Do you think it is easy to host a radio show? Being rude is also part of it. I would hate a presenter that is so courteous all the time. The presenters are not customer care. They are under no obligation to be pleasant to you. Their job is to be entertaining.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by albacete(m): 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
Customer service in naija is shitty.
just like the biatch that attended to me today in the bank. Very silly girl.

If not for her co worker(a particular guy) that calmed me down, her supervisor would have come out to find out what the
noise was all about.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Haywhymido(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
dat guy need to b check up. Sumthin rung wit his brain
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by sakabien: 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
gen2briz: Cool fm abi...... #on my way to NBC office
Nice one they need to treat his Bleep up....
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Desdola(m): 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
What do you expect when anybody can become a presenter without undergoing necessary training. But come to think of it, these guys are human. We dont expect them to be perfect.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by MrSinister(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
kodified: I listen to Cool Fm all the time and I think they are very entertaining. Don't understand where all the bile is coming from. Do you think it is easy to host a radio show? Being rude is also part of it. I would hate a presenter that is so courteous all the time. The presenters are not customer care. They are under no obligation to be pleasant to you. Their job is to be entertaining.

I think you are a staff of cool FM. You might even be freeze sef! Change your ways

6 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Walphem(m): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
lakesdie: ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

A lady had to call in again to caution him but he refused to accept he was wrong and cut her off too.
Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

That was Kahlah, The voice and some kids, I was so disappointed that they didn't even know the meaning of the world, I exempt the kids but not the journalist, to make matter worse freeze that wasn't in the studio when it happened just came tongue lashing in his usual childish way-people complains that he behaves like a kid most times, but I always disagree, but on this he was very ridiculous.
they need to go study more and stop insulting people with 'gbaganun'.Mtwchew
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by BUSHMAN1: 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
this guy need to be reminded not to bite the finger (the callers) that feeds him,if you do that here in england you are sacked straight away
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Walphem(m): 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Brand_new:
It's "Daddy freeze" who usually hosts the morning shows. A dumb guy called DOTUN is usually rude to callers too, he even disses female co presenters and sh*t like that. Cool f.m management should look into that B.S. Those dudes are doing more harm than good to their listeners.
Between Dotun and Freeze, I will say freeze is quite rude.I really wish he grow up.and learn, I used to be his fan, but am really dropping off, bit.for Dotun rocks
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by lakesider(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
the only station that does this is cool fm and their daughter station wazobia
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by debbydominic(f): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
miz4oxley:

Bro, sorry... I also stopeed listening to them cos of their Ads! Oops... That's all they announce, I quite undertstand that where their money comes from tho. Well, listen to Inspiration FM 92.3 k. Presenters like DanFoster, Charles B with sharing live Issues. I promise you'll enjoy every bit of the station.

Chaz B resigned from inspiration Fm yesterday.I would miss him on the station,he is a wonderful presenter.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
BUSH MAN: this guy need to be reminded not to bite the finger (the callers) that feeds him,if you do that here in england you are sacked straight away
LOL. Not holding brief for him or anything but the callers don't feed him.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by xGun: 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
Freeze no get gud record ooo. guy I knw U̶̲̥̅̊ dey NL & U̶̲̥̅̊ dey read A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ dis, U̶̲̥̅̊ ave 2 consider ur ways
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by nokingasgod: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
kodified: I listen to Cool Fm all the time and I think they are very entertaining. Don't understand where all the bile is coming from. Do you think it is easy to host a radio show? Being rude is also part of it. I would hate a presenter that is so courteous all the time. The presenters are not customer care. They are under no obligation to be pleasant to you. Their job is to be entertaining.
I beg to disagree, how can being rude ever be part of broadcasting, which school of journalism teaches that? so, you cant be entertaining without being rude? On point of correction, a presenter is under OBLIGATION to be courteous and pleasant towards his/her listener. A presenter is also a ''customer care'' executive. At the point the presenter is on air especially when it is an interactive program, the presenter is the mouth piece of that station and must apply the rule ''customer is king''.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DJ Kisswise – Best Of Seyi Vibez & Pablo Mayor Mix / 2face Feat R.kelly Flex Lyrics / Nkem Owoh's Song "marry Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.