Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show (9851 Views)

Educate Me Please.am About To Host A Radio Talk Show,never Done It Before! / Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show / Radio Talk Show Producer Needed. Have you got d swag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by lakesdie: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Things are really getting out on hand in this country, a caller got a basket full of tongue-lashing on a children's talk show for telling a 10-12 year old to spell MNEMONIC by the presenter. he even went as far as cutting callers off when callers called to caution him.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT A STATION DAT DOESN'T,T RESPECT CALLERS.

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by jaymichael(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Which radio station is it please, which presenter and which programme?
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by FXKing2012(m): 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
lakesdie: Things are really getting out on hand in this country, a caller got a basket full of tongue-lashing on a children's talk show for telling a 10-12 year old to spell MNEMONIC by the presenter. he even went as far as cutting callers off when callers called to caution him.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT A STATION DAT DOESN'T,T RESPECT CALLERS.
Pls give more details to make this gist really interesting. We need names, time and location.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by lakesdie: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

A lady had to call in again to caution him but he refused to accept he was wrong and cut her off too.
Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

7 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by olasesi(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
...........Poor Human Relation.......
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by SamConquer(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
In As Much As The Presenter Need To Be Profesional.The caller Need To Have A ''Tongue Control System''...I have Listened To Many Radio Conversation Where The Callers Are Just Unnecesary Naughty And Rude..And That Push The Presenters To The Extreme,They have to React.You Know Why.......THEY ARE HUMANS
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by MrSinister(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
lakesdie: ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

A lady had to call in again to caution him but he refused to accept he was wrong and cut her off too.
Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

That's freeze of cool FM for you. The guy behaves funny at times

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by gen2briz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Cool fm abi...... #on my way to NBC office

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by ochukoccna: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
olasesi: ...........Poor Human Relation.......
lakesdie: Whatever happened to the days when presenters were cultured and respectful? Now all we get are presenters that are so full of themselves, they feel every other person is a walkover.

I'd say inferiority complex and bad training
And you got that right of presenters been so full of themselves nowadays e.g. Rhythm FM presenters [and no need to name names]

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mistakenly found my self here
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by cr7lomo: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Yes, I heard it al on the 4th abi 5th march in d evEenin say 5 or 6. D presenta ws freeze. Its seems like dat guy has tempa issues cos av noticed it in d past dat d guy is soooooo rude. I 1da if dey dnt hv a regulatory departmnt on cool fm 2 caution dia activities.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by garri4all: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
I stopped listening to cool fm because of their presenters.
all of them are so stupid with fake accents and are extremely rude and always yabbing callers.
I don't know the presenter you are talking about because like I said I no longer listen to them because Cool fm is trash but I know for sure that Freeze is sooooo rude and full of himself. Honestly I don't just understand why.

I only started listening to the stupid station when I left naija to keep me in touch with home but honestly I will rather listen to stations here and check NL for updates than listen to insults from some silly presenter.
Abeg who knows of any better naija radio station that streams live online?

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by deepwaters(f): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
That's what you get when every Tom Dick and Harry become media personalities without undergoing proper media/communication training. Na dem go come dey form celebs everywhere, even more than the proper media staff.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
ighoosagie: Why not , I fit even help her back baby sef
Wrong Thread

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by wellmax(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Cool FM abi, okay, I won't listen to them again.

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

I was so sure it would be cool fm and freeze

4 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by miz4oxley(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
garri4all: I stopped listening to cool fm because of their presenters.
all of them are so stupid with fake accents and are extremely rude and always yabbing callers.
I don't know the presenter you are talking about because like I said I no longer listen to them because Cool fm is trash but I know for sure that Freeze is sooooo rude and full of himself. Honestly I don't just understand why.

I only started listening to the stupid station when I left naija to keep me in touch with home but honestly I will rather listen to stations here and check NL for updates than listen to insults from some silly presenter.

Bro, sorry... I also stopeed listening to them cos of their Ads! Oops... That's all they announce, I quite undertstand that where their money comes from tho. Well, listen to Inspiration FM 92.3 k. Presenters like DanFoster, Charles B with sharing live Issues. I promise you'll enjoy every bit of the station.

2 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Izrhiell: Wrong Thread
No mind my Nokia 3310 jare

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by zuma4k(m): 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Absolutely not''!
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by rubi96(f): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
though cool fm used to be my fav fm, classic fm anytime any day.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by freecocoa(f): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
Most of the reporters these days are very rude without manners whatsoever, all they have is their fake accents and empty brains.

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dammytosh: 4:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
I have been looking for a way to get to a presenter of Brilla FM.

He is jst f***in 2 rude. The way he answers callers and drop their calls on his shows.

Everytime, i think that gaddemn it, Is this guy aware of au many trials those guys do before getting through successfully.

And it is crazy to assume all callers are of the lowwwwwww class and even if ? Respect is needed.

I stopped listening to his daily fan assembly cos of the pompous way he handles it. Please someone should correct him.

1 Like

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Bosshugo: 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
It was Freeze all right and he was with Kayla on the "Meet the parents" show. I really admired the lady who called in to caution Freeze on his arrogance and silly statements to the "mnemonic" guy. Freeze is known for his braggadacio.

4 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dammytosh: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
SamConquer: In As Much As The Presenter Need To Be Profesional.The caller Need To Have A ''Tongue Control System''...I have Listened To Many Radio Conversation Where The Callers Are Just Unnecesary Naughty And Rude..And That Push The Presenters To The Extreme,They have to React.You Know Why.......THEY ARE HUMANS

I disagree they are not human in this context. They should be professional. If we dont listen, will they be on air ?

3 Likes

Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by olasesi(m): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
SamConquer: In As Much As The Presenter Need To Be Profesional.The caller Need To Have A ''Tongue Control System''...I have Listened To Many Radio Conversation Where The Callers Are Just Unnecesary Naughty And Rude..And That Push The Presenters To The Extreme,They have to React.You Know Why.......THEY ARE HUMANS

......ARRRRRGH
......Soooooooooooo
>>>>>>WRONG....................i think
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by dulphines: 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
lakesdie: ON cool FM i don't know the name of the presenter but the guy was so rude on air, they were having this children talk show,with two children on the show,(a boy and a girl) and the idea was for people to call in and give them words to spell. The boy was overconfident cause he was getting all the spellings right. This particular guy called and asked the boy to spell MNEMONIC,he spelt PNEUMONIC and the caller said he was wrong.At this point, the presenter not knowing such a word existed challenged the guy and asked him the meaning of the word. The guy tried to explain to him, he didn't give him a chance to explain, only for him to start laughing at the guy, the caller then told him to check the meaning of the word in the dictionary and hung up. The presenter took it personal and started making such remarks as "he probably graduated with a third class", "he has a mere OND" and several other derogatory statements.

Both words (MNEMONIC & PNEUMONIC) are actually correct and they are in the dictionary. I don't know how to judge this case now but its wrong to be rude whether you are a caller, host or a presenter.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by garri4all: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
I will not be surprised if it turns out that he is violent/ a woman beater.
Honestly that guy really got temper issues and he NEVER listens to corrections.
He believes that he knows it all and others are olodos.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Leorichy: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
garri4all: I stopped listening to cool fm because of their presenters.

listen to royal fm based in ilorin goto www.royalfm.net
that stating na gbam i prefer it to naija tv station
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

It's "Daddy freeze" who usually hosts the morning shows. A dumb guy called DOTUN is usually rude to callers too, he even disses female co presenters and sh*t like that. Cool f.m management should look into that B.S. Those dudes are doing more harm than good to their listeners.
Re: Tongue-lashing On Radio Talk Show by olasesi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
dulphines:

Both words (MNEMONIC & PNEUMONIC) are actually correct and they are in the dictionary. I don't know how to judge this case now but its wrong to be rude whether you are a caller, host or a presenter.

I think they both av got different pronunciation

MNEMONIC========\ni-ˈmä-nik\
PNEUMONIC========\nu̇-ˈmä-nik, nyu̇-\

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sola Allyson- Ayanmo Ife Lyrics / Complete Lil Frosh Biography, Net Worth And Age 2020 / 'Expressions': Styl-plus New Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.