Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? (15237 Views)

Engagement Ceremony: Abuja Lady In Keke Napep (photo) / A Bride Joined To The Groom's Photo In Marriage,how Appropriate? / How Do You Tell Him That You Hate Your Engagement Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by f18spitfire(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
You wear engagement ring for five years, wetin self you be lord of the rings....

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by greedie1(f): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
smh
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by r231(m): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
28 years

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by aadetoyin(f): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2013
Not more than 2yrs because that 2 yrs sef is a long time but if they are still young she can wear it for 2 yrs.
Anything beyond 2yrs is a NO NO for me. Wen her hand no be key holder. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by huninaija(f): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
1 night

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by timpaker(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
2 weeks cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
For as long as it takes for the couple to find the money to make it into the next level . . . Better to wear a ring of engagement that to wear a wedding band in pain

14 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Scarpon(m): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
for as long as I want

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Blesphil(f): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
r231: 28 years
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by mrofficial2(m): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
This topic again?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
at most 3month
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by 2sa2: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
I dont think it should be worn at all, cos when u'r not married u'r not married. Its all rubbish. An engagement ring is not a guarantee for marriage, so dont scare other suitors away buy wearing a ring that has no 'spiritual' implication.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Scarpon: for as long as I want

You mean to say for as long as both of your want, cos it is not just about you, but both involved

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Cmoyor: 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
4 years lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by enuelly: 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Three months tops...
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by tinuolababy(f): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
not more than a year in my opinion.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy: For as long as it takes for the couple to find the money to make it into the next level . . . Better to wear a ring of engagement that to wear a wedding band in pain
Word!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by kenraj(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
What in the case that the woman has a child already for the man who is not in the country and the man gets an apartment for the woman. The man comes home every year at least twice and the woman have emphasized that if they are married that means the man is finally settled down in the country and anything short of that she s not ready for the marriage.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by djeezy(m): 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
It varies depending on the circumstances surrounding the engagement. I have seen a situation wherein my female friend was engaged at age 18. I asked her why and she replied that the guy was just securing her so as not to go after other guys. The time frame should be what a reasonable man deem apt in that circumstance while working towards pushing same to the next level.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by BlackPeni5: 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
Till death do us part...
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Orikinla(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Not more than a year.
Marriage should not be delayed after engagement.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by konn: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
15 years
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
kenraj: What in the case that the woman has a child already for the man who is not in the country and the man gets an apartment for the woman. The man comes home every year at least twice and the woman have emphasized that if they are married that means the man is finally settled down in the country and anything short of that she s not ready for the marriage.

Not good enough, if the man can afford to go to Nigeria 2ce a year, such man can afford the wedding and tie the knot, not only an engaged woman or man could reside abroad while the wife is somewhere else, a married man could do such too, so it is all about understanding and commitment.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by donPhill(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
6months
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
Orikinla: Not more than a year.
Marriage should not be delayed after engagement.

Delay could be for various reason . . .
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by sureteeboy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
maximum of a month
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by 1shortblackboy: 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
kenraj: What in the case that the woman has a child already for the man who is not in the country and the man gets an apartment for the woman. The man comes home every year at least twice and the woman have emphasized that if they are married that means the man is finally settled down in the country and anything short of that she s not ready for the marriage.
. Na wa o na nigerian film? na angry
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by miteolu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
May be after introduction or traditional stuff
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Temismith(f): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Except if u are lord of d rings or tinket box, but if not maximum of one year abeg.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by mutualrespect(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
i don't know!
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by ibitomisi: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
am confused somehow iz it before wedding or after wedding? well i"ll say it"ll be before wedding it should'nt be delay the maximum of two years, then they'll do the wedding

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
ibitomisi: am confused somehow iz it before wedding or after wedding? well i"ll say it"ll be before wedding it should'nt be delay the maximum of two years, then they'll do the wedding

If within that 2 years, the couple could not afford the wedding not even what it takes to support a home?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rent Your Dream Wedding Gowns For As Low As N15000 In Abuja / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding / Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.