Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

"Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church (1136 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Gay Church Opens In Igboland / Gay Church In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

"Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Boyoorisha: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Despite the Federal Government's intolerance for Gay activities in Nigeria, Reverend Jide Macaulay, has damned all consequences and reopened his gay church, House of Rainbow in Lagos.
Its primary vision is to reach out to sexual minorities in Nigeria, UK, and around the world.
Rev Rowland Jide Macaulay is a confirmed and ordained Pastor who founded the House Of Rainbow Church in 2006. He openly held Sunday services in a Lagos hotel hall decked out with rainbow flags until the public revolted against the church.
He then fled to the UK after death threats.
Read Pastor Jide's views on homo-sexuality below:

"For me I have always been gay and I never became gay.
I became aware of my same sex attraction whilst living in Nigeria at the age of seven. Boys flirt with each other unknowing all the time and it was at this stage that I was more aware of my emotional, physical, mental and sexual attraction to boys.
I was 14 when I had my first sex with a guy, it was filled with curiousity, passion, embarassment and guilt as with with any heterosexual having sex for the first time.
By this age I had become a youth leader in the church and had spent time reading the bible including discovering chapters that "condemned" homosexuality.
Imagine the furore of my life? Now I have to be discrete, secretive and live a lie. When I look back at my life it never stopped my same sex attractions.
Fast forward thirty years, I am now fully confident that being gay is my natural being and I regretted ever trying to be straight.
I regretted that I did not get the education and appropriate spiritual development to be a gay man. I can understand that and that is why I am determined that the short life I may live in this world I trust God for the development of inclusive Christian education to enable the freedom of the mind, body, soul and spirit.
Recently, my father asked me to prove that homosexuality is genetics. I just looked at him and pointed to myself, "ME" you made me, you gave birth to a homosexual boy he was anxious to know more, so I asked him to prove to me that God is real, not that I don't know but if we were to play "doubting Thomas", lets lay all the cards out.
My homosexuality is real, I am gay and I did not become gay, just like I am black and I did not become black. This is a great way to move forward in life and let the world know that they may hate us but God Adores Us.
House Of Rainbow Fellowship is an inclusive Christian community, that welcomes all people and does not discriminate against LGBTI people (of faith or no faith).
I am proud that the Holy Spirit has led me to start this group, (nearly five years). We are growing with passion and relevance and it is my hope that we would be able to advance the learning and inclusion of all people.
I love myself and it is my daily prayer and hope that millions of LGBTI people around the world, their friends and families will come to understand and love them."

http://news.naij.com/26173.html

Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Mtscheeeew! angry
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by visionbiafra: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hmmm... Christianity do suffer! I don't blame those that say that the Nigerian variation of Christianity i.e Showbiz Xtianity, Commercial Christianity is a mild form of mental illness. CAN what are you doing? Oritsejiafor the Showbiz pastor has left his primary assignment as the leader of the governing body of Christians in Nigeria to galivant and wine and dine with those in the corridors of power in Aso Rock. IMO Oritsejiafor is not fit to be the CAN President. If he is actually working he should come out and tell us what he's been doing for the past 3 years or so.
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by asha80(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
ndi uka opi ike!
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by gramci: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dirty hog
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
Holy spirit ti mugbo angry so na man de "balla" this guy? lipsrsealed
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hmmmmn end time tins lol
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by nedu2000(m): 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Na wa o,with all the beauty girls in nigeria!!...homosexuals r just dysfunctional persons
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by solid3(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
Signs of end time.

Spitttt on the man and walks away.
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by baby124: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Well...his pastor colleagues use the same scope too. undecided
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Tolexander: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
*solid*:
Signs of end time.

Spitttt on the man and walks away.
some people here are castigating this man. Little do they know that the same holy spirit that lead this man to start the church of rainbow fellowship is the same holy spirit directing their own pastor also to start the church of the lord PLC that extorts money from them under the deception of God's blessing is meant for a cheerful giver.
When the guy mention holy spirit now, what happened to him, likewise your fake pastors that disguise holy spirit's messenger.
Only God knows who is serving him!
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
This guy is by far better than folks like robert liardon who bleeps his male subordinates in church secretly.
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Blasphemy.holy spirit does not encourage unholy conducts.smh
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Signs of beginning times. grin grin grin
Re: "Holy Spirit Led Me To Start This Church"- G.O Of Nigerian Gay Church by JeSoul(f): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2013

(1)

The End Is Near / Why Does The Bible Seem Against Women? / Pope Francis Joins islamic Cleric To Pray In mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.