Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Gay Church Opens In Igboland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (17873 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Gay Church In Nigeria / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Church Opens In Igboland by AloyEmeka8: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2010
[size=14pt]Inside Homosexual Church[/size]
SATURDAY, 04 DECEMBER 2010 11:13 BY NWABUEZE OKONKWO

•Open sex

•Community fights back

Its real name is Day Spring Assembly, but the host community of Umunze in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State nicknamed it ‘Skirt Church’.
This is because the entire community had watched with utter astonishment as the pastor and members of the Church indulge in bizarre style of worship.
The pastors and their flock had allegedly gone round the community, including the Nkwo market square preaching that there is nothing wrong in men having sexual intercourse with fellow men, even in the open.
Aside that, the church members had, while mounting the rostrum, preached that any man was free to take another person's wife to bed, provided the woman gave her consent.
To crown it all, the community has been embarrassed by the mode of dressing of the church members. They say male members of the church dress in women’s attires such as skirts, blouses, ear rings and wigs, while their female counterparts wear men’s attires.
The church, it was further learnt, encourages members to go on a drinking spree, and worship all through the night, beginning from evening till day break (TDB).
Not comfortable with the situation, women in the area had staged a protest at the church warning the congregation against what they called obnoxious religious worship. According to them, the practice is capable of promoting sexual promiscuity, particularly among the youths in the area.
As the congregation ignored the women's warning and allegedly continued with their preaching mode, which attracted more members on a daily basis, the women marched to the church premises, demolished the entire structure and ordered the members to leave the area.
A visit to the community during the week, National LIFE learnt that members of the church might have ignored the quit notice issued them by the community, as they have since regrouped, and even making plans to rebuild their demolished church building.
Now the battle line seems to have been drawn between the worshippers and their host community.
As at the time of filing this report, the church members had started moulding blocks in readiness to rebuild the church, even as they spread tarpaulin over the demolished structure to provide shelter for their normal practice.
At the Church premises last Tuesday, National LIFE sighted a members sitting under the tarpaulin quietly. None of them was willing to be drawn into any dialogue.
By Wednesday afternoon, no member of the church was around, as the entire premises was deserted. However, a neighbour who spoke to National LIFE on anonymous condition, said they usually gathered during evening hours anyday they want to worship and remained till the next day.
When contacted, a member of the church who identified himself as Silas Nwafor, a petty trader at the Nkwo Market, Umunze, said he is an ordinary member of the church. According to him, he is not competent to comment on the matter without first obtaining clearance from their pastor who he said lives in Aba, Abia State.

http://www.thenationallifeonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3427:inside-homosexual-church&catid=128:lcover&Itemid=840
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by AloyEmeka8: 4:39am On Dec 06, 2010
Na waoh.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by seyibrown(f): 4:59am On Dec 06, 2010
^^^ Aloy Emeka,

Abeg o, wetin be your 'logo'? smiley
She you be Xtian, Muslim, Pagan (Amadioha, Sango and co), Atheist, Agnostic etc? Which wan you dey gangan?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Wumine(f): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2010
Why do they have to label it "Church"?

1 Like

Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by BaboonYansh: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2010
God bless them. We are all creations of God and are accepted no matter our flaws.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by denony(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2010
sign of end of the world
God have mercy
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by slap1(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2010
One thing I know is the 'church' won't stand. About two years ago, a similar thing happened in Aba. Angry youths beat them up and destroyed the place. It's now history.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Bukittes(f): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
BaboonYansh:

God bless them. We are all creations of God and are accepted no matter our flaws.
You really be Baboon!!!!!! didirin, amukun meko, alailojuti!
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by udennaa: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
Wumine:

Why do they have to label it "Church"?
church of satan not church of God
BaboonYansh:

is this a joke or real.God bless gays and fornicators?true,we are all creations of God but indulging in unbiblical teachings n practises incurs His wrath.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by AKHOZEM: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
Is it a christian church? Did they claim they are Christians?. Because I would have loved to quote Romans 1. As an assignment for them.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MrCork7: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
At last, this shud be great news for IBO people. Jonatan Guudluck look gay anyways angry (no oofeinse)
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by mutw(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
Hmm. where are we heading to,
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by OffDat: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2010
Why mixed it up with church and God. They could have called it any other thing but a christian church. If this were to happen in the Northern Nigeria we all know what would happen to them.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by tayolumi(f): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2010
Especially in the African mentality being gy as an abomination
But what makes someone who is sleeping with someone of his sex different than some other person who kills or maybe a pastor in a "non-gay-church" who is eating all the offering money and all that.
As Jesus said in the bible, let those of you without sin step out first! Don't judge them just because they're gay but pray for them that the Lord will show them the right path!

That'S my own sha and I know many of you wouldn't agree but oh well,
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by BaboonYansh: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2010
Bukittes:

You really be Baboon!!!!!! didirin, amukun meko, alailojuti!
I'm sorry but you insult me and call me names yet think yourself as a child of God? Lol

Those people are better representatives of God than your sorry self.

udennaa:

is this a joke or real.God bless gays and fornicators?true,we are all creations of God but indulging in unbiblical teachings n practises incurs His wrath.

Yes, God bless gays and fornicators.
Dont be so arrogant and bigoted. Not everyboy shares your interpretation of scripture neither do you have any proof your interpretation is right. So please keep your opinions on what you consider biblical to yourself and stop speaking for God.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by 9jauk: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
U lost it all,u are proud to be a Gay,shamefull,family neglect,i pray God will visit u,total evil way, unwelcoming act in society.
 Is the rite time nigerians stand against dis alarming act,May Almigthy God destroy all gaay Again.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Ignatio(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2010
Church of satan in anoda form shocked

1 Like

Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by yunafa(f): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2010
i am a muslim and i know in my heart that this is no church, the people of that community should drive these pple away before God strikes.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Ayoobscom(m): 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
THEY OCCUPY THE SOUNDLINES
THEY LEGALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY, OPEN FURNICATION,
THEY COMMERCIALIZE FAITH, TOYING WITH GOD'S TEMPER, sonship to the ominipotent GOD
THEY MAKE THEIR OWN BOOKS, what i call the wordly poems bible
THEY ENCOURAGE EXTORTION (TITE), giving to the rich,ignoring d poor neighbors
THEY PREJUDICE, PRETENTIOUS TO THE TRUTH, Shariah
THEY POLUTE MINDS WITH LIES,paint their faces with colors of the devil
THEY PROVOKE THE WORLD, BREED TERRORISM, with falseful statement & illegal invasions, bombings
THEY ALL KNOW THE TRUTH, THEY JUST WON'T HEED IT.
THEY JUST WON'T REPENT !!
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by babyme1(f): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
Lord have mercy. Why call themselves a church?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2010
this i called evil gatherings
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by SSaemoenl(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
Just passing,
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
What a church lol
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by swarthyg(f): 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
God have mercy, let he who has an ear hear what d spirit says to the churches, end time signs, may we all mek it to the ultimate place, and nt stayin back criticisin
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by udennaa: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2010
BaboonYansh:

Yes, God bless gays and fornicators.
Dont be so arrogant and bigoted. Not everyboy shares your interpretation of scripture neither do you have any proof your interpretation is right. So please keep your opinions on what you consider biblical to yourself and stop speaking for God.
are you gay?you are so defensive of the 'church of satan' and their teachings that am beginning to think you are one of them.repent before it is too late.i may be a sinner just like we all are, but homosexuality?no no no no,that is the height of it all.God is against it,period;the same reason He destroyed sodom n gomorah.HOMOSEXUALITY IS EVIL!

3 Likes

Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Ymodulus: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
This is a welcome Development
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Ymodulus: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
This is a welcome Development
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by sessy2(f): 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2010
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MrCork7: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
Gay Church in IBO land. dyamm, those IBo people will Nyansh the hell outter there pastor tongue
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by nitewalker: 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2010
A gay church in Igboland?.

I think this article has a bent towards tribal slander, with an overt intent to excite.

It has verily succeeded. my two cents. sad

Don't believe all you read. If no other news agency is reporting. hold your ambivalence to heart.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by ARareGem(f): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2010
cry Somethn has to be done. All xtians must start praying for Nigeria. The devil is polluting our land. May God have mercy.cry
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by nitewalker: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
Mr¬Cork:

At last, this shud be great news for IBO people. Jonatan Guudluck look gay anyways angry (no oofeinse)

Verily my friend. You are a loud mouth shnuck.

You are not worthy of the milieu of the lowly TRIBALIST.

your posts are irreverant and irrelevant to say the least. Alas, one could safely ascert

that, your mom has no son in you. (im insulting u by the way) grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.