Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires (14228 Views)

When Does A Cheque Expires In Nigeria Banks / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by SUCCEED3: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hello all,

For the 3rd time in 3 months, DSTV has disconnected me from the service 3 days before the date my subscription is supposed to expire.

When it happened the first time I ignored it. It happened again the second, I called their customer care lines (08039003788 and 012703232) severally but I was never attended to after being on the call for several minutes, however, I complained when I went to renew my subscription and they said they will rectify the problem. Now for the 3rd time, it has happened again. I wish there was a serious competitor and a good alternative to switch to.

I'm sure I'm not the only subscriber experiencing this denial of service, I have read in this forum someone complaining about this. I noticed, this problem started the first month I benefited from their 10% discount promo on subscription renewal before expiration.

Is any other person experiencing this problem? Pls. lets bring this to the attention of their management, I have sent an email since 2 days without any feedback.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by iamswizz(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2013
chai, first to.....

we rep 'star times'... who get time for dish

All these south African companies like EmptyHen,dstv, fashola etc. fit give person heart ache
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by omodapson(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Why not take time to visit any of their Customer Service Centre. It happened to me and a phone call solved it.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by stevebond007(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Dy jst did dis weekend, 2days b4 it was suppose 2 end. Dos guys r feeling 2 important. Like MTN, de need der GLO
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by sherfizle(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Just a phone call would do. Their customer service is very effective.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Phillfree(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2013
Do people still subscribe DSTV? Just asking. ;DDo people still subscribe DSTV? Just asking.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by keni: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2013
Yes ooo they did on saturday
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by wandeykul(f): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2013
Ask google.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by SirElaw(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2013
I alwys do...
DSTV isnt d only company dt constantly denies customers of services paid for, but I dnt blame any of dem. All dis s because we dnt hv a standard, no nonsense, no bribery body to fight 4 d rights of customers.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by SPIFF(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2013
My is the other way round. My subscription was renewed without making payment. I planned renewing it last Monday but since they have done it for me. lemme enjoy the awoof while it lasts.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by RedLight1: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2013
i thought am d only one they always do that nonsense for .... they always disconnect me 3-4 days b4 due date and always take them forever or until i call there customer care to reconnect me after subscription
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by kayusbrown(m): 9:48am On Mar 06, 2013
I observed recently that Super sport SELECT (Channel 233) has disappeared from the channel list. Has anyone observed the same? I'll like to know if it is a general problem or probably something is wrong with the decoder.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by gen2briz(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Dstv abi... Ok I dey come
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by femolahlah: 9:50am On Mar 06, 2013
they have done it to me several times and even when i complain to the customer service there was no change, then i refuse to subscribe for three months but for the sake of the family i had to renew. i think the customer service line should be a toll free rether than spending money for network providers or is DSTV a shareholder with this network provider?

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by KINDA2: 9:57am On Mar 06, 2013
i experienced the same thing about 2 weeks ago, it was 3days to the expiration of the subscription, if DSTV know they cant do promo they should forget about cos no one is asking them for one.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by surawilly(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Lack of competition noni
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2013
Dstv na wash. They need strong competition. Hitv ought to have been a strong competition,but mismanagement killed it. We are at the mercy of the shylock of dstv for now..
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by olaposer(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2013
I have only been hearing it that dstv do disconnect before their subscription is expired but in my own case thet always give me exra 2days after my subscription expired more than 2 occasions so, one man's food is another man's poison
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by fankasibe: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2013
Thank God for STAR TIMES and GO TV. Bleep DSTV
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by systemz(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2013
iamswizz: chai, first to.....

we rep 'star times'... who get time for dish

All these south African companies like EmptyHen,dstv, fashola etc. fit give person heart ache
Lol, so Fashola follow SA companies!
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Melahou(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2013
they have done it to me like 5 times in a month...but what i do is that i just stay on a particular channel for like 5mins
then it will b restored automatically without calling or doing anything.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by ochukoccna: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Melahou: they have done it to me like 5 times in a month...but what i do is that i just stay on a particular channel for like 5mins
then it will b restored automatically without calling or doing anything.
@ op, It used to happen to me for like 3/4 months running
Sometimes even with 2-3 weeks to the subscription expiring
But like you said, I wish there was a serious competitor and a good alternative to switch to.
That is the key
On the other hand, the above tip by Melahou does work provided your account is still active
I stumbled upon it during one of my customer care phone rants grin grin

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by cmpunk: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2013
kayusbrown: I observed recently that Super sport SELECT (Channel 233) has disappeared from the channel list. Has anyone observed the same? I'll like to know if it is a general problem or probably something is wrong with the decoder.

Are u on ku-west africa or Ku-africa? I'ld advice u stay on ku-africa.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by kayusbrown(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2013
cmpunk:

Are u on ku-west africa or Ku-africa? I'ld advice u stay on ku-africa.

Not sure. I'll check when I get home in the evening. Thanks.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by DidiLove1: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2013
I had a similar experience which led me to almost bring down their Surulere office. Their customer care rep eventually told me that it's a fallout of the 10% discount promo. The software meant to credit subscribers with the discount amount is not running as smoothly as expected. Bottom line is forget the promo and pay your regular subscription fees. DSTV is whack!
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by emailadayo: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2013
SUCCEED!:
Hello all,

For the 3rd time in 3 months, DSTV has disconnected me from the service 3 days before the date my subscription is supposed to expire.

When it happened the first time I ignored it. It happened again the second, I called their customer care lines (08039003788 and 012703232) severally but I was never attended to after being on the call for several minutes, however, I complained when I went to renew my subscription and they said they will rectify the problem. Now for the 3rd time, it has happened again. I wish there was a serious competitor and a good alternative to switch to.

I'm sure I'm not the only subscriber experiencing this denial of service, I have read in this forum someone complaining about this. I noticed, this problem started the first month I benefited from their 10% discount promo on subscription renewal before expiration.

Is any other person experiencing this problem? Pls. lets bring this to the attention of their management, I have sent an email since 2 days without any feedback.
This is exactly what happened to me, I called and called, I spent 10 -25 mins every time i called but they could not resolve it, they will tell me my account is active and they ll reconnect me, but after some hours it will be disconnected. it been happening for the past 3 months, now i let it expire and left it for some days before subscribing, hopefully it wont happen this month.
I Hate DSTV, but no alternative.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by emailadayo: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2013
SUCCEED!:
Hello all,

This is exactly what happened to me, I called and called, I spent 10 -25 mins every time i called but they could not resolve it, they will tell me my account is active and they ll reconnect me, but after some hours it will be disconnected. it been happening for the past 3 months, now i let it expire and left it for some days before subscribing, hopefully it wont happen this month.
I Hate DSTV, but no alternative.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Lachynos2k2(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2013
what is dstv?
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by deeplo(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2013
na wa o. so ppl still dey subscribe to dstv, when some ppl are watching over 300 channels without dropping anything. God will provide for una wey dey pay oooo

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by steffans(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2013
My Nigerian Channels alwz go off...come bck afta some days...I.e ait,nta,channels,mitv etc
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by mysticgal(f): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2013
if dstv fail,abeg switch over to hitv atleast they are trying an...d hitv is affordable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels / Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / How To Register An NGO In Nigeria +(Business Name & Limited Liability)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.