Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday (28902 Views)

BVN: Banks Engage Law Firm To Appeal Court Ruling / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Adesiji77: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2015
Bank customers that are unable to obtain their bank verification numbers (BVNs) before the close of business this Friday would not be able to operate such accounts as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has ruled out another extension of the deadline, which expires this Friday.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in collaboration with the Bankers’ Committee had introduced the BVN on February 14, 2014. The initiative was aimed at ensuring unique identity for all bank customers and other users of financial services in the country by the use of the customers’ biometrics as means of identification.

At the expiration of the initial estimated 18 months after the launch, a good number of bank customers were reluctant in registering, which led to commotion and stampede in banking halls across the country towards the end of the previous deadline. That confusion necessitated the call for the extension of the registration dateline by four months to October 31.

Data from the Nigeria Interbank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS), showed that 20,833,635 bank customers had enrolled as at October 25, 2015.

"Given the tradition of multiple accounts holding by an average Nigerian, which could be conservatively estimated at about two or three per an account holder, therefore, it could be safely assumed that over 40 million accounts might have been enrolled to BVN," the central bank explained on Thursday

Furthermore, some Nigerian banks’ customers in the diaspora have taken advantage of more facilities provided for enrollment in more locations abroad.

"It is evident that there has been less pressure in banking halls across the country which goes to buttress the fact that a greater percentage of account holders have been enrolled with the exception of those yet to link their accounts to their BVN," the CBN added.

The Deputy Director, Consumer Protection Department at the CBN, Mrs. Khadija Kasim, also urged those yet to be captured to do so before the deadline expires.

“The initial deadline was June 30th before we extended it to end of October. By now we expect all Nigerians to go before the expiration date and get their bank verification number. Please Nigerians, come out and ensure that you are registered for the exercise,” she appealed.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bvn-banks-to-deactivate-unregistered-accounts-as-deadline-expires-friday/224189/ lalasticlala
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ORACLE1975(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2015
K
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ajasbaba(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2015
and how those that help in the fight against boko haram.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by simplemach(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Thank God finished mine yesterday, linked the second account with my ATM card myself.
Just that I dont know how to go about my DYA account. Does it even need a BVN?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Flye: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Ok
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2015
What happen to all the money in the account? And what about peeps who want to open new accounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by sexaddict08(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bvn-banks-to-deactivate-unregistered-accounts-as-deadline-expires-friday/224189/ lalasticlala

Please when did BVN actually started ? People keep saying February 2015, but I did mine December 2014.

This is mere threat though, how can u deactivate my account without giving me my money? Fat lie.
I no go scatter d bank

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by osaslord500(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Dem go prospone am again!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by VickyRotex(f): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Even if they extend it till December, some people will still not register.

osaslord500:
Dem go prospone am again!!

You've not done yours abi? undecided

8 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ajosegabriel(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
havent done the bvn stuff .well , na change dey my account...

4 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by teepsee(f): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2015
I trust Nigerians, they won't do it when it's easy, go to banks today and you will see crowed. Yet we blame everything on government

4 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Lilprincey(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Make dem de-activate am my account balance dey like JAMB score..#last-minute rush

9 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Aitee1: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2015
undecided
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God finished mine yesterday, linked the second account with my ATM card myself.
Just that I dont know how to go about my DYA account. Does it even need a BVN?

How do you link account with atmosphere? Is it all banks that have that option?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by mrhipup(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
I've got mine so no worries
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by winetapper: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
What about those not in the country

Deactivated asin if I come back I won't use it again?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nziwujo(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
Seen next please
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by powerfulsettingz: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
jnrbayano:

There's no money in there I am sure
Mayb u are right
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by osaslord500(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Even if they extend it till December, some people will still not register.

You've not done yours abi? undecided

I have done mine
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ajosegabriel(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
teepsee:
J
J ke??
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Princecalm(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Banks today will still be like a market.. That's Nigerians for you.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by WailingWailer00(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Nonsense

Buhari is a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by kasmail(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Ki won ma try rubbish yen oo, ma little change in d acct matter to me o.. Btw that extension period don end? Yeeeeeh! How time flies.
Waste no time in ur life, every seconds matter.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by bebe2(f): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
I did mine wit access bank in march, still don't have the number.

I used my naija number which may sometimes not recieve msges wen am out of the country.

What do i do?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by kennyman2000(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
They can go ahead
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by NaijaOptimist: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Issorrite
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ikorodureporta: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Me i neva connect my accounts......I hope dis BVN wnt increase crime rate by those 'stalking' our accts., & tracing our homes. We all know tht most money-related crimes frm banks emanate frm insiders. How secured are we? -b4 i link-up my accounts!

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by 4stylz: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
They should close it permanently if they wish

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by shut(f): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2015
whoever came up with this sick initiative obviously didn't use his head at all;what about those outside the country,
what happens to my money then undecided
pffffft! i don't care anyway

4 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by free2ryhme: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2015
Abeg make we hear word jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Dips Against Dollar / How To Sell A Business Idea To A Company / Ifeanyi Ubah At World Cup In Russia: "A Win For France Is A Win For Africa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.