Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires (14226 Views)

When Does A Cheque Expires In Nigeria Banks / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by EzePromoe: 11:12am On Mar 06, 2013
Na this kind cheating wey make God send fire from above to their studios. angry
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by EzePromoe: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2013
Because they have the best programmes, that is why they take advantage of it to cheat Nigerians.
South Africans are really not hiding their hatred for Nigerians.
If the best thing someone can offer to you is MTN and DStv, is it not better to offer us hell fire angry
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by gratiaeo(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2013
DSTV ko'
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by femolahlah: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2013
so you are one of the people steeling from DSTV, this is not too good. how will you feel if you own a coy and some people are trying to run it down ? atleast for the sake of families that feeds from there please lets fear God, subscription is by choice not a force. if you can not afford to subscribe then dont steel, local channels are there.
deeplo: na wa o. so ppl still dey subscribe to dstv, when some ppl are watching over 300 channels without dropping anything. God will provide for una wey dey pay oooo
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Frostyzone(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2013
mysticgal: if dstv fail,abeg switch over to hitv atleast they are trying an...d hitv is affordable.

HiTV is no longer operational.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by souleymon(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
SPIFF: My is the other way round. My subscription was renewed without making payment. I planned renewing it last Monday but since they have done it for me. lemme enjoy the awoof while it lasts.

Bro Your Money would be [size=18pt]deducted[/size] when you make next payment ooo
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by groovie(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
femolahlah: so you are one of the people steeling from DSTV, this is not too good. how will you feel if you own a coy and some people are trying to run it down ? atleast for the sake of families that feeds from there please lets fear God, subscription is by choice not a force. if you can not afford to subscribe then dont steel, local channels are there.

bro am sure uve not heard about free to air satellite tv channels. i think dats wat he is talking about
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Tuns71: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
groovie:

bro am sure uve not heard about free to air satellite tv channels. i think dats wat he is talking about
Nop. He is talking of dongle boxes (pirated channels) not FTA.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Valto(m): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
in the eastern and some southern part of nigeria,no one sends dstv....metrodigital is far better and much cheaper...just 3500 per month and u will watch classic movies and all the whole matches live

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by gbadexy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
Sure they to it to ♍ƺ too.
They send message that the subscription date would be due when I still have a month subscription left.
I e-mail them and they rectify it.
But they keep doing that mistake every month and its when one does bulk payment.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by anitank(f): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
SPIFF: My is the other way round. My subscription was renewed without making payment. I planned renewing it last Monday but since they have done it for me. lemme enjoy the awoof while it lasts.
You better go and renew your subscription else ur account will forward-bill and go into debit.
DSTV doesn't give u anything for free cheesy
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by anitank(f): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
kayusbrown: I observed recently that Super sport SELECT (Channel 233) has disappeared from the channel list. Has anyone observed the same? I'll like to know if it is a general problem or probably something is wrong with the decoder.
Your decoder is probably in "DSTV West Africa" but shld be in "KU Africa".
Press the "TV" button on ur decoder remote control, select "KU Africa" from the options u'd see, then press "OK". Ur super sports select shld show after u do this

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by AroComputerCe(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Startimes remain my favourite.The subscription is very easy. You renew on your phone. I do not have complain against them.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by anitank(f): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Melahou: they have done it to me like 5 times in a month...but what i do is that i just stay on a particular channel for like 5mins
then it will b restored automatically without calling or doing anything.
Anytime it happens, just leave ur decoder on chanel 154 for a few minutes, it will come back on. Chanel 157 for N1500 subscribers
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by anitank(f): 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Please anytime this happens and u can't reach the customer care, leave ur decoder on chanel 154 for a few minutes

Alternatively, with ur mobile phone text RA and the first ten digits of ur smart card number to 30333. Eg RA 4265352869 to 30333. Note that "RA" are in capital letters. Ur decoder shld be on chanel 154 wen doing this. Chanel 157 for those that pay N1500

This can only work if u're sure u have an active account and was disconnected before ur due date

And if all of the above does not work, call 08033355556, I just might be there to attend to my nairalanders cheesy

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by tonididdy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dont waste your money on Dthieves...get a dongle for as low as 40k and enjoy dstv,mytv,nss7 premium packages 4free.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by sandilo: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
They do it to me every month and I am sick and tired of going to their office in Abuja and calling their customer care each time it happens. They will apologise and promise it will never happen again, but na lie!

I got a call 2 days ago to tell me my subscription would expire on d 6th of March, after looking at my account, d lady apologised and said it would expire on d 19th (which is d correct date). This morning, my account was suspended, I called customer care to complain, they rectified it and apologised (already sick of d apologies) and it started working again while we were still talking until about 1pm today. Since then, I have called, sent msg to 30333 and put it on channel 154 but nothing has happened. I will go to their office in Abuja soon if nothing happens in d next hour. I don't blame DSTV, na me give dem money. If only d guys at Hitv behave.......
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by deelobe: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
And call will solve it but I told them when it happened to me especially since it's a frequent occurrence its a sign of their gross incompetence. May that prayer that a strong competitor come forth be heard.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by onyxo76(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
it happens to me always. i once posted something like in jan but it never made front page. i any case what i do is leave my decoder on 209 then use 30333 method and it is restored in seconds.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by buJu234: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
i had similar experience abt 3times within 2 wks; and i have a one yr subscription.

i went to their office in VI do u knw what they said; they said it didnt go off...

I jst shake my head; and i said i dont blame u; Its the stupid Nigerian govt. that gave u bloody South-Africans the power to come and
control our industries that i blame. what will i do. in fact am currently looking for a good option.

Oh HiTv where are thou??

i have sent a mail to 30333 for gud 3 times; they took my 60 naira but no show; can u imagine dont bother calling their mobile ooo.. it will waste ur credit...
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by oyinmio: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Even though February was 28days they still counted it as one month. The subscription is to run for 30days. They cheat their customers. No trust at all.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by EzePromoe: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
femolahlah: so you are one of the people steeling from DSTV, this is not too good. how will you feel if you own a coy and some people are trying to run it down ? atleast for the sake of families that feeds from there please lets fear God, subscription is by choice not a force. if you can not afford to subscribe then dont steel, local channels are there.
Like seriously?
So its possible to steal from DStv?
Come on, give me the secret and stop talking like a South African angry

Revenge Mission Loading......
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by dulphines: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
deeplo: na wa o. so ppl still dey subscribe to dstv, when some ppl are watching over 300 channels without dropping anything. God will provide for una wey dey pay oooo

Hint me bro, i'll love to enjoy this 300 free channels. Inbox me man!!
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by lozanni(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
SUCCEED!:
Hello all,

For the 3rd time in 3 months, DSTV has disconnected me from the service 3 days before the date my subscription is supposed to expire.

When it happened the first time I ignored it. It happened again the second, I called their customer care lines (08039003788 and 012703232) severally but I was never attended to after being on the call for several minutes, however, I complained when I went to renew my subscription and they said they will rectify the problem. Now for the 3rd time, it has happened again. I wish there was a serious competitor and a good alternative to switch to.

I'm sure I'm not the only subscriber experiencing this denial of service, I have read in this forum someone complaining about this. I noticed, this problem started the first month I benefited from their 10% discount promo on subscription renewal before expiration.

Is any other person experiencing this problem? Pls. lets bring this to the attention of their management, I have sent an email since 2 days without any feedback.

angry This was what happened to me yesterday night !!! I had rushed home to watch the Man U. Versus Real Madrid match only to find out that my account had been suspended, five days before the expiration of my subscription angry
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by tonididdy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
dulphines:

Hint me bro, i'll love to enjoy this 300 free channels. Inbox me man!!
goto dsthieves office lol
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by tashanja(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
Its been happening to me for over six months and I usually report to their office and get reconnected, then will it repeat again and again every 24hrs for at least 3-4days before it settles untill the next monthly circle.
Last month they even sent me repeated text & e-mail alerts on different days confirming my subscrition expiry date, which later proved wrong and misleading because I was subsequently disconnected only to find out that my subscription had actually expired 2days earlier and not as they had advised me. For their own mistake, I therefore had to pay the additional penalty (of 1k for the full premiunm bouquet @ 11k instead of the discounted 10k bonus rate)for subscribing late - though it wasn't my fault at all.
This month I am not paying on time, even if I wanted, because I am attending some conferences and wouldn't have time; so I'll have to wait till next month to see what will happen.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
bros. most likely u have an outstanding of abt 1k if its premium. why not find out and pay in full then monitor it and see. i have been with them since 1999 when sub was 2500 and i havent had any issues. abt ssselect, its still on. check ur bouquet list.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by kayusbrown(m): 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
anitank:
Your decoder is probably in "DSTV West Africa" but shld be in "KU Africa".
Press the "TV" button on ur decoder remote control, select "KU Africa" from the options u'd see, then press "OK". Ur super sports select shld show after u do this

You're right. Just changed it now and super sports select is back. Thanks.
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by sentoms: 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
I call every month since d 10% cheating started. And they beg me all d time. Its annoying when you come back late at night, and d E16 rubbish on ur screen.no customer care @ dat time. The other I called to complain, then d lady started advertising Atm, pos payment option on top my credit. Omo I spark for her before she park well answer my E16 jagons
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by davinchi(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2013
kayusbrown: I observed recently that Super sport SELECT (Channel 233) has disappeared from the channel list. Has anyone observed the same? I'll like to know if it is a general problem or probably something is wrong with the decoder.

its not a general prob cos mine dey show.na there i watch UEFA match yesterday
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by mrdrizzy(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
he didnt actually say he was stealing from dstv.lols.he only said u can get over 300channels free using some dropbox/decoder/cables/frequencies that aljazzera sat(saudi arabia showtime) offer more channels dan dis dstv..dat comapny forms too much..thank GOD for the innovation of Qtv-PLUS.where i can watch all league matches(even more dan dstv) and also have some cool entertainment channels with the help of aljaeera/sportnet and MBC.ppl in abj,nassarawa,minna u knw what i mean*winks*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed / Naira Dips To N490/$ As CBN Seeks End To Black Market / Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.