Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires (14227 Views)

When Does A Cheque Expires In Nigeria Banks / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by davinchi(m): 9:58am On Mar 07, 2013
Lachynos2k2: what is dstv?
dstv is a bomb manufacturing company in borno with branches in kaduna,kano etc
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by mrdrizzy(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2013
tonididdy: Dont waste your money on Dthieves...get a dongle for as low as 40k and enjoy dstv,mytv,nss7 premium packages 4free.
eh! Boss am in gist me of d runs abeg..
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by ijcu(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
kayusbrown: I observed recently that Super sport SELECT (Channel 233) has disappeared from the channel list. Has anyone observed the same? I'll like to know if it is a general problem or probably something is wrong with the decoder.
put on your decoder and use the direction arrows till the table of channels appear then use your volume and channel control to expand your channel 'table ' ...
Re: DSTV Disconnecting Subscribers Before Subscription Expires by tashanja(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2013
al-qaeda:
bros. most likely u have an outstanding of abt 1k if its premium. why not find out and pay in full then monitor it and see. i have been with them since 1999 when sub was 2500 and i havent had any issues. abt ssselect, its still on. check ur bouquet list.

I am also a long standing subscriber and believe me I should know if I am owing; besides its almost impossible to owe them, most especially when your basic complaint is about your subcription - which automatically brings them to check your account every time you lodge such complain.

Well how about this, pls try to explain: I returned from travel yesterday afternoon, knowing fully well that my subscription would have expired, so I went to their office to renew: they checked and confirmed it had indeed expired and that I was also disconnected, so I paid (the full premium amount without the 10% bonus) and went home and commenced watching; by 4.30 am (12 hrs later) I woke up to discover I had already been diconnected as my tv screen was displaying their famous E16-4 error sign for disconnection.

I also recalled yesterday that one of their staff was advising me, he said something like "oga from your appearance I can tell you can afford to miss out on the bonus so my advice is next time let your subscription run out and pay the full premium (like you did today)because this bonus thing is causing a lot of customer problems so avoid it, although our guys at Lagos office are working on it, however, they are doing so in batches, area by area, so wait until they cover your area".

Well, folks is that not what I did yesterday (didn't I forfeited their useless bonus)? So why am I already disconnected in less than 24hrs this morning, after payment.

Bottom line, DSTV has emerged as a monopoly without real competition while the national consumer protection agency NCC watches on doing nothing as this company DSTV contnues to mistreat us, its customers, with the utmost unprofessional insensitivity and impunity.
In the mean time we have very little choice other than to bear the insult and swallow our pride until somebody comes along (no thanks to HiTV) to shake them from their comfort zone or at least NCC decides to do it's job properly. angry Nigeria we hail thee cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Dips To N490/$ As CBN Seeks End To Black Market / Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels / Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.