Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. (745 Views)

INEC Declares Kogi Senatorial Rerun Election Inconclusive / Kogi's Senatorial Appeal: Rerun Ordered! / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2013
A former Kogi Central Senatorial candidate, Alhaji Abdulazeez Bello will soon be arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on charges of impersonation and forgery. Bello , 49, was arrested recently by operatives of the State Security Services, SSS, at the Sheraton Hotels & Towers, Lagos , for impersonating the Director of Operations of the EFCC, Mr. Olaolu Adegbite.
Bello was at the hotel premises to further an advance fee fraud agenda targeted at Mrs Mercy Orji, wife of the Abia State governor, Mr. Theodore Orji. He reportedly posed as the EFCC’s Director of Operations with a fake identity card bearing the name of E. Adegbite .
Reports from the SSS indicated that Bello was arrested on January 27, 2013 while negotiating with some aides of his would-be victim. He was later handed over to the EFCC for prosecution.
At the EFCC’s office, the politician-turned conman said that he was working with certain Nelson Ndukwe and Chuks Offor, both aides of Mrs. Orji to perfect his nefarious agenda of swindling her.
He confessed that he impersonated the EFCC’s Director of Operations. “I’m sorry that I impersonated the Operations Director of the EFCC. I did it to be able to arrest Mrs. Orji’s assistants who are said to be working for her to launder money. It was my first time of doing this. EFCC should help me out of this”, he said.
Bello has made useful statements to the EFCC and will be charged to court soon.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/ex-kogi-senatorial-candidate-to-be-arraigned-for-attempting-to-defraud-abia-first-lady/
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2013
First erastus akinbola , then Otedola , now this . Abeg make dis people no bring their 419 come east o!
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by harmless011: 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
The chap just want to help efcc do their job nah.
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
First erastus akinbola , then Otedola , now this . Abeg make dis people no bring their 419 come east o!

grin
The one in the East is already known internationally, adding 419 to it will make that region extremely disastrous
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Scammer scamming scammer
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by Ngwakwe: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
The fact that Mrs Mercy Orji's aids planned this scam means there is atom of truth in the accusation that she is involved in money laundry.

EFCC should look into this matter critically. We need money to build Aba and here they are packing the scarce resources to the white man's land
Re: Kogi Senatorial Candidate Arrested For Attempted Scam On Abia State First Lady. by miiraaj: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

Guy, you are very funnu oooooo!cheesy . East wey be headquarter of 419, u still get guts to talk like this!

(1) (Reply)

Why I Beleive Pdp Is Boko Haram / Most Unemployed Nigerians Are Unemployable / Two Suicide Bombers Blown-up In Kano.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.