Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye (5917 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:35am On Mar 07, 2013
Originalsly: Wasn't the religious forum created for such stuff? Why is this here...every day?
What and what should we expect here ?
God help us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
I'm an atheist. wink

grin
You mean you do not believe there is God Almighty ?
God help us both
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Orikinla(m): 11:46am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, can anyone do anything for God?

And what does the below have to do with the above...

Yes.
That is why God has messengers.
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:50am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
But the word of God is built on logic. Belief in it is based on faith. If you get the logic wrong, you might get your faith wrong. Sometimes, it's tough to differentiate faith and madness.

Be careful how easily you throw logic out the window. grin

Out.
Logic isn't faith at all !
They are are different and have no resemblance at all ! In logic,you try to use human reasoning but faith teaches believe in the word of God irrespective of ur personal or worldly thought.We have faith in the word of God by hearing and hearing of the word.Our faith does not grow becos of the logic we apply.So long as it's the word of God,we believe.If our father Abraham had applied logic,he would not had listened to God regarding the sacrifice of his only son Isaac.-Logic will ask me to ask pastors to tell me how much they realize every day from tithe but faith in the word of God tells me to believe if it's the word of God. So anything that is the word of God must be believed but logic said i should reason it first. The messiah i follow said i should be like the little children when it comes to the word of God.Children who have to be logical with the things or word of God.
I can no longer use scripture at this point to validate my point or stands concerning my discussions with you. The reason is that you do not belive in what i believe.You do not know God(u said u are an atheist) and has sworn not to know HIM,how then can i present HIS words to you ? My prayer is that God help's you some day to see reasons why u should know HIM and accept HIM as ur creator.
God help us

1 Like

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Logic isn't faith at all !
They are are different and have no resemblance at all ! In logic,you try to use human reasoning but faith teaches believe in the word of God irrespective of ur personal or worldly thought.We have faith in the word of God by hearing and hearing of the word.Our faith does not grow becos of the logic we apply.So long as it's the word of God,we believe.If our father Abraham had applied logic,he would not had listened to God regarding the sacrifice of his only son Isaac.-Logic will ask me to ask pastors to tell me how much they realize every day from tithe but faith in the word of God tells me to believe if it's the word of God. So anything that is the word of God must be believed but logic said i should reason it first. The messiah i follow said i should be like the little children when it comes to the word of God.Children who does not have to be logical with the things or word of God.
I can no longer use scripture at this point to validate my point or stands concerning my discussions with you. The reason is that you do not belive in what i believe.You do not know God(u said u are an atheist) and has sworn not to know HIM,how then can i present HIS words to you ? My prayer is that God help's you some day to see reasons why u should know HIM and accept HIM as ur creator.
God help us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Logic isn't faith at all ! If our father Abraham had applied logic,he would not had listened to God regarding the sacrifice of his only son Isaac.
Like I said earlier, it can be difficult to distinguish faith from madness. wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Like I said earlier, it can be difficult to distinguish faith from madness. wink
To an extent you may be right in the eyes of the carnally minded people! but God uses the foolish things i.e the things you call 'madness' to confound the people who think they are wise or want to get 'wiser' than their creator!''But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong !- 1 Corinthians 5:27.Now this is bible ! But i promised earlier that i will not be quoting scriptures in our discussion.But i still continue to do so becos it has got the answer for all things and is capable of convicting you and bring you closer to ur creator !Muskeeto,God loves you and HE cares for you !
God help us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by pure123: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
Can the OP or whoever post Pastor Adeboye's daily devitional stop please? you are leading more of these guys to hell........cos your reason for posting these topics is for it to minister to them, but since you have seen that it has no impact rather people blasphem more.. please STOP....let those that can afford d OPEN HEAVEN buy and read it themselves.

GOD WILL FORGIVE US ALL
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
pure123: Can the OP or whoever post Pastor Adeboye's daily devitional stop please? you are leading more of these guys to hell........cos your reason for posting these topics is for it to minister to them, but since you have seen that it has no impact rather people blasphem more.. please STOP....let those that can afford d OPEN HEAVEN buy and read it themselves.

GOD WILL FORGIVE US ALL
Anything God you post here or any where,people will always antagonize or attack either you the OP,the message or the messenger or even God ! But it's allowed cos we have got our free will to either accept or reject God,HIS message and HIS messengers !
See below scripture of word the word does to the unsaved and even the save :
''For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.''-Hebrew 4:12 See also what we do not wish even our enemies :
John 12:48 ''There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day''
May we not be condemned on the last days in Jesus name.
God help us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Upspace: 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
In fact, He pointed out that they had not even utilised the opportunity they had to ask in His Name (John 15:24)[/b].

That should be (John 16:24)[b]
. God bless the man of God.
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
Upspace: In fact, He pointed out that they had not even utilised the opportunity they had to ask in His Name (John 15:24)[/b].

That should be (John 16:24)[b]
. God bless the man of God.
True talk upspace !
''Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.''
May God help us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by UnknownMember: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
I strongly believe that this new trend of posting ADEBOYEs self-enriching propaganda on the Frontpage of Nairaland would be the death of this sight...

RCCG has a website, why not leave his messages there!?

If this is a new trend, why not find one Islamic scholar (which I am sure Maclatunji would know some of them) and post their messages as well on the Frontpage. Whilst you are at it, don't leave out the Jehovah's witnesses, Eckankar and the host of many other religions as well.

Seun needs to reconsider this new move. It is in very bad taste.
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by shordie(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".

With this text there are two main issues that need explanation. First is the idea of doing “whatever your hand finds to do.” Second, what does Solomon mean by telling us that we are going to "the realm of the dead, where there is “no work or knowledge or thought or wisdom”? How does this help us work with all our might, as the verse tells us?

“Whatever your hand finds to do . . .”

We see this phrase appear in a couple of other places in the Old Testament. Judges 9:33 reads, “Then in the morning, as soon as the sun is up, rise early and rush upon the city. And when he and the people who are with him come out against you, you may do to them as your hand finds to do”. Then, in 1 Samuel 10:6–7 Samuel tells Saul, “Then the Spirit of the LORD will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you”.

The idea expressed here isn't to do whatever we want to do. This would ignore the reality of our fallen nature and the fact that not all our desires are holy. At the same time, it does affirm our legitimate and righteous desires.

While God is sovereign, we aren't puppets attached to strings. We have thoughts, affections, emotions, and a will. We make decisions and take action based on these. At some point, we have to entrust them to the Lord and do what our hands find to do.

Another way of understanding this phrase is to do “whatever you are able to do” with what is right in front of you. If you’re a student, apply yourself to your studies. If you’re a stay-at-home mom, apply yourself to your kids and the host of other responsibilities you have. If you’re occupied, work as hard and as smartly as you can. For everyone, seek God through Christ now. Don’t wait. Pray, read your Bible, get involved with a Jesus-loving, Bible-believing church, and share Jesus with others.

That being said, don’t be consumed about what you’re going to do one day, at some undisclosed point in the future, putting off what you should do today, because none of us is guaranteed a tomorrow.

While some will want to tease out implications for afterlife from this verse, the reality is Ecclesiastes is poetic, and the author is not interested in commenting on the doctrines of heaven and hell but rather speaking to the shared human condition of death. The point is this: life is short, we all die. As John Piper says, don’t waste your life.

Understanding that we will all die drastically affects how we live our lives today. Nothing follows us into the grave. Naked we came, and naked we go. The Bible teaches us that, as unpleasant as this thought is, it’s absolutely necessary to live a life for God today. C. S. Lewis once wrote that “the Present is the point at which time touches eternity.” Rather than focusing on temporal things, we must focus on eternal things. And by doing so, the Bible promises God will take care of us. As Jesus teaches, “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

Living in light of the earthly grave compels us to live in the moment that God has given us. It shatters our pipe dreams and unrealistic visions of any future that doesn't depend on Christ’s cross and forces us into the present, into dependence upon God and his Spirit and what he is doing in us and those around us—now. It frees us to live a life completely devoted to God rather than to things that will pass away.
Colossians 3:23–24
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.
May God help us all.[/font]
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Unknown Member: I strongly believe that this new trend of posting ADEBOYEs self-enriching propaganda on the Frontpage of Nairaland would be the death of this sight...

RCCG has a website, why not leave his messages there!?

If this is a new trend, why not find one Islamic scholar (which I am sure Maclatunji would know some of them) and post their messages as well on the Frontpage. Whilst you are at it, don't leave out the Jehovah's witnesses, Eckankar and the host of many other religions as well.

Seun needs to reconsider this new move. It is in very bad taste.
It's not bad at all !
If it's the word of God,then let's have it here !
The only one who can say whether he/she want's it (word of God) here or not is the owner of this site ! -Seun.
Just as God gave you ur life and allows u to control it i.e whether to hear HIS word or not to hear his word .So has Seun been given this site,allowed to controls it himself and decides whether he will continue to allow God's word or not to allow God's word here !I
May God help us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
u do realise Seun's is also an atheist, right?
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto: u do realise Seun's is also an atheist, right?
Muskeeto my brother,so long a time !I dnt know if Seun is an atheist or not But what i know and am 100 percent sure is that God created him and allowed him-Seun to own and operate this site.Whether he believes it or not,he is a child of God unless he has decided to run away from his father-God Almighty the creator of heavens and earth ! Muskeeto,Jesus loves u,including all other atheists.
May God help us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by farem: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
musKeeto: Like I said earlier, people have to take the quote in context...

Does GOD need anyone to do anything for HIM?

John 15:5
wink
IT WILL TAKE SOUND MIND [AND NOT ONE ONE WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE ACCUSER-SATAN] TO UNDERSTAND THE VERY SIMPLE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS. 'Go ye unto the world..', 'Do good unto all especially to those of the household...', 'And many will say unto me when did we see you and naked and clothed you...' All these and many more are done for God. It's unfortunate that when the mind itself refuses to be renewed by the Word, anything good falling on it will be corrupted.
Kindly allow people to enter the Kingdom of God and not stopping them with this demonic arguements & stupidity you call 'wisdom'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Role Of Miracles, Signs And Wonders In The Church / Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? / "Is Allah Like You?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.