Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? (26485 Views)

Advice Me: I Am Sleeping With My Brother’s Wife And She Doesn’t Want It To Stop / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by patholaw: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
this is super story... grin grin
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by beejay4all(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
You can are 2 much here i really Luv ur advice 2 dis Man hope it will take it just dat way.Thank u all.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by mymadam(m): 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawole oladipo: Dear Colleagues,

...OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

From Safejourney, Ajah, Lagos

I'm sure that you have not told us 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth'. However, your rant, ..."OR to tell her to leave my brother's house?" is unbelievable garbage! You want to evict her from her home? This is simply adding insult to her injury. Repent, buddy, repent! Shikena. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by 1121: 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
This issue is a very critical one that has to be treated with caution. I understand the woman's situation as it is human to have such desire 4 intimacy or som1 with whom she can 'share' her feelings, considering the age she got married. I will advice u not to be far from her as she needs ur company, only that u must know ur limit and avoid being together alone behind a closed door. Render her financial help within ur ability and link her up with any single, widower or divorcee friend of urs that may show interest. I would have advised u marry her, but it is against ur belief. u must be careful because the aftermath of marrying may go far beyond what u can see at the moment.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hope u have a jnr brother too sha?
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by mu2sa2: 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
This man's dilemma shows that the practice of polygamy sometimes has a human face. If he marries the woman both the woman and her children will be better of. Polygamy has been with us since creation and will never go away. This man should marry the woman if he so desires since the woman is interested in him. There's too much hypocrisy about polygamy - the man preaching one-wife-only would often have a wife and be having numerous affairs with other women! What do we call that?

6 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Costa2000(m): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
gboss4sure: 2 Question.

1. How sure am i that you are not the one that killed your bros?.

2. How sure are you that your bros wife didn't kill him because of you.
Noooooo now,no need for those questions,how can someone kill his senior brother just to marry the wife?.
@Op dont marry ur senior brothers wife b/c you are a christian and a married man.Dont stop helping her and her children the little way u can.
I pray that God will continue to Bless you and your late brothers family.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by declem(m): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
mymadam:

I'm sure that you have not told us 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth'. However, your rant, ..."OR to tell her to leave my brother's house?" is unbelievable garbage! You want to evict her from her home? This is simply adding insult to her injury. Repent, buddy, repent! Shikena. God bless Nigeria.
u r mad
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by sholay2011(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji: Eyah. If you were a Muslim, I would have said consider marrying her. She wants a man and has set her eyes on you. No woman would like a co-wife so I understand your wife's position too.

To be honest marrying her sorts out many problems. If we say she should go and look for her own man, what will happen to your neices and nephews?

Talk to your wife about it, who knows she may have the heart of a saint. However, is your ex-brother's wife a decent woman? Can she relate with your wife with respect?

Your story is one of the reasons I can't claim 100% that polygamy is out of the question for me even if I prefer monogamy.

It is a tough call.
Tough call indeed...your view is quite myopic and comic(maybe due to ur religious beliefs). Why should marrying your ELDER BROTHER'S WIFE be a tough call? What were you thinking? Can't you set her on a date with one of your friends you can comfortably say can help her from her 'misery'? Must it be you?! Must it be you that would shoulder all your 'brother's responsibilities' up to 'bedroom ones'? So kind of you...but stewwwpeedd.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by mekaboy(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
gbosaa: In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

Why would you evict them from their own house,the house was started by her late husband[your brother]so should be for her and her children even though you and your family helped to complete.did you do that to help his widow and kids or as a plan to take over ownership...some things are not quite right here,im not in support of polygamy but if you,your wife and kids,your late brothers wife and kids are ok with that,why not give it a go.

The idea of sending them away from a house initiated by their husband and dad isnt nice..something tells me your late brothers account might,ve been accessed by your family,what happened to his business if he had one,money in the bank and other assets??

You are very correct. Its not about the woman, its about the house, he sees his brothers house as his. And I assume he has taken over most of his brothers cash. Why is he thinking of sending a woman with 5 kids out of her husbands house.

So for ur mind its either u send her out of the house and take it fully or marry her to take ownership. Becareful how u treat that widow before GOD vex for u.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
karpentar:

So after gathering all the suggestions from here, he'll go and do what? Commit adultery? He's just an adult babe, childishly seeking for excuses to cheat on his wife.

This's the last time I will be replying you because it's apparent I'm talking to a brick wall.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Reference(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
fonssy: Continue to assist her untill she finds another man to marry. Please don't marry her.

Continue to assist what. This is a man dialling 999 that his life is about to go under and you advice him to stay the course until goat leave cassava for kebabs. Okay continue assisting. There will be plenty story for Seun in 2013.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Clairette(f): 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
Adanyebe: IF YOU LIKE MARRY YOUR LATE BROTHER'S JUNIOR SISTER'S COUSIN'S PARENT

Oh dear! You've made my evening. I can't laugh enough.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by masks(m): 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yield: You've a good heart, Sir. Keep it up. I don't really know what to advice right now ...whether you should marry her or not. Only you can really decide what's best anyway. But definately, don't stop helping and caring for her and don't avoid her like the poster above me said. You're both adults and shouldn't resort to avoiding her. Communicate.
. Yield, the reason I actually said that is for him to avoid being tempted to bring forth a child with her. Besides he did mention he had a wife.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Legalplayerz: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Kinda complicated, but don't stop helping her out. Forget about marrying her, cos it's only gonna make things worse for your own family. Just take care of her and the kids.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by stpat1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
gbosaa: In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

Why would you evict them from their own house,the house was started by her late husband[your brother]so should be for her and her children even though you and your family helped to complete.did you do that to help his widow and kids or as a plan to take over ownership...some things are not quite right here,im not in support of polygamy but if you,your wife and kids,your late brothers wife and kids are ok with that,why not give it a go.

The idea of sending them away from a house initiated by their husband and dad isnt nice..something tells me your late brothers account might,ve been accessed by your family,what happened to his business if he had one,money in the bank and other assets??

You are bloody MUGU, did he say he wanted to evict them from the house? He say if she wants to remarry she could leave the house and go. Do you expect her to marry a man and bring him to stay in that house. I wonder why some you don't use your brains at all. After all to whom brain is given at least small sense is expected.

Back to you jare poster, I strongly advice that you don't marry her. in fact it will be advisable to keep your distance from her but not your care. If she wants to remarry, she is free to do that while the children can continue to stay in the house and be taken care of.

Don't let her break your home.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by vision2050: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Is MTN lying about ''delight data offer''? I
recharge 1000 naira with the aim of
receiving 260MB to my disappoint I only
received 160MB, they sent a message to
me about the 260MB, but went I check it
with *559# I only find less than 150MB
though i used some of it when
browsing...... Is this a scam?? Can
someone explain better to me?
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by coolheed: 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is what I can call a 'DILEMMA' and the concerns I have is that how many bachelors (even widowers) will be willing to marry a widow of 5 children? Even widowers are looking for spinsters (or at best virgins). It is not funny, it is reality. In Islam, it is totally ACCEPTABLE to marry your late brother's wife and we are not apologetic about this in as much as there is mutual consent.

Just as Maclatunji advised, one of the options would have been for you to marry her but this has pros and cons which needs to be carefully weighed before diving into.

Because, you are a Christian, I guess the practice is monogamy and therefore you must leave her to get another person to marry so you are out of her re-marriage equation.

Albeit though, there are some things that you MUST take caution over, if you don't want to regret.
1. Do not be intimate with this woman because she may be desperate to have you. I don't know how decent she is and at the same time I don't know what her melting point is because she is not used to being lonely and she is in love with your family. Remember "ADULTERY is EVIL which open doors to greater EVILS";
2. Don't abandon the responsibility of providing for her and her children;
3. Visit her only in company of your wife as this will create a shield to avoid any unholy/ugly scene; and
4. Pray and fast for God's guidance.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
see una just dey give d guy advice sef... make him try am na
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by wwwkaycom(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
alala dakosta:

I LOG IN JUST TO LIKE YOUR COMMENT.

N:B= if you are below 25 stay off this thread.this is not tonto dike or wiz kid thread.
lt is also not a for apple, b for beans etc
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by informatix: 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
yes you can marry her if no e you kill ur. Bro. Sorry pls. no offence just hallucinating.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
mu2sa2: This man's dilemma shows that the practice of polygamy sometimes has a human face. If he marries the woman both the woman and her children will be better of. Polygamy has been with us since creation and will never go away. This man should marry the woman if he so desires since the woman is interested in him. There's too much hypocrisy about polygamy - the man preaching one-wife-only would often have a wife and be having numerous affairs with other women! What do we call that?

You are right. However, there has to be a lot of caution. I would prefer if the widow waived most of the rights a typical second wife would demand be met and be satisfied with the man's care and a reasonable amount of affection that can keep her focused on her 5 children who are her primary constituency. She keeps the house with her kids and has the man's ear when she needs it. So far, I think she has been decent, let us hope things work out well.

The man should never sleep with her if he has not married her. That would be a betrayal of his own family, neices and nephews and his late brother.

If he marries her, he can go ahead. His own wife will be very upset if she is clingy but if she is a wise woman won't object overly and only demand that her position and that of her kids be respected.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sorry, double post.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by achovirux(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
As a christian and ur married pls don't marry here cos christianity dnt support 2wives.rather advice her to marry another but contiue helping her.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by stpat1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
vision2050:
Is MTN lying about ''delight data offer''? I
recharge 1000 naira with the aim of
receiving 260MB to my disappoint I only
received 160MB, they sent a message to
me about the 260MB, but went I check it
with *559# I only find less than 150MB
though i used some of it when
browsing...... Is this a scam?? Can
someone explain better to me?

Guy throw away your sim if you are satisfied with what you're getting. Besides is that what is being discussed here?
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
sholay2011:
Tough call indeed...your view is quite myopic and comic(maybe due to ur religious beliefs). Why should marrying your ELDER BROTHER'S WIFE be a tough call? What were you thinking? Can't you set her on a date with one of your friends you can comfortably say can help her from her 'misery'? Must it be you?! Must it be you that would shoulder all your 'brother's responsibilities' up to 'bedroom ones'? So kind of you...but stewwwpeedd.

Hahaha, you do think you are intelligent. This case is quite unique. If the lady had like 3 kids, we could say, they can be split into 2. This man takes charge of 2 and the woman cares for one and look for a new husband that will accept her.

However with 5 children, that is a whole lifetime of care and for some of us sex is not just had freely, it should be had within marriage, that is what decent people do (no apologies).
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2013
stpat1:

You are bloody MUGU, did he say he wanted to evict them from the house? He say if she wants to remarry she could leave the house and go. Do you expect her to marry a man and bring him to stay in that house. I wonder why some you don't use your brains at all. After all to whom brain is given at least small sense is expected.

Back to you jare poster, I strongly advice that you don't marry her. in fact it will be advisable to keep your distance from her but not your care. If she wants to remarry, she is free to do that while the children can continue to stay in the house and be taken care of.

Don't let her break your home.

Who would take care of the kids? Those kids are now his responsibility and that of other siblings if he has any independent of their relationship with their mother.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by emiye(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please dont marry her, it is normal for her to feel lonely and possibly h.o.r.ny, at times like this,if you are not careful, you can make certain mistakes in the name of pity. Try and see her often in the presence of your wife. In fact let your wife take a greater friendship role with her.

At 39 years, the widow can survive, taking solace in the five lovely kids she has.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Originalsly: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bro...I think you are jumping to conclusion. You said she started talking to you often after the burial. She no longer has a husband, a companion, a friend nor someone to help her get over the loss. You are the person she is comfortable with, the person to heal her emotional wounds. I think for that reason she said it is not only about money.Also talking on the fone is not as consoling to her as meeting face to face.She may be feeling lonely and abandoned since you don't visit her. I guess with this in mind she is making a desperate plea since with five children she can't even consider finding someone to marry and comfort her. I think you should arrange to spend a weekend with her and at least...find out her position instead of jumping to conclusion. If it is what you fear then you can softly tell her you understand but can't entertain the thought since you are committed to your hmmm...wife...ehmmm..."housewife"...whatever.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2013

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

Dont be silly, are you thinking with your d1.ck?

If you werent married, then you could marry her. Your late brother would have been happy you did.

Since you are married, take care of your family. Advice her to remarry in order to tame her emotions.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2013

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

Dont be silly, are you thinking with your d1.ck?

If you werent married, then you could marry her. Your late brother would have been happy you did.

Since you are married, take care of your family. Advice her to remarry in order to tame her emotions.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yield: You've a good heart, Sir. Keep it up. I don't really know what to advice right now ...whether you should marry her or not. Only you can really decide what's best anyway. But definately, don't stop helping and caring for her and don't avoid her like the poster above me said. You're both adults and shouldn't resort to avoiding her. Communicate.

With all due respect, you are totally unrealistic like most ladies who ride on their emotions, burrying their heads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Made Her Fall In Love With Me / Is It Normal For A Male Virgin To Have Wet Dreams? / Secondary School Girls Are Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.