Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States (24120 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by nzeaji(m): 6:57am On Mar 10, 2013
This embassy wahala is not just peculiar to the one in the United States, it is even worse here at the embassy in Canada. cry cry

Anyways, don't worry peeps. Uncle Jona is putting together a presidential special committee to look into the matter. grin grin grin
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by ebunma: 7:11am On Mar 10, 2013
We are the same Nigerians what do you expect? Well, if the Chinese buyer are ready don't let us do it in Nigerian way o, I need my share badly.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by hassey(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: I blame idiagbon
u must b insane, ao is dis idiagbon fault, is it because idiagbon is ur country president now. Gudluck shud b blaim for ds, cus he elected all d heads of d embassy's. And also is very much aware of d coruptions dat as bin goin on in d embassy's
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by danny301: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2013
The story is worst in Malaysia... In Malaysia after paying the processing fees for passport renewal online you will be asked to pay additional 200 ringgit(equivalent of 65 dollar) to another account using ATM. The embassy officials here are too disgusting. Even if you have any problem with your school, they will not be there for you rather they would for ways to aggravate the matter.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by alphaconde(m): 7:29am On Mar 10, 2013
I don't think it is give up situation becuase the private sector here are far more agile and yet its the same nigerians that operate both sectors so allow me to trace the problem to LEADERSHIP and VISIONLESSNESS
Alpha Conde
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by metti(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2013
shocked shocked
pato405: ..But that's what makes them NIGERIANS. hate it or leave it...NIGERIA will ALWAYS be NIGERIA...anytime, anyday and anywhere

What a comment! Are you saying we can never change our orientation? Some nations were worst than Nigeria but they change their orientation and today they are doing better. I want to belive that you are not a pessimist.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by fagin1982(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2013
strangest: "So the question I am asking is who do we blame for this shenanigan?"

if you ask me, who I go ask??

This is something you see not only in the US embassy but also in other Federal government offices.. It is not a yorouba thing neither is it an Igbo issue. imagine paid graduates standing in front of Immigration Offices looking for who they will SCAM above the normal fee meant for issuance of passport. The other day, a lady at the Power House office wanted me to bribe her so that she will speed up the process when I came to pay my bills. At the post office, a lady there is always eating when attending to clients... We need to start with our selves.. think of what you can do for your country... If I do my job right and you do yours right then we are moving forward

God Bless you Brother...The problem is within us....Let's do things right...We are so much engrossed woth our personal gains in everything we do...An ordinary Nigerian is selfish and greedy...Funny enough we have more religious people in Nigeria...I wish I can stand in as the President for a month...I ll construct more prison yards and courtrooms...God please touch our Hearts to live our everyday lives. Trying to do good and live good

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Phonon: 8:16am On Mar 10, 2013
Why are we Nigerians surprised by this kind of news?We should be used to this by now.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by econome(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2013
NIGERIA IS THE SAME WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT CRIME INTERNALLY OR INTERNATIONALLY

MAYBE BROS J. CAN PAY THEM SURPRISE VISIT TOO grin
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2013
Policewoman: You see where our wahala comes from?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked mamamia la policia!...runing away
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by sammynice(m): 8:45am On Mar 10, 2013
i blame d coconut head staffs ....
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by chidexy(m): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2013
Well, at the Embassy in Berlin, Germany, the situation was chaotic before, but to the surprise (pleasant, though) of many Nigerians, steps were taken to restore some order and dignity. The consular section works only by previous appointment. Same too with the passport division. Maybe other embassies should take a cue from them.

The last time I went for my new Nigerian Passport, I was embarrassed by how nice and courteous the staff were to us
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by newmusic: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2013
@poster, pleaase Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. We should stop deceiving ourselves. The most populous? yes, not any giant abeg...
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 10, 2013
No one should blame the government for this. Its a people thing. I work in the UK and we have clients from various parts of the world. I tell you Nigerian customers are the worst bunch you can ever come across in the UK.Before anyone accuses me of anything, I am Nigerian. Atimes I go on the defensive with other colleagues when the typical Nigerian customer "shi.ts in church" but right now, I just mind my business and ignore the jibes. You have different types;
1. The illiterates who "know it all"
2. The "Do you know who I am brigade"
3. The invoice/bill/payment escapees
4. The fraudsters
5. The annoying attention seekers with very loud voices
6. The "I do not have enough money after service" brigade.

All these are the same type of people that work in the High commissions, run the Embassies,work in banks,are bank customers and even run the country.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2013
newmusic: @poster, pleaase Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. We should stop deceiving ourselves. The most populous? yes, not any giant abeg...
Like it or not Nigeria is.A nation with such wealth and population as Nigeria is not a joke.The fact that we are experiencing mismanagement does not make us erase the fact that we are great.If Nigeria is not then mention one African country greater than Nigeria in various field be it sports,human resources ranging from notable(Doctors,lawyers,Engineers,Enterpreneurs,literary minds,musicians,Actors and Actresses),natural resources of various kind,Military to mention a few.I can't remember any country as far Africa is concern.For those hating its a bitter pill you guys have to swallow for the rest of your lives
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by kajoula(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2013
la'success:
It happens back home, so no surprise! Corruption has chopped into every sector of the country..

[size=15pt]Corruption[/size] the only surviving industry in naija......
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by FBS: 9:44am On Mar 10, 2013
victorazy: All these things are lies, someone is trying to portray our beloved embassy.
I've been there before and haven't been disappointed but only truth I can figure out is that some staff there always yanning apata Yoruba language and it alway disturb my ears as they talk gibberish.
Let's stop diminishing and criticising every aspect of our country.
Are you a Nigerian at all? is it a crime to speak your language and I doubt the staff was speaking Yoruba to personally.
Blaming others for the same thing you just did.
Hypocrisy at its best. Smh
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2013
singing in oritse femi voice... 'Mercies of d lord cum dwn 2 ur children'. As far as am concerned, naija shldnt av bn 1 country. D differences 2much joor.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2013
ok now all said, whats the solution to all this? what should we as nigerians do to stop this mess escalating further? SOLUTIONS PLEASE..
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2013
BUSH MAN: ok now all said, whats the solution to all this? what should we as nigerians do to stop this mess escalating further? SOLUTIONS PLEASE..
Create a thread on that
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by tomiedatlo: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Krucifax: It’s something Nigerians should really hang their heads in shame about. @ OP it’s even worse here in London at the Nigerian High Commission at Embankment!.The only words to describe it is “Market Place”. Come and see chaos! What you’ll hear is;

“Mr Man why are you jumping queue?”

“Mr Man do you know who i am?”

“I know you are closed and the sign said closed but please help me now!!!”

“Ogbeni she Yoruba ni?”

“Nna biko nyem aka”

“Bros help your brother now”

Gra gra gra, disorderliness of the highest order! You’ll need paracetamol after every visit to that place. Anybody who lives in the U.K and has been there can bear me witness!!
Lolz Na wa o 9ja is Mess!
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by otokx(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2013
The embassies are typically Nigerian.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by juman(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2013
newmusic: @poster, pleaase Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. We should stop deceiving ourselves. The most populous? yes, not any giant abeg...

I agree with you. Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. It's just a country with unreasonable big population.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by jidewin(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
Fellow Countrymen,

If we are to declare the negative experiences we've all had at our consular offices in various countries abroad,I believe Nairaland entire bandwidth and server capaciy would be utilized in excess.I could only appeal that we please calm ourselves a little when posting this experiences online as we're not the only the ones reading this. I strongly also appeal we could forward our contempt at the shabby services rendered to us to reliable public office holder like Mrs Abike Dabiri. Here's her website www.abikedabiri.com/.Also we can consistently send copies of our complaints to Nigerian news media outfits.I'm very certain Mr President Jonathan wouldn't want anything that would undermine his 2015 ambition and as such,stpes would be taken.Look at the issue of the NPF tranining college in Lagos.Could anyone remembber the embarrasment Pres. Jonathan felt due to the news coverage.That is the best way to effectively tackle this anomalies please.
No matter what,Naija is still our own,and we all our individual representative of the country,even with multiple nationalities.God bless Nigeria...and the rest of the world smiley
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by ogbonoeba: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Blue Magic: This is why i discarded my Nigerian passport. & gave up my Nigerian citizenship. I don't associate with failures.

Yep. I have my blue passport too. I have not renewed the green one. By the way, where is the green one? cool
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Litmus: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
BUSH MAN: its too late now nigerians now and the next two generations are corrupt to the bone even an unborn baby is corrupt in nigeria

You and your children are probably the most corrupt.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Litmus: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
juman:

I agree with you. Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. It's just a country with senseless big population.

Africa itself is a pile of shit i wonder why Nigeria would want to be the Giant of it.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by juman(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Litmus:

Africa itself is a pile of shit i wonder why Nigeria would want to be the Giant of it.

True.

If we have upright nigeria where there is rule of law, Africa would have been a better continent with better leaders in various African countries.

But nigeria fail to lead.

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Litmus: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
juman:

True.

If we have upright nigeria where there is rule of law, Africa would have been a better continent with better leaders in various African countries.

But nigeria fail to lead.

It takes time. Nigeria is making great strides already so it may take sooner than the additional 80 to 100 years we should ordinarily expect. If i'm not mistaken, i think the British have been keeping records for 900 years (births, deaths, society,civil society,social development etc) can you imagine the organization that requires.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by vokalguy(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
victorazy: All these things are lies, someone is trying to portray our beloved embassy.
I've been there before and haven't been disappointed but only truth I can figure out is that some staff there always yanning apata Yoruba language and it alway disturb my ears as they talk gibberish.
Let's stop diminishing and criticising every aspect of our country.

Ok You mind telling me what embassy you visited? I am Nigerian, I have no reason to make things up! Have you been reading the previous comments? Do you see the amount of people who have echoed my concerns?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada To Reduce Number Of Foreign Workers / A Car Got Completely Burnt At Obalende R/about Lagos Nigeria / I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.