Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States (24122 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by vokalguy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
nzeaji: This embassy wahala is not just peculiar to the one in the United States, it is even worse here at the embassy in Canada. cry cry

Anyways, don't worry peeps. Uncle Jona is putting together a presidential special committee to look into the matter. grin grin grin

LOL I am sure they will get to it in 2023
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Litmus: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
@juman

i see the anger and frustration in our, black people, inability to plan for our descendents, we're always wanting things to be great right now for our enjoyment and if it cannot be, we destroy in the hope that better will rise from the ashes. What we should be doing is consolidating, saving and working for our children and grand children.

If Africans continue to destroy and rebuild one day there will be no resources left to trade with in order to rebuild. Our resources are not infinite.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Ike77503(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
I cry for my "COUNTRY" , Lord knows I cry out Loud for my "country" but I pray that one day, we all shall rejoice for my "country"..
It is obvious today that NIGERIA has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, NIGERIA has given it's people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom, fairness, accountability and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind NIGERIA of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise to an invigorating autumn of freedom, accountability and equality . Now is the time to lift our nation from the quick sands of injustice.Now, is the time to make justice a reality for all of Nigerian's children. YOU MAY SAY I HAVE A DREAM?
YES, I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain across Nigeria shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed for my country Nigeria is a Blessing and never a curse !
curled from " I have a Dream "
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Ike77503(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
I was in Atlanta 2 weeks ago to have my passport renewed and I must say its opposite what i have read here. though, I don't doubt OP. In fairness, to the staffs at the ATLANTA office, they were above par. The environment was casual, calm and free. I had all my requested papers in order, except the return envelope. I presented it to the man at the entrance who proceeded to checking me in. he gave me back my DOCuments in a folder to take to another window. got to the window, stood there for a bit and a man came to the window and just took the folder without saying a word to me...he left then few minutes later, I requested for his attention and he came back. I asked him whats next? he said "just sit down, we will call you" ..now I found that a little unprofessional so I told him, "Sir how could I have known that I have to sit down after dropping the folder? moreover, you came to the window to pick it up without acknowledging my existence/presence then you want me to read your mind". he apologized and I appreciated him for accepting his fault. fast forwarding, everyone in the room were well behaved, folks were mingling and to my amazement at a minimal noise...maybe, just maybe the folks there that day ain't NIgerians...I'm kiddin. I had my biometric and YES I SIGNED IN ON A "NOTEBOOK". then I was asked for my return envelope..I asked the guy if it is possible to pick it up today? he said No..that ABUJA has to approve the passport first before issuance and that may not happen today..and that I shouldnt worry it will get to me no later than 72HOURS with the appropriate pre-stamped envelope. so I went behind the EMBASSY and got the envelope then came back. I sat down waiting on my 2 other accomplices to finish their own process so I can give them the envelope and have them mail all THREE in one envelope. about 3 hours later, we were all done and on entering the inner office to tender the envelope, this "Beautiful woman" whose job i think is to print the passport, told me in open at the LOBBY, she had come across my application already and that ABUJA has responded and that I must be lucky. I thought to myself, MADAM if na BRIBE i NO dey give , even if white house approve am sef. the custom officers in NIGERIA know me well well say anytime i come Naija I no dey give BRIBE whether entering or leaving. But to my amazement, she told me to wait a little while that she will hand me my Passport and the other 2 will be mailed. i said to myself DEVIL is a liar..is this happening in a NIGERIAN EMBASSY-that folks have written all sorts of nonsence about...WOW ! If this goes thru without "egunje" I swear NAIJA don dey better I quietly whispered to the lady next to me...nairalanders, the woman gave me my ecowas passport, without looking at me TWICE. i felt something! honestly I did. what it was I DON'T know...if you do feel free to tell me. anyway, My sincere appreciation to all the ATLANTA staffs. though, there's room for improvement.I'm proudly Nigerian..even though I have a blue passport too...love y'all.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by manbuchai: 9:27am On Mar 11, 2013
Thank God that i dont have to go through such a horrible expirience,i left Africa at a tender age.Now i am armed with red passport for over two and half decades,the best solution to this problem would be to stage protests in all the Nigerian embassies world-wide.Action speaks louder than words.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by alajor(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2013
Una own small sef, just come to 9ja consulate for johannesburg make u c. Last time I go there I cum enter toilet say make I release, ol'boy cum c sh1t wey dem never flush for two months. I tear race comot there. I no even wan talk of customer service.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by justwise(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2013
alajor: Una own small sef, just come to 9ja consulate for johannesburg make u c. Last time I go there I cum enter toilet say make I release, ol'boy cum c sh1t wey dem never flush for two months. I tear race comot there. I no even wan talk of customer service.

How did you managed to measure to duration of that shit by merely looking at it? grin
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by alajor(m): 10:39am On Mar 11, 2013
justwise:

How did you managed to measure to duration of that shit by merely looking at it? grin
. Lol! Homeboy I grow for village and I sh1t for bush well well. Believe me,anytime I c sh1t I can tell how long d thing don dey there. Lol
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by jidewin(m): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2013
Ike_77503: I was in Atlanta 2 weeks ago to have my passport renewed and I must say its opposite what i have read here. though, I don't doubt OP. In fairness, to the staffs at the ATLANTA office, they were above par. The environment was casual, calm and free. I had all my requested papers in order, except the return envelope. I presented it to the man at the entrance who proceeded to checking me in. he gave me back my DOCuments in a folder to take to another window. got to the window, stood there for a bit and a man came to the window and just took the folder without saying a word to me...he left then few minutes later, I requested for his attention and he came back. I asked him whats next? he said "just sit down, we will call you" ..now I found that a little unprofessional so I told him, "Sir how could I have known that I have to sit down after dropping the folder? moreover, you came to the window to pick it up without acknowledging my existence/presence then you want me to read your mind". he apologized and I appreciated him for accepting his fault. fast forwarding, everyone in the room were well behaved, folks were mingling and to my amazement at a minimal noise...maybe, just maybe the folks there that day ain't NIgerians...I'm kiddin. I had my biometric and YES I SIGNED IN ON A "NOTEBOOK". then I was asked for my return envelope..I asked the guy if it is possible to pick it up today? he said No..that ABUJA has to approve the passport first before issuance and that may not happen today..and that I shouldnt worry it will get to me no later than 72HOURS with the appropriate pre-stamped envelope. so I went behind the EMBASSY and got the envelope then came back. I sat down waiting on my 2 other accomplices to finish their own process so I can give them the envelope and have them mail all THREE in one envelope. about 3 hours later, we were all done and on entering the inner office to tender the envelope, this "Beautiful woman" whose job i think is to print the passport, told me in open at the LOBBY, she had come across my application already and that ABUJA has responded and that I must be lucky. I thought to myself, MADAM if na BRIBE i NO dey give , even if white house approve am sef. the custom officers in NIGERIA know me well well say anytime i come Naija I no dey give BRIBE whether entering or leaving. But to my amazement, she told me to wait a little while that she will hand me my Passport and the other 2 will be mailed. i said to myself DEVIL is a liar..is this happening in a NIGERIAN EMBASSY-that folks have written all sorts of nonsence about...WOW ! If this goes thru without "egunje" I swear NAIJA don dey better I quietly whispered to the lady next to me...nairalanders, the woman gave me my ecowas passport, without looking at me TWICE. i felt something! honestly I did. what it was I DON'T know...if you do feel free to tell me. anyway, My sincere appreciation to all the ATLANTA staffs. though, there's room for improvement.I'm proudly Nigerian..even though I have a blue passport too...love y'all.

Thank you bruv.I believe more experiences such as this too should be made available on NL.No doubt there are much negative experiences,but there would also be positive ones too.Suffice to say some FLAT NOSE foreigners would come here,read only the negative and go back to their own blog to replicate same.Nigeria na we Own o.

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Litmus: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
I wonder if this thread was somehow meant as a justification for the unjustifiable and shameful action of the people who thrashed our embassy in Senegal.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by jidewin(m): 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Litmus: I wonder if this thread was somehow meant as a justification for the unjustifiable and shameful action of the people who thrashed our embassy in Senegal.
My goodness,but how come this wasn't on Nairaland.Thanks all same for the hint.
naijagists.com/angry-nigerians-attacked-nigerian-embassy-in-senegal-beat-officials-to-demand-justice/
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by jidewin(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
And here's the video link http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-rim .I am afraid,in my opinion,this could spread to all other Nigerian consular offices in various foreign countries.My goodness,my countrymen just couldn't take it anymore.Hmmm could this be the beginninng of the revolution?
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
Litmus: I wonder if this thread was somehow meant as a justification for the unjustifiable and shameful action of the people who thrashed our embassy in Senegal.

Perhaps u are the only one that sees it as such. You should in fact be thankful to the poster who by bringing the decadence state of Nigerian embassies operations abroad to limelight, created another avenue for us to address problems Nigerians incessantly experience in their embassies around the globe. Thus, he/she has made an effort through which the despicable event in Senegal could be prevented from re-occuring at any of our embassies around the globe. And you, what effort have you made?
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by vokalguy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ike_77503: I was in Atlanta 2 weeks ago to have my passport renewed and I must say its opposite what i have read here. though, I don't doubt OP. In fairness, to the staffs at the ATLANTA office, they were above par. The environment was casual, calm and free. I had all my requested papers in order, except the return envelope. I presented it to the man at the entrance who proceeded to checking me in. he gave me back my DOCuments in a folder to take to another window. got to the window, stood there for a bit and a man came to the window and just took the folder without saying a word to me...he left then few minutes later, I requested for his attention and he came back. I asked him whats next? he said "just sit down, we will call you" ..now I found that a little unprofessional so I told him, "Sir how could I have known that I have to sit down after dropping the folder? moreover, you came to the window to pick it up without acknowledging my existence/presence then you want me to read your mind". he apologized and I appreciated him for accepting his fault. fast forwarding, everyone in the room were well behaved, folks were mingling and to my amazement at a minimal noise...maybe, just maybe the folks there that day ain't NIgerians...I'm kiddin. I had my biometric and YES I SIGNED IN ON A "NOTEBOOK". then I was asked for my return envelope..I asked the guy if it is possible to pick it up today? he said No..that ABUJA has to approve the passport first before issuance and that may not happen today..and that I shouldnt worry it will get to me no later than 72HOURS with the appropriate pre-stamped envelope. so I went behind the EMBASSY and got the envelope then came back. I sat down waiting on my 2 other accomplices to finish their own process so I can give them the envelope and have them mail all THREE in one envelope. about 3 hours later, we were all done and on entering the inner office to tender the envelope, this "Beautiful woman" whose job i think is to print the passport, told me in open at the LOBBY, she had come across my application already and that ABUJA has responded and that I must be lucky. I thought to myself, MADAM if na BRIBE i NO dey give , even if white house approve am sef. the custom officers in NIGERIA know me well well say anytime i come Naija I no dey give BRIBE whether entering or leaving. But to my amazement, she told me to wait a little while that she will hand me my Passport and the other 2 will be mailed. i said to myself DEVIL is a liar..is this happening in a NIGERIAN EMBASSY-that folks have written all sorts of nonsence about...WOW ! If this goes thru without "egunje" I swear NAIJA don dey better I quietly whispered to the lady next to me...nairalanders, the woman gave me my ecowas passport, without looking at me TWICE. i felt something! honestly I did. what it was I DON'T know...if you do feel free to tell me. anyway, My sincere appreciation to all the ATLANTA staffs. though, there's room for improvement.I'm proudly Nigerian..even though I have a blue passport too...love y'all.

I am glad you had a good experience at the Embassy in Atlanta. Too bad the one in Washington D.C is the total opposite.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by KayDee4: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okay, time to give credit where credit is due.
I was at the ATL consulate some days ago and I got one of the best service experiences ever - home and abroad.
I traveled to somewhere else from there and by the time I got back to base at the end of the week, my new passport was sitting in my mail box waiting for me.
Big ups to the lads down there @ the consulate.

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
mjconcept: Shame to you.

But why? Nigeria's in a mess and you know it. The more Nigerians remain in denial, the longer it'll be until things ever improve.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by isalegan2: 12:12am On May 01, 2013
Kay-Dee:
Okay, time to give credit where credit is due.
I was at the ATL consulate some days ago and I got one of the best service experiences ever - home and abroad.
I traveled to somewhere else from there and by the time I got back to base at the end of the week, my new passport was sitting in my mail box waiting for me.
Big ups to the lads down there @ the consulate.

Good to know. cool I need to stop by there and take care of my renewal too. I started to do it online, but. . . no cigar. undecided
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by ifeanyi83(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
The last time i checked, we have a minister for interior so i believe there should be a minister for exterior also as well as an ambassador...hope they know their jobs... undecided
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by benlay(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Godogwu:

You are quite pathetic yourself.....

Is Nigeria your name? You are very sick!
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Ndipe(m): 2:54am On Jan 13, 2015
I had a wonderful experience with them last year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada To Reduce Number Of Foreign Workers / A Car Got Completely Burnt At Obalende R/about Lagos Nigeria / I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.