Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Disgrace from Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disgrace from Nigeria (6250 Views)

Public Disgrace! This Is What A Drunk Female Dancer Was Caught Doing (photos) / Who Disgrace This Beautiful Lady Like This? / Thailand Seizes $1m Ivory From Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 4:14am On Mar 23, 2008
A European friend and colleague of mine referred me to this site bellow:
infact, i once had a conversation with this Italian mate: "Why is the media usually saying negative or bad things about Nigeria (Africa), don't you guys have anything good to say?", i asked.
  The guy simply replied, "I'm afraid, i know NOTHING good to say about Nigeria (Africa)"
   "Nothing at all", i questioned.
   "Absolutely Nothing" he insisted. "OK, tell me one good thing about Nigeria (Africa) just ONE" He demanded.
  I thought for a while, i just couldn't imagine anything "good" about Nigeria (Africa), the few (if any) thing that i'd consider good in Nigeria are the things in which western countries excel at. Though it hurts, but i can see reasons with them for saying negative things about Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVVbGEOoCM

Now, Can someone actually tell me one, and i mean ONE good thing about Nigeria?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by iice(f): 11:19am On Mar 23, 2008
angry angry sad sad angry angry
I. . .which. . .hmmm! angry angry Insensitive brutes!! angry angry
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2008
Seen the video a couple of times. But really this is a barbaric act in this modern day we live in.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2008
The people don't sound literate, thorough education has to be initiated in such areas. I don't know why foreigners are the ones who bring these issues to the forefront of our minds. What do our tv stations do anyway?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2008
When will we learn that supernatural powers are a figment of our imagination, the white man learned that a long time ago!
And to think that the churches are doing this in the name of God, all for that =N=
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2008
stillwater:

The people don't sound literate, thorough education has to be initiated in such areas. I don't know why foreigners are the ones who bring these issues to the forefront of our minds. What do our tv stations do anyway?

They moan about negative images of Nigeria been shown around the world and say why can't the 'better places' and 'good things' be shown instead.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
EloSela:

They moan about negative images of Nigeria been shown around the world and say why can't the 'better places' and 'good things' be shown instead.

I agree with you, infact, i said the same thing to an Italian mate: "Why is the media usually saying negative or bad things about Nigeria (Africa), don't you guys have anything good to say", i asked.
  The guy simply replied, "I'm afraid, i know NOTHING good to say about Nigeria (Africa)"
   "Nothing at all", i questioned.
   "Absolutely Nothing" he insisted. "OK, tell me one good thing about Nigeria (Africa) just ONE" He demanded.
  I thought for a while, i just couldn't imagine anything "good" about Nigeria (Africa), the few (if any) thing that i'd consider good in Nigeria are the things in which western countries excel at. Though it hurts, but i can see reasons with them for saying negative things about Nigeria.
  Now, Can someone actually tell me one, i mean ONE "good" thing about Nigeria?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2008
Some good things= I'm typing this from the comfort of my air-conditioned office with a mug of hot chocolate & from my wireless AMD processing laptop.

I can view from here my 2006 mob.

My investments on the NSE have grown 5 fold in 2 years overall & Abuja is every bit as cool as any city I've been around the globe/

All isn't necessary the way we hear it & bad news generally travels faster than good news.

Cheers,
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2008
Jairzinho:

Some good things= I'm typing this from the comfort of my air-conditioned office with a mug of hot chocolate & from my wireless AMD processing laptop.

My investments on the NSE have grown 5 fold in 2 years overall & Abuja is every bit as cool as any city I've been around the globe/

All isn't necessary the way we hear it & bad news generally travels faster than good news.

Cheers,

This isn't news and why are you drinking hot cocoa in the hot African sun, ? Never mind, lol

Some good things I would like to hear about Nigeria:

Constant electricity for all
The reduction of pot holed roads and the construction of new ones
An advanced mass transit system in all major cities around the country
Low unemployment levels
Free nationalized health care
Free world class compulsory education for every Nigerian child aged between 4 and 16.
Free world class university education for every Nigerian citizen aged 17 to 30 who opts to further their education.

The list goes on and on.

I don't wish or need to hear about specific Nigerians bragging because they have managed to sit in an air-conditioned office drinking hot choc while the majority plods along in abject poverty and ignorance.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 12:44am On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

This isn't news and why are you drinking hot cocoa in the hot African sun, ? Never mind, lol

Some good things I would like to hear about Nigeria:

Constant electricity for all
The reduction of pot holed roads and the construction of new ones
An advanced mass transit system in all major cities around the country[/b]Low unemployment levels
Free nationalized health care
Free world class compulsory education for every Nigerian child aged between 4 and 16.
Free world class university education for every Nigerian citizen aged 17 to 30 who opts to further their education.

The list goes on and on.

I don't wish or need to hear about specific Nigerians bragging because they have managed to sit in an air-conditioned office drinking hot choc while the majority plods along in abject poverty and ignorance.

Wise talk, EloSela.
  Yes, one "good" thing about Nigeria is the system of transportation, ie a bus never departs unless it is full with passangers or load and can barely contain the driver: no departure or arrival time.

[b] Now, i'm still waiting for someone to say one, and i mean ONE "good" thing about Nigeria?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 12:53am On Mar 27, 2008
True!!
I don't know anything good about Nigeria. . . embarassed
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:28am On Mar 27, 2008
Some good things= I'm typing this from the comfort of my[b] air-conditioned[/b] office with a mug of hot chocolate & from my wireless AMD processing laptop

are you cold or hot? or you dont know?

kerching!!

What do our tv stations do anyway?

they celebrate the release of alameisgha** especially bisi olatilo lipsrsealed
they also show loads of foreign films/sports undecided
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 1:38am On Mar 27, 2008
What do our tv stations do anyway?
Showing papa ajasco and talking about billions of naira issued out for some ''phantom'' contracts that we dont get to see! embarassed
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 1:44am On Mar 27, 2008

Cheers,
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? And what is ma business with this?
So if somebody asks you to say something good about Nigeria, this is exactly what you would utter?
Bunkumery at its very best!!. . . .keep on spewing

Now i truly believe that. . . .Nigeria is full of self-centered freaks!!!
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 1:49am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Now i truly believe that. . . .Nigeria is full of self-centered freaks!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked First you attack Nigerian girls. Now you attack Nigerians themselves. Tell me the truth - What are you?

Fine, we are still set back in time.
Have you people forgotten our roots?
We are so messed up by westernization that we have started doubting what we grew up with.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 2:10am On Mar 27, 2008
Tell me the truth - What are you?
Someone who knows what Danity is all about!! cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 2:14am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Someone who knows what Danity is all about!! cool

You have no idea what Danity is all about.
Are you Ghanian?
Are you American?
Are you British?
Why else would you attack Nigerians in general so bad?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Tegese: 2:18am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

You have no idea what Danity is all about.
Are you Ghanian?
Are you American?
Are you British?

@danity, i presume you are the only good thing about nigeria, otherwise, you would not have taken offence at someone saying his mind about nigerian in general
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 2:22am On Mar 27, 2008
@ Tegese, I hate it when Nigerians attack themselves. It's very annoying and I love Nigeria so much. I don't know why anyone else would hate it.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 2:28am On Mar 27, 2008
I didn't attack Nigerians. . . . .i was only being factual!!!!

Even if i was asked in an exam that would get me a 1.1 degree. . .
I will fail the paper because i seriously do not have anything good to say about Nigeria.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Tegese: 2:29am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

@ Tegese, I hate it when Nigerians attack themselves. It's very annoying and I love Nigeria so much. I don't know why anyone else would hate it.

thanks for your patriotism. but have you worked out an answer for the question above, at least tell us "ONE good thing" about naija?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 2:31am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

I didn't attack Nigerians. . . . .i was only being factual!!!!

Even if i was asked in an exam that would get me a 1.1 degree. . .
I will fail the paper because i seriously do not have anything good to say about Nigeria.
This is so sad. Not one thing? When last did you go to Naija?

@ Tegese, Nigeria is very rich - resource-wise. It's a sad thing we don't know how to utilize these resources. We're also blessed with brilliant and intelligent mind but it's a sad thing as well that all they do is put it to bad use.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Tegese: 2:34am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

This is so sad. Not one thing? When last did you go to Naija?

@ Tegese, Nigeria is very rich - resource-wise. It's a sad thing we don't know how to utilize these resources. We're also blessed with brilliant and intelligent mind but it's a sad thing as well that all they do is put it to bad use.

so, is this what you call "good thing"?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 2:37am On Mar 27, 2008
There are good things about naija. It's just that most of them have a "but". If we know how to curb these, we'll be fine.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 2:41am On Mar 27, 2008
Nigeria is very rich - resource-wise. It's a sad thing we don't know how to utilize these resources. We're also blessed with brilliant and intelligent mind but it's a sad thing as well that all they do is put it to bad use.

Danity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We`already know that Nigeria is a blessed country!! But unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!
If u were asked in the exam . . .pls do not put these down. . .otherwise u'd get straight F's

Still waiting for you to tell me at least 1 good thing about Nigeria. . . . . . . . .
Summin straight with no ''Ifs, No Buts or Maybes. . . . .I need straight simple answer! cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 2:44am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Danity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We`already know that Nigeria is a blessed country!! But unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!
If u were asked in the exam . . .please do not put these down. . .otherwise u'd get straight F's

Still waiting for you to tell me at least 1 good thing about Nigeria. . . . . . . . .
Summin straight with no ''Ifs, No Buts or Maybes. . . . .I need straight simple answer! cool
You're making this hard for me. I'm trying to be optimistic here.
One good thing about Nigeria that I've come to appreciate is the WEATHER! Okay - there is no but there for me. Environmentally, we are blessed with beautiful trees cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
When you stay in Snow and humidity, you learn to appreciate the rain and the sunny days.
THERE! No Buts, no ifs, no maybes!

smiley
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 3:03am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

One good thing about Nigeria that I've come to appreciate is the WEATHER! Okay - there is no but there for me. Environmentally, we are blessed with beautiful trees cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
When you stay in Snow and humidity, you learn to appreciate the rain and the sunny days.

smiley

Hey, what good whether is there to enjoy when the environments and air are polluted with dust and carbon monoxide smokes from scary vehicles and electric plants and generators?
  What beautiful trees are there in a forrest that is a nightmare to dare?
  To what benefit is the rain when there is no drainage to channel the erosion?
  How does the rain benefit the poor market women and children who barely earn a living by street trading?

Well, i'm surprised that you are even talking about nature as the good thing in Nigeria, what about human achievements?
  Answer me
Now, i'm still waiting for someone to say one, and i mean ONE "good" thing about Nigeria?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 3:06am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

smiley

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kind of weather? u neglected the suffering masses. . .the bad roads. .
Poor communication. . .epileptic power supply et all. . .all u could think of is that dry annoying weather!!!!!!!!!

A place where u can't put on what u like because of the harsh terrible hot!! sun?
Lemme tell u. . . .Nigeria's weather is just a l.il iight with 2%merits and 98% demerits. . .
Heres what i mean!!

During the rainy season. . .nearly all the roads are always in a mess!! dirt and stuffs errwhere due to lack or maintenance!!
And during the dry season!!. . .there is always water scarcity. . . and that is the season their power supply is more unstable.
I prefer snow and stuffs to that spastic hot weather condition in Nigeria. . . .anytime. .any-day. .

If not because of A-C made cars and AC itself. . . do u think there would be any whitee in Nigeria? cheesy
U want to suffocate them? C'mon. . .tell me something else. . .
This your ''Good thing in Nigeria'' has been dishonorably dismissed with a wave of hand!!!!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:10am On Mar 27, 2008
Boli grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 3:13am On Mar 27, 2008
The weather has nothing to do with pollution. The pollution is horrible - i know.
You guys are killing me here. Nigerians are the most pessimistic people I've ever come across.
The thing is that we need to find a channel in which we could view our country in better ways.
If you know how blessed we are nature-wise, you wouldn't be this pessimistic about nature.
We have no hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones and other natural disasters.
After experiencing 2 hurricanes. I'd rather be caught in a flood than a hurricane.

Human achievements?
We have intelligent minds in that country. Wole Soyinka and them are making us proud every minute.
Some Nigerians abroad are very influential.
We are the envy of other Africans because we have managed to exert ourselves as a force to reckon with in Africa.
We haven't had a major civil wars in 40 years. We might have religious conflicts but when you look at countries like Sudan and Kenya - you thank God for Nigeria.
With the way Britain screwed us up, I'm surprised we are not totally in the trenches by now.

@ Sly - Roads are our fault and so is drainage. I stay in a place with crazy humidity and trust me, we are blessed with good weather in Nigeria. Whether you like it or not, you can find something good about Nigeria.
No one is dismissing my argument! At least not yet. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Tegese: 3:24am On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

Human achievements?
We have intelligent minds in that country. Wole Soyinka and them are making us proud every minute.

"WOLE SOYINKA", the good thing in nigeria? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

danity:

are you one of these evil politicians in naija, do you really see these as acheivements according to international point of view?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 3:34am On Mar 27, 2008
Roads are our fault and so is drainage. I stay in a place with crazy humidity and trust me, we are blessed with good weather in Nigeria. Whether you like it or not, you can find something good about Nigeria.
Tell me. . .how is drainages and bad roads our fault? grin Ohhh. . . .you are something else!! tongue

Wole soyinka is making who proud? its most definitely not me kind!!
What is the impact he has made in the country. . .i heard some Nigerians are making $1 dollar a day!!
Imagine. . . .and you're here telling me about wole soyinka? cheesy

We haven't had a major civil wars in 40 years
cheesy grin
You know how many white oil workers that have been kidnapped in the Niger-delta region? cheesy
Imagine a state blessed with oil still got lots of people living in penury!!!!!!!! what u have to say about that?

After experiencing 2 hurricanes. I'd rather be caught in a flood than a hurricane.
Lagos-Ibadan express way is synonymous to hurricane. . . .do u by any change have any idea of the accidents that occurs. . .
Along the road on weekly basis? be real sister. . .u still have no point here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and self-centered as i have said earlier!!!!!

Bottomline. . .there is still nothing good so far about Nigeria
The goverment bodies are filled with Stingy pot-bellied selfish power hungry self-centered bunch of Nazis!!!!

Next!! One indisputable and impregnable good thing about Nigeria!!! not all these yada lada pin pin. . .savvy? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

EFCC Boss Urges Global Action Against Financial Crimes / Cultism 3 - Problems And Solutions Of Cultism / A Thief About To Be Killed In Onitsha Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.