Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,364 members, 7,829,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Disgrace from Nigeria - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disgrace from Nigeria (6261 Views)

Public Disgrace! This Is What A Drunk Female Dancer Was Caught Doing (photos) / Who Disgrace This Beautiful Lady Like This? / Thailand Seizes $1m Ivory From Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Dreloaded(f): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2008
and debo people have mom and pop tailors here too tongue
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
D-reloaded:

and debo people have mom and pop tailors here too tongue

I know they do, but the fact that it exists elsewhere doesn't mean that it is not a GOOD THING about Nigeria. wink

I really don't get the line of thought in this thread, Is it a case of 'what is BETTER in Nigeria than elsewhere' or simply what can be regarded as good in Nigeria

@ pataki

your personal insults/attacks are unwarranted man, lets keep this thread on focus.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
Siena:

Pathakee and Funkybaby: All I can say is, wow! shocked

So, Armed Lion and Figurehead are one and the same, hmm. Stands to reason.

@ Figurehead: One thing you can't change is your personality, regardless of how hard you try. You develop it as you grow into adulthood, and the only way that would change, would be if you suffered a major trauma (to the brain, if there's one). There's absolutely no need for multiplicity, how do you actually remember who you are, on any given day?? undecided

Anyway, back on topic.

Nigeria, like any other nation, has her good AND bad sides. Regardless of how black folk may paint her, the UK and US, despite being "developed" countries, are no better. Yes, life MAY be easier, but the average American, or Brit IS lazy, in Nigeria, you can't afford to be idle, else you won't survive.

When it comes to media coverage on Nigeria, or any other developing African nation, surprise, surprise, it usually reported by US / UK media agencies, and of course, folk believe all the media reports, because it's easier to do so.

When last did the Western media cover any positive attributes about Nigeria? I honestly can't remember. But, the negatives are covered constantly.

Disgrace from Nigeria? So, is everything about the West great? It's not unusual for the Western media to do a "fig-leaf" job on their negatives. Just because not a lot of negatives are reported, does NOT mean they don't exist.

Dirt on your clean white shoes? That was hilarious! There are slums here in the UK, that would rival any I've seen in Nigeria! There are ghetto's in the US too that you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd been teleported to some Ajegunle, if you were taken there!

I'm probably just as guilty as some folk who only see the negatives in Nigeria, and I'll admit it. But, I wouldn't blatantly come out on a public forum, and slate the country my parents were born and raised in, jeeze! No wonder the average white man / woman will rain abuse, you can't blame them, when her own citizens publicly say, "there's NOTHING good about Nigeria."

You have got a better sense of judgment. I love how you have stated your own views. Objective and articulate.

I think I am as well guilty in time past. embarassed
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

@ pataki

your personal insults/attacks are unwarranted man, lets keep this thread on focus.

Did I importune for his personal attack on me at first? Did he keep the thread on focus when he hurled his supposed insults at me? If he continues, I will not desist.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not consider my country a disgrace. I have the best of friends from and in Nigeria, and more importantly I love the way the way Church services are done in Nigeria. I miss that in loads a lot.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

@ pataki

I'm perplexed myself . . .

@ topic - I think this thread is a more a personal attack on vicjustice than it is a defence of Nigeria.
I dont agree that there are no positives to take out of Nigeria, but we would be decieving ourselves if we try to claim that the negatives dont far outway any positives.
Funny that most of those who sound so "proud" of their country do so from the relative comfort of foreign nations. uh oh

Is Nigeria a disgrace? YES it is . . . we are the 6th largest producer of oil in the world and yet at the bottom of the development ladder. We have no business having an economy worse than that of Botswana, we have no business with almost 50% illiteracy rate, we have no business having 70% of our population below the poverty line, we have no business generating less power than Ghana.

No other OPEC member is so poor . . . we call ourselves the giant of Africa but all we have to show for it is a largely unfed and disenfranchised population and we come here pretending to "love" Nigeria.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Play(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2008
D-reloaded:

Anyway 4Play, instead of going after people's comments, how about YOU give your own list abi you agree with the oyibos in regards to your motherland? tongue

There is nothing uniquely positive about Nigeria.See people talking about divorce rates,as if low divorce rates are necessarily a positive.There are so many women trapped in crap marriages.Actually,our low divorce rate is a symptom of dysfunction-unequal gender rights.

@Debosky

However you look at it,that barbers charge 50cents a haircut is a symptom of our economic problems.On the one hand,Nigerians can't afford to pay more,on the other,the barbers can't afford to charge more.

Most barbers in Nigeria can't afford things people in the developed world take for granted.There is a huge difference in living standards between Nigerian based barber and a foreign based barber.

As for food being mainly organic,not only are food safety standards in Nigeria far more lax,there is little evidence that organic food is safer in any case.

About the tailor issue,you are scraping the barrel here. grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

I'm perplexed myself . . .

@ topic - I think this thread is a more a personal attack on vicjustice than it is a defence of Nigeria.
I don't agree that there are no positives to take out of Nigeria, but we would be decieving ourselves if we try to claim that the negatives don't far outway any positives.
Funny that most of those who sound so "proud" of their country do so from the relative comfort of foreign nations. uh oh

Is Nigeria a disgrace? YES it is . . . we are the 6th largest producer of oil in the world and yet at the bottom of the development ladder. We have no business having an economy worse than that of Botswana, we have no business with almost 50% illiteracy rate, we have no business having 70% of our population below the poverty line, we have no business generating less power than Ghana.

No other OPEC member is so poor . . . we call ourselves the giant of Africa but all we have to show for it is a largely unfed and disenfranchised population and we come here pretending to "love" Nigeria.

@ 4Him, with  guys like You, Sly, EloSela, "figurehead" 4 Play, debosky and the host of other wise and realistic individuals, i am covered and don't have to care about the personal insults on me by "visa experts". Thank you bros/sis, talk to you later.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Play(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
@Ape Man

grin grin grin

Sorry o,HM no dey give chimps permanent visas. grin If you were bright enough,unlike some of your guys here in North America,you won't end up an "exchange student" in Holland. grin Abi your apeness reach your brain? Even people with "goat hearts" go UCL,you dey do exchange for Holland. grin grin

Its a measure of how bad things are in Nigeria,that people are dragging up divorce rates and haircuts. . . , while some folks have been brushing up their visa expertise in a desperate bid to come to the UK.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
4 Play:

@Ape Man

grin grin grin

Sorry o,HM no dey give chimps permanent visas. grin If you were bright enough,unlike some of your guys here in North America,you won't end up an "exchange student" in Holland. grin Abi your apeness reach your brain? Even people with "goat hearts" go UCL,you dey do exchange for Holland. grin grin

Its a measure of how bad things are in Nigeria,that people are dragging up divorce rates and haircuts. . . , while some folks have been brushing up their visa expertise in a desperate bid to come to the UK.
Where are you buddies to tell you to desist from personal attacks at me? Compliation of stupidities. grin grin grin grin

What is HM? undecided Do you mean Home Office? cheesy cheesy

Goat heart go UCL? shocked cheesy cheesy Mr fake Corporate Lawyer, who are you deceiving? You want to call yourself a graduate when all you do is sit at home because of your medical status and you live on your parents gratuity? wink

Pataki na ape-man, that is a stale gist. Show us your Hammer Head of Horror. At least I have my profile picture uploaded, show everyone those big teeth and big head of yours, outstanding dwarf. cheesy

Pataki is an exchange student indeed! Yet he has a degree to collect from an accredited UK institution in at their Medway campus. tongue

Pataki is desperate to come to the UK, yet he understands three different international languages, not relevant for a stay in the UK.

Pataki has an ape brain and yet he understands UK immigration without having to live in the UK, so much that he is labeled a visa expert here. cheesy grin Ask yourself, of what relevance are you to the society?

Male shagging masturbating expert.

You have gotten enough attention from me.

Hedonistic brought up boy. Got better things to do.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Play(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2008
@Ape Man

'Ol boy shocked na University of Greenwich you dey exchange with and you and I dey compare? grin Are you not ashamed of yourself ? I blame Labor and the Tories. . . .if they didn't convert all those useless Polytechnics into Universities.

Goat hearts go UCL,"human heart" dey do exchange programme with Uni of Greenwich. grin grin

Keep petitioning BHC,you might come out with a degree in visa. You see your guys thriving in North America and you dey useless yourself for Netherland. grin No worry,ask them for a brain transplant.You might get to work under them some day. grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

Where are you buddies to tell you to desist from personal attacks at me? Compliation of stupidities. grin grin grin grin

What is HM? undecided Do you mean Home Office? cheesy cheesy

Goat heart go UCL? shocked cheesy cheesy Mr fake Corporate Lawyer, who are you deceiving? You want to call yourself a graduate when all you do is sit at home because of your medical status and you live on your parents gratuity? wink

O boy u no get shame. We no longer can tell if this is you or islander anymore. Same MOD, same distasteful use of personal information said in confidence to score cheap brownie points. The only thing left is that you have not highlighted ur own so we can see better.

pahtahkee:

Pataki na ape-man, that is a stale gist. Show us your Hammer Head of Horror. At least I have my profile picture uploaded, show everyone those big teeth and big head of yours, outstanding dwarf. cheesy

It were better u just had blank space there. Dont show us the back of ur head and come gloating about "at least i have my profile picture uploaded".

O boy get something else doing. This personal insult crusade is getting u no where.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Imani(f): 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2008
Pataki and 4play, please cut out the personal insults. angry. You guys are too much for that.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ 4Play,
If my degree hurts you this bad, am I responsible for such? angry

Pataki is an exchange student, Pataki is an ape, Pataki did not go to school, why must you see the image of yourself in others? undecided

Get a life and stop sitting behind that computer thinking you have one!.

Enough said.

Imani:

Pataki and 4play, please cut out the personal insults. angry. You guys are too much for that.
I hold no apologies for his unwarranted throw of invectives at me, even when I never sought for the goats attention.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Play(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2008
Imani:

Ssshhh. . . .Did I post anything? Its my twin brother who has been logging on with my user name and making fun of exchange students at the 'prestigious' Uni of Greenwich. grin grin grin grin

(My apologies to any Greenwich alumni,didn't mean to be a snob) grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

O boy u no get shame. We no longer can tell if this is you or islander anymore. Same MOD, same distasteful use of personal information said in confidence to score cheap brownie points. The only thing left is that you have not highlighted your own so we can see better.

It were better u just had blank space there. Dont show us the back of your head and come gloating about "at least i have my profile picture uploaded".

O boy get something else doing. This personal insult crusade is getting u no where.
***yawns****

Attention seeker, I have noticed you.

Now go and face your face! wink
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

***yawns****

Attention seeker, I have noticed you.

Now go and face your face! wink

lol aint it funny? grin
I knew you for 5 yrs and u didnt figure on my list of people i cared a hoot about . . . is it now that i'd be seeking ur attention?
O boy go enjoy ur one man crusade of disgrace.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

lol aint it funny? grin
I knew you for 5 years and u didnt figure on my list of people i cared a hoot about . . . is it now that i'd be seeking your attention?
O boy go enjoy your one man crusade of disgrace.
***yawning again*** grin grin grin

As if I knew you would return with this balderdash. Do you want me to scan and upload my 21st birthday picture when you came for it, even when you never knew I existed with your green Phat farm shirt here?

I am enjoying my one man crusade, and I never begged for you to address me. So stick your shit off my face! cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

***yawning again*** grin grin grin

As if I knew you would return with this balderdash. Do you want me to scan and upload my 21st birthday picture when you came for it, even when you never knew I existed with your green Phat farm shirt here?

I am enjoying my one man crusade, and I never begged for you to address me. So stick your shit off my face! cool

I attended birthday parties of plenty of other people i don't speak to today. . .  grin
Party = food not the individual involved.  tongue
BTW i think the phat farm shirt was yellow and if u're yawning so badly go and sleep. It might be the antidote you need.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Chacal: 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ 4Him,

Is it compulsory u exude STUPIDITY and IDLENESS on Nairaland?
Ain't u ashamed of yourself? All u do everyday is to hide behind a mask and cause ruckus in various sections of the land.
If u are this idle. . . . . .Go and find a job in a Chapel and let people be.
Sometimes u appear intelligent but most times u are just a boil on the ass of humanity.
You are pathetic!!!
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by doyin13(m): 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hehehehehehe. . .Its a shame I have been forced to act my age.

This frolicking in the mud would have restored my acidic palate. . . .

Oh well. . . .off to do what adults do cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ Chacal . . .
Myself i know, pataki i know, who are you?
Even if pataki and i fight till next yr, we are still bound to meet up in our small town as buddies again . . . you i continue to relegate to the dustbin of memory.  grin

I agree with Doyin13, i leave this thread until adults return to discuss issues.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

I attended birthday parties of plenty of other people i don't speak to today. . . grin
Party = food not the individual involved. tongue
BTW i think the phat farm shirt was yellow and if u're yawning so badly go and sleep. It might be the antidote you need.

grin grin grin grin grin

Did you carry the shirt with you to America? grin grin grin grin Attending parties because of food? Oh boy you hunger gan oh. Pathetic!!!!

I was yawning because you are boring me out. But now am alright. grin grin grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

@ Chacal . . .
Myself i know, pataki i know, who are you?
Even if pataki and i fight till next yr, we are still bound to meet up in our small town as buddies again . . . you i continue to relegate to the dustbin of memory. grin

I agree with Doyin13, i leave this thread until adults return to discuss issues.
Where goest thou? Pastor please preach to me. cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Chacal: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ 4Him,

U are a bloody pillock!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a Bleep about you? U have been seeking ma attention all week
You went to Arsenal thread to start saying you hid ur face in disgrace. . . what was that about?
U being dead or alive means nuthing to me, mate. . . .
I just think your excesses should be curbed as u are running around like a rabid dog.
Look at this balding gibbon talking about knowing me. . . . .I dont associate with tramps, gay!!!!
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Imani(f): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2008
What a revelation galore on this thread. So 4Him and Pataki go way back. Interesting, i have to say grin.

Pataki dear, can you upload that 21st party pic. cheesy. Hmmm maybe not a good idea, though the thought of it is funny
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2008
Chacal:

@ 4Him,

You are a bloody pillock!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a Bleep about you? You have been seeking ma attention all week
You went to Arsenal thread to start saying you hid your face in disgrace. . . what was that about?
You being dead or alive means nuthing to me, mate. . . .
I just think your excesses should be curbed as u are running around like a rabid dog.
Look at this balding gibbon talking about knowing me. . . . .I don't associate with tramps, gay!!!!

Take am easy, i wont be held responsible for burst carotids.  cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2008
Chacal:

@ 4Him,

You are a bloody pillock!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a Bleep about you? You have been seeking ma attention all week
You went to Arsenal thread to start saying you hid your face in disgrace. . . what was that about?
You being dead or alive means nuthing to me, mate. . . .
Look at this balding gibbon talking about knowing me. . . . .I don't associate with tramps, gay!!!!

I go die oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

I go die oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy

nah its i ginnee die o! You forgot? grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2008
Imani:

What a revelation galore on this thread. So 4Him and Pataki go way back. Interesting, i have to say grin.

Pataki dear, can you upload that 21st party pic. cheesy. Hmmm maybe not a good idea, though the thought of it is funny

It is just a button click away at your beckoning ma. smiley

Just say the word and you will get it done, and I will show my ape face as well.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2008
yeah pataki show the picture, i don't think i ever saw it.
Tell him, Imani . . . he's more likely to listen to you. tongue
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

nah its i ginnee die o! You forgot? grin
So you go about keeping tabs on my posts? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Get something doing abeg.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Him(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

So you go about keeping tabs on my posts? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Get something doing abeg.

not really, most of your posts are the same ol personal insults . . . even a 5yr old can tell what u'd say next.  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Abomination- Grandma Caught Having Sex With Grandson: See Shocking Photos / Kuda App Is A Scam, Remove Your Funds Now!!! / SHOCKING PICTURES: Man Rapes 3 Months Old Baby In Nasarawa (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.