Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Disgrace from Nigeria - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disgrace from Nigeria (6263 Views)

Public Disgrace! This Is What A Drunk Female Dancer Was Caught Doing (photos) / Who Disgrace This Beautiful Lady Like This? / Thailand Seizes $1m Ivory From Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2008
Vicjustice:

Before talking "about what needs to change" in Nigeria, we need to acknowledge the fact that Everything needs changes because there's nothing good in that country, not even ONE, or are you still saying that there is ONE GOOD THING?

You are the most inconsistent human being I have seen on this forum! Now I can understand why funkybaby and Dantecmu are always on your case. angry angry I was just going to quote your post that you directed to nalijah on the thread she wanted to view pictures of Nigeria, and I saw that you had gone to modify it. You were so quick to denigrate and malign her with the mindset that she was coming to slander Nigeria.

And the same thing you are doing here. Keep your ass in Dublin. I hate it when silly Nigerians who are opportuned to be in developed countries begin to yarn dust and look down on fellow Nigerians as if they were not once in such shoes!

Again this thread of yours was about a video your silly Westerner friend showed you, yet you posted this same topic in the Religion, Culture and Travel thread. Upon being questioned why you are this eager to show it here and there, you quickly went to modify it again. Yet you call yourself a Doctor. I expected better reasoning from someone with such a pedigree.

FYI, the youtube link was simply referring to children seeking refuge in churches due to the outcast their own society placed them in.

Such a shame.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by londoner: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2008
Vicjustice, everyone is entitled to their opinion. People here have shared what in their opinion is good about Nigeria, only to have it labelled as not a good thing, or not good because westerners also have it, ok fine. If everything in Nigeria is bad, where do you suggest you/we can start to produce the things you would consider to be "good"?

There comes a time when the complaining has to stop and action has to start. Maybe we also need to own up to the fact that if we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by jkpretty(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2008
Sooo stupid of many of u people that can stand & say there is nothing good about Nigeria. Now, many of u may put off Nigeria location on your profiles but i believe that many of u running your mouths here that there's nothing good about Nigeria are siting your butt here in Nigeria right now.

What have u done to make Nigeria better? Or what do u think Nigeria comprises of? Is it only the government alone to blame for your misfortune? Or Is it only the people at the helm of affairs alone. What about u monkey faced hypocrites. What have u done, for the betterment of your fatherland? Do u think u are not a contributing factor to the ill name u are giving Nigeria? Did u try to get something positive done? Or what did u do before u ran to another man's land? What did u do before disowning your roots? Have u ever thought of one thing to do to make Nigeria proud? Have u thought about things to do for the betterment of the nation?

If Nigeria has nothing good to offer to u, i suppose where u got to before u ran to another man's land doesn't still speak of a good thing. Why would u think of a good thing Nigeria has done when u are lazy, why would u think of what Nigeria has done when all u think of is to take and never give. Why won't u think Nigeria has no good thing when u expect manner to fall from heaven like the days of old. Open your big eyes, even if manner fell then, it fell on those that deserved it. Put your hands at work and make do with something out of your life instead of blaming the Country for your Unrepairable misfortune.

So u run to another country for salvation, & run your silly tongues on your country. Hmmn Funny!. Now those of u in other countries & still saying Nigeria hasn't done a good thing. Now i assume the country u are in welcomes u with open arms abi and readily accepted u to be part of them. . . if i asked u what those country has done, u'll come saying "comfort at large" . . . You WISH! ROFLMFPAO! I won't even go there because that's another story entirely.

hisses. . . . . . . . . . . .& leaves thread! shame!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by realdemi(f): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ post
Tears fill my eyes as i hear the bantering and bickering. Shame on all that see nothing good in my motherland.

THE WEATHER is beautiful. and pity some people can't differentiate weather from pollution (a simple lesson in geography should do the trick). takes out geography textbk and adjusts her eye glasses.Weather is God-given or nature bestowed while pollution is man-made or homo-sapien inflicted . QED!

THE NATURAL RESOURCES are bounteous. That is why a lot of 'oyinbos' are willing to invest in the country, ceteris paribus. That is with right political and economic atmosphere.

THE HUMAN RESOURCES. HAPPY PEOPLE. Fela APTLY described us as 'suffering and smiling' They are very optimistic and persevering. plus peace-loving. I love my people. Intelligent though could be laid-back. But on the whole, Nigerians are great!!

And so is Nigeria.

I need some rest.

@jk, so true
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2008
pahtahkee:

You are the most inconsistent human being I have seen on this forum! Now I can understand why funkybaby and Dantecmu are always on your case. angry angry I was just going to quote your post that you directed to nalijah on the thread she wanted to view pictures of Nigeria, and I saw that you had gone to modify it. You were so quick to denigrate and malign her with the mindset that she was coming to slander Nigeria.

And the same thing you are doing here. Keep your ass in Dublin. I hate it when silly Nigerians who are opportuned to be in developed countries begin to yarn dust and look down on fellow Nigerians as if they were not once in such shoes!

Again this thread of yours was about a video your silly Westerner friend showed you, yet you posted this same topic in the Religion, Culture and Travel thread. Upon being questioned why you are this eager to show it here and there, you quickly went to modify it again. Yet you call yourself a Doctor. I expected better reasoning from someone with such a pedigree.

FYI, the youtube link was simply referring to children seeking refuge in churches due to the outcast their own society placed them in.

Such a shame.

If you'd lost a fortune or loved ones to armed rubbers, if you've been a victim of Police brutality, if you've suffered the system injustice, if you've been attacked by area guys, if your car had been bumped by another car that had no insurance, if you've had to pay money to bail your loved ones, if you've sat in a bus and had to wait for it to be filled before departure, if you've spent nine hours (due to bad road) on a journey that would normally take 3 hours, if you ever had struggle physically to get anything, if you've suffered TB and resorted to taking self-made "medicine" because you couldn't afford medication, if you've ever feared to prosecute a "big man" because the case might be turned against you by money power, if you ever had to use mosquito coil because you can't afford insecticide, if you've ever almost had an accident on a motto-bike used as taxi, if you've had a person dying of Kidney malfunction and you've had to deposit money before dialysis, if you've ever resorted to drilling boreholes in compounds to get watter, if you've ever been in a location where electric plants and generators noises prevail, if you've ever had a right-of-way fight with a licence "driver" who never attended driving school, if you've ever been in a situation where you can't wear your favourite white shoes shoes because of dust, if you've been in a location where vehicle horns are what woke you up every day, if you've had a situation whereby you have to raise your fence higher than the house for "security" reason, if you've ever been in a situation where you needed an emergency responds team, but they were just not there for you, if you've ever been an out cast as a little child because you were labelled a witch, if. . , if. . ; you will not be here saying this.
   I thought i explained to you the reason i didn't entertain nalijah07's request initially:   "You see, westerners usually ask questions about Nigeria (Africa in General) with negative curiosity: in most cases, they are correct in their opinions, but yet (though Nigeria is not an impressive country) nobody appreciates being insulted because s/he is from Nigeria.  Nigeria (i know) is not an impressive country. That's it".
   Therefore, you got to understand the difference between fair criticism (on Nigeria) and insulting the people because (because they are Nigerians).
   My posts were were edited and "modified" to achieve their objectives, they are not directed to any individual, not even you, therefore i won't appreciate being insulted for it.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by cemoi: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2008
The thing is that we forget what we have and lament about what we dont have.
Nigeria is beautiful and am pround to be nigerian.
How adout our natural endowments?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2008
if not for jkpretty, pahtahkee and the last poster
i had given up on this thread

vicj
abeg i think u modifiy ur posts so much that u dont remember what ur real stand is. u vacillate soooo much pleaase. See all what ur post generated.
All these same examples you gave happen even in the so-called countries that u have good things to talk about.
Someone slags of your country and you help them . is living in the west heaven? suffer-head no dey your dublin?
Look really look. We have foreighners who have built home and family here and they have NO intention of relocating in spite of the things that dont work.
I love Nigeria regardless of the things that dont work because we are RICH in PEOPLE , TALENTS, GIFTS and POTENTIAL regardless of where we live
Some of the people that have touched my life the most are NIGERIANS
You dont throw the baby out with the bathwater
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 1:13am On Mar 29, 2008
Vicjustice:

If you'd lost a fortune or loved ones to armed rubbers, if [/b]you've been a victim of Police brutality, [b]if [/b]you've suffered the system injustice, [b]if you've been attacked by area guys, if your car had been bumped by another car that had no insurance, if you've had to pay money to bail your loved ones, if you've sat in a bus and had to wait for it to be filled before departure, if you've spent nine hours (due to bad road) on a journey that would normally take 3 hours, if you ever had struggle physically to get anything, if you've suffered TB and resorted to taking self-made "medicine" because you couldn't afford medication, if you've ever feared to prosecute a "big man" because the case might be turned against you by money power, if you ever had to use mosquito coil because you can't afford insecticide, if you've ever almost had an accident on a motto-bike used as taxi, if [/b]you've had a person dying of Kidney malfunction and you've had to deposit money before dialysis, [b]if [/b]you've ever resorted to drilling boreholes in compounds to get watter, if you've ever been in a location where electric plants and generators noises prevail, [b]if you've ever had a right-of-way fight with a licence "driver" who never attended driving school, if you've ever been in a situation where you can't wear your favourite white shoes shoes because of dust, if you've been in a location where vehicle horns are what woke you up every day, if you've had a situation whereby you have to raise your fence higher than the house for "security" reason, if you've ever been in a situation where you needed an emergency responds team, but they were just not there for you, if you've ever been an out cast as a little child because you were labelled a witch, if. . , if. . ; you will not be here saying this.
I am sure they must have told you in basic English classes, sentences with the word ''if'' connotes a conditional/probability statement. You have made some points but most are absolute rubbish in fact baby talk. What has wearing white sneakers and getting it dirty got to do with nothing good emanates from Nigeria? I do not even know where to start from with the rubbish you wrote up here.

You came up with 23 ''ifs'', I thought you are a doctor by profession? undecided Do you diagnose and discuss a problem with if? This goes to show you are more confused than ever. If it is an insult, no apologies proffered. Nigeria may not be all that in comparism to Westernized developed world, but to utter the statement that nothing good exist in Nigeria is the most idiotic and preposterous statement that could ever emanate from you.

Vicjustice:
I thought i explained to you the reason i didn't entertain nalijah07's request initially: "You see, westerners usually ask questions about Nigeria (Africa in General) with negative curiosity: in most cases, they are correct in their opinions, but yet (though Nigeria is not an impressive country) nobody appreciates being insulted because s/he is from Nigeria. Nigeria (i know) is not an impressive country. That's it".
When western people ask about Nigeria with a negative curiosity, what do you tell them? Another of your inconsistencies here, you insulted Nigeria by uttering the statement that nothing good comes out from Nigeria, yet you are saying nobody appreciates being insulted because he/she is from Nigeria. How more confused can you get to be? undecided

Vicjustice:
Therefore, you got to understand the difference between fair criticism (on Nigeria) and insulting the people because (because they are Nigerians).
My posts were were edited and "modified" to achieve their objectives, they are not directed to any individual, not even you, therefore i won't appreciate being insulted for it.

Get it right man. There is nothing fair in your statement. It is simply an insult on Nigerians to state nothing good comes out from Nigeria.

Who makes up the nation called Nigeria? Is it not individuals like members of this forum? When you directed your statement, to whom where you referring it to? Goats and chickens in Obasanjo otta farm, or your white wife in Dublin? undecided
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 1:42am On Mar 29, 2008
**yawns**

Vicjustice is at it again. I don dey look this thread for the last two days but i can't resist the urge to type sha.

If i talk wetin dey my mind, he will say funkybaby is very nasty and she has come with her wahala.

Anyway, such posts and 'ifs' can only come from individuals that came from very very very poor families in nigeria and had very little or zero exposure to the basic luxuries of life, crossed all the deserts to get to europe and then had no choice but to marry white women to secure their stay - coming back to naija is not an option for them - so they cannot help but point their left hand at their father's house.

Such people are best ignored and if we search a lil further you will discover that even that Ireland where dem dey, they have nothing tangible as per achievements.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Dreloaded(f): 1:56am On Mar 29, 2008
Rofl Elosela, I must say you cracked me up in this thread grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 2:05am On Mar 29, 2008
Fela Kuti (RIP) whom we held in high esteem never in any of his tracks said anything good about Nigeria, in fact, he was labelled a dedicated trouble maker in Nigeria, yet. he was the most popular musician in the country.
 I care about Nigerians, i have helped a lot of people in many ways that i could, both in Nigeria and abroad, i love helping and corresponding with people, but still, the fact remains that Nigeria as a nation is not impressive: so, if anyone has problem with this fact, it's up to him.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 2:52am On Mar 29, 2008
Vicjustice:

Fela Kuti (RIP) whom we held in high esteem never in any of his tracks said anything good about Nigeria, in fact, he was labelled a dedicated trouble maker in Nigeria, yet. he was the most popular musician in the country.
I care about Nigerians, i have helped a lot of people in many ways that i could, both in Nigeria and abroad, i love helping and corresponding with people, but still, the fact remains that Nigeria as a nation is not impressive: so, if anyone has problem with this fact, it's up to him.

I would not even have bothered to take you on, if not that I observed you had gone to modify your very first post on this topic, and then you return to start making your outlandish statements about Nigeria. This is why any further addressing from me to you will resort in me quoting your posts. I cannot stand two faced and inconsistent individuals like you on the forum.

Keep shifting the goal post as if any bothers whom you help.

My question to you is this again: To whom did Fela direct his music at? undecided Are you living your life based on the sentiments of Fela in respect to how Nigeria is/was governed? Nigeria is not impressive, kick your ass out of this forum and stick to Nigerians marrying White Dublin girls forum in Ireland. Even Nigerians who are born and bred in Westernized countries do not come here and malign Nigeria with such impetuosity as you have done.

Enough said.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 2:54am On Mar 29, 2008
@ Funkybaby,

Should you not be sleeping at this time? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Am off to my sack. grin kiss

Enough said.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 2:56am On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

Such a shame.

We're not doing English course here, and it's got nothing to do with my profession; medicine has got sufficient complicated language of it's own that one (in the field) is less bothered about brighter grammar.
 But as a student of English literature and the number one proof-reader in Nairaland, how come you didn't realise that the word "opportuned" does not exist, and you used it? Don't disappoint me, mrpataki.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 3:06am On Mar 29, 2008
Vicjustice:

We're not English course here, and it's got nothing to do with my profession; medicine has got sufficient complicated language of it's own that one (in the field) is less bothered about brighter grammar.
But as student of English literature and the number one proof-reader in Nairaland, how come you didn't realise that the word opportuned does not exist? I'm surprised, though
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fake ass Dr Vicjustice,
I am never too high not to know when I am wrong and admit. While the word ''opportuned'' does not exist, I am sure you know the word ''opportune'' sure does exist. And it is exactly what I imply in the context you were reading my statement from. You have not gotten over when I openly showed you the difference between website and web sight? cheesy cheesy cheesy You then went ahead to modify that post again.

You are getting more confused. My mentioning your profession at first, was related to the context of your deficient reasoning not your silly conditional statement of ''ifs''.

Now bounce back with more of my defective English. cheesy

It will further help me with my Research project at the moment. cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Figurehead: 4:00am On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

I am sure they must have told you in basic English classes, sentences with the word ''if'' connotes a conditional/probability statement. You have made some points but most are absolute rubbish in fact baby talk. What has wearing white sneakers and getting it dirty got to do with nothing good emanates from Nigeria? I do not even know where to start from with the rubbish you wrote up here.

You came up with 23 ''ifs''. . .

pahtahkee:

You keep ignoring yet you resort to your drivel the more. Is there any word as quatify? Is that the latest English word in Downing street? shocked shocked

this pahtahkey and english sef.
oga you no think say you dey do over sabi, abi na i too know (itk) we go call am?
why every time you and somebody get argument you dey always find something for him englis wey you go take yab am, abi na englis course we dey do here?
i wonder for you oooo! person dey talk say naija bad, you dey talk about englis error, person go talk about visa you go talk about englis error, person go yahn about job, you go yahn about englis error, abi na you sabi the englis pass? the ugly thing be say anything you say whether opata or katakata, funkybaby go follow you: i dey fear say your comrade, akolawole fit follow you too, but e be like say the guy get him own sense and i respect am for that.
but the way things come be now, e be like say any person wey no support una opinion na yabis he dey get, you go yab him englis and funkybaby go yab him papa and mama. this no be civilised way to do things, na free world we dey, and every body dey entitled for him opinion whether negative or positive. you guys suppose show say una dey western world or at least una don travel there before, make una no dey insult or abuse or swear or curse people wey debate with una.
anyway, i say make i write in pidgin englis so that oga patakey (with him over sabi itk) no go bully me say something no correct with my englis, hair no dey my armpit ooo! wink
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 4:18am On Mar 29, 2008
Figurehead:

oga you no think say you dey do over sabi, abi na i too know (itk) we go call am?
why every time you and somebody get argument you dey always find something for him englis wey you go take yab am, abi na englis course we dey do here?
i wonder for you oooo! person dey talk say naija bad, you dey talk about englis error, person go talk about visa you go talk about englis error, person go yahn about job, you go yahn about englis error, abi na you sabi the englis pass? the ugly thing be say anything you say whether opata or katakata, funkybaby go follow you: i dey fear say your comrade, akolawole fit follow you too, but e be like say the guy get him own sense and i respect am for that.
but the way things come be now, e be like say any person wey no support una opinion na yabis he dey get, you go yab him englis and funkybaby go yab him papa and mama. this no be civilised way to do things, na free word we day, and every body dey entitled for him opinion whether negative or positive. you guys suppose show say una dey western world or at least una don travel there before, make una no dey insult or abuse or swear or curse people wey debate with una.
anyway, i say make i write in pidgin englis so that oga patakey (with him over sabi itk) no go bully me say something no correct with my englis, hair no dey my armpit ooo! wink

It is people like you that give the audacity to Vicjustice and sorts to denigrate the nation Nigeria. The only supposing sensible statement in your post, I have highlighted.

Good night. wink
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by debosky(m): 4:40am On Mar 29, 2008
The video is a disgrace indeed - such backward practices really need to be stamped out and children's rights protected. People cannot be allowed to get away with just abandoning children or driving nails into their heads - it is UNACCEPTABLE.

Somehow this thread deviated to a 'what is good about Nigeria' discussion?

Well there are a lot of good things, but far more bad things about Nigeria - Infrastructure, security, job prospects (for the majority) and corruption are huge problems - but numerous good things exist

Music is improving, yes - the black Americans are doing good too - who cares? who makes them our standard? I appreciate naija music and it is VERY GOOD in my opinion, Tuface's awards are a testimony. Food is good! the naija dishes are unrivaled in taste and flavour for me, even if other people have good food too, who cares?

These statements saying someone should not be happy that he is making it in his small way without connections because everyone is not enjoying that is warped - change is not going to be instantaneous and reach ALL people at the same time - it will happen gradually, which is why individual success stories with potential to replicate itself should be celebrated.

Even if something is 'the norm' elsewhere, does that stop it from being a good thing? Its like saying having two arms is not a good thing since most people in the world have them as well undecided. . .very irrational if you ask me.

One thing definitely GOOD, no EXCELLENT about naija is that you can get a VERY GOOD haircut from a decent barber who makes ok money for 50 bucks cheesy even if you want to go for the expensive one and it costs you 500 naira, it is STILL cheap and very good wink

Things are bad, but outright pessimists saying there is nothing good about Nigeria are not needed, they should renounce citizenship and squarely face their shit packing like General Pawpaw said cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Figurehead: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2008
pahtahkee:

Everyday life in Nigeria is a death trap. May God help us. embarassed embarassed

the good oga patahkey, na you dey talk this one against naija? wetin you go yahn if na another person? this na hypocrisy o! who then shall we trust?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2008
@ figurehead

**Another person so willing to be inducted to my Hall of Fame of Idiots**

I wont be suprised if you are another alias of vicjustice. I still remember vividly 'armed lion'.

Anyway, i will address you just as your username suggests- FIGUREHEAD which literally means ZOMBIE or better still in yoruba OLODO.

So tell me with a username FIGUREHEAD, what on earth am i going to type here that you will understand So in other words, you are best ignored.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2008
funkybaby:

@ figurehead

I wont be suprised if you are another alias of vicjustice. I still remember vividly 'armed lion'.
You are indeed an epitome of intellect! After reading this statement of yours above, I decided to dig into his posts and and see the truth behind your statement. I remember the days of Armed lion, going round and following the post of Vicjustice here and there on the travel section. Attacking whomever decides to go against Vicjustice and furthermore, reading and digging out post of Vicjustice's proponent.

It is exactly the same thing this Figurehead is representing here again. I am indeed convinced that Figurehead is the same person as Vicjustice. All his 15 posts has been in appraisal of Vicjustice. He goes about validating the idiocy of Vicjustice.

Here are some excerpts to such:
Figurehead:

it is a shame embarassed embarassed embarassedembarassed
This post was in response to the same Youtube link, that Vicjustice used as a topic raiser here before modifying it. Vicjustice posted the same link the Religion thread under the title of: What's your definition for ''Witch''?

Figurehead:

well done mr justice, a real well done job. i spent my precious time reading this thread and decided to make my comment of appreciations for your article. please forget about these guys who have problem because of what you know better. people should read this thread before making decisions on travel.
Another of Vicjustice stunts here, whenever he sees that forum members are not in support of his idiocy, he comes with his multiple identity and begins to praise himself. Just exactly the way Armed lion did in time past. Life in Various European Countries: From My Experience

Figurehead:

your english na die o, perfect english for a uk student grin grin grin grin
For someone who throws the ball that I am always attacking people based on their English writeup. Exactly the same thing Vicjustice does.
Visa Free Countries

@ Fake ass Dr. Vicjustice aka Figurehead aka Armed lion,
Get a life. Stop this internet rascality. If you can demean yourself to this level on cyberspace, only God knows how desperate you do be in real life.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

The video is a disgrace indeed - such backward practices really need to be stamped out and children's rights protected. People cannot be allowed to get away with just abandoning children or driving nails into their heads - it is UNACCEPTABLE.

Somehow this thread deviated to a 'what is good about Nigeria' discussion?

Well there are a lot of good things, but far more bad things about Nigeria - Infrastructure, security, job prospects (for the majority) and corruption are huge problems - but numerous good things exist

Music is improving, yes - the black Americans are doing good too - who cares? who makes them our standard? I appreciate naija music and it is VERY GOOD in my opinion, Tuface's awards are a testimony. Food is good! the naija dishes are unrivaled in taste and flavour for me, even if other people have good food too, who cares?

These statements saying someone should not be happy that he is making it in his small way without connections because everyone is not enjoying that is warped - change is not going to be instantaneous and reach ALL people at the same time - it will happen gradually, which is why individual success stories with potential to replicate itself should be celebrated.

Even if something is 'the norm' elsewhere, does that stop it from being a good thing? Its like saying having two arms is not a good thing since most people in the world have them as well undecided. . .very irrational if you ask me.

One thing definitely GOOD, no EXCELLENT about naija is that you can get a VERY GOOD haircut from a decent barber who makes ok money for 50 bucks cheesy even if you want to go for the expensive one and it costs you 500 naira, it is STILL cheap and very good wink

Things are bad, but outright pessimists saying there is nothing good about Nigeria are not needed, they should renounce citizenship and squarely face their shit packing like General Pawpaw said cheesy
You have succinctly said it!

Thank God there are still Nigerians who love their Fatherland or is it Motherland now? grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Figurehead: 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2008
these people are now victimising me into the scape goat calling me names because i refused to be on their side. if being on vicky's side will make you stop establishing your superiority gangster, i'll rather be. honestly i am not interested in a fight with teenagers. good day embarassed
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2008
Figurehead:

these people are now victimising me into the scape goat calling me names because i refused to be on their side. if being on vicky's side will make you stop establishing your superiority gangster, i'll rather be. honestly i am not interested in a fight with teenagers. good day embarassed
Who called for your attention? undecided

Vicjustice, go and grow up. Your quoted post here is ridiculous. In fact another indication to show that you are nothing but a multiple identity user on the forum. I have been called all manners of names on this forum, and I am yet to be bothered with such. To be called a teenager is nothing new. I have gone through that phase before.

Dubious minded fellow. embarassed

Good day.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2008
Pathakee and Funkybaby: All I can say is, wow! shocked

So, Armed Lion and Figurehead are one and the same, hmm. Stands to reason.

@ Figurehead: One thing you can't change is your personality, regardless of how hard you try. You develop it as you grow into adulthood, and the only way that would change, would be if you suffered a major trauma (to the brain, if there's one). There's absolutely no need for multiplicity, how do you actually remember who you are, on any given day?? undecided

Anyway, back on topic.

Nigeria, like any other nation, has her good AND bad sides. Regardless of how black folk may paint her, the UK and US, despite being "developed" countries, are no better. Yes, life MAY be easier, but the average American, or Brit IS lazy, in Nigeria, you can't afford to be idle, else you won't survive.

When it comes to media coverage on Nigeria, or any other developing African nation, surprise, surprise, it usually reported by US / UK media agencies, and of course, folk believe all the media reports, because it's easier to do so.

When last did the Western media cover any positive attributes about Nigeria? I honestly can't remember. But, the negatives are covered constantly.

Disgrace from Nigeria? So, is everything about the West great? It's not unusual for the Western media to do a "fig-leaf" job on their negatives. Just because not a lot of negatives are reported, does NOT mean they don't exist.

Dirt on your clean white shoes? That was hilarious! There are slums here in the UK, that would rival any I've seen in Nigeria! There are ghetto's in the US too that you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd been teleported to some Ajegunle, if you were taken there!

I'm probably just as guilty as some folk who only see the negatives in Nigeria, and I'll admit it. But, I wouldn't blatantly come out on a public forum, and slate the country my parents were born and raised in, jeeze! No wonder the average white man / woman will rain abuse, you can't blame them, when her own citizens publicly say, "there's NOTHING good about Nigeria."
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by ty4real(m): 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
Figurehead:

but the way things come be now, e be like say any person wey no support una opinion na yabis he dey get, you go yab him englis and funkybaby go yab him papa and mama. this no be civilised way to do things, na free world we dey, and every body dey entitled for him opinion whether negative or positive. you guys suppose show say una dey western world or at least una don travel there before, make una no dey insult or abuse or swear or curse people wey debate with una.

@Figurhead or Dunce!
Whatever you u call yourself,you are on eof the negative ,bad thing that ever emanated from Nigeria,I have been observing the way you have been carrying out your figurehead runs,why cant you for once be a man and stand on your own,one time you are hiding under sly another time you are taking refuge under vicjustice.
I maintain my stand Nigerian youths are coming in the music industry and you better shut your mouth up,if you cant stand on your own nairaland and stop fighting peoples fracas fro them,I never wetin concern falana with another persaons wahala ooo.O ya ran ti e !Anewu angry angry
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by ty4real(m): 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2008
Figurehead:

these people are now victimising me into the scape goat calling me names because i refused to be on their side. if being on vicky's side will make you stop establishing your superiority gangster, i'll rather be. honestly i am not interested in a fight with teenagers[/b]. good day embarassed

See toddler wey dey call him elders teenagers,and who you dey follow talk good day abeg good riddance to bad rubbish.

funkybaby:

@ figurehead

**Another person so willing to be inducted to [b]my Hall of Fame of Idiots

Anyway, i will address you just as your username suggests- FIGUREHEAD which literally means ZOMBIE or better still in yoruba OLODO. [b][/b]
So tell me with a username FIGUREHEAD, what on earth am i going to type here that you will understand So in other words, you are best ignored.

Thanks funkbaby,you have a way of doing justice to this confirmed idiot,Zombie,Olodo figure!I simply agree with your verdict here o jare! grin grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by ogb5(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2008
There are several good things about Nigeria, Although there are several bad things about Nigeria also.
Compared to the west, Nigeria has good arable land, over 90% of Nigeria can be farmed compared to 2% for Japan for example.

The people are tolerating compared to others, with over 250 tribes, no major crisis, no refugee situation, Rwanda, has only 2 major tribes and they could not manage it.

There is good level of food security in Nigeria, we are not receiving food aid to feed our people, Afghanistan, Lot of east African countries, Sudan all need food aid else there will be starvation.

Our family values are still OK. Divorce rate is low compared to the west, Few people in Nigeria can happily say they have been married for up to 4 times in their lives.

We have the largest swamp forest in the world. It can be one of the place on earth to enjoy peace and be close to nature. forget the publicity around kidnapping, take a vacation in a remote Nigerian rainforest or swamp forest village, its very peaceful. I have done it.

Nigeria is cheap. What you pay for a cramped apartment in the west will afford you a mansion in Nigeria. Even westerners enjoy space, only that most can not afford it.

The food is good in Nigeria, you eat natural food and take it fogranted in Nigeria, in the west you worry about food additives and whether it will give you cancer later in life. 10% of dutch women will get breast cancel in their lives, we don't have such magnitude of cancer cases in Nigeria.

The weather is good, no earthquake, no landslide, no volcanic eruptions, no snow storm, no suicide bombers grin

If you look you will see the good things about Nigeria, but there are many bad things about Nigeria also it depends on what you want to concentrate on
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by 4Play(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

That a barber earns 50N(less than 50 US Cents) per haircut is a good thing? In effect,that people earn peanuts for services they provide is seen as part of the indicia of positives that exists in Nigeria.

Abeg,can you cite good things that are happening in Nigeria that doesn't involve zero sum situations as in the haircut example?

@Ape Man

Nigeria must have been so good to you that in your desperation to leave,you became NL's resident "visa expert". grin grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by debosky(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2008
you miss the point 4play

first of all, denominating everything in dollars is not a reasonable measure, except for comparison purposes, 50 cents in Nigeria can get you a lot more than 50 cents elsewhere so that is not really the key.

If someone makes 50 naira per cut on a fixed monthly cost of 3000 naira, that is 60 hair cuts he needs to make up his costs, everything else is profit - some of these guys do that in a week, leaving the remaining as profit, now it may not be a fortune, but that isn't a bad return.

Now if somewhere else a man charges $20 bucks per cost for a fixed cost of $1200 per month, then it is the same number of cuts to achieve the same return.

Now I'm not trying to say earning 50 bucks per cut is good, some are making more, but the point is that such services are affordable to the people who need it - what is the point charging $20 for haircuts when people can't afford it? even at 500 naira which some guys are beginning to charge, it is still affordable.

I don't think earning less for services is a bad thing - it means more people can enjoy the services.

Another thing good about Nigeria? Most of the food is 'organic' and free of excessive pesticides. wink

I can get tailors to design my outfits down the road - people I've known for years and know me well. cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by pahtahkee: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
4 Play:

@Ape Man

Nigeria must have been so good to you that in your desperation to leave,you became Nairaland's resident "visa expert". grin grin

I saw that you had been itching to type your shit all the while. At least I use the knowledge I have, for the benefit of mankind on this forum giving out information for free! Indeed Pataki was desperate to leave the country. cheesy cheesy and has that affected the pension and gratuity you live on from your Parents? grin grin

Can a dwarf, goat heart, big teeth, big head orangutan like you say one meaningful contribution you have made on this forum or even this section? Other than going around and shagging women worthy to be your mother in London. And also viewing hi5 profile pictures of males to masturbate on.

Tell me, Mr 4 play Iman, which reasonable organization in the UK would want to employ a personality as yours with bad medical records?

I be ape right? Post my picture and let everyone see indeed Pataki is an ape. cheesy cheesy No be today you dey go round posting pictures of nairaland members. Jobless Arrow. cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Dreloaded(f): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2008
ogb5:

Or family values are still OK. Divorce rate is low compared to the west, Few people in Nigeria can happily say they have been married for up to 4 times in their lives.

a man that marries more than one wife doesnt that mean he has married multiple times?

4 Play:

Nigeria must have been so good to you that in your desperation to leave,you became Nairaland's resident "visa expert". grin grin

Rofl grin

Anyway 4Play, instead of going after people's comments, how about YOU give your own list abi you agree with the oyibos in regards to your motherland? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

SHOCKING PICTURES: Man Rapes 3 Months Old Baby In Nasarawa (Graphic Pics) / Kuda App Is A Scam, Remove Your Funds Now!!! / Two Sisters Stabbed Father To Death After Years Of Sexual Abuse, In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.