Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Disgrace from Nigeria - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disgrace from Nigeria (6264 Views)

Public Disgrace! This Is What A Drunk Female Dancer Was Caught Doing (photos) / Who Disgrace This Beautiful Lady Like This? / Thailand Seizes $1m Ivory From Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by danity: 5:22am On Mar 27, 2008
Sly, I'm done arguing with you! You're just a vessel of Negative Energy cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? And what is ma business with this?

Precisely,Its NONE of your business!!
I was responding to the poster who asked for ONE good thing,& I stated some FROM MY point of view.

If you don't find that relevant . . . . .JUST PASS !!

®~^Sly^~®:

Bunkumery at its very best!!. . . .keep on spewing

This makes little sense

®~^Sly^~®:

Now i truly believe that. . . .Nigeria is full of self-centered freaks!!!

Pls mind your language
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

This isn't news and why are you drinking hot cocoa in the hot African sun, ? Never mind, lol

Some good things I would like to hear about Nigeria:

Constant electricity for all
The reduction of pot holed roads and the construction of new ones
An advanced mass transit system in all major cities around the country
Low unemployment levels
Free nationalized health care
Free world class compulsory education for every Nigerian child aged between 4 and 16.
Free world class university education for every Nigerian citizen aged 17 to 30 who opts to further their education.

The list goes on and on.

I don't wish or need to hear about specific Nigerians bragging because they have managed to sit in an air-conditioned office drinking hot choc while the majority plods along in abject poverty and ignorance.

Noone's bragging my dear,our dear friend from Dublin had absolutely nothing to good to say about Nigeria & I offered some,tthe whole air-conditioned story generally points at A Job

The investments on the NSE talks about capital appreciation etc.

I feel you as per all the MDGs & all,but we must start from somewhere.

Poverty is endemic & definitely exists. But we cannot continue with stereotypes,So, the message is DON'T linger on the 'hot chocolate & air-conditioned office' but think of anything good within your area & lets move from there .

Cheers,
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

They moan about negative images of Nigeria been shown around the world and say why can't the 'better places' and 'good things' be shown instead.?

They can't because most Nigerians like you are quintessential cynics
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by ty4real(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2008
Nigeria is a blessed country with talented youths who are really making a wave in the music industry and I am surprised about the jargons people say !Every developed country has it demeirts and merits but they have choosen to focus the good side so I think Nigerians should start to do the same now! grin grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2008
Jairzinho:

Noone's bragging my dear,our dear friend from Dublin had absolutely nothing to good to say about Nigeria & I offered some,tthe whole air-conditioned story generally points at A Job

The investments on the NSE talks about capital appreciation etc.

I feel you as per all the MDGs & all,but we must start from somewhere.

Poverty is endemic & definitely exists. But we cannot continue with stereotypes,So, the message is DON'T linger on the 'hot chocolate & air-conditioned office' but think of anything good within your area & lets move from there .

Cheers,

You aren't making any sense!

How does one person out of 150+ million, sitting in an air-conditioned office and drinking hot chocolate equate to a 'good thing' in Nigeria?

Why would you even bring that up?

This is the reason why Nigeria is so behind with the rest of the World.

While other countries are boasting about been able to provide free healthcare, free education and low unemployment levels or about technological advances in their mass transit systems, we have someone in Nigeria talking about how he has a job in a office, which is air-conditioned and about how he can drink hot chocolate while gloating over his shares on the stock market, please!
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

You aren't making any sense!

How does one person out of 150+ million, sitting in an air-conditioned office and drinking hot chocolate equate to a 'good thing' in Nigeria?

Why would you even bring that up? 

This is the reason why Nigeria is so behind with the rest of the World.

While other countries are boasting about been able to provide free healthcare, free education and low unemployment levels or about technological advances in their mass transit systems, we have someone in Nigeria talking about how he has a job in a office, which is air-conditioned and about how he can drink hot chocolate while gloating over his shares on the stock market, please! 

I honestly thought I was communicating with an enlightened person.
You'll agree with me your current post adds more 'heat' than 'light' to the current discourse.

FORGET the issue of airconditioned office & move on please !
You're sounding like a broken record.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by londoner: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
I will never understand people who dont see anything good in Nigeria or Nigerians, yet they chose to come to a Nigerians site, why ?? Are you not torturing yourselves ?

If you would like to see a better Nigeria, maybe its time to get your hands dirty and create it. Afterall, the free education, healthcare etc in other countries did not appear out of thin air.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Figurehead: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
ty4real:

Nigeria is a blessed country with talented youths who are really making a wave in the music industry and I am surprised about the jargons people say !Every developed country has it demeirts and merits but they have choosen to focus the good side so I think Nigerians should start to do the same now! grin grin

THE THINGS WE 'WOULD CONSIDER GOOD IN NIGERIA ARE THE THINGS WESTERN COUNTRIES EXCEL AT'. WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT AMERICAN YOUTHS AND MUSIC? BY THE WAY, HOW DOES MUSIC IMPACT THE DESPIRATELY POOR MASSES?
THIS QUOTE HAS AN ANSWER FOR YOUR POINT
®~^Sly^~®:
its most definitely not me kind!!
be real. . .u still have no point here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes and self-centered as i have said earlier!!!!!

Bottomline. . .there is still nothing good so far about Nigeria
The goverment bodies are filled with Stingy pot-bellied selfish power hungry self-centered bunch of Nazis!!!!

Next!!  One indisputable and impregnable good thing about Nigeria!!! not all these yada lada pin pin. . .savvy? cool

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2008
Jairzinho:

I honestly thought I was communicating with an enlightened person.
You'll agree with me your current post adds more 'heat' than 'light' to the current discourse.

FORGET the issue of airconditioned office & move on please !
You're sounding like a broken record.

You can’t tell me to forget it and move on… grin grin

I may sound like a broken record Sir but I am only repeating the egotistical and silly BS you felt was necessary and relevant to contribute to this topic.

If you can’t handle the heat then try connecting your brain to your finger tips before typing out such crap again in future.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

I may sound like a broken record Sir but I am only repeating the egotistical and silly BS you felt was necessary and relevant to contribute to this topic.

If you can’t handle the heat then try connecting your brain to your finger tips before typing out such crap again in future.

Nigerians!!! I'm just Laughing Out Loud grin grin grin LOL
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

Hey,
You're a lady,keep the language civil.

The point I was making with my office status,car,investments et al,was not in anyway ego-driven,cos in the first place those things aren't necessarily a sign of financial well being,but to show that i live in Nigeria,came from a humble background and still achieved all these between my graduation & now,inspite of all the challenges the average Nigerian faces.

Sorry if they seem 'egoistic' to you but that was definitely not the point.

I have glaringly made the point that poverty,unemployment are widespread ,but in the midst of that we still have success stories of which I'm definitely an very,very, small and insignificant part. And things will definitely improve with time by God's grace.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2008
I have addressed you as 'Sir' and you still telling me to keep the language civil. What do you suggest I address you as? Baba?

It would appear that your idea of 'good things' is totally different from mine.

While I commend you and many others in Nigeria who have managed to make a good living for themselves and families despite all the minuses it is hardly newsworthy, considering that such entitlements are the bare minimum in other countries.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2008
danity:

Sly, I'm done arguing with you! You're just a vessel of Negative Energy cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

tongue tongue Now who's the chicken! tongue

Precisely,Its NONE of your business!!
I was responding to the poster who asked for ONE good thing,& I stated some FROM MY point of view.
If you could say that sippin hot tea in an air-conditioned office is a good thing about Nigeria. . .
Then i would say your point of view is obstructed with absurdity.

Please mind your language
Is that a threat?? i seriously do not think so!

I will never understand people who don't see anything good in Nigeria or Nigerians, yet they chose to come to a Nigerians site, why Are you not torturing yourselves ?
What da heck!!. . . .see loads of bunkum?? ?? ??
Mention a good thing about Nigeria and u are talking about ''Nigerians site''??
Who im i arguing with here?? ?? ?? ??

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT AMERICAN YOUTHS AND MUSIC? BY THE WAY, HOW DOES MUSIC IMPACT THE DESPIRATELY POOR MASSES?
THIS QUOTE HAS AN ANSWER FOR YOUR POINT
Opps here goes another one . . .
What has music got to do with this one?? ?? ?? ?? ??
And poor masses in America?? there are poor people in America. . thats a fact but i don't think. . .
There is anyone is America that would be making $1 or less a day . . . which is in Nigeria. . .
Besides. . we are talking about Nigerians here. . .Not the Americans. . . .

Still waiting for someone to tell me at least even if not one. . just half. . cool
I'm sick of this thread. . .the only sensible argument i have had was with Danity. .
She got a li.l point but with too many ""buts. .ifs and maybes. .her point was dishonored and dismissed!! cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Figurehead: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2008
you got me wrong, sly, i am entirely in support of your posts, my comment was in responds to ty4real's post given credit to nigeria youth musicians as the good thing in nigeria
ty4real:

and this was the respond '
Figurehead:

VICJUSTICE HAS SAID WISELY THAT THE THINGS HE 'WOULD CONSIDER GOOD IN NIGERIA ARE THE THINGS WESTERN COUNTRIES EXCEL AT'. WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT AMERICAN YOUTHS AND MUSIC? BY THE WAY, HOW DOES MUSIC IMPACT THE DESPIRATELY POOR MASSES?

then, i referred to your post thus "THIS QUOTE HAS THE ANSWER FOR YOUR POINT"
®~^Sly^~®:
its most definitely not me kind!!
be real. . .u still have no point here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes and self-centered as i have said earlier!!!!!

Bottomline. . .there is still nothing good so far about Nigeria
The goverment bodies are filled with Stingy pot-bellied selfish power hungry self-centered bunch of Nazis!!!!

Next!! One indisputable and impregnable good thing about Nigeria!!! not all these yada lada pin pin. . .savvy? cool

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by londoner: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2008
Sly, did I direct my comment to you personally, or was it a general statement? My comment was quite simple really, many people here go on about how bad both Nigerians and Nigeria are, I am baffled as to why they still chose to belong to a Nigerian site, any suggestions?

My two cents, one good thing about Nigeria is the vast array of cultural heritage/expression . In fact that is one positive that Africa has.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2008
londoner:

Sly, did I direct my comment to you personally, or was it a general statement? My comment was quite simple really, many people here go on about how bad both Nigerians and Nigeria are, I am baffled as to why they still chose to belong to a Nigerian site, any suggestions?

The same reason or curiosity that brings westerners to Nigerian sites, i suppose.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by londoner: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2008
I understand someone who is curious coming to this site, but someone who sees nothing positive in Nigeria or Nigerians doing so seems illogical to me.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2008
londoner:

I understand someone who is curious coming to this site, but someone who sees nothing positive in Nigeria or Nigerians doing so seems illogical to me.

Not seeing positive things in Nigeria doesn't mean one should run away from anything Nigerian, and not saying anything about the negative things in Nigeria reminds me of Fela's "Suffering And Smiling" track.
My friend, the negative or evil things in Nigeria are too extreme and deserve more than just our attentions.

®~^Sly^~®:

. . .the only sensible argument i have had was with Danity. .
She got a li.l point but with too many ""buts. .ifs and maybes. .her point was dishonored and dismissed!! cool

Yes, perhaps you see that as the only sensible argument that you've had because, you enjoyed a TKO victory  grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

tongue tongue Now who's the chicken! tongue
If you could say that sippin hot tea in an air-conditioned office is a good thing about Nigeria. . .
Then i would say your point of view is obstructed with absurdity.

If you're reasonable enough to read between the lines you would observe that the hot tea in the office etc point to one thing - EMPLOYMENT,which in the face of all the bleak news we receive is definitely welcome,

®~^Sly^~®:

Is that a threat??
I'll let you draw you own conclusions

®~^Sly^~®:

Still waiting for someone to tell me at least even if not one. . just half. .  cool
You'll definitely wait till Hell freezes over,'cause you're essentially a cynic
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

I have addressed you as 'Sir' and you still telling me to keep the language civil.  What do you suggest I address you as? Baba?

It would appear that your idea of 'good things' is totally different from mine.

While I commend you and many others in Nigeria who have managed to make a good living for themselves and families despite all the minuses it is hardly newsworthy, considering that such entitlements are the bare minimum in other countries.

Your 'Sir' definitely pales into insignificance when measured with the other aspects of your posts below in red

EloSela:

Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2008
you got me wrong, sly, i am entirely in support of your posts, my comment was in responds to ty4real's post given credit to nigeria youth musicians as the good thing in nigeria
Oppps Sorry brother!
I misconstrued your post!!
Its all good . . .i got it now!! cool
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2008
Yes, perhaps you see that as the only sensible argument that you've had because, you enjoyed a TKO victory grin
Whats TKO?? ?? ??

However. . .Ma conclusion is that the white guy was absolutely right. . cool
With all the sweats here. . . you guys are yet to tell me just one good thing about Naija!!

What a country!!! sad
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2008
Jairzinho:

Your 'Sir' definitely pales into insignificance when measured with the other aspects of your posts below in red

There is nothing uncivil about the words you have highlighted in red.

Forthright probably, but not uncivil.

Again, if you can't take the heat, grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by TheSly: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin *shaking head* grin grin grin grin grin

Ok the only thing good about Nigeria is ''Nairaland'' cheesy
Just in case u find yourself in the poster's shoe in the future. .
I mean if someone ask you to say something good about Nigeria. .

Tell him/her the good thing about Nigeria is ''Nairaland'' cheesy
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2008
EloSela:

There is nothing uncivil about the words you have highlighted in red.

Forthright probably, but not uncivil.

Again, if you can't take the heat,  grin
No probs - One love ! kiss kiss
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2008
londoner:

My comment was quite simple really, many people here go on about how bad both Nigerians and Nigeria are, I am baffled as to why they still chose to belong to a Nigerian site, any suggestions?

My two cents, one good thing about Nigeria is the vast array of cultural heritage/expression . In fact that is one positive that Africa has.

I suppose it is the same mentality as those Nigerians who risk arm and leg to get a visa to the UK but at the same time still open their mouths to slag the country off!

As for me, I have a love/hate relationship with Nigeria.  grin
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by londoner: 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2008
Vicjustice, I think slagging a country off is different from giving constructive criticism. I am in no way in support of us burying our heads in the sand, that really isn't my point.

We need to talk about what needs to change, and also be ready to be a part of changing it.

Elosela, I agree, there are Nigerians who run to the Uk and end up talking negatively about it. Usually those who fail in their endeavours abroad.

I remember going to a Nigerian meeting, there wa a guy there Nigerian, who grew up in Ghana. He started talking to me and was telling me that he dislikes Nigerians, avoids them and tells people he is Ghanaian. I was like fine, but you do know this is a Nigerian meeting right? Or did you miss your way?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Vicjustice: 1:33am On Mar 28, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Whats TKO?? ?? ??
However. . .Ma conclusion is that the white guy was absolutely right. . cool
With all the sweats here. . . you guys are yet to tell me just one good thing about Naija!!

What a country!!! sad

T[/b]echnical [b]K[/b]nock [b]O[/b]ut.

londoner:

Vicjustice, I think slagging a country off is different from giving constructive criticism. I am in no way in support of us burying our heads in the sand, that really isn't my point.

[b]We need to talk about what needs to change, and also be ready to be a part of changing it

Before talking "about what needs to change" in Nigeria, we need to acknowledge the fact that Everything needs changes because there's nothing good in that country, not even ONE, or are you still saying that there is ONE GOOD THING?
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 9:47am On Mar 28, 2008
Vicjustice:

Before talking "about what needs to change" in Nigeria, we need to acknowledge the fact that Everything needs changes because there's nothing good in that country, not even ONE, or are you still saying that there is ONE GOOD THING?

This is such a stupid thing to say. angry

So because you chopped 'aduro' which allows you travel round Europe, there's nothing good about your own country? undecided

My people have a saying : [s][s]"Only a bastard child points to his father's house with his left hand"[/s][/s]

If I'd known this was your mindset I honestly wouldn't have found my way here.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by EloSela(f): 11:20am On Mar 28, 2008
The the 'Good thing' about Nigeria that one wants to know is what is newsworthy and can be reported all over the world so that it overshadows such things like innocent children been maimed and killed because they have been labelled as witches by dubious 419 pastors.
Re: Disgrace from Nigeria by Nina4eva(f): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2008
the good thing about nigeria is that home is still home, whether there or not "home is still home". It is our father land. fullstop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

SHOCKING PICTURES: Man Rapes 3 Months Old Baby In Nasarawa (Graphic Pics) / Two Sisters Stabbed Father To Death After Years Of Sexual Abuse, In Russia(Pics) / Kuda App Is A Scam, Remove Your Funds Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.