Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,398 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? (963 Views)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / (photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Read What An Ss3 Student Wrote To Her Facebook Friends?what's Ur Reaction?+ pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by MegRN(f): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
"Men and women CAN be friends - men are just more likely to want more
A scientific survey has claimed that different genders can't be friends with each other, but real-life proves this wrong

It’s one of those stories that comes around time and again, whenever any psychologist or sociologist takes it upon themselves to look into non-romantic relationships between the sexes; this time, Scientific American were among the first to jump on one such study and run the inevitable headline:
“Men and women can’t be just friends.”
The research in question was conducted by April Bleske-Rechek and her colleagues at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and looked at cross-sex friendships through the lens of evolutionary psychology.

As a woman with many male friends I’m always a little taken aback by these theories. Of course men and women can be just friends. I think I’d have noticed if I was the only one to hang out with men as well as women, and I’m pretty sure they’re not all just tagging along in the hope I might one day profess my undying love. We’re even able, in fact, to do ‘friend things’ - have coffee, watch a film, play Scrabble - all without ripping each other’s clothes off.

To suggest that any unreciprocated feelings or spurned advances irrevocably prevent the continuation of a friendship is frankly unrealistic, and seeing cross-sex relationships in these black and white terms would be a shame. Friendship lends itself to a much broader definition that can vary from person to person, incorporating everything from a best friend to a colleague you once drunkenly kissed at a Christmas party; an occasional tennis partner to a full-on ‘friend with benefits’." wink grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by toyemz(f): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
yes they can
there doesn't always have to be an agenda with friendship
whatever the sex
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by 190: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
toyemz: yes they can
there doesn't always have to be an agenda with friendship
whatever the sex

YES Am having a sweet romantic relationship with toyemz
and the s-e-x is great too wink wink wink
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by FXKing2012(m): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
190:

YES Am having a sweet romantic relationship with toyemz
and the s-e-x is great too wink wink wink
Waoooo...pls tell us more.
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by FXKing2012(m): 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
190:

what do you wanna know the friendship or the -s-e-x grin grin grin grin
Both.
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by Caracta(f): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Na wa for this epistle o. I didn't read past 5 lines but i believe that they can be friends with no strings attached. My bestfriend is male and he has a girlfriend he is madly in love with. So, friendship is possible
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by olumaxi(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
100%
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by aadetoyin(f): 12:53am On Mar 10, 2013
The post is too LONG

Anyway to the question. YES. As long as u define ur relationship. I have a male friend that we ve been so close for ten yrs and still counting and I can say it we have never had sex.
When I was gettin married a lot of people assumed I was gettin married to him grin but we re just best of friends.
some friends jokingly even call this guy my chief bridemaid at my wedding.

A man rarely picks fight or hold grudge like women so its makes it almost perfect and we advise each other.
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by fallguy(m): 2:54am On Mar 12, 2013
----
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by fallguy(m): 2:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by fallguy(m): 2:55am On Mar 12, 2013
they're actually many sides to this issue.
being a man - it may be out of inconvenience.
Girl is too ugly to consider a sexmate: guy begrudgingly settles for a 'friend'.
The more georgious she is the less likely this it to happen.
2.) long distance relato:
Guy/girl want to tear each others cloths off but for the distance, they grudgingly settle for "friendship"
3.) Guy getting his sha.g else where:
Sex is relaxing - so guy gets his sha.g, and can think calmly enough not to pounce on the "friend" bf him.
4.) Guy stayed friends so long , desire petered out:
this is one lke trying to teach an agbero how to speak queens english, relato too far gone
in friend mode its embarrasing to switch to sex mode.
besides, the feeling is mutual: female will mooch emotionally on the free male under the friend toga.
and the guy will mooch sexually - if he could.
Guys, also mooch emotionally under women in the name of "friend" relationship.
The babe fills the emotional maternal void in their lives while their girl friends fill the sexual/physical void.
its still sponging. And the girls who let themselves get mooched on, like to play mothers to baby men!!

But in some rare rare cases - out of deep respect for each other - sex cannot even be an issue.
even the thought of it may be out of the question. but its rare.
Re: Can Women And Men Be Just Friends? What Do You Guys Think? by Mynd44: 3:53am On Mar 12, 2013
I am driends with so many females that this survey is just useless.

(1) (Reply)

Guys How Would You React If Your Closest Friend Is Wooing Your GF? / She Claims That She Loves But Too Secretive. / Marriage Series: Physical Intimacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.