Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (43381 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
A MAN OR WOMAN CAN NOT BE JUST FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX

It’s no secret: guys and girls being "just friends" is a concept held by only the dreamers. Any lady who believes that she can be just a friend with a guy other than co-worker, co-student, or just on a platonic hi-hi level is in-fact the most myopic lady to walk on this planet

A guy’s friends consist of, well, only guys. The only reason a guy would go close to a girl would be to date or bed her. No guy is going to waste his time just being a friend with a girl because it’s not like she is a sports freak or a trans-gendered.

Guys have enough guy friends and won’t waste their time listening to ladies talk from a girl just to be their friend. Plain and simple he wants to bed you except of course you don't mind or he has not made it obvious yet.

Guys being friends with girls is a farce: either he wants to sleep with her, or she still believes in unicorns, because a guy cannot genuinely be friends with a girl and its either the lady secretly desires him or vis avis even while one of the two are ignorant of this.

In-fact i always tell a guy or lady to be more at alert when your bae says this about another opposite sex.."we are just friends,we enjoy each other's company,we are just fond of each other" because once you start hearing this from your bae,you should run because fondness is stronger than the feeling of love and what your bae will not dicsuss with you will be discussed freely with that person so of what use is the affair you are having?

I know some people will say not in all cases and i quite agree but there is a simple test to know if there is no hidden notion or surpressed desire so please as a lady just prove me wrong? give that just friend of yours a kiss and watch him stop you. After-all you guys ought to be just friends.

And for the married man, snap out of your delusion and tell yourself hard fact...YOU ARE OLOJU KOKORO...Let your wife be your only friend,best friend and close friend and same for the lady.

Keeping "friends" of the opposite sex while married or committed to someone is an emotional affair and its even worse than actual physical affair.

Just trying to make common sense.

159 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by falconey(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
NO

Strong attraction from the female to the male whenever they are together.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by slimmyjimmy(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yes but ur head no go dey there!

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Elosky20: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
yes that is if the both of them are gays

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Jayson504(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
A Man and a Woman can be just friends as long as no strings is attached

36 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Cutehector(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Frndships dnt last forever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by awesome11(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
I don't understand you. You mean because you and your friends can't keep such relationship with a lady, everyone can't. Don't generalize too hastily!

I have about four female friends I keep such platonic relationship with. So?

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Luckygurl(f): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nah!! angry angry

I don't believe this...
That the male friends I've got are all hanging around me cos of some future banging they hope to get.
Plus the ones I personally initiated the friendship...

If I hear undecided undecided

In as much as majority of the so called friendship between the opposite sex are mere facades to what actually is going on, you can't totally rule out the fact that there exist the platonic kinda friendship between a few that actually know what they want.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jayson504:
A Man and a Woman can be just friends as long as no strings is attached

Yes, only if both are in different relationships.

If I am married/dating and she's also married/dating then , theoretically, our emotional and sexual needs are being satisfied by our partners which are essentially the reasons why people date.

It's quasi-impossible to be just friends with a woman if she and/or you are not already dating others.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by osazeeblue01: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
No. Any girl that told u she keep male friends than female just know that she is a prostitute. If u think am lying go for research yourself.

14 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Why not

My closest female friend is a fellow Arsenal fan. We're quite close, platonically........

Her brother is a soldier tho......

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Olasco93: 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
@OP, the devil is NOT as powerful as you think.

My own opinion is that a Guy and a Girl can be Just Friends. It all depend on 3 things: Responsibleness, Maturity and Mindset of the people involve. Remember all guys/girls are not the same. People are different.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by SkinnyDude(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
unless she does not attract me sexually.. like this my neighbour.. yanshless and boobyless

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Hannysmilez(f): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
For me,I think it depends on the kind of friends. If its just simple gist friendship,its possible. If its close as in besties kinda friendship,then no.
I used to have two guys who I was just too close with,we were bestfriends until I realised they were getting way too attached. In conc. A girl and a guy could be friends with a small 'f' but not with a capital 'F'. They may have good intentions but there's a song that says "The heart wants what it wants."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Luckygurl:
Nah!! angry angry

I don't believe this...
That the male friends I've got are all hanging around me cos of some future banging they hope to get.
Plus the ones I personally initiated the friendship...

If I hear undecided undecided

In as much as majority of the so called friendship between the opposite sex are mere facades to what actually is going on, you can't totally rule out the fact that there exist the platonic kinda friendship between a few that actually know what they want.

Im impressed with your stand view..just do that simple test and GOD help you.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by gamaliel121(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
They will always fucccckkkkkk

Fuccckkking will always happen.... Bleep that shiiiit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
SkinnyDude:
unless she does not attract me sexually.. like this my neighbour.. yanshless and boobyless

This is the point i made in one of the paragraphs..

Sometimes the male may believe it s platonic but the female will be haviing another agender.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yes of cos. Am just friends with chocolateme na angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i thought u were gay angry . So, u also fork girls too. Hmmm, intresting

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by SkinnyDude(m): 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
i thought u were gay angry . So, u also fork girls too. Hmmm, intresting
jesus!!!! have we met before

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
SkinnyDude:
jesus!!!! have we met before
we have not met but i have seen many of ur gay post on nairaland. Deny and i'll post the links here for everyone to see angry

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Luckygurl(f): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Toks2008:

Im impressed with your stand view..just do that simple test and GOD help you.

grin grin
I should walk up to a male friend of mine and give him a kiss on the lips..

Lmao!!
I sure would get the 'looks like you've been neck deep into your usual romance novels' or 'when did you start drinking' reply...

On a more serious note, why should I?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by SkinnyDude(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
we have not met but i have seen many of ur gay post on nairaland. Deny and i'll post the links here for everyone to see angry
okay... oya post the link here.. let us see
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lol.

I have a female as my best friend nd yh, she's just the best person outta my family circle.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by joseph1832(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
To me it depends on what the OP mean by 'friends' because to me, I just can't be friends with anybody. My friends are those that are like me. So if a girl isn't like me, there's no way in hell we can be friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by naijaboiy: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Luckygurl:

grin grin
I should walk up to a male friend of mine and give him a kiss on the lips..

Lmao!!
I sure would get the 'looks like you've been neck deep into your usual romance novels' or 'when did you start drinking' reply...

On a more serious note, why should I?

lol! no need to walk up to him.just do that anytime both of you are together and see..shebi we watch those movies where the guy will say "oh no, we should'nt be doing this, we are freiends for petes sake.." who knows the guy might just pas the test...

6 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Deejavuu(f): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy

shocked shocked undecided
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Aminat508(f): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
shocked
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by chocolateme(f): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
Yes of cos. Am just friends with chocolateme na angry
cool.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by naijaboiy: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Deejavuu:

shocked shocked undecided
True talk undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by hoobs(m): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yess,bt my mind go still dy there,at a time we go chop clean mouth continue wid our friendship

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Investigates Her Boyfriend To See If He's Faithful And See The Outcome / Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research / You're A Bad Boy: Priest Taps Groom's Head During Wedding Kiss With Bride(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.