Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,114 members, 7,835,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate (13923 Views)

Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / Gov. Godswill Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom Campaigning For Vice President / Don’t Contest In 2011 Election, Rather Settle For Vice - Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by blackbeau1(f): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Pls can someone explain something to me? Why will a party that has been unable to agree on a logo for theirselves look for a VP candidate? That's like marketing a concept whose existence and workability,your are not sure of
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by dlight1(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
OsunOriginal: What is all these shout about xtian this xtian that? Why are xtians this bigoted and always concerned about the religion of the leader? If the muslims also come out to insist on a muslim leader, what will happen? The Boko Haram situation we are now presently facing in the north.

Xtians should focus more on their religion rather than politics here and there.
you seem rather confused with your post though I agree with the fact that we don't have to allow region to cause divide among us but that shouldn't warrant an attack on christians who are bearing their minds, and as for christians being bigot you seem not to know the meaning of the word "bigot" otherwise you will know it's a word that fitly describe the muslims we have in the north of course northerners will not even want a christian to be president for any reason, Kaduna state is an example of this madness by the northern muslims
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by kaeto(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
The yorubers disappoint me a great deal. What were you guys thinking, that the north will field or even allow a s/west flag bearer after what your kinsman did to them? It was the s/west through obj that made the north an object of ridicule in the political equation of the country today. The north still bears and nurses that grudge against the yorubers, for not only anointing into office, an ailing Yar'adua,but also supporting and electing GEJ into office in their stead. If you ever think as a yoruber, that the north will let you field fashola in APC you better wake up from that dream, that's not how the born-to-rule's operate, they'll never concede it to the west, they are'nt some patient dogs, just watch out.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Obiagu1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
jerseyboy: If Fashola is the most viable politician in the APC (and he clearly is) then he must be the presidential candidate. Anything else is unacceptable. The North should shop for a vice-presidential candidate to Fashola.

Everything in the SW is tribal. Every calculation is tribal whether it will ruin Nigeria or not.

We want Buhari as President, Oshomole/Rochas as VP.

Sweet combo right? At least it's not a muslim/muslim ticket.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Obiagu1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Buhari for President
Oshomole/Rochas for VP

We are counting on our SW brothers to vote massively for this combo.
APC 2015!

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Symphony007: 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
Since the inception of this nation's democracy there has been a northerner occupy either the presidency of vice presidency, it is disgusting, repulsive, ghastly,outrageous and totally unacceptable,the north does'nt own this country we all do!! I have never considered the APC but if they field a president and running mate from other parts of the country they'll have my vote!!

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by psalmizt(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
ALMUSTAQIM: IN MY HONEST OPINION, FOR APC TO EMERGE WINNER COME 2015;

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ; MUHAMMADU BUHARI ----- NORTH WEST

VICE PRESIDENT ; ROCHAS OKOROCHA ----- SOUTH EAST

SENATE PRESIDENT ; TUNDE FASHOLA ----- SOUTH WEST

SPEAKER, H.of REPS ; ? ----- NORTH CENTRAL

GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS APC, GOD BLESS U ALL.

For pete's sake can someone stop brandishing that name... It is clearly an insult to the younger generation that someone who ruled this nation over 29 yrs ago with a barrel of gun is still considered the most qualified candidate from the North.... Jeez, you guys have lost it. May I ask a question, aside from Buhari's record during his reign as C-in-C and the PTDF chairman ship, what other developmental activity can we point to ?? Zilch, Nothing that I can think of... Abeg all you ppl should just get a life jare.... Never will we allow a loud mouthed grand father rule us again....
As for candidates... Honestly, I think we should jettison the whole North South Dichotomy... Let the best man get the job. Let them conduct a primary and not rubber stamp ppl. Let every region go to the polls with equal number of electorates without anyone doing a hatchet job. Personally I think Oshiomole should get the Nod....People like Fashola, Utomi, should go to the Senate. While El-rufai and maybe Ribadu consider their options in the senate as well.
In as much as we need a vibrant president, the APC will do well to nominate intellectuals to fill in the Legislature as well. Because they are the ones who can really fight corruption with their law creation powers... They can even overrule the presidency with their 2/3majority thing...
So what say you Nairalanders.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by AustineE1: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Come 2015,except something extra ordinary happens,PDP will definatly win the presidential election and APC will only serve as the biggest opposition party in the country,winning governorship,senatorial,house of rep and state assemblies in some states!..in north,christains and muslims view each other with suspicion,the last thing any christain,animist or atheist from the north will do,is to vote for a northern muslim,thanks to boko haram,Hausa-fulani cattle men and pockets of religious riots!It is practically impossible for a northern muslim to get two-third majority vote required to be a president in Nigeria...they have sown the seed of discord and hatred and they are gradually reaping it!Disaffection and pronounced bitterness can be seen all over the various ethnic groups and religions in the north!...and they say'never again shall we allow wicked bloody and deceptic politicians rein over our land',those who only remember the slogan'one north',during elections!

3 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
d north are talking as if dey wil win d presidential election..i erroneously used to believe dat northern population is more dan dat of the south..d SE and SS population alone is more dan dat of d entire northern region..d north is also divided along religious lines..i tink if APC wants to challenge PDP dey shuld field in a presidential candidate from d south
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by psalmizt(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
kaeto: The yorubers disappoint me a great deal. What were you guys thinking, that the north will field or even allow a s/west flag bearer after what your kinsman did to them? It was the s/west through obj that made the north an object of ridicule in the political equation of the country today. The north still bears and nurses that grudge against the yorubers, for not only anointing into office, an ailing Yar'adua,but also supporting and electing GEJ into office in their stead. If you ever think as a yoruber, that the north will let you field fashola in APC you better wake up from that dream, that's not how the born-to-rule's operate, they'll never concede it to the west, they are'nt some patient dogs, just watch out.

The above only confirms their stupidity... It was a gamble they were willing to take knowing that the guy was half alive. To me that singular action from the Northern elites goes to show that in their mind, a half dead Northerner is better that a fully functioning southerner. Even Buahri who was in the opposition couldn't comment on his appointment. Honestly, had the guy not die in office, all this talk about forcing a sick man on them wouldn't have arisen pure and simple. Right from day one the Late umar's presidency some ppl were controlling the strings of the puppet man.... As for the candidate of the APC, it's clear the battle is btw the North and the SW/SE. Why not opt for a neutral candidate na..... I don't get this ppl o! The same reason they want to give for justifying their hatred of the SW, the SW has even 10times more to hate the North. Maybe not the whole North but at least the North West... How about a candidate from the North Central or even North East.. Abi them no be north too? wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by TechyGuy: 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
d light: you seem rather confused with your post though I agree with the fact that we don't have to allow region to cause divide among us but that shouldn't warrant an attack on christians who are bearing their minds, and as for christians being bigot you seem not to know the meaning of the word "bigot" otherwise you will know it's a word that fitly describe the muslims we have in the north of course northerners will not even want a christian to be president for any reason, Kaduna state is an example of this madness by the northern muslims

You forgot to add Taraba and Jos to the list.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by kelvincoll(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Most they select from Governors or Political Office Holders? What in the world happened to Technocrats and successful entrepreneurs cum politicians?

From all I see sofar APC has got a lot of homework to do lucky for them they stated early.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by phatlajoo: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
One thing I'm very sure abat for now is dat larger part of d nigeria population are still sentimental abat dis issue of regionization of leadership,whic is something we all av to accept for now. In my personal opinion, wit a APC presenting a young vibrant muslim northerner as presidential candidate and a popular igbo man as d vice wul give PDP a good tyt fight in 2015, even clinching d power if it wul be a free and fair election.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by TechyGuy: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
APC is a failed project by the way they are going!

I do not support any party at the moment but what is wrong in a Fashola/Oshiomole ticket?

Who can name one person in the north that is more qualified (tested and trusted), not some propaganda mercenary?

Why for goodness sake will the north already assume presidential slot before deciding the candidate? Does it speak well of all APC claim to be? I thought they were interested in Nigerian people. So, if they eventually pick a sloth it won't matter if the vp candidate is more qualified and dynamic, it just has to be a northerner as president!

Again, the SW are pawns in the hands of the north!
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by DukeNija(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
austinsmat: must north produce president why not fashola be president north vice it seem truly s.w is a political slave to north

Before??
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
North shops for Vice Presidential Candidate for APC ? Which constitution permits a section of the country to shop for a vice Presidential Candidate? APC started on a wrong footing for creating an acronym that already exists in INEC database so APC isnt even their acronym, they go about doing unconstitutional things like answering an acronym belonging to African Progressive Congress (original APC) and now, going against the constitution to tell a section of the country to shop for candidate. This is insane, but what do we expect from a bunch of uneducated President-wanna-bees.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by powersunny: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am xtian and my wife is a xtian.
The last student i wired money to is a muslim.
The couple that accomodated me and fed me free for one year in warri during NYSC are muslims.
The friend whose father provided free 2b/flat accomodation to me during my last 2 yrs in Unilag and till i got a job is a muslim.
The last family member that tried to dupe me is a xtian.
My best friends/mentor,adviser are muslims. I have long seen beyond my nose on this religion thingy. Nigeria will not progress until we realise that good leadership is not based on religion at all. Due to our peculiarly immature civilisation, i will still try to reckon if we create political balance around ethinicity/regionalism, but why add religion to the already complex situation,i don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by kaeto(m): 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
psalmizt:

The above only confirms their stupidity... It was a gamble they were willing to take knowing that the guy was half alive. To me that singular action from the Northern elites goes to show that in their mind, a half dead Northerner is better that a fully functioning southerner. Even Buahri who was in the opposition couldn't comment on his appointment. Honestly, had the guy not die in office, all this talk about forcing a sick man on them wouldn't have arisen pure and simple. Right from day one the Late umar's presidency some ppl were controlling the strings of the puppet man.... As for the candidate of the APC, it's clear the battle is btw the North and the SW/SE. Why not opt for a neutral candidate na..... I don't get this ppl o! The same reason they want to give for justifying their hatred of the SW, the SW has even 10times more to hate the North. Maybe not the whole North but at least the North West... How about a candidate from the North Central or even North East.. Abi them no be north too? wink wink wink
you still think the north is stupid, I don't percieve them to be, i've been with them and I can tell their heartbeat, their secretive nature and ways. They will never be looking at the s/west,the east nor the northcentral, not even the core north but their strongholds, like kano and katsina. The strenght of the APC lies in the unity of the northern muslims across the 12 core northern states, the bond that ensues with the ACN in the s/west and whatever they may grab from the other regions. But this strenght will be shattered if 1) a yoruber flag bearer emerges in the person of Fashola. In this case the north will be facing the same fate they suffer presently in the PDP, a sitiuation they've proven time and again they won't tolerate and will be left with the choice of forming a new party. 2) if a northern flag bearer emerges and displaces mr fashola, a scheme the yorubers will consider an insult and will never give full support to or might break away and be left with ACN. And fashola would not be tricked into being a running mate with any promise of becoming president as this would only be a clear ploy for the north to get to power then turn to other regions for future alliance. Which ever way, the reason for the merging to yield APC has a hidden northern agenda which will be fully unfolded with time.

2 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by vizboy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Come 2015 i dont see my self voting for any northern presidential candidate even if the vp is from ss sw se. I did rather vote for goodluck

i dont want no fucking northern president

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ribadu/Fashola Ticket
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by TechyGuy: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
Billyonaire: North shops for Vice Presidential Candidate for APC ? Which constitution permits a section of the country to shop for a vice Presidential Candidate? APC started on a wrong footing for creating an acronym that already exists in INEC database so APC isnt even their acronym, they go about doing unconstitutional things like answering an acronym belonging to African Progressive Congress (original APC) and now, going against the constitution to tell a section of the country to shop for candidate. This is insane, but what do we expect from a bunch of uneducated President-wanna-bees.

And that logo that looks more like a sweepers' association in Idumota!
Sincerely, i thought they will pose a worthy opposition nut nay, its just a northern mercenary to wrestle power from GEJ with SW as pawns.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by TechyGuy: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
powersunny: I am xtian and my wife is a xtian.
The last student i wired money to is a muslim.
The couple that accomodated me and fed me free for one year in warri during NYSC are muslims.
The friend whose father provided free 2b/flat accomodation to me during my last 2 yrs in Unilag and till i got a job is a muslim.
The last family member that tried to dupe me is a xtian.
My best friends/mentor,adviser are muslims. I have long seen beyond my nose on this religion thingy. Nigeria will not progress until we realise that good leadership is not based on religion at all. Due to our peculiarly immature civilisation, i will still try to reckon if we create political balance around ethinicity/regionalism, but why add religion to the already complex situation,i don't understand.

You need to look at every Islamic regime/state and you will know you cannot separate Islam from politics.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Fantacy1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am begining 2 doubth d stands of APC. Must d presidentila candidate come 4rm d North? Watz all dis born 2 rule attitude for? They'll surely fail if dey dnt focuse on d subject mata
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by psalmizt(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
kaeto: you still think the north is stupid, I don't percieve them to be, i've been with them and I can tell their heartbeat, their secretive nature and ways. They will never be looking at the s/west,the east nor the northcentral, not even the core north but their strongholds, like kano and katsina. The strenght of the APC lies in the unity of the northern muslims across the 12 core northern states, the bond that ensues with the ACN in the s/west and whatever they may grab from the other regions. But this strenght will be shattered if 1) a yoruber flag bearer emerges in the person of Fashola. In this case the north will be facing the same fate they suffer presently in the PDP, a sitiuation they've proven time and again they won't tolerate and will be left with the choice of forming a new party. 2) if a northern flag bearer emerges and displaces mr fashola, a scheme the yorubers will consider an insult and will never give full support to or might break away and be left with ACN. And fashola would not be tricked into being a running mate with any promise of becoming president as this would only be a clear ploy for the north to get to power then turn to other regions for future alliance. Which ever way, the reason for the merging to yield APC has a hidden northern agenda which will be fully unfolded with time.
@bolded.
am miffed when ppl think Nigeria will remain the same foreva. There's an obvious shift in the balance of power. I agree they might have some secretive ploy but it is going down bro... Mark my words... Let the drama begin... Armoured Personnel Carrier it is... All man get your defences right...
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by dayokanu(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Laalamed: sw people are not aggressive about religion but nigerians will not vote for muslim-muslim ticket because north cannot vote for christian-christian ticket.if north wants progress of the nation let them support a christian from north then BRF can be a running mate.

Did Nigerians not vote for MKO-Kingibe on a Moslem -Moslem ticket?

Buhari fahola we want
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
In this era. Muslims aint seeing the presidential seat until further notice.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by dayokanu(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Isn't it so shameful to hear that in 2013, 53 years after independence, a set of idiotas up north are sitting down to look for a vice presidential candidate having concluded that they will produce the president and some other set of idiotas down south are actually waiting to be chosen to do the yes-man hatchet job. Some people don't even have any sense of pride. How repugnant is this? Pitiful slave mentality! What in the world makes the lousy foools think it is their right to produce the president? If Oshiomole ever accept such crap, he will loose my respect! Why can't he be the president himself?

Anyway, let them continue to gather. "Their gathering is not of me saith the Lord". For over forty years, these foools plundered and wasted us. They stole from us and sodomized our societies. If they think we are ready to go back there after seeing the light, the joke is on them.

On the side, no vice presidential candidate has ever succeeded his boss in Nigeria apart from GEJ! And GEJ succeeded because of his bosses death. Not even in the military dispensation did it happen.

[size=18pt]Didnt your boss Retardeen Jonathan accept to be a Vice president or Yes man as you called it to a Northerner?[/size]
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by muktarmtt(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Raxz: From the look of things if APC is ready to win power come 2015 they have just two options, one bring in a Christian presidential candidate from the north. or, two bring in presidential candidate from the S.E. Weather we like it or not northern Christian will not vote for any Muslim candidate from the region as against GEJ from the SS. And likewise the same apply to SS, SE, SW and NC nomatter how ppl think GEJ is been hate, Christians from this regions will preferred him to any Muslim candidate come 2015 even Christians in the cor-north will rather vote GEJ than for them to vote a Muslim candidate from the north which their believe hate they with passion. from the way religion has divide the country, this are the APC chances of winning any state from the SS, SE most likely some state in SW and NC. If not the only regions APC will have advantage ovena GEJ is NE and NW with 100% vote, bt remember PDP understand the game well, so they may likely drop sambo as VP and look for strong VP candidate form the NE or NW who can influence voters from that region.
Mtsw rubbish see hw u dey run ur mouth lyk shit talking abt north christian d u knw dere statistic men christian north are very few so dey wouldn't change anyting daz why we didn't see dem as a treat so go back nd recolculate ur mat cos ur analysis is wrong so u r going 2 fail dude so stop foolyn ur self
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by PaulJohn1: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obiagu1:

Everything in the SW is tribal. Every calculation is tribal whether it will ruin Nigeria or not.

We want Buhari as President, Oshomole/Rochas as VP.

Sweet combo right? At least it's not a muslim/muslim ticket.

Any problem with Muslim/muslim ticket?
What a country
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by iconaus: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
This is where APC has a big issue . Nothing just forming a party. If VP and president are not carefully selected, they gona loss because the pary has religiuos and ethnnic inclination. Muslimm/muslim ticket will not win the election.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by muktarmtt(m): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
samtheman: [b][/b][color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]my opinion, no bi say fight! I think APC should Shop and beg T.Y Danjuma to be there presidential candidate a christian 4rom the north while Fashola should vice him shikenan!
Mtsw am alargic 2 rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abiola’s Wife To Run For Lagos Governor In 2015 / Rochas Okorocha & Wife Gift Widow N1 Million, A House & Automatic Job / I Do Not Know Tinubu Or Lai Muhammed,kwara Must Change Convener,abdulrazaq Hamza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.