Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate (13937 Views)

Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / Gov. Godswill Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom Campaigning For Vice President / Don’t Contest In 2011 Election, Rather Settle For Vice - Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by danny301: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
harmless011:

So you sincerely believe that no Igbo man have what it takes to become the president of Nigeria, i am very much sorry for your type with this ogogoro mentality.
Are you aware that the former power minister Mr barth Nnaji is an Igbo man, at least most ACN guys here acknowledged that the man performed excellently as power minister, and when politicians want to soil his reputation he simply resigns. What about Dora Akunyili former DG NAFDAC, and others too numerous to mention, can you name one minister from your tribe that performed better than Barth Nnaji.

Dora Akunyili couldn't win a senatorial District and somebody is mentioning her name for Presidency.... Are you for real?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by PapaBrowne(m): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
The beginning of failure. Again, they have started the exact same thing.

The word Northern Muslim Candidate is anathema in the Southern and middle belt Nigeria!!
One of the reasons Jonathan won the last elections with ease was the entitlement mentality that the northerners displayed!

Which southerner or middle beltan is going to vote Northern Muslim Candidates who have totally refused to condenm Boko Haram, tell their subjugates that Boko Haram is a US/FG/Christian attempt at frustrating Islam and at the same time ask the FG to grant this same Boko Haram amnesty.

Yes we are scared of Nothern Muslim Candidates. What we want is Nigerian candidates! People who can transcend cultures and tribes! We dont care what state he is from, we just want him to be Nigerian. Ribadu is a Nigerian. Dangote is a Nigerian. Marwa is a Nigerian. Buhari on the other hand is a Northern Muslim Candidate. We will refuse him for the forth time since he is trying to prove to us that he is insane by living up the phrase: Doing the same thing with the same method and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity!

2 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
PapaBrowne: The beginning of failure. Again, they have started the exact same thing.

The word Northern Muslim Candidate is anathema in the Southern and middle belt Nigeria!!
One of the reasons Jonathan won the last elections with ease was the entitlement mentality that the northerners displayed!

Which southerner or middle beltan is going to vote Northern Muslim Candidates who have totally refused to condenm Boko Haram, tell their subjugates that Boko Haram is a US/FG/Christian attempt at frustrating Islam and at the same time ask the FG to grant this same Boko Haram amnesty.

Yes we are scared of Nothern Muslim Candidates. What we want is Nigerian candidates! People who can transcend cultures and tribes! We dont care what state he is from, we just want him to be Nigerian. Ribadu is a Nigerian. Dangote is a Nigerian. Marwa is a Nigerian. Buhari on the other hand is a Northern Muslim Candidate. We will refuse him for the forth time since he is trying to prove to us that he is insane by living up the phrase: Doing the same thing with the same method and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity!

1000 Likes

2 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OrigamiIII: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
jammyng: you're definitely a Muslim because your post is biased. Hope you change so Nigeria can be better.
The only card best to play now is the muslim-muslim ticket comprising the northern presidency and a southern vice.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by badesco(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Who is their presidential candidate?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OrigamiIII: 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
ziccoit:

It is never about North vs South. It is about failure to enthrone a true leader of Nigerians since independent.
I think the best ticket options are:
-Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / Rochas Okorocha
Or
-Sanusi Lamido / Chris Ngige
Or
-Sanusi Lamido / Fashola

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by badesco(m): 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Is Sanusi qualified? No.....so he is out of the race.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by outofthebox: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
''
Fortunately or unfortunately, the South-West is not terribly obsessed with matters of religion.

thank you sir for understanding us.we are understanding due to our high level of education
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OrigamiIII: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
SIRCONFIDENCE: Ribadu/Fashola Ticket
Ribadu can't sell.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OrigamiIII: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
badesco: Is Sanusi qualified? No.....so he is out of the race.

What makes sanusi unqualified?Pls tell me.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by badesco(m): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
Origami III:

What makes sanusi unqualified?Pls tell me.

The guy is too sentimental, passionate about a particular region of the country. somebody like that would probably allow this country to disintegrate.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by AK481(m): 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
jerseyboy: If Fashola is the most viable politician in the APC (and he clearly is) then he must be the presidential candidate. Anything else is unacceptable. The North should shop for a vice-presidential candidate to Fashola.
and a christain northern vp for that matter!

bt the truth be told,apc is a failure!,they will simply leave gej unshakken in his stronghold(se n ss n mayb nc),so what av they achived?

the only soln is a northern muslim presido,and a christain south easterner.with the presence of tinubu n all the acn govs they ll still win d sw,if thats d sacrifice they want to pay,they are welcome.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by saintohia: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Isn't it so shameful to hear that in 2013, 53 years after independence, a set of idiotas up north are sitting down to look for a vice presidential candidate having concluded that they will produce the president and some other set of idiotas down south are actually waiting to be chosen to do the yes-man hatchet job. Some people don't even have any sense of pride. How repugnant is this? Pitiful slave mentality! What in the world makes the lousy foools think it is their right to produce the president? If Oshiomole ever accept such crap, he will loose my respect! Why can't he be the president himself?

Anyway, let them continue to gather. "Their gathering is not of me saith the Lord". For over forty years, these foools plundered and wasted us. They stole from us and sodomized our societies. If they think we are ready to go back there after seeing the light, the joke is on them.

On the side, no vice presidential candidate has ever succeeded his boss in Nigeria apart from GEJ! And GEJ succeeded because of his bosses death. Not even in the military dispensation did it happen.

^^^^^^

1000+ likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by saintohia: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2013

APC is a tool that the North want to use and return to power by all means, through the aid of SW.

We already know who their presidential candidate and VP are.

One thing is certain, believe it or leave it, Muslim / Muslim ticket can't win election in present and even future Nigeria equation.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by rosebowl01(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
I urge my people in the SW to NOT vote for people that has vowed to dominate you even when it's obvious that they don't have as much (relative to others) to offer. I understand that Igbos can be annoying, but that doesn't mean they're not our brothers in the South anymore. I will rather support a southern candidate than allow the North to use us to get to the presidency. They've done this in the past by using Igbos in the 1st and 2nd Republics to get Tafawa Balewa and Shagari into power respectively. They then turn around and attacked this people for flimsy excuses (can you guess who got the blames after?). Please consider ONLY candidates from your (South) region. Let us maintain this mindset until they give us our due respect, and when they're ready to play fair politics. It shall be well with us.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by alex101(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
I dey laugh at these northern cattle rearers and their Yoruba house wives grin grin. Any attempt by the opposition not fielding an Igbo as its presidential flag bearer is dead on arrival cool. When 2015 comes, we will vote back our eastern brother GEJ,,,SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
samtheman: [b][/b][color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]my opinion, no bi say fight! I think APC should Shop and beg T.Y Danjuma to be there presidential candidate a christian 4rom the north while Fashola should vice him shikenan!

So you dont care what the person represents, all you want is a xtian from the mostly muslim north. Reverse your role and see yourself as a northerner and a muslim, how will you react to this your demented proposition above? What does Danjuma represent? Status quo or a change?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Acecube(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
The fact that we can point to the Oshiomhole's , Fashola's and Rochas' from the south show that these men are really qualified for the presidential seat.

Till this very moment i have been trying so hard to put myself in the shoes of this group of individuals (that are making arrangement for a northern presidential candidate ) to pick any qualified candidates from the north and i'm still seeking divine intervention coz so far so good none come to mind.

Mind you i'm not talking about muslim/muslim , christian/christian or heteroreligious ticket, all i'm saying is bring out a qualified candidates ( i.e that has performed credibly ''near'' ,i'm not even saying ''more'' coz that will be suicidal,than the 3 aforementioned governors ) from that region (north) and i know my sourthern brothers will support the ticket....

With the way Apc is going they better face reality by fielding competent candidates or they end up being dribbled by Pdp as opined by Bamanga Turkur.

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by M17: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
o
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by vanunu: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
are you a big fool__
Omo_Tier1: Wining ticket : Buhari and Oshiomhole, Fashola for Senate President. Rochester needs to remain in IMO State for another 6years minimum and turn IMO State into the pride of South East before He can take shot at the Presidency.

Right now we need a team that can crush corruption, restore security and pursue aggressive development. I really do not care where the individuals are from but never again should Nigeria end up with a mediocre as a president!

If Buhari decides not the run, then Oshiomhole would be my first choice for the Presidency and I would Fashola for me should be Senate President. It is so sad for the first time for so long as I can remember, I can't think of any South Easterner who really possess the accuse to be a Vice President nor President. Look at Ayim, even as the SFG, there is nothing one can speak well of about his reign.

ENOUGH OF EMERGENCY PRESIDENT.... NIGERIA NEEDS A PRESIDENT OF NECESSITY....
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
jammyng: you're definitely a Muslim because your post is biased. Hope you change so Nigeria can be better.

Of course I am a muslim and I have watched with interest the noise about a xtian leader coming mostly from our sentimentalists/tribalists SE brothers/sisters.

At a time when our concern should be to have the right person governing the country irrespective of religious affiliation. Is this not the same country that voted for MKO Abiola and Kingigbe both of who were muslims? What has changed? We now have more fanatical xtians? In Osun state during the evil regim of Oyinlola, both the governor and his deputy are xtians? Does it mean the muslims who are in majority in Osun state were blind?

In Ekiti state today, both governor and deputy are xtians. I have not seen any xtian talking about balance political positions - or are there no muslims in Ekiti state?

Guys, lets begin to use our brain and focus on things that will bring positive change to our country and stop religious bigotry.

1 Like

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Wining ticket : Buhari and Oshiomhole, Fashola for Senate President. Rochester needs to remain in IMO State for another 6years minimum and turn IMO State into the pride of South East before He can take shot at the Presidency.

Right now we need a team that can crush corruption, restore security and pursue aggressive development. I really do not care where the individuals are from but never again should Nigeria end up with a mediocre as a president!

If Buhari decides not the run, then Oshiomhole would be my first choice for the Presidency and I would Fashola for me should be Senate President. It is so sad for the first time for so long as I can remember, I can't think of any South Easterner who really possess the accuse to be a Vice President nor President. Look at Ayim, even as the SFG, there is nothing one can speak well of about his reign.

ENOUGH OF EMERGENCY PRESIDENT.... NIGERIA NEEDS A PRESIDENT OF NECESSITY....

I agree completely...
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hackin: may amadioha strike dat ur epileptic fingers! who re u to determine for igbo?

Truth is bitter but that is only thing that can set you free.
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
bleufaucon: It's quite obvious in this site that. Ibibio's,efiks and igbos aint regarded. It is always wait for some years and prepare,while south west and north are the one's fit at all times to rule without preparation..well Fashola will never rule nigeria for he's no pan-africanist but a western puppet. Dead country.

Which one is Ibiobio?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by vanunu: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
APC with 11 states only want to challenge PDP that has 25 states hahahahaa
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
ALMUSTAQIM: IN MY HONEST OPINION, FOR APC TO EMERGE WINNER COME 2015;

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ; MUHAMMADU BUHARI ----- NORTH WEST

VICE PRESIDENT ; ROCHAS OKOROCHA ----- SOUTH EAST

SENATE PRESIDENT ; TUNDE FASHOLA ----- SOUTH WEST

SPEAKER, H.of REPS ; ? ----- NORTH CENTRAL

GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS APC, GOD BLESS U ALL.

And how many votes can Rochas deliver? Do you think this election is about appeasing a disgruntled tribe? We know Igbo will not vote for the right ticket even if you nominate an igbo man as president, so why should they be given VP slot?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
OsunOriginal:

And how many votes can Rochas deliver? Do you think this election is about appeasing a disgruntled tribe? We know Igbo will not vote for the right ticket even if you nominate an igbo man as president, so why should they be given VP slot?
how do you determine the 'right ticket'?
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
kaeto: The yorubers disappoint me a great deal. What were you guys thinking, that the north will field or even allow a s/west flag bearer after what your kinsman did to them? It was the s/west through obj that made the north an object of ridicule in the political equation of the country today. The north still bears and nurses that grudge against the yorubers, for not only anointing into office, an ailing Yar'adua,but also supporting and electing GEJ into office in their stead. If you ever think as a yoruber, that the north will let you field fashola in APC you better wake up from that dream, that's not how the born-to-rule's operate, they'll never concede it to the west, they are'nt some patient dogs, just watch out.

The Yorubas are visionaries and we know what we are dooing - when we are done you will see what we are seeing that short sighted people can't see. Sincerely Nigeria is what it is today courtesy of Yorubas. We have democracy today courtesy of Yorubas - we led the fight when the Igbos where busy struggling to align with the juntas in power. If am wrong, name one yaminrin that was part of the struggle to chase the military away. We did it for all to enjoy and for igbos to come now asking to be given presidential ticket.

Anyway, you will get it but not now.

2 Likes

Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by M17: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
PREPARE TO DIVIDE NIGERIA 2015 .DISGRUNTLED ASS LICKING PEOPLE SORRY ASS GENERATION
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by M17: 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
[quote author=OsunOriginal]

The Yorubas are visionaries and we know what we are dooing - when we are done you will see what we are seeing that short sighted people can't see. Sincerely Nigeria is what it is today courtesy of Yorubas. We have democracy today courtesy of Yorubas - we led the fight when the Igbos where busy struggling to align with the juntas in power. If am wrong, name one yaminrin that was part of the struggle to chase the military away. We did it for all to enjoy and for igbos to come now asking to be given presidential ticket.

[/quo/
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
So the Progressive APC has zoned presidency to the north. confirming its the new PDP. Next on top of this parochial intelligence some people are now shouting how the religion does not matter. If you have started regional zoning, you have to do religious zoning too?
Anyway, APC is dead on arrival! It's left for us to tell the story.
2015 is for GEJ and David Mark. a little note to the SW, if Nigeria exists beyond 2015, it will continue to be ruled by people from minority tribes for the next 20 years! I do hope it will breath it's last before May 29, 2015!
Re: North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate by M17: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
OsunOriginal:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos / War Over Value Added Tax: The Facts And The Fictions By Olawepo Hashim / Aisha Buhari Presents Cheques To Chibok Girls Families, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.