Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (54467 Views)

Poll: Who is more skillful?

Okocha: 69% (101 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Between Steven Keshi And Jay jay Okocha,who Is More Richer? / Lionel Messi Versus Okocha: Who Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:11pm On May 23, 2006
Hey quote me!. Okocha of 2004
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2006
Okocha of now is out of Magic! Hmnn
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2006
Okocha can still pull of a match winner @ anytime, remember Bergkamp
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2006
chris, your post should have been,

okocha could pull a match winner, thennnn, not now,
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2006
Sometimes, he can still make the difference, like provide some inspiration if possible get a game out of 0-0, that's what old experienced players do.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2006
you r forgetting that okocha is the person with most balls displaced from in bolton,

a total of 35 from the time he joined bolton,

16 of which have led goals, notably the one of 2003 when bolton played arsenal 2-2 at the reebok,

bolton were leading 2-1 as at the 88th minute, okocha did a needless flick, he was dispossessed by ashley cole, latched the pass to pires, pires to henry, GOAL,

ronaldinho hardly losses the ball
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2006
All d same, i prefer okocha of 2004
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2006
i think you need a spiritualist, wink
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2006
shey make i call spiri for u, ? grin
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 11:26am On May 28, 2006
Jesus is enuf
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by lordimpaq(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2006
if jesus is enough, then remove the need a spiritualist sign at the bottom of ya name
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by dermey(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2006
u all dont know what u are saying ,dont 4get dat dinho got his skills from okocha ]when they are in psg so dont take okocha as a small kid instead of dinho.

okocha trained dat dog called ronaldinho
so my okocha is more skillful than dat small kid eyin-ronaldinho(omo ise okocha)
so u all are stupid 4 saying dat to my dear okocha(baba oloye)
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:49am On Jun 01, 2006
Hey ,

Dinho is better looking at everything!

but Okocha of 2004 is a bit more skillful than Ronaldinho
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2006
Ronaldinho is unarguably more skillful than Okocha.
Who the hell is Okocha?
Have u guys forgotten the way Dinho danced to score a goal at Stamford Bridge in 2004/05 season?
Didn't u guys watch the El-Classico at the Bernabeu?
Y'all guys should not even compare Dinho to Jay-Jay. Its like comparing Henry to Femi Opabunmi.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2006
Listen guys, i had the oppourtunity to watch Okoch play for Bolton reserves. I'll tell you this guy has got some mad tricks and crazy touch. It was just a match for him to get back to fitness.

During the match, 11 a side match, he received a through ball, one and one with the goal keeper. If you see what okocha did to the goal keeper we would not even be argueing about who is more skill full.

One and one with the goal keeper, ohhhh is going to shoot, no, he held is shooting leg behind him with is hand while the goal keeper dived the wrong way and jay jay just walked straight in to the net. Now tell me, it takes someone special to do that. Dinho will never in his life do that unless he wants to die.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2006
;d
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2006
lordimpaq:

you r forgetting that okocha is the person with most balls displaced from in bolton,

ronaldinho hardly losses the ball

Bros, which planet are u from? Do you watch football at all? Ronaldinho looses ball more than anyone else on the field of play. Why do you think he always wins freekicks? He's always being disposessed and fallen down, unlike Okocha who hardly falls down when tackled. So what are you telling me?

@Babwilms, I dey gbadun you jare. Ride on! cheesy

@All

I was watching the video clip of one makossa song on TV two days ago and they were showing players performing fantastic skills in various matches while the song was still on. Of all players shown, only Okocha was shown about four (4) different times, in different matches, performing different wonderful skills. Ronaldinho was only shown once and he couldn't even dribble past the the opponent. They both just stood there looking at each other until Ronaldinho decided to do a 'leg over' which didn't even work as expected. One of the most outstanding skills of Okocha done was where there were 3 opponents attacking him and he stylishly escaped from them by passing the ball with his other leg to his own team mate. I really can't explain how he did it, 'cos there's no way one could have thought he would still have maintained the ball possession at that moment, with three people attacking him! That guy is ten much!! cheesy

Also, note that we're comparing the Okocha in his twenties and very early thirties, with the Ronaldinho who's only in his mid-twenties.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2006
Is that what u think?

Go and watch Nike's "ole" commercial ad and tell me if Okocha cld have dribbled the way Ronaldinho went past a defender.
The move was so fassssssssssst Nike had to do it in a slow motion so ur eyes can see.

Dinho is a god of soccer.
Okocha cannot match him at all in all departments.
He edges Okocha out cos he's got a better goal sense and goal sense is the most important skill in football.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2006
hucarson:

Go and watch Nike's "ole" commercial ad and tell me if Okocha cld have dribbled the way Ronaldinho went past a defender.
The move was so fassssssssssst Nike had to do it in a slow motion so your eyes can see.
Who's talking of TV commercial here? Damn!

Duhhh!! It was a commercial and everything would have been done to make the commercial look presentable. The defender would have been told which moves to make to make Ronaldinho's dribbling look so superb! Let him try that on the field of play and tell me if he will go past the defender.

hucarson:

Dinho is a god of soccer.
Okocha cannot match him at all in all departments.
He edges Okocha out because he's got a better goal sense and goal sense is the most important skill in football.
I already explained what I mean by skills here. You don't have to add your own 'jara' to suit your argument. I even admitted earlier that Ronaldinho is better than Okocha in all areas except skills. Get that into your skull! wink
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2006
Those in support of Dinho. Did you even watch or know Okocha during his early days as a footballer (93-98)? Or you only started watching okocha when he stopped dribbling much? Go to Turkey and asked the fans even a blind man, they will tell you say okocha na father of skills.

He stopped dribbling like before after he was made captain of the super eagles but still Dinho still can't match him.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2006
Ronaldinho is better in everything but not in skills compared to what Okocha was in his early days!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2006
@ goodguy,
I must assume your problem is the Use of English Language. Go to your dictionary and check the meaning of skill.
How can u utter a statement that Ronaldinho is better than Okocha in all areas but skills? U seem to forget that the all areas u have mentioned are skills as well.

Heading,Powerful Shots,Free-kicks,Goal-sense,Ball control,Stealth,Tackles and etc are all skills.
The more skillful player amongst these 2 will be the player that has more of these attributes than the other and that makes it Ronaldinho.

As regards the Nike commercial ad, When i saw it at first, i argued blatantly it was staged/computer-enhanced because the move was too good to be true until i saw Ronaldinho did the same move against Nesta(the best central defender in the world).
Go n watch Barcelona V AC Milan @ Nou camp in 2004/05 season and tell me if that was acting.
U wldn't have noticed it cos that move is too fast for the eyes + brain to catch.
Ronaldinho did the same thang to Nesta to score a very fantastic goal.

@ Babwilms,
U have shot yourself in the leg. Did u say Turkey?
How can u compare Turkish league to La Liga or even the French legaue?
Who will reckon with what Okocha was doing among mediocres in the mid 90s.

@ Spikelord,
"Ronaldinho is better than Okocha in everything but not in skills".
Can u please explain what u meant by everything?
I can bet, those "everything" are SKILLS as well.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2006
No,

Passes, Shot power, dribbling, goal sense and other things but looking at what they can do with the ball off-pitch. Don't tell me you've not been seeing his documentaries!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2006
@hucarson. I am not comparing other leagues here or didn't you read the context in which i was explaining. Also what difference does it make, i could also say go ask the the Germans, English and French that follow bundesliga, premiership and ligue 1 respectively the legacy Okocha has left in this countries.

The whole point of my arguement is that Okocha's has left unforgetable memories in this countries with his breath taking skills which Ronaldinho is yet to make. I doubt if Dinho can make impacts in less establish teams like Jay Jay has done.

Do you even watch Okocha play self? I bet you dont. Too carried away watching Barca.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2006
What skill are we talking about here? Is it skill as in who is a better dribbler or skill as in dictionary definition (Shooting, control, passing, goal sense and many more).
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by hucarson(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2006
@ Babwilms,
The subject reads: Who is more skillful?
It simply means who is more skillfull overall?
The answer is Ronaldinho.
I have been following Okocha since 1993 when he represented Nigeria in Mauritius till date.
He is very talented but don't dare compare him with Ronaldinho.
It beats me how humans forget so easily.
Have u forgotten what he did to Ashley Cole 4 years ago at the last World Cup?
Ashley Cole nearly had a disloctaion of the ankle.grin
What about his free-kick against David Seaman? That was subliminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be surprised i will even mention Denilson and Abedi Pele before Okocha.

@ Spikelord,
There should be no controversy here.
Ronaldinho stands taller than Okocha in all departments of football skills on the pitch + off-pitch.
I have seen loadz of documentaries on the 2 players and Ronaldinho has a big edge over Jay-Jay.
Dinho is very skillful and he is Barcelona.
Try and watch Barcelona without Dinho and u will be surprised how flat and non-creative the team is.
Put Dinho in the team and all u see is breath-taking moves and "off-the-chain" ball delivery.
How much in value was Dinho's pass to Guily against AC Milan? Priceless!
How much in collateral damage was Dinho's pass to Etoo cost Arsenal? Lehmann's red card.
Lets give RESPECT  to whom its due.
Dinho is a god.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by babwilms(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2006
Now i understand what you mean. However below are the qualities i know Okocha is better than Dinho just to mention few.

1) Okocha is more creative, as in he can do the unexpected
2) Better Dribbler. Jaw breaking touches.
3) Both footed. He uses them more than Dinho. He can shoot perfectly with both.
4) Okocha has good long range passes.
5) Box to Box type of midfielder
6) Unpredictable unlike Dinho(step overs always)

With Okocha, their is always something new to learn. Dinho better not try them because he might break a toe or more.lol
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2006
You think?
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2006
I believe Dinho's name will have to be in record for receiving the World Footballer of the Year award Nine times or even ten but he dare not forget who Okocha is!

Remember what Okocha did to Owen!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by cassidy(f): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2006
haba, master no dey shout

RONALDINHO is d guy, who is okocha by his side
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2006
Nobody is disputing the fact but hey, It's obvious u are not a soccer fan by the way!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2006
it's like saying Eto'o has more shooting power than R.Carlos. or that Crouch is a better header than Bierhoff (man put 2 and 2 together)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / World Cup Final: See Moment Fans Invaded The Pitch (Photos) / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.