Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (54398 Views)

Poll: Who is more skillful?

Okocha: 69% (101 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Between Steven Keshi And Jay jay Okocha,who Is More Richer? / Lionel Messi Versus Okocha: Who Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by sayaya: 11:09am On Aug 06, 2006
well for me i will tell yu that ronaldinhi was inspired by the skills of JJ in PSG , I heard the ESPN commentator sayin that ronaldinho him self admited that he learn his tricks from strreets of brazil and waching JJ play in PSG,
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by labelle1(f): 3:51am On Aug 08, 2006
Why doeople just decieve themselves look Ronaldinho might watched from jj(even if i find it hard to believe)but he is still a better player Fact and end of. smiley
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2006
I am sure its only a Nigerian that can think of comparing Ronaldinho and Oko-what Okocha when Okocha never played for a top team in his career he played 3 world cups without any impact never won African footballer for once we would talk of CAF bias as if it was UEFA that gave Kanu the award twice George Weah won the world footballer as a Liberian. In Africa Weah, Abedi, Etoo, Roger Milla, Kanu are all better than Okocha who can be compared to Denilson a no focus player That enjoyed playing in Fenerbahce,PSG,Bolton and Frankfurt which are third or fourth grade European teams
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by rikkyjen(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2006
dayokanu:

I am sure its only a Nigerian that can think of comparing Ronaldinho and Oko-what Okocha when Okocha never played for a top team in his career he played 3 world cups without any impact never won African footballer for once we would talk of CAF bias as if it was UEFA that gave Kanu the award twice George Weah won the world footballer as a Liberian. In Africa Weah, Abedi, Etoo, Roger Milla, Kanu are all better than Okocha who can be compared to Denilson a no focus player That enjoyed playing in Fenerbahce,PSG,Bolton and Frankfurt which are third or fourth grade European teams

Exactly my point!!! okocha is one of the unluckiest playas to play the round leather game, apparently gifted but had the worst agents in soccer history.We can still pardon him for playing in Frankfurt, afterall he waz new to europe and prolly looking for a big break, but wasting almost four seasons at fernabache shocked shocked was actually disheartening. Another thing waz that Okocha played soccer to enjoy himself, he saw it as a leisure game rather than his career.he did flicks which were mesmerizing, and which landed him at bolton/PSG and all this weird clubs.Ofcourse ronnies skills took him to greater heights.If okocha showed seriousness and tactical discipline in his early years like he showed in Bolton, he would have rubbed shoulders with Zidane , Figo and his fellow old brigades leaving the game sad sad sad sad
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Jackal(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2006
@ Rikkyjen.

U are absolutely spot-on and i admire ur brilliant analysis.
I have pondered times without number why Nigerian players just seem to lose the momentum and fail to push things beyond the finish line.
Check this out--------------

Kanu was named the MVP at Atlanta 96. The same competition had Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Crespo, Roberto Ayala, Ortega, Nuno Gomes, Makelele, Pires, Vieira, Wiltord, Dida, Morientes and Mendieta.
Although, few peops might argue with me but i'm absolutely sure Kanu was miles better than the crop of players i mentioned as at Atlanta 96 but how/why did Kanu decline and the bulk of the above-named players went on to become superstars.

Anutha classic example was Nigeria 99.
Julius Agahowa and Pius Ikedia both had a very brilliant tournament which should have launched 'em to greater heights but where are they today?
The same competiton also had players like Ronaldinho, Cambiasso, Ashley Cole, Damien Duff, Robbie Keane, Diego Forlan, Rafael Marquez and Iker Casillas.
My question here is why do other players(European/South-American) use youth tournaments as a launch pad to boost their respective careers and Africans especially Nigerians just fade to black?
Is it the falsification of age factor or a curse?
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by sil(m): 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2006
KING THIERRY HENRY (II) not any of them.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by GUNNER(f): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2006
Nope no curses its my belief their "REAL" age just catches up with them

Football is a game of talent,skill, stamina and brains ehm, if i have forgotten anything u may add it

The motto is "catch them young" and when some players CHEAT on a level playing field, they will surely be found out because its only a matter of time before the physical aspects of the sport takes its toll on their bodies

Thats why after these FIFA age-group competitions certain footballers fade into oblivion within a few years whilst others keep shining and reach their pinacle of success within those SAME few years

A case in point was Atlanta 96 at which these GEMS emerged Hernan Crespo, Ariel Ortega,Javier Zanetti, Alessandro Nesta,Fabio Cannavaro,Gianluigi Buffon, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Dida, Ronaldo,

Vis-a-vis

These players who were also stars at the tournament Tijani Babangida(Okada) Celestine Babayaro(Playboy) Augustine Okocha(so good they named him twice) Wilson Oruma(Headmaster) Sunday Oliseh(Master Passer) Kanu Nwankwo(Papilo) Taribo West(Pastor) Mobi Oparaku(Shortie) Victor Ikpeba(Prince of Monaco)
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2006
@la belle, dayokanu:

This topic is about who is more skillful, not who is generally better.

Please take note. cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by labelle1(f): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2006
If you are talking about skills my God i can't imagine you are comparing Okocha to Ronaldinho. Have you ever seen this advert on Super sport about soccer and they show ronaldinho display his skills my God . No need to argue at all. Em please tell me who won the best soccer player in 2004 smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2006
Kindly do me yourself a favour - Go to page 1 and read the first post, and subsequent posts as well. Thanks!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by labelle1(f): 3:51am On Aug 11, 2006
What you do not understand is that you have blocked yourself and you are not facing reality Ronaldinho, have you even sat down to watch him play. Instead of focusing on the game you'll see how he make a fool of his opponents . Seriously sit down and watch him play smiley
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by dayokanu(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2006
In every aspect of the game Skill or Purpose Ronaldinho is FAR ahead of Okocha Okocha can compete with Denilson Not Ronaldinho That is why all reasonable world class coach do not want him in their team A player that would dribble the keeper and turn back really ,
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Christino(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2006
@ Dayo,
Okocha did dat in the early 90s he stopped that long ago, in fact that was way back in Germany, against Khan, not anymore now.

Don't forget he has a bad ass shot too.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by kaypumpy1: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2006
to me okocha is more skillful but not business minded during his reigning days compared 2 dinho who is more purposeful while on the field of play lipsrsealed
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by authur(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2006
when you see Jayjay coming with the ball, he must make a move before you know he has dribbled, but for Ronaldinho aka OLUWOLE, his running alone, can make you go mad if "taken is not care"
i believe JAYJAY is more skillful but he didn't use it well. he destroyed his own career with pride.
Oluwole, acknowledges JAYJAY as his GOD father
Oluwole has never fucjed me up, but the time i was still a JAYJAY's fan, i almost got heart attack. imagine in the last nations cup. JayJay's first move was to cut a player (NIG vs CotedVoire) but he missed it.
if that was oluwole, that player would have been in the Psychiatric hospital by now.
Check out Oluwole's snake bite, that guy is a killer cool wink[img][/img][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by amodu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2006
As for me j. J is the best.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by authur(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2006
hey guys.
if you don't know wat to do, just stop abusing that guy (Ronaldinho)
he is far too much. though i compensate JAYJAY for what he has done,
but when it comes to "DRIBBLE AND GO MAD" don't look for Ronaldinho.
he is OLUWOLE. ronaldinho can penetrate any defence, he can run with any counter attack. wink
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by authur(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2006
Actually, Ronaldinho is the best.
Best of all best.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2006
Okay, okay.

It seems some people just look at the topic and go ahead to post, without reading the thread starter's posts, and other inputs.

Now let me say this for the umpteenth time: We are actually comparing the Okocha of the early and mid 90's, to the Roladinho of today. 

It seems to me some people only started watching Okocha play recently.  Go watch his past matches (when he was about Ronaldinho's age) and compare the skillz, guys!!  Okocha is 100 much! grin  His moves are very unpredictable, compared to Ronaldinho whose likely next move is a step-over, while on the long run. (That's what he knows how to do best, including his stylish passes, which Okocha doesn't lack either).  So what are we talking about here? 

Note: I love Ronaldinho anytime, anyday,  but the facts need to be stated, for clarification sake.  Okocha rocks!!! cool
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by BernieBoy(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2006
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by spikelord(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2006
Are we still on this? c'mon this topic shpuld have died long ago, arthur was talking about Jay jay wanting to cut a player few months ago, hey man, Okocha is no longer the magician he used to be so puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we are comparing the Okocha of the mid 90s to the current Ronaldinho
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by vichel(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2006
there is no doubting the fact that jay jay is more skillful, his passes, crosses and ball tricks are just simply shocked shocked shocked. Okocha is unbelievable, i doubt if there can be anybody like him again
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by koolnion: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2006
The question is who's skillfull and not who scores more.JJ the man,He makes it known to the opponent that he's about to dribble him and still do it.His passes are accurate(leg to leg).Infact,l will say he deserve to have been African Football of the Year long time ago and even world footballer of the year.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by tosinadeda: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2006
They re both skillful.its ronaldinho's time.remember he was always on the bench 4 jay jay back at psg,during okocha's time.remember jay jay at france 98,he was simply wonderful.2 me they d most skilfull players ever.if u've watched them well,they both have skills with there names written allover.jay jay has this special type of step over that only him those,and ronaldinho does the snake bite kind of dribble.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by retourneur: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2006
Hello!

i am a french fan of PSG.
I love these two magnifical players, and they are the bests in dribbling & impredictable passes lipsrsealed

It's easy to say: Ronaldinho is the boss. He is, NOW. (but in my opinion Zidane was better of him)
Okocha have been very strong in his time. He is more spectacular than Ronnie, with an ultra-power shot and with his own dribbling.
But Ronaldinho is more useful for his team.
He makes the pass than nobody in the stadium had imagined (Cantona call that: "La passe magique" cheesy). Thanks to him, Barcelona has become again a great football team.

But I think that goodguy is right and that peoples have to see the skillfull of JayJay on the field. They will be surprised

Have a nice year 2007

Vive Okocha, Zidane, Totti, Gerrard, Ronaldinho et tous les autres artistes du ballon
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by chuksroy(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2007
well to me i think ronaldinho is better. considering his contributions to his current club. barca.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by soliq55(m): 9:15am On Jan 05, 2007
Ronnie is more productive than okocha, And that makes him abeta playa than JJ.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by otoidea(m): 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2007
okocha! oh kocha!!! ooohhh kochaaaa!!!!
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by Priscila(f): 7:58am On Jan 20, 2007
Aha!
I see guys here are really displaying love for Nigeria not the compared skills.
Roll on men! its allowed.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2007
Including the French guy, retourneur?
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by mekoyo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2007
Okocha is far far skillful than Ronadinho

If Okocha faces an opponent he's going to dribble that opponet hands down but Ronaldinho will use of hand to pull the player.

What kind of skill do you call that?

THe Okocha of USA 94 can't be comapred to the Ronaldinho of now, The Okocha of fernabache that made Oliver Khan frustrated cant be compared to the Ronaldinho of now.

He ought to have won the world footballer of the year if not for racism.

Okocha is the best far better than Ronaldinho.

And Ronaldinho even confessed to this when he said he watches Okocha's video and uses that to improve his skills.

Okocha is the best.
Re: Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? by goodguy(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2007
Thank you correct guy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moshood Afolabi Scammed, Returns To Nigeria / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Plane Carrying Missing Footballer, Emiliano Sala Has Been Found!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.