Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,794 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll (15875 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / swap your s4 with uk used blackberry q5 / How To Use Smart Scroll On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by stanjohn57: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2013
CNN) - Samsung's next Galaxy smartphone might be controlled by nothing more than the user's eyes, according to a new report in advance of its March 14 unveiling.

"Eye scrolling" will do things like scroll down a page of text when the user's eyes have reached the bottom of the screen, according to a New York Times report.

Quoting an unnamed Samsung employee who has used the phone, the Times said the Samsung Galaxy S IV, the next generation in its popular Galaxy S line, will be more heavily geared toward new software than a physical reboot of the Android-based device.

The Korean company has for all practical purposes announced the Galaxy S IV will be unveiled at a New York City event on March 14.

The Times interviewed Kevin Packingham, Samsung's chief product officer. While he declined to talk about software upgrades, he said hardware upgrades will be significant. "It's an amazing phone," he said.

Reports of an eye-control innovation make sense. Samsung has filed in Europe to trademark a technology called "Eye Scroll" and another named "Eye Pause."

Samsung described "Eye Scroll" as "computer application software having a feature of sensing eye movements and scrolling displays of mobile devices, namely, mobile phones, smartphones and tablet computers according to eye movements; digital cameras; mobile telephones; smartphones; tablet computers."

The Samsung Galaxy S III already has a similar feature called "Smart Stay." It uses the phone's front-facing camera to register whether the user is looking at it and keeps the display screen from going into sleep mode until the user looks away.

Samsung's Galaxy S line has emerged as the strongest challenger to Apple's industry-leading iPhone.

The Galaxy S III shipped 18 million units worldwide from July to September, compared with 16.2 million for the iPhone 4S, according to research by Strategy Analytics.
With the release of the iPhone 5, Apple retook the lead in the final months of 2012, selling an estimated 27 million. But the S III hung in there with another 15 million units sold.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/05/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s-4-eyes/?iref=obinsite

drddrr: Whats next - blink-to-click, frown to Esc, stick-out-tongue-sideways to move cursor left and right.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by skealoo: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
great
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by JoanJohnson(f): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Make dem no make person eye blind oooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Excelboi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
A great tech in a long time.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Shedysworld(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmm... Another wonder of technology.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Samsantos9: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmm.. Impressive
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by ad84ada(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Samsung again, anyway its all good.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by rafkas(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmm, dat will be great....I just hope it won't make some people go stealing to get it.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
=kay, under c=nsideraattion.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by 190theclown: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
ive never heard of cancer of the eye

this would be first of its kind undecided

with the whole infra-rays and stuff - definately the eyes are clearly not gna be the same using that fone afta a year

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Odinaka00(m): 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
grin grin grin sign of .....??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by oloriooko(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
hmmmmm my pocket cry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by xoctic: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Rapture is close, we re in end tym dats d reason 4 all dis. God save us o

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by colombiana: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Blind people..............lost people..........hmmmmmmmmmn
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by TrustJ(m): 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mehn,samgung no go kill person ooo....eye again.#lolz
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by SirElaw(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
stanjohn57:
drddrr: Whats next - blink-to-click, frown to Esc, stick-out-tongue-sideways to move cursor left and right.
Very funny dude

Samsung is really giving Apple a run for their money
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by bigfat05: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=15pt]see technology[/size] $&$&$
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Kaxmytex(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=28pt]so,make we dey xpect anoda madness wey samsung wan cause...owk o[/size]
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Scarpon(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
e remain #105 make my money complete for galaxy s4
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by twin7: 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is d.o.p.e!
Just when I thought innovation has been limited to octane processors, pumped rams, increased screen and sorts. . .samsung surprises!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Akwenukemarho(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
NA WA!!! Very soon they'll do a phone that will be controlled by your thoughts, anything you think of the phone will display it, oyibo people una no go kill us!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by mrofficial2(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wahala dey

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
190-the-clown:

with the whole infra-rays and stuff - definately the eyes are clearly not gna be the same using that fone afta a year
I think there's.. Make your research
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by hammedkola(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
The act of using eyes to control your point is called NOUSE instead of MOUSE...Developers from Canada are already working on making it work for PC version
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Tczar(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmmm,Hehe!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by dokunbam(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
oyinbo pple cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by trolling(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
now i'm seeing why the whole world would wonder after the mark of the beast

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by hrmkz: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
By the time everyone start winking, frowning and sticking out tongues at a time,Let's expect more mentally derailed people out there!

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by ifyfaith: 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
190-the-clown:

I WONDA TOO O
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by ifyfaith: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
hrmkz: By the time everyone start winking, frowning and sticking out tongues at a time,Let's expect more mentally derailed people out there!

O BOY LAFF WAN KILL ME FOR HERE O

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by Rapmaestro(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
Later on, ur fart from ya a$s will scroll d screen, everythinq about technology has an effect... Let's just stick wit d one wit less effect like my Nokia3310{I LUV U, JAWE}
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Eye-Controlled Smart Scroll by kpozite(m): 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
what if I sleep off while reading a page will the phone off?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone / Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. / Tecno Hosted 3 Couples On A Weekend Getaway In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.