Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,532 members, 7,770,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:04 AM

Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. (15864 Views)

Glo On A Rampage / How To Browse For Free In The Night [MTN] / How Can I Configure Etisalat & Glo On Mtn F@stlink After Unlocking D Mtn Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 2:24am On Aug 23, 2010
I don't know if glo intentionally does not want to advertise it or what?
I have just discvered and even used it. Glo overs a new package called;
ALWAYS MICRO, a new inclusion into the glo family. the Always micro will
give you 150mb data valid for 1 month at N1,000 only.

For those who want to spend little on their internet and do not wawnt to
spend so much money, enjoy glo. More so, if you have 3g coverage at your end you
can get up to 2000kbps internet speed (it offers fast dowload too and does video streaming well).

for all you who are not ssatisfied with your mtn modem consider it.
You can as well use a universal modem, use mtn 2.5k for nite plan plus
glo 1k for one month 30days plan for 150mb. you can decide to do your downloaad at
night and small small browsing and email and chat during the day, gbam!
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by tobs(m): 5:51am On Aug 23, 2010
yeah thats true, a friend told me abt the plan, i tried it and it worked, infact with there 3.5G network, e beat zain and etisalat on mobile, 150MB also beats all network for 1k, enjoy ma ppl,
wink wink wink

GLO WITH PRIDE grin
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Remii(m): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2010
If this is true, it would be another plus for Glo, the company has always been forcing "Shylockic" MTN and Zain to do what they claimed to be impossible. from per second billing, almost free SIM cards, free night calls, cheap international calls etc etc, Glo has really helped Nigerian masses.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
this interesting oh. . . . hmmm and i was just tinking og giving my eti line to my nokia5800 cheesy tongue
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2010
i just checked their site. . . the 150mb is meant for 24hrs n not 30days undecided
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
sorry again. . .
i just called GLO3G help desk and confirmed that there's a new package called ALWAYS MICRO- 150MB/30days for #1k
Enjoy wink wink
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by aieromon(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
This surely beats the Zain Lite plan.
How come nobody dropped the subscription code?Information incomplete. . . . .
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by delt2010(m): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
To get ALWAYS MICRO.
Text 13 to 127. The package costs
N1,000 for 150MB of 24hrs/30days
browsing
Cheers.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Snowwy: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2010
This is cool.
150MB for N1k is nice (expensive retail price but overall great for medium usage).
With this one will have to stuggle to consume it before month end. cool
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by tobidaflava(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
Is it on 24hrs or daily basis?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
its not 24hours o! it is one month
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Snowwy: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
@tobidaflava,
Its on 24hrs for 30days.
However if your use up the 150MB before the enf of 30days, you will need to purchase a new 150MB.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by bignaija(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
i just unlocked my mtn modem ,how do i get the software to install so i can use my glo sim card with it?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by bignaija(m): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
thank god for GLO
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Remii(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2010
Snowwy:

@tobidaflava,
Its on 24hrs for 30days.
However if you use up the 150MB before the end of 30 days, you will need to purchase a new 150MB.

That is standard for all data plans no matter the ISP
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by tivta(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
thats gud but how do i check my data balance?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
tivta:

thats gud but how do i check my data balance?

to check your data balance
text info to 127

tobidaflava:

Is it on 24hrs or daily basis?

Yes it is true, it is valid for 30days, but if you
finish your data before then you will have to load
another to enjoy internet access.

Remember there is also 1.5GB for N5,000.
I loaded one yesterday, and I have loaded
another today. if u know your need is much just go for N5,000.

And N10,000 will give you 5GB! isn't that awesome?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by dragnet: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
No it is not :-P
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:06am On Aug 24, 2010
i tire o!! see glo staff dey market grin grin grin grin grin grin

u dey happy abt ridiculous limits!, shebi when glo launches their own fibre, maybe just maybe someone will talk sense into them abt this limit thing. . . . sorry forgot, this is a naija telco, the motto is rip them off!!!

dumbass twats

1 Like

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Mobinga: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2010
jaysay:

I don't know if glo intentionally does not want to advertise it or what?
I have just discvered and even used it. Glo overs a new package called;
ALWAYS MICRO, a new inclusion into the glo family. the Always micro will
give you 150mb data valid for 1 month at N1,000 only.

For those who want to spend little on their internet and do not wawnt to
spend so much money, enjoy glo. More so, if you have 3g coverage at your end you
can get up to 2000kbps internet speed (it offers fast dowload too and does video streaming well).

for all you who are not ssatisfied with your mtn modem consider it.
You can as well use a universal modem, use mtn 2.5k for nite plan plus
glo 1k for one month 30days plan for 150mb. you can decide to do your downloaad at
night and small small browsing and email and chat during the day, gbam!

is ik kbits per sec
or kbytes/sec

well if its the first one, the speed is a meagre 250kb/s ------

Besides this is another rip off!!!
Till when they start giving unlimited data plan or 40GB plan,i'll start paying. . .

1 Like

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 7:29am On Aug 24, 2010
4llerbuntu:

i tire o!! see glo staff dey market grin grin grin grin grin grin

u dey happy abt ridiculous limits!, shebi when glo launches their own fibre, maybe just maybe someone will talk sense into them abt this limit thing. . . . sorry forgot, this is a naija telco, the motto is rip them off!!!

dumbass twats

yes, i market good. if i were with them am sure i will know more than this.
meanwhile, i use all four networks on my universal modem. soory, I'm not with glo.
If you don't find the info useful, leave it. let those who it is good news to use it.
Thanks for opening your mind.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Snowwy: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2010
Hi,
Tried to activate this service about 5 times but I keep getting 'Sorry an error has occured. If you are a prepaid customer, try again later and if you are post paid, dial 200 for customer support'. I dialed 200 and was informed the service is yet to be launched into the market.
Has any one started enjoying this package yet?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by BankoleO1: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2010
What the Hell will I do with 150mb in a month? angry when in 24hrs I come close to 700mb on little downloads and streaming, although thumbs for glo but we need more of unlimited bandwidth than what they are offering.

2 Likes

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by base11(f): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2010
my fellow nairalanders, pls i'd like to know, the always micro package can it be used to browse on my fone like the zain lite, i use an E63, and i'm always on my fone rather than on the system. I called glo sometime ago when i wanted my phone activated for browsing, and i was told i could not subscribe to any of their packages excepts it via modem, pls someone put me thru, thanks.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
Glo sales reps.

1 Like

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by BankoleO1: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
base 1:

my fellow nairalanders, pls i'd like to know, the always micro package can it be used to browse on my fone like the zain lite, i use an E63, and i'm always on my fone rather than on the system. I called glo sometime ago when i wanted my phone activated for browsing, and i was told i could not subscribe to any of their packages excepts it via modem, pls someone put me thru, thanks.

Dont mind them, I own a E63 and I use to subscribe for mtn,etisalat etc without modem so feel free to subscribe and browse.Just make sure you have mtn or whichever network settings you want to use to browse.

If you still need assistance just holla! wink

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
This is good news! But will somebody be kind and give us details on this package like settings on a universal modem, can it be used on phone like zain lite, how to check balance and so on.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by base11(f): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Bankole O, thanks a bunch, i really appreciate ur response, i have the glo direct, glo 3g, glo mobile internet and glo world, most of them came wif the sim, the customer care lady was so specific, she said it wouldnt work, but with ur response id be trying out the always micro, when my zain lite is expired.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2010
base 1:

@Bankole O, thanks a bunch, i really appreciate your response, i have the glo direct, glo 3g, glo mobile internet and glo world, most of them came wif the sim, the customer care lady was so specific, she said it wouldnt work, but with your response id be trying out the always micro, when my zain lite is expired.

@base 1, you can use anyone of the APN you have, either glo 3g or glo mobile internet.
But make sure you have at least N1 for it to work. Yes, this plan woorks for phone too.
I have noticed too that many of those at glo,mtn,zain or etisalat office normally feed us with
informations that are not appropriate or may not have a clue about.

To activate glo always micro send 13 in a text message to 127.
to check internet balance send info to 127

Snowwy:

I am using the service right now, it may not have been lunched but it
is working now. you have to first provision your glo sim. it is possible aslo that you are
using an old glo sim, try getting a new sim or retieve your line again.

If you'e never browse with your glo line send ACTIVATE to 127 before you
can subscribe to the plan.
Hi,
Tried to activate this service about 5 times but I keep getting 'Sorry an error has occured. If you are a prepaid customer, try again later and if you are post paid, dial 200 for customer support'. I dialed 200 and was informed the service is yet to be launched into the market.
Has any one started enjoying this package yet?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 12:05am On Aug 25, 2010
@jaysay, I'd like you to help me out here. Pls give me the settings for Glo with my universal 3.5g modem, i.e the APN, USERNAME and PASSWORD Thank you.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 4:01am On Aug 25, 2010
yahoo!:

@jaysay, I'd like you to help me out here. Pls give me the settings for Glo with my universal 3.5g modem, i.e the APN, USERNAME and PASSWORD Thank you.

APN: gloflat
username: flat
password: flat,

hope it is a universal modem proper. if it is MTN fastlink turn universal
forget it, it may not work. I mean the huawei E156. have fun bro.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2010
@jaysay, thanks so much. It's a universal modem and not mtn fastlink. Though the model no is E160. I bought it for 15k way back. I hope this will work. But I'm more particular about it working on phone cos I spend more internet time on phone than pc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Hosted 3 Couples On A Weekend Getaway In Lagos / How Do I Browse On My Laptop Using My Blackberry Bis? / 5 Types Of People To Avoid On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.