Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony (5450 Views)

Photo: Document Showing How They Shared Our Common Patrimony @ NDDC / PDP Senatorial Candidate Decries Stealing Of Tribunal Evidences By APC Lawyers / Video: Delta Re-run: The Stealing Of Ballots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by PointB: 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
Surprised not enough folks from the SS to contribute to this debate/expose on those stealing Nigeria common patrimony - aka Niger Delta oil.

Well, let me watch from the sideline.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Bobandgreat: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
koruji: You are talking about todays education statistics while the issue is about skilled positions dating back to the 70s. You should be ashamed of yourself for such illogical reasoning. Yes the education system is bad today everywhere in Nigeria. In the SW because of the charlattans that took control of the SW in the name of national unity. We are going back to the fundamentals in the SW and glorious days are ahead of us again.

Besides, I served in Owerri and I know the scandal that pass for education in the SE, so stop foolling yourself. All that has to be done in all regions of Nigeria is to put in place a solid education system like Baba Awo did - all of us are potentially brilliant people: West, East, North or South.

You just spoilt a brilliant post by mentioning Awo. Remember others see him as a villain, bigot that gave free education to only Yorubas at the detriment of others. He is also seen as the one that sew the seed of tribalism in the heart of Yorubas that it comes out sub consciously now. You can always mention Gani, Fela, Soyinka, etc and pple will listen. Please!

3 Likes

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
exactly. they get no pity. They didn't want igbos to take their dirty oil, now SE is x6 richer than them without their dirty oil and the hausas and Yorubas have ra/p/ed them silly. Very wicked people. They gave away their life to strangers instead of their neighbors taking it and now they are crying. fools.

We the southwestners know why you angry. You are angry because we beat you hands down in your own game like in every other aspect of life.Finally, the south south guys can see clearly why the greedy neighbours are here crying more than the bereaved. Sorry bro, you can't rewind time, the only feasible option left is for another ugly looking frog like achebe to write ' there was a country', part. 2.

Indeed we shared the oil blocs and there is nothing you greedy bastards can do about it. All we have to do is close down Ladipo, Idumota and make your leaders come begging. When Tinubu closed down Ladipo Ojukwu came to beg, though the market was reopened but not after he 'dobale' publicly and swore to be paying yealy homage. We owned the economy, the brains and know how to use it to control slaves like you.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Bobandgreat: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
*556#:

We the southwestners know why you angry. You are angry because we beat you hands down in your own game like in every other aspect of life.Finally, the south south guys can see clearly why the greedy neighbours are here crying more than the bereaved. Sorry bro, you can't rewind time, the only feasible option left is for another ugly looking frog like achebe to write ' there was a country', part. 2.

Indeed we shared the oil blocs and there is nothing you greedy bastards can do about it. All we have to do is close down Ladipo, Idumota and make your leaders come begging. When Tinubu closed down Ladipo Ojukwu came to beg, though the market was reopened but not after he 'dobale' publicly and swore to be paying yealy homage. We owned the economy, the brains and know how to use it to control slaves like you.

This better coming from u. Stand for what u believe in dont beat around bush and deny your intentions like Boko Haram sympathisers. More of this please.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by eggheaders(m): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you are always quick to call anyone who disagrees with you a bigot when you are chief of bigots yourself. For the literacy, I don't blame you. I blame the fool eggheader who positioned an empty element like you as intelligent. If you think writing thoughtless long incoherent posts as literacy then I don't know what to call you. who where the major culprits of the subsidy scam? Yorubas. or do you want specific names. You better grow past your dubious and corny nature!

I pass when a subhuman brainless android try so hard to mingle with humans.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB: Surprised not enough folks from the SS to contribute to this debate/expose on those stealing Nigeria common patrimony - aka Niger Delta oil.

The only people pained here are their greedy neighbours, the real Niger-Deltans don't have problem with us, as they see us as their extended brothers, with exception of the likes of asari dokubo whom of course, is igbo by blood. The first and only Niger Deltan became president courtesy of Yoruba sophistication to match up your northern masters. Obj led the war to eagle square when Ojukwu was reported claiming to be stoutly for IBB. Do you still wonder why the real Niger Delta elders always come to Ikenne -Ekiti, Lagos to hold meetings and solicit for our supports, against going to nnewi or any other southeastern states?
We made him president, extend our hands of friendship to them, against your wish and that of your northern masters. Made him president when Ojukwu was bedding his northern masters and canvassing supports for IBB. Many of Niger Deltans actually fought on the side of Nigeria during civil war and will still fight along side Nigeria should another greedy, power drunken igbo tries any bullshitt.
Stop crying more than the bereaved.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#006600][/color]

This better coming from u. Stand for what u believe in dont beat around bush and deny your intentions like Boko Haram sympathisers. More of this please.

Oh yes, what else can you greedy bastards do other than continue ranting all day long and shamelessly crying more than the bereaved? Suck it up! We know, they know your antics and thus, can't fall for it.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Bobandgreat: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Some pple say it as it is in their hearts while some can b diplomatic, exploitative with burning issues. That is the difference between propagandists and crusaders, the difference between politicians and freedom fighters, the difference between *556# and freeglobe. We all know where each of their loyalty lies.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
Bobandgreat: Some pple say it as it is in their hearts while some can b diplomatic, exploitative with burning issues. That is the difference between propagandists and crusaders, the difference between politicians and freedom fighters, the difference between *556# and freeglobe. We all know where each of their loyalty lies.

Mr. little Shakespeare, no need for this poem. My loyalty lies with southwest and southwest alone. Even though, my mother is from riverine Ijaw and i grew up in Kaima, present Beyelsa State, but a man should stand in one position.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by vizboy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
i see no reason how these consines the SE. So to my fellow SE please step down and let the SS,SW and N settle these between them selves.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
The northern oil ownership is not surprising. The yoruba nepotism in the oil companies is a known secret. its ridiculous especially since the most educated people come out of the se and ss. from the looks of the right up there will soon be a purge of yorubas by the natives out of the niger delta because this article seems to be getting a lot of people angry.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz: The northern oil ownership is not surprising. The yoruba nepotism in the oil companies is a known secret. its ridiculous especially since the most educated people come out of the se and ss. from the looks of the right up there will soon be a purge of yorubas by the natives out of the niger delta because this article seems to be getting a lot of people angry.

Oil companies recruit from the Top Universities in Nigeria

Most Oil company only look at certain schools and mostly UNILAG, IFE UI

Check the global ranking of Nigeria Universities any year Top 5 are usually dominated by SW schools Maybe those are based on nepotism too

Show me any Global ranking that doesnt have at least 3 SW schools in their top 7.

The MNC recruit from these top schools an example below

http://www.4icu.org/ng/

Using that as an example assuming an Oil company recruit 1 student from each school that means We would have 5 from SW schools out of 10
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Bobandgreat: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
*556#:

Mr. little Shakespeare, no need for this poem. My loyalty lies with southwest and southwest alone. Even though, my mother is from riverine Ijaw and i grew up in Kaima, present Beyelsa State, but a man should stand in one position.

If your Mom is from Bayelsa like u claim, y not ask her opinion. Nobody is saying u should deny ur origin which is Yoruba but, since u can also hear from ur mother, y not balance the two. I dont want to believe u have been totally brainwashed with Yoruba tribalism since u grew up in Lagos. Keep an open mind as events unfold, u may still benefit from being part Bayelsan.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Vavavoom(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
Interesting and revealing stuff. Commentaries could be better though, at least people are beginning to ask questions, query situations and probe for answers. If this gets us out of our docility to embrace the larger picture where citizen's right becomes uppermost as against tribal sentiments we would have achieved our aim. Keep the discourse on!
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Oil companies recruit from the Top Universities in Nigeria

Most Oil company only look at certain schools and mostly UNILAG, IFE UI

Check the global ranking of Nigeria Universities any year Top 5 are usually dominated by SW schools Maybe those are based on nepotism too

Show me any Global ranking that doesnt have at least 3 SW schools in their top 7.

The MNC recruit from these top schools an example below

http://www.4icu.org/ng/

Using that as an example assuming an Oil company recruit 1 student from each school that means We would have 5 from SW schools out of 10

Your example holds no water at ll, especially since the schools are overwhelmed with SE and SS natives. In fact, with this being the case along with the addition of the non-SW schools, there should be no reason whatsoever that the oil companies should be overflowing with Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by ba7man(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz:

Your example holds no water at ll, especially since the schools are overwhelmed with SE and SS natives. In fact, with this being the case along with the addition of the non-SW schools, there should be no reason whatsoever that the oil companies should be overflowing with Yorubas.
Dude, trust me. I graduated from O.A.U Ife and i visit U.I and UNILAG regularly till date. S.E/S.S students there aren't much. Most of them prefer eastern Universities. Even the Private Universities are pre-dominantly S.W students.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by seunny4lif(m): 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
For the guy dat said igbos made up 40% on school in sw?Are u for real?Becos in my deprtmt in FUTA will only hav 12 non swner and 2 are igbos while the others are frm ND,Mid belt region and we are 120 in a class.....On every admission year names of student admitted are released on notice board and hardly hav I set my eyes on an igbo names....Last year convocation produced just 25 igbo names or it nt even up to 25 self becos futa no dey like many students for the school....If u hav anybody in FUTA,pls kind ask him or her.....And the same in OAU,IB,UNAD,AAUA,LAUTECH,UNILORIN,UNILAG and Uni of agric,Ogun state... these schls na die to get admission ooo
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Sibrah: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB: Surprised not enough folks from the SS to contribute to this debate/expose on those stealing Nigeria common patrimony - aka Niger Delta oil.

Just say it plain that u are not happy the SS folks around aren't falling for the dummy article.
@Topic, It is interesting to note that no one cares about the percentage of South Westerners of South Southerners when it is interview and aptitude test time, but when recruiters are done, the losers wil want to shout about injustice meted out to them forgetting how they like to go into Importing and Exporting when others are studying and applying.

The South Southerners are capable of thinking for themselves too.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz:

Overwhelmed with what? UI, Ife and UNILAG overwhelmed with SE people?

Na people like you wey no dey comot from their villages dey yarn like dat.

Their brother with one small kiosk would go to village and tell them he owns 40% of lagos, You uneducated nephews too would be shouting it all over

isnt that the same way you make up 60% of voting population in Kano, Jos, Lagos and ibandan?

Ask anyone who went to ife and UI in the hostels everyone speaks Yoruba. Percentage of Yoruba students in those schools can be less than 60-70%
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by eggheaders(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz:

this above statement shows you have not cross the niger bridge in your miserable life.jeez you must be a Joke.to back up yorubas claim of being Better educated.can anyone name any tertiary institution with less than 30% academic staff strength in the whole of the country.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
eggheaders:

this above statement shows you have not cross the niger bridge in your miserable life.jeez you must be a Joke.to back up yorubas claim of being Better educated.can anyone name any tertiary institution with less than 30% academic staff strength in the whole of the country.

You comment shows how myopic you are. I'm from Delta. Never needed to cross a "Niger Bridge" to get to the SW. What's even more funny there is no proof that say yoruba are the most educated of that yoruba have the most university graduates. This is another reason why its clear you people reason out of your backside. You people prevent others, natives of the oil lands, from getting jobs because of your familiar acts of tribalism. In short, its all coming to the light day after day just like the evils of your Northern cohorts.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by eggheaders(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz:

You comment shows how myopic you are. I'm from Delta. Never needed to cross a "Niger Bridge" to get to the SW. What's even more funny there is no proof that say yoruba are the most educated of that yoruba have the most university graduates. This is another reason why its clear you people reason out of your backside. You people prevent others, natives of the oil lands, from getting jobs because of your familiar acts of tribalism. In short, its all coming to the light day after day just like the evils of your Northern cohorts.

no need wasting my time on an android.that believe eastern flood Yoruba schools.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by ba7man(m): 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
chyz:

I also had my secondary education in Warri so i'm aware of the preferential treatment given to indegenes concerning scholarships sponsored by oil companies. They also favoured indegenes while recruiting staffs.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
eggheaders:

no need wasting my time on an android.that believe eastern flood Yoruba schools.

Typical yoruba response. People whose best defense is insult. How myopic but not surprising.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by chyz(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
ba7man: I also had my secondary education in Warri so i'm aware of the preferential treatment given to indegenes concerning scholarships sponsored by oil companies. They also favoured indegenes while recruiting staffs.

Not talking abt scholarships bro.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by solomon111(m): 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
As someone said;
we are soon going to witness a massive purge of some ethnic groups in the oil-industry.
It's only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by koruji(m): 11:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
Awo did not give free education to Yorubas to the detriment of others.
He gave free education to those within his jurisdiction, Yoruba and non-Yoruba.
Heck, the great man campaigned to become president so he could extend it to all - but no!!! They didn't want a Yoruba man!!!
His legacy was so long-lasting that the generation after him, in the likes of Bola Ige, extended it to those after them.
That singular act during the governors like Bola Ige was the decisive factor in the future of many of us at the time.
After NPN stole the elections in 1983 the SW entered the era of the locusts.
The times have changed but the ACN is retracing the paths of Awo.
Woe-betides anyone, SWer or Federal, who disrupts this renewaal process.
What the SW wants now is for the next crop of its leaders to build on what ACN is currently achieving.
With or without Nigeria or the FG - we really don't care.

Haters will always hate, but the legacy of Pa Awo remains way above those of his peers in many respects.
As Yorubas are won't to say, "O ju mo oun to yo nu".

Bobandgreat: [color=#006600][/color]
You just spoilt a brilliant post by mentioning Awo. Remember others see him as a villain, bigot that gave free education to only Yorubas at the detriment of others. He is also seen as the one that sew the seed of tribalism in the heart of Yorubas that it comes out sub consciously now. You can always mention Gani, Fela, Soyinka, etc and pple will listen. Please!
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by koruji(m): 11:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
It just occurred to me that some people don't understand the difference between owning a resource, and doing something with the resource.
The rents or returns to resources belong to those who own it, but the profits from the venture of exploiting it belong to those who do something with it.
That you own the resource doesn't mean that you also deserve or have a right to be employed in the process of its exploitation.
For that you will need acquired skills that go beyond the God-given manna under your foot.

The well known resource-curse applies to nations, towns, villages and individuals.
When you get free lunch from the resources that you neither put their or work for but claim.
You also have the tendency to ignore industry.
In the case of individuals the tendency is to be lazy.
...ignoring education and skill acquisition.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Ikengawo: 2:01am On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Music is dominated by the SW I guess its also nepotism
, Banking is dominated by the SW. Let me leave you to your delusions. You need it to maintain your identity
LMFAO name one Yoruba producer that has signed a non Yoruba artist. Get real.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by OneNaira6: 3:43am On Mar 13, 2013

People are just tired of the chest beating from SW and no one has time for it. Im even suprised some SE has the strength to continue listening and fighting them on this event. The whole oil blocks thing have been argued about it for days now, people have spoken their mind eventually you'll get tired of the whole situation and stop arguing especially since the people being accussed are not even saying anything worth listening to instead they bringing tribalism, shouting their so called more educated/superiority and all that other BS. Ain't nobody got time for all that sh1t. I just find it funny that a set of people that accuse GEJ of tribalism for not including their people in his administration and accusing the SE in his administration as well as SS for the same offense anytime one of their own is fired or not hired are the same set seeing nothing wrong with what their people are doing. Instead they apply itt o their so called "more educated" bs that has been trashed multiple times on this forum. SMH!!! Let them continue; Only God go judge am. We can't judge them.

2 Likes

Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by OneNaira6: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Awake9ja: This shameless 556 guy keep callinv md names,

When will you yorubas learn to take resposibilities of your failed actions.
I dont personaly want the unity of yoruba and ibo bcus if it happen we are done wit

If you have not realized that the ID you conversing with is alj_harem newest Id then you are a fool. No offense to you. The dude claims every ethnicity in the book, either through himself or one of his parents is that ethnicity. And everything and everybody is Igbo. If by his actions you've not realized who you were talking to then no offense but you deserve it. You lie with dogs, you get fleas. That's common sense.
Re: The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 13, 2013
Ikengawo:
LMFAO name one Yoruba producer that has signed a non Yoruba artist. Get real.

You know about Kenny Music right? Dayo and Keke?

they discovered 2 Face Idibia(the greatest musician of all time), Idris Abdulkarim and others. Are these guys Yorubas? STFU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ELECTIONS 2015: Ogun INEC Takes Delivery Of Additional 170,000 Pvcs / You'll Hate Goodluck Jonathan After Reading This / Hilarious Photo. When they Saw Buhari Embarking On Another Foreign Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.