Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (26366 Views)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / ‘revealed: Jaji Bombs Manufactured In The Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by debetmx(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2013
Never lived in a barracks, but always passed through Myohaung Barracks on my way to school with my friends who lived in the barracks. I also attended extra mural lessons in Myohaung Barracks.The place is so unkempt, exposed soakaway, dirts everywhere. The officers apartment was clean though. Thats was the first place i smelt weed and heard about igbo (never smoked weed) when i was in SSS 1.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by demmy55(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2013
Temismith: hey dude, I donno d barracks u re talkin about, but am very sure dat airforse base its not anything near ur description. I stayed in NAF BASE for 12years and mhen, twas a gud childhood experience. All d kids came out to play wen our parents had gone to work and as soon as u see ur parents coming, u scamper like a mad dog. Twas a place where pidgin english was our language of communication. We never shared toilets cos evry house had deirs. We never paid nepa bills too.
temismith, which of the airforce base did u stay, is it ikeja?, a base with a serene and beautiful environment that can easily pass for an estate, all thanks to sam ethnan of blessed memory.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by wildchild1: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Well,different experience for different people and these barracks are different from each other ranging from Military Barracks to Police Barracks to Air Force Base...I stayed @ Alausa Police Barracks which is the smallest police barracks,just six blocks which are two storey building,three floors, 24 apartments each,two bedroom to be precised,one single officer's block which is a storey building,then two other bungalows and finally a 4 bedroom duplex where the former Lagos State Police PRO Bode Ojajuni stays...One way or the other,its a 'Behind' barracks considering the vicinity we are,opposite our barracks is the Lagos state secretariat,house of assembly,beside us to the left is Mitv/Star Fm,actually we share same fence with Mitv and if you walk down the left syd after Mitv and move across the express,you'll get to Magodo,behind us is MKO Abiola/Marwa Garden Estate,if you walk past MKO estate,you'll get to Femi Kuti's African Shrine..and now to the right with few meters away is the new Ikeja Shoprite..Because of this area we are,most us try to blend with the area and not to follow the regular way of life in the barrack,we are calm and act very educated and I tell you when you get to my barracks now,its as dry as anything,whY? Most of the youths are now in the university and some of us are already working unlike most other barracks out there where youths are jobless and aint even going to school...The area in which we found our barracks really contributed a positive impact...ALAUSA POLICE BARRACKS IKEJA
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by patholaw: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Air force base Ikeja is just da bomb...its neat, good drainage, you can't see people fighting there...if think am lying try and visit there...just by airport road ikeja

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by bamosagie(m): 10:06am On Mar 13, 2013
Odunharry:
mumu like u..get it into ur head.
i lived at kayode police barracks at marine beach apapa until 2007.for those of us who know there opposite mobil apapa will know we have army barracks near npa quartrs.whch is nt far from signal barracks and ashanti barracks.how abt navy barrack opposite press coca cola?
My guy go dive 4 hot water abeg if u no knw wetin to talk.

Okay you mean police barrack, no wonder.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by angeldaniels(f): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2013
Well.I A̶̲̥̅♏ proud to say I live in d barrack and I A̶̲̥̅♏ stil living in d barrack.if I don't tel u I live in d barracks u wil neva know.I A̶̲̥̅♏ a final year industrial chem student of d feferal university of technology akure.we have all kind of people in d barrack just as u hav in ur banana island,lekki,ajah,etc.we hav it all in d barrack.beauty,talent,etc.there is N̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ were we don't hav G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ and bad people,it depends on who u choose to be.barracks is a place were u learn a lot abt life,we have diff tribes,and all.if u hav lived in a barrack bfor,u will be able to adapt nd liv wit any kind of people.I A̶̲̥̅♏ proud to be a barrackian.I love my life.I A̶̲̥̅♏ proud of who I A̶̲̥̅♏ and d barrack I live.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by jewelzizi(f): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2013
I served in the barrack in ilorin. D life in d barrack is totally different. Pple dat stay in barrack get level....dose ones dat act posh...dem papa na officer(officers quaters), bt dos ones dat act like JTF vs BKH dem papa na soldiers(dats d main barracks). But as a corper in d barrack..It was nt a bad experience.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nacl: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2013
& there are lots of f**k in the barracks angry angry
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by osundu(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2013
coolGentlemen,am happy dat a lot of u have good tins to say abt the barracks.so poster,PISS OFF!
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by beldcat(m): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2013
I grew up in d baracks. I rep Gowon Estate(ipaja), Navy block to be precise,thank God i got myself outta dat place.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by gumzee(f): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2013
bamosagie:

You are one hell of a liar, almost sure you have never spent a night in the barrack.
The barrack is a little community where discipline is learnt, a place where character is built, where responsibility is passed down at early age. Like Every other place on earth, it is natural to have the good, the bad and the ugly.
In all, I am proud of the time spent in the barrack.
sharrap jor which barracks u don stay? @op u r on point! I've lived in d barracks 4 26 years (not kidding)chai OP u b real barrack guy o
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by jnrprof(m): 10:34am On Mar 13, 2013
Close friend of mine grew up in the barracks, Ikeja Cantonement to be precise. In his next life he would never smell a barracks again. According to him, it takes special grace for a barracks kid to come out good. He got exposed to sex at age 9, infact it was a free for all trade. Older gals despoiling younger boys under d staircase, and every other free space available. Thankfully, after a great deal of struggle, he's been able to overcome all the bad habits he imbibed from living in the barracks
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Adufaye(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2013
angelsing: @Adufaye: navy town is really cool, apart from the junior quarters were u have so much pple. The other quarters are really quite and beatiful.
yea....no b lie
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by MariamUT(f): 10:43am On Mar 13, 2013
I was born and raise in a barrack (navy town ojo to be precise) stayed dere 4 about 15 yrs b4 my dad retired and I must say dat was d best 15 years of my life cos in d barrack u see different characters, d gud, d bad and d ugly.d decent 1 n d wayward ones too. Even tho d rooms was small, it was like a mini estate, very clean and power supply was wonderful. So I dunno what dis dude is talking about, maybe he's referring to army barracks o something. Cos d barrack I grew up in is far from what ure saying. And besides we didn't share toilet and bathroom with our neighbours :\

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Adufaye(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2013
MariamUT: I was born and raise in a barrack (navy town ojo to be precise) stayed dere 4 about 15 yrs b4 my dad retired and I must say dat was d best 15 years of my life cos in d barrack u see different characters, d gud, d bad and d ugly.d decent 1 n d wayward ones too. Even tho d rooms was small, it was like a mini estate, very clean and power supply was wonderful. So I dunno what dis dude is talking about, maybe he's referring to army barracks o something. Cos d barrack I grew up in is far from what ure saying. And besides we didn't share toilet and bathroom with our neighbours :\
u dey talk lyk senior rate gals
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Pain(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2013
We also have civilian barracks line 1004, Eric Moore Towers, Jakande etc
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Ukavwe: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2013
I came to this world through de barrack,i have live in five army barrack i was born in basawa zaria,then was posted to odogbo barrack block 2 room 12 MP. ibadan 89-96 got posted to lagos live in dodan barrack block 2 room 18,95-99 obalende,also in bonny camp and so on,the life was wonderfull an experience i will never forget we were from different state but we are brothers there in the barrack u know what they mean by one nigeria,one people,one nation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2013
wild child: Well,different experience for different people and these barracks are different from each other ranging from Military Barracks to Police Barracks to Air Force Base...I stayed @ Alausa Police Barracks which is the smallest police barracks,just six blocks which are two storey building,three floors, 24 apartments each,two bedroom to be precised,one single officer's block which is a storey building,then two other bungalows and finally a 4 bedroom duplex where the former Lagos State Police PRO Bode Ojajuni stays...One way or the other,its a 'Behind' barracks considering the vicinity we are,opposite our barracks is the Lagos state secretariat,house of assembly,beside us to the left is Mitv/Star Fm,actually we share same fence with Mitv and if you walk down the left syd after Mitv and move across the express,you'll get to Magodo,behind us is MKO Abiola/Marwa Garden Estate,if you walk past MKO estate,you'll get to Femi Kuti's African Shrine..and now to the right with few meters away is the new Ikeja Shoprite..Because of this area we are,most us try to blend with the area and not to follow the regular way of life in the barrack,we are calm and act very educated and I tell you when you get to my barracks now,its as dry as anything,whY? Most of the youths are now in the university and some of us are already working unlike most other barracks out there where youths are jobless and aint even going to school...The area in which we found our barracks really contributed a positive impact...ALAUSA POLICE BARRACKS IKEJA
ever heard of marcarthy police barracks? AKA Mczone . Dat's d smallest barracks in lagos. It has 4 blocks only each blk with 24 flats.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by gsmcoder: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Ojo barracks is the biggest cantonment in west Africa, thats where I was born.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by MariamUT(f): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Adufaye: u dey talk lyk senior rate gals
LMAO wetin u come be? High rising boy
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by mysticgal(f): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2013
i was born and bred in the barracks.lovely and lively place to be.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by wildchild1: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2013
Oh really? Where is that bro?
Donlouise: ever heard of marcarthy police barracks? AKA Mczone . Dat's d smallest barracks in lagos. It has 4 blocks only each blk with 24 flats.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by wildchild1: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2013
Police or Army barracks
mysticgal: i was born and bred in the barracks.lovely and lively place to be.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by mysticgal(f): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2013
nobody here stayed in abuja barracks?i represent the mambilla baracks
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by rubi96(f): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2013
bamosagie:

You are one hell of a liar, almost sure you have never spent a night in the barrack.
The barrack is a little community where discipline is learnt, a place where character is built, where responsibility is passed down at early age. Like Every other place on earth, it is natural to have the good, the bad and the ugly.
In all, I am proud of the time spent in the barrack.
na big lie there is no discipline in police barracks
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by rubi96(f): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2013
Police barracks is the worse of all barracks.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2013
if u no grow up 4 barrack and u no smart 4get u no go smart again 4lyf.
I rep mczone. Marcathy police barracks onikan. Do guyz noe dat d famous vector d viper 1ce lived in marcathy police barracks.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Adufaye(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2013
MariamUT:
LMAO wetin u come be? High rising boy
lol no na but u just talk like one! abi i lie?
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2013
wild child: Oh really? Where is that bro?
very close 2 tafawa balewa square and city mall in onikan
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2013
rubi96: Police barracks is the worse of all barracks.
na your own kasala b dat o! Hw many police pikin u don come across 4 lyf as in get 2 noe d person wella.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Mobsync(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2013
osundu: coolGentlemen,am happy dat a lot of u have good tins to say abt the barracks.so poster,PISS OFF!

You're really an aggressive soldier, please improve on ur manners :/
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2013
I have lived in the military barrack since I was born with the only exception being when I went to school. From 44 barrack in kaduna to bukavu barracks in kano, ikeja cantonment in lagos, living in the barrack then was phone, you see people from different background coming together as one, we fight play,go for hunting,etc, I thank God that my Dad was a military man, but the old man don retire now, so much good memory of the barrack, infact I still attend church in the barrack, I am proud to say it anywhere I am a barrack boy. 20+ years in the barrack

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

thanks 4 derailing my thread / If You Find This Boy,please Call This Number=0805-2675-667 / Cute! This Boy And His Dog Are Inseparable

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.