Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (26433 Views)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / ‘revealed: Jaji Bombs Manufactured In The Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Soulja-boi:
Thats true my man. I loved the life in the Barracks. Playing ''slipo'' every saturday morning was the norm in WORKSHOP and PTF.. New Building was were I stayed. Long Live Nigeria Army !!!!....
slipo..for that game i get mouth...my mum slippers here am dat tym..
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2013
mosquitoNet: yeah to all ma McZone bois I dey troway salute oh! VEC, JoeSlim, Henry, etc and all ma chicks I dey rep oh!

Marchathy is one of dem cool p.o barracks in lagos. Ijeh police barrack na hin dirty pass. If you enter warders barrack awolowo rd you vex comot cos e be like slum. Dodan barrack irep!
u live mczone b4?
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Donlouise(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2013
arcbabe: Obalende police barrack is where u will experience all what the op has said but in my place which is women police barrack you will see were clothes are lined up infront of the house and when u enter the gate u will think the place is a laundary barrack. Well I still rep my hood for now.
i was born in obalende lived there 4 nine years and i can say dat obalende barracks it takes d grace of God survive in dat place as a youth.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by patholaw: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2013
Donlouise: i was born in obalende lived there 4 nine years and i can say dat obalende barracks it takes d grace of God survive in dat place as a youth.
my secondary school (st. Gregory's college)waz opposite obalende police barracks...that barracks na die...dats d type of barracks op is talking about.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
patholaw:
my secondary school (st. Gregory's college)waz opposite obalende police barracks...that barracks na die...dats d type of barracks op is talking about.
police barrack tinz
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by ehissi(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2014
Mutee:

There are different types of structures in the barracks and bases and every personnel residing there, depending on their ranks, is assigned one. There are CBQs, SNCOQs, etc. Can't remember the meanings now. For the CBQs, they are of different types. Some have 4 toilets & 4 bathrooms to each floor of about 10 rooms and parlour and others have one toilet and bathroom to a room and parlour. The SNCOQs are structures with 2bedroom flat apartment and are different from CBQs. The officers(captain) and above have their own structures too which is different from the CBQs & SNCOQs. The officers & SNCO quarters are not usually as jam-packed as the CBQs. The officer's children are quite different(behaviourally and otherwise) from others even within the same barracks. So, depending on the type of structure/quarters you lived in, you might have a different story to tell. I grew up in 4 different army barracks in 4 different states in Nigeria and the last was army cantonment Ikeja. I was there during the January 2002 bomb blast. I survived it. Life in the barracks was fun for me remembering my childhood days. People who lived in the barracks have the tendency of being aggresive and stronger. It's the military up-bringing and koboko things. You just can't oppress a barrack boy or girl. Was glad I grew up in the barracks cos there are benefits.

CBQ means Corporal and Below Quarters. SNCOQ means Senior Non Commissioned Officers Quarters; from the rank of Sergeant and above you are a SNCO below that na corporal and below. Different barracks may have different levels/grades of infrastructure depending on the size. Most barracks have a SOQ, Senior Officers Quarters which host Commandants and Commanders of Units or officers from the equivalent rank of Colonel and above. Some have quarters around the officers Mess where junior officers and those Senior officers who desire to live there can stay.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by JBismarck(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Reference:
Lived in one of the best baracks in the country back then for a while. The now defunct 311 Field Artillery Regiment, Epe. Well laid out, neat modern buildings all ensuite, electricity and water to all flats and best of all a private beach where we chill out on weekends and eat plenty coconuts. What an experience. It didn't feel like a barrack at all, more like those adventure expeditions. Yes it was far.

brother, this your guy here needs your assistance o. i am writing about the conversion of the barrack to school campus. abeg drop your email here so that i could conduct email interview with you sir. thanks in advance. my no is 07054043435 and my email address is jibolatoye@yahoo.com. my name is OLATOYE JIBOLA GANIU for verification purpose. i am a postgraduate student of history in the Department of History, University of Ibadan.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Paperwhite(m): 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
Koladechris:
Barack's full of sh*t! I neva plan to go there again. If u wan experience a 'typical rough life' go liv 4 S&T Barack in Benin
shocked shocked I used to think therel is discipline there.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Paperwhite(m): 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2018
Living in the Army Barracks was a mixed event for me. From Rukuba(Jos), then Akim(Calabar),Mokola (Ibadan), Abakpa(Enugu),Ikeja(Lagos)then Dodan barracks.It was really an adventure. smiley
The barracks contributing in making a better me.My dad being a soldier will never tolerate any form of indiscipline. winkI remember esp. the Babangida days in Dodan Barracks.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by alaboski(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
I live in a barrack presently gan, ajayi bembe police barrack, lagos island, i gotta say, living there i have learnt a lot, from being beaten to bullied. lol, d play dah we use to play sef, mobuyo, i call on etc. sha living there was dope sha nd i no dy dul. why we speaking english nt pidgin as per barrackians lol. grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Racoon(m): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Whao! From Bori Camp, to Bassawa, Akim, Mokola, Bonny Camp, Dodan Barracks, and Abakpa cantoment, living in the barracks was a mixed experience.However, generally, the barrack instilled discipline & hardwork in me.Parents were still disciplinarian.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Racoon(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ninilowo:
CBQ···········Ikeja military cantonment all the way.The place wey pidgin be lingua franca. Children ceremonial dress na kpata or boxer. Big girls dey come from dilapidated buildings con dey form for oshodi. Boys na real hustlers for maryland.

Women too dey gossip like say tmoro no dey. Women main occupation na to sell roasted fish n fry garry in some cases. Na there u go see children bearing the names of days of d week such as Friday, Monday,etc. Na there I first hear say pipu dey bear Tuesday as name.

Life for nite na anoda thing at Mami market where burukutu and suya de rein. After some cups of burukutu u go dey hear tory of First word war from d old sojas dem with different song. Better rifle dey, better suya dey,ogogoro dey, burukutu dey.
Old boy I feel your vibes.You be real Ikeja boy. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

thanks 4 derailing my thread / 5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / Boat Accident In Sokoto Kills 13 Children (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.