Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

The Levitation Of Princess Aisha - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Levitation Of Princess Aisha (3663 Views)

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari / US Father Takes Unclaimed African Kingdom To Make Daughter A Princess / Happy Birthday To My Little Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2013
I was going through a facebook friend of mine's old notes when I stumbled on this note. While I do not agree with some of the points the young man gave, his submission gives one food for thought. I have broken it into three parts.

Enjoy.

THE LEVITATION OF PRINCESS A’ISHA

The official sex distribution ratio of the Nigerian population is approximately 1.04males to every 1 female. In other words, Nigeria has more men than women; you wouldn’t however deduce this by observing the Nigerian populace. After a cursory examination of the everyday interactions between the average Nigerian male and female, one is not left with the impression that women are a scarce commodity, and in fact in shortage. You would not believe that there are 3 million potential Nigerian husbands who have little or no chance of marrying a Nigerian wife. Let me put this in perspective, the entire population of Abuja, Nigeria's capital city, is under 1.5million, so imagine everybody in Abuja, times two, all male, all looking for women, the result; crisis. In a country where more than half the population is Muslim, and Muslim males are allowed to marry as many as four wives (a lot of them actually do), the situation is even more alarming. Ironic but factual, the impression one gets on observing Nigerian inter-sexual interaction is quite to the contrary. Thus I arrive at the beginning of my quest; In search of the cause of this aberration.

I cannot count the times that, in a moment of truth, a female friend has turned to me and uttered the wish, “…if I was a man…”, or some sentiment to that effect. I feel for them, I really do. They truly believe, or realize if you wish, that despite whatever qualification or ability they possess, in that particular situation, the ownership of a p.enis and testicles would have been the deciding factor to tip the scales in their favour. I also must confess to acknowledging, in some cases, my female friends were tragically correct in their assessment.

In a lot of my musings I am prone to dilly-dally around the point, and slowly meander myself towards an apologetic conclusion. This time however, I am addressing a matter of grave urgency. The fact that biblically Eve was made from a single rib of Adam does not render her subsequently spineless. Breasts, a _vagina, and an ample behind do not make her sub-human. Personally and scientifically I will argue to the contrary. Unfortunately a fallacy is systematically being promulgated that women are in some way inferior to men. This theory has been championed by amongst others, religious institutions, and indigenous traditions, much to the detriment of African women. Like every great lie, this deception contains a few iotas of truth, without which it would come crashing down like a house made of frayed Whot cards in a strong wind. Let us now separate the wheat from the
chaff.

THE BRUTALITY OF EMPRESS KABANI

On surface examination, a man is stronger than a woman. Fact. This just means that if an average man and woman are left in a cage for a fight to the death, more often than not, the male will be the last man standing (no pun intended). However, we are not in cages, and practically all forms of modern contact sports are delineated on basis of sex. Moreover, in fights to the death, rarely is physical strength the deciding factor in such duels, more likely superior technique or technology, it has been this way for centuries.

Perhaps in prehistoric times when the survival of a community relied on how many antelopes could be captured by male hunters, and how well the burly males could protect their families from other bands of burly marauding males, this brute strength could be of essential value, this has not also been the case for centuries. For the past couple of millennia or so, martial advantage has been decided not by brute strength, but technological superiority. Most women I know can squeeze a trigger as well as any man, even though they may not be as likely to do so. This compassion has perhaps been a major drawback in the female revolution; this relative hesitancy to commit wanton violence.

Haven stated this, I will however not let the women off so easily, in recent times compassion and the reluctance to readily commit inhumane acts have proved as much a weapon as any gun. It is no wonder that the “winning of hearts and minds” has become an integral part of any modern conflict, and no one, I repeat no one, is better at winning hearts and minds than a woman. The power of love and compassion, or at least giving the impression of expressing these attributes have proved as good a weapon as any bomb or ballistic projectile, and these are primarily feminine attributes.

Now we are done with the barbaric advantages of physical strength, let us turn our attention to intellectual superiority, are men more intelligent than women?

Unfortunately most Nigerian men will answer in the positive to that particular enquiry. After all, which Nigerian will claim not to have heard the phrase “woman get fish brain” stated as a matter of fact. However, anybody who has ever attended an educational institution, at any level from primary to tertiary, will not as readily subscribe to this theory (Whether this aberration in assumption is a commentary on the educational exposure of the average Nigerian male is anybody's guess). However haven attended schools myself, I have known several girls who will give any boy I know a run for his money in an impartial classroom. Perhaps not in the quantities as I have known intelligent men (we are after all more numerous), but definitely of the same, and sometimes superior quality. Sadly many of these promising young Nigerian girls I knew have since metamorphosized into full-time battered housewives, shadows of their former selves, I will return to this theme shortly.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2013
IN DEFENCE OF GA’IA

If you are a “God-fearing Woman” I am about to spoil your day. This is however a necessity, as many of the social factors militating against the progress of womens rights in Nigeria are couched in religious dogmatism. I will start with a quote I came across a while back, though I do not remember it’s authorship, it goes something like this.

“It will yet be the boast of womankind, that they did not contribute a sentence, in the authorship of the Bible”

I have addressed the authorship of the Bible in a previous essay (see my; Ten ways to spoil Jesus’ Mood), but even those who stick staunchly to the divinity of the authorship of the Bible (or almost every religious text I can think of) must concede that, any such revelations, were in all the cases made to men. These MEN are the ones who subsequently penned them down. As a result of this “coincidence”, you get such fairytales as; Women being created from the rib of man, woman bringing about the fall of man, women not being allowed to speak in church, several instances in which God puts women under the subjection of men, God being male, the constant objectifying of women as property or appendages to men, etc. Apart from the obvious falseness of these original sentiments, church leaders, while conveniently expunging or overlooking several key passages in the bible, have insisted on emphasizing every half sentence in favour of the subjugation of women.

Unfortunate but true nevertheless, religion in the form in which it is currently practiced, is anti-feminist. And Christian women generally get off lightly, their Moslem counterparts do not even get to pray in the same room as their males, and end up little more than rewards for dead jihadists in Islamic heaven. An unmarried Christian woman can hardly go to church without being made to feel incomplete, unwanted, abandoned, or pathetic for her lack of male companionship. All issues concerning her life; financial, spiritual, career, academic, emotional, etc are somehow roped into her marital status. I have witnessed countless women forced into abusive relationships by matchmaking pastors.

I have seen battered and neglected women who, after managing to break free of their sadistic jailer husbands, are nevertheless instructed to go back due to the “will of God”. I have seen hot intelligent chicks starved of affection and turned to perpetual nursing mothers shuffling between the market and maternity home to the detriment of their careers, then dumped for the next hot intelligent chick, all sanctioned, under one guise or the other, by pastors and imams. My sisters, although you can console yourselves with the stories of Esther and Ruth (although the story of Ruth is a pathetic one at best, second only to Job in its trivializing of human emotional suffering) and Jesus’ fair and unprecedented treatment of women in the Bible. In general, the Bible is a very misogynistic piece of literature. Most abusive husbands justify their male superiority complex with religious doctrine.

Now back to the sanity of science.

THE ISSUE OF BLOOD

Scientifically, the woman is a far superior organism to the man. She is physically more complex, ask any doctor. The intricacy and
diversity of her biological systems pose a much higher challenge to evolve, produce, maintain, and understand. For instance, in comparison to the biological energy investment put into reproduction (the basis of human survival) by the female human, the contribution of the male is minuscule. For another, though related, simple example; compare the biological changes required to mature typical human male at puberty, to the analogous changes required to mature a typical girl to a woman. The boy suffers only the slight inconvenience of a cracked voice and some awry facial hair, the changes in the girls though, are so extreme that they have the boys wet dreaming.

Current scientific studies have gone as far as to label the human male as endangered; case in point it has recently been discovered that our Y chromosomes are under a constant barrage of chemical assaults, and are deteriorating at an alarming rate. Women conserve energy more efficiently, and also live longer. Biologically speaking the human male has been defined as little more than a crude genetic sift in the human reproductive process. Cloning is not possible in the absence of a female surrogate, but theoretically a woman can clone herself almost indefinitely. Other studies have shown women have a more effective memory and store fat more efficiently. I am no scientist, but talk to one or do your research and you will find I am just skimming the surface of these biological advantages.

Socially, women are far less likely to commit crimes such as rape, theft, fraud, and murder. Any married man will tell you women are better at managing resources. Any human infant is likely to survive a fatherless childhood, but is far less likely to endure beyond infancy without a mother. They are less likely to take unnecessary risks, and or be involved in car accidents. Most of the skills required in modern management practices; the listening ear, compassion, responsibility, impartiality, negotiation skills, the ability to convey emotional content etc, are all feminine attributes. In general I think even the most chauvinistic male, if given the choice between an all female, or all male world will opt for the first option. Anyone who has worked under a female boss (as I have) will testify that although they can be bi.tches, they more often than not, they get the job done. All these clear advantages raise the question, How come men were able to dominate women in the first place?

“I HAVE A WOMAN LIKE YOU AT HOME!”

I have touched on the reasons for this denigration earlier in my write-up. In an effort not to reiterate, I will summarize by saying; in
prehistoric times when brute strength was all that was required to survive, men were able to use this advantage to dominate the fairer sex. They have pressed and capitalized on this advantage ever since. Using cultural,religious, social, and emotional intimidation, man (and I mean males) have been able to extend their reign of terror indefinitely.

The tide however is turning. More and more women have been able to, in spite of all odds, claw their way into key positions, and once there, prove their equality (sometimes superiority) to their male counterparts. This has been a slow painstaking process. Regrettably, as in several other key indices of development, Nigeria, and Africa, is far behind the rest of the world.

I have a confession to make. For most of my life, I was a misogynist. Maybe I shouldn’t go as far as to say I hated women, but for a long time I considered them as inferior beings to myself. Alas girls who grew up with me will testify, I was very quick to hit them upside the head, or play some other mean trick, or commit some act of cruelty towards them. In my shoddy defence, I can say I grew up in a house with no sisters, so I was a bit slow to learn how to interact with girls of my own age range. I divided all the women in the world into two categories, My Mom, and The Rest. Compound this with a society that actively encouraged boys to feel superior to girls, and you get a very mean little boy. Let me use this opportunity to apologize to all the girls who had their hair pulled, tripped up, or a generally bullied by one Dike Ndukwe. What can I say… read on.

It wasn’t until the last few years of my Secondary School that I was able to establish my first healthy relationships with members of the opposite sex. I slowly, due to my interactions with several exceptional girls, grudgingly began to see girls as not just some silly weak species of alien, but as fellow human beings, friends, and in some cases, clearly my superior. It might have been okay in my infancy to tease and intimidate girls but I learnt that in the real world, when all was said and done, they deserved my respect.

Sadly most Nigerian men who grew up in a house full of sisters, never in their entire lives, reach the conclusion that I reached as a teenager. An even more pathetic fact is this; 95% of Nigerian women never reached this conclusion either.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2013
THE ANNOINTING OF HAJIYA SALMAN

How do you free a slave who does not wish to be set free? How do you undo decades of
brainwashing? Independence, as a rule, always comes with responsibility, and responsibility is a burden for any man (or woman). Most Nigerian women will happily surrender that responsibility to their husbands. They will rather have someone
else to blame for their mistakes and unfulfilled dreams. Rest assured my sisters, this instinct is not because you are female, it is because you are human, we all feel the same way. Most humans instinctively fear responsibility. I mean; why take the risk of taking control of your affairs in your inexperienced hands when you can hand them over to someone who you perceive is stronger or more efficient than you are?

I will proceed to answer the question I just posed. The reason to take the risk of grabbing your destiny in your own hands is because you have no choice in the matter. Your destiny is in your own hands whether you like it or not. If YOU decide to hand over your responsibility to someone else, just realize that YOU handed it over. It was your choice. Even the Bible will concede that every individual faces judgment alone; there is no marriage in heaven.

Another fact to realize is that although you might perceive someone to be more responsible, more efficient, or stronger than you, it does not necessarily make them so, I don’t care what your pastor or parents say. Let me put it like this, most of these men, aren’t really men at all, they are boys.

THE WIDOW'S “MIGHT”

I usually like to consider myself a man's-man. I usually say the type of things guys want to hear, take the type of actions guys wish they could, and milk every ounce of masculinity out of my testosterone reserves. That is however my nature as an Alfa male, I am not a male chauvinist. I have a Mother who I love and respect very much, a very assertive grandmother, several beautiful cousins, and have been privileged to date one or two stunning women. As a consequence, I owe womankind a great portion of my allegiance, so guys, permit me to deviate from form (you will thank me for it later when you have stronger, more assertive wives and girlfriends).

Let me quote another great urban philosopher, Snoop Dogg;

“Most of you Niggers act like B.itches”

This is by no means an indictment of womankind first of all, a b.itch is a female dog, and secondly I consider the statement an affirmation of the underlying similarities between the sexes. The vast majority of men I know gossip, complain, and are as fearful, petty, and vindictive as any woman I know. Yes they drink more alcohol, consume more intoxicants, and as a result they are more braggadocios and foolhardy than the average female.

There is also, I have noticed, a sense of duty instilled in every African man to, in a situation involving women, take the lead (most times to the detriment of the already bad circumstance). There is also the indoctrinated
tendency of the average African woman to defer to her male counterpart in any crucial or tense social situation. However, on an evenly structured playing field (or as even as you can get in Africa however slightly warped) such as school or work, this moral superiority is called into question. I have worked with men who nag so much as to put any petulant housewife to shame. I discovered to my dismay that a lot of the times when adult males wanted me out of the room as a child, it was probably to gossip about girls. I have inadvertently fallen into prolonged gossip sessions among full grown men that would have teenage girls screaming for some degree of restraint and or self respect. The degree of backbiting and hearsay bandied by so-called elder statesmen, and responsible “fathers” will shock most women to realize these so called men never keep to their words or promises, or stand up for what they believe in. They are not courteous to women, or honorable in any manner. They cannot be trusted, they have no opinions of their own, they lie, and they cannot help a girl young enough to be their daughter without a carnal intention. They are as petty, irritable, and jealous as little boys fighting over toys. They are cheats and bullies, hypocrites and abusers.

These are your so called men, these overgrown babies, tyrants at home and tools in the hands of their girlfriends. Bold faced liars, they lie to you, themselves, their families and to God, they have no integrity or principles, they have no self control, and most of them are broke. I know these “men”, I see them everyday, and they are in the vast majority.

These fathers and role models set examples for their children to follow, and follow their fathers these boys do, as their fathers followed their fathers, all the way back to the first caveman who dragged the first cavewoman by her hair, kicking and screaming into his cave. After all a child needs a father doesn’t it; otherwise it will end up useless right? Wrong. Barack Obama, and Bill Clinton are two children who grew up without their biological fathers and ended up in the enviable position of being called at one time or the other “The Most Powerful Man in the World”. Rather that putting their children in the position of seeing their mothers being constantly humiliated by their fathers, their mothers chose to show their children the dignity in human life, the pride of independence, and the beauty of self-
determination. They might not have had
“fathers”, but they didn’t turn out too badly did they?

I need not mention the ever expanding phalanx of women around the world and in
Nigeria, who have climbed to the apex of their
careers without the “benefit” of a husband, or in some cases, in spite of.

Don’t get me wrong, I know a lot of fine
upstanding men, I can recommend a few, your husband could be one of them, but realistically, that would be very unlikely. If I know a hundred married men in Nigeria, I would not be pessimistic in saying only five of them are faithful to their wives, I would only be being real honest. I know who they are, and to all the married men I know, if your wives call me up after reading this, I will be sure to mention you are one of them; I’m
not THAT kind of guy. But you and I know the
truth.

THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI

Already I fear I have said too much, as though I have betrayed some sort of Brotherly Code, but I console myself with the fact that I will not be taken seriously. African women are still going to place their self worth on being Mrs. so and so, they will still be encouraged to do that by their parents, pastors, peers, and leaders. They are still going to end up in abusive, lopsided relationships, they still want the fairytale wedding, and their friends haveto wear aso-ebi. They still want to dress up in the matching traditional material on Sunday or Friday and go and thank God in “EVERY” situation, including the abusive husband situation, the disappearing husband situation, the cheating husband situation, the irresponsible husband situation. After all, at least God gave them a husband, God
will change him eventually, and the children
need a father right? So nothing has really
changed right??

Guys!! Can I come back into the den now? I shouldn’t complain. I’m an employed single young (maybe not so young) man in Abuja
doing my thing. Gone are the days when we beat around the bush, we just tell the girl that we are looking for a relationship that COULD lead to marriage and 8 times out of 10, we get laid (The other two times, we run out of patience).

Forgive me guys, I just lost it for a while, this was as a consequence of me picking up the paper the other day and coming across the story of Mrs.________________. This poor successful lady made the mistake of putting her identity as Mrs. So and so before her identity as a human being. As a result she rushed into an abusive marriage that ended in her being stabbed to death by her pastor husband. Far from being an isolated
incident (believe me I have seen worse), this was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I had to speak my mind; I owe it to every woman on the surface of the planet, and my Dear Mom (there I go with those two categories again).

My conclusion is this; perhaps the social
evolution of men being in charge of women
evolved as a counter-weight to men being
biologically inferior to women. Women then
permitted this structure to take hold believing
that they really had nothing to fear from these
men; as in a subconscious cultural decision to say “Lets just humour these men and maybe they will make themselves useful”. Now however, the rules of the game have been cynically twisted. The men have learnt that the best form of defence is attack, for they have been absolutely corrupted by absolute power, and now the women are in danger. Their lives are now at risk; literally. It is time, for the African woman especially, as she is the most vulnerable, to defend herself. I am not proposing anything too radical (like an embargo on s.ex or something), just enough to re-affirm the natural state of things.

I will end with another quote which I must once more regret not knowing the authorship of; it goes something like this;

“It is a well known fact that the Man is the Head of the family, it is however a less known fact that the Woman is the Neck. And the Neck, everyone knows, can turn the Head which ever way it wants”

One.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by LarrySun(m): 9:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Wow! This will humble a lot of men. Yours faithfully not an exception. Above all, the guy's control of the English lauguage is superb. Thanks, Ishi, for posting this. Gives one a lot of issues on which to reflect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Wow! This will humble a lot of mean. Yours faithfully not an exception. Above all, the guy's control of the English lauguage is superb. Thanks, Ishi, for posting this. Gives one a lot of issues on which to reflect.
Indeed. He is a very good writer. smiley

However, how many men will want to admit that they are guilty of one or more of what the guy pointed out, especially the gossip part?

I never knew men gossip. . . lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by LarrySun(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
I never knew men gossip lipsrsealed
Of course we do, albeit poorly. But ladies are very good at it.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Of course we do, albeit poorly. But ladies are very good at it.
Na lie! You men gossip the 'manly' kind of gossip cheesy
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by LarrySun(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Ishilove:
Na lie! You men gossip the 'manly' kind of gossip cheesy
We discuss weather and sports grin While women discuss men tongue
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2013
Larry-Sun:

We discuss weather women and sports grin While women discuss men tongue
Better. cheesy
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Lyzbet: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Wow! This is a great write up. For a man to admit all these. He has earned my respect.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by zayhal(f): 10:54am On Mar 13, 2013
Sorry I'm on phone and can't quote properly.

Seems the two paragraphs below from the OP are self-contradictory:

The official sex distribution ratio of the Nigerianpopulation is approximately 1.04males to every 1 female. In other words, Nigeria has more menthan women; you wouldn’t however deduce this by observing the Nigerian populace. After a cursory examination of the everyday interactions between the average Nigerian male and female, one is not left with the impression that women are a scarce commodity, and in fact in shortage. You would not believe that there are 3 million potential Nigerian husbands who have little or no chance of marrying a Nigerian wife. Let me put this in perspective, the entire population of Abuja, Nigeria's capital city, is under 1.5million, so imagine everybody in Abuja, times two, all male, all looking for women, the result; crisis. In a country where more than half the population is Muslim, and Muslim males are allowed to marry as many as four wives (a lot of them actually do), the situation is even more alarming. Ironic but factual, the impression one gets on observing Nigerian inter-intimate interaction is quite to the contrary. Thus I arrive at the beginning of my quest; In search of the cause of this aberration

And-

Current scientific studies have gone as far as to label the human male as endangered; case in point it has recently been discovered that our Y chromosomes are under a constant barrage of chemical assaults, and are deteriorating at an alarming rate. Women conserve energy more efficiently, and also live longer. Biologically speaking the human male has been defined as little more than a crude genetic sift in the human reproductive process. Cloning is not possible in the absence of a female surrogate, but theoretically a woman can clone herself almost indefinitely. Other studies have shown women have a more effective memory and store fat more efficiently.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
^^^
I think the first paragraph talked about 9ja men while the second paragraph talked about world population.

I don't know if his facts are correct sha but I agree 99.9% with the OP.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 7:20am On Mar 14, 2013
brokoto: ^^^
I think the first paragraph talked about 9ja men while the second paragraph talked about world population.

I don't know if his facts are correct sha but I agree 99.9% with the OP.
What of the remaining 1%? grin
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2013
Ishilove:
What of the remaining 1%? grin
more like 0.1%. grin
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by zayhal(f): 10:21am On Mar 14, 2013
World population will invariably affect Nigeria. If the male specie is endangered the world over, will it not affect Nigeria? My take is that the writer only used Nigeria as a case study in paragraph 1. I don't have facts and figures to support or debunk OP but I think we should get our facts right when writing and not get carried away by emotions.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by maclatunji: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2013
I am not impressed at all. The writer is just trying to say women are human beings and should see themselves as such by not allowing themselves to be intimidated and abused by men.

The epistle he wrote did not bring out anything remarkable outside of the fact that he can write thousands of words to say what can easily be summarised in a single paragraph.

1 Like

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji: I am not impressed at all. The writer is just trying to say women are human beings and should see themselves as such by not allowing themselves to be intimidated and abused by men.

The epistle he wrote did not bring out anything remarkable outside of the fact that he can write thousands of words to say what can easily be summarised in a single paragraph.
You think? grin
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by ijebabe: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
That was a good read Ishilove, thanks for sharing! I'm definitely stealing this grin

I like that the writer took the time to explain himself rather than penning a paragraph to summarize (anyone can do that), leaving it bland, vague and open to unnecessary responses.

I don't know where to start commenting because he made sense in his write-up that I am unable to highlight one statement above the rest. This is something for young Nigerian women to think about. That is if they can take the time to read this grin
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by RoyalRoy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ishilove:
You think? grin
Mac is very right!
He must probably have ample time and needed to kill it with that write-up!
Too many words to describe something straight forward!
Nice & interesting write-up though!!
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
^ Thank you for proving me right. Ok, many women are happy to read what he wrote but where is the cutting edge and revolutionary idea that he has brought?

Many people might be impressed by the author's attempt at being 'intellectual' but please, presenting speculations and figments of your imagination is not what research and intellectual discourse is about.

In short, this guy is playing to a gallery full of women. After the screams and applause, nothing will change. Women should not be so easily swayed, what concrete steps will you take that will ensure that you maintain your dignity without losing your identity as a woman? The author failed to address that.

I laugh at the preposterous presentation. The writer is saying it is wrong to say women are inferior to men whilst effectively saying at the same time men are biologically inferior to women.

Why is there difficulty in accepting that there is a difference between men and women? Even 5-year olds notice differences in Instruments. I wonder why adults find it difficult to accept hormonal (which infers behavioural), psychological and behavioural differences.

Equity is what is required as equality has always been a farce. Women are not inferior to men but let us recognise and accept our differences.

1 Like

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by coogar: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji: I am not impressed at all. The writer is just trying to say women are human beings and should see themselves as such by not allowing themselves to be intimidated and abused by men.

i was wowed by his penmanship and some of the things he mentioned are correct but what good would this do to the nigerian populace? nigerian women are in their present position because of our culture and religion. how would you explain the concept of sex equality to an alhaji with 5 wives? his religion or culture backs polygamy as it's practised in most islamic countries.

then his quote about the neck turning the head is the most idiotic ever. after displaying his scientific background by telling us about the x and y chromosomes, he still does not understand the command to make the neck turn is from the brain(located in the head). for adding that to his epistle, he gets a C-minus from me otherwise he would have gotten an A for his excellent command of english language.

1 Like

Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by maclatunji: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
coogar:

i was wowed by his penmanship and some of the things he mentioned are correct but what good would this do to the nigerian populace? nigerian women are in their present position because of our culture and religion. how would you explain the concept of sex equality to an alhaji with 5 wives? his religion or culture backs polygamy as it's practised in most islamic countries.

then his quote about the neck turning the head is the most idiotic ever. after displaying his scientific background by telling us about the x and y chromosomes, he still does not understand the command to make the neck turn is from the brain(located in the head). for adding that to his epistle - he gets a C-minus otherwise he would have gotten an A for his excellent command of english language.

I stopped being impressed by people's 'Use of English' a long time ago.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by coogar: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji:
I stopped being impressed by people's 'Use of English' a long time ago.

i am always impressed cos it's something you would rarely see in nigerians. read some of the tweets of the so-called celebrities and you would understand! this ndukwe guy spoke some sense but he got too carried away towards the end.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by maclatunji: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Oh my God! Nairaland's word filter changed my word for people's reproductive organs to 'instruments'.

#Darn #LOL
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by ITbomb(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
“It is a well known fact that the Man is the Head of the family, it is however a less known fact that the Woman is the Neck. And the Neck, everyone knows, can turn the Head which ever way it wants”
I beg to disagree. The neck carries the head no doubt but it is the head that decide what the neck should do, the neck (no pun intended) has no intelligence of its own but the head can decide to dodge an aim that was designed to decapitate the neck. As such I believe the Head-Neck correlation is faulty.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji:

Many people might be impressed by the author's attempt at being 'intellectual'

I agree. This person is trying too hard and does not quite reach the intellectual levels he was hoping to achieve with the writing style. It was too desperate and actually a bit annoying.

He does make some good points but also makes some bum ones though.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by RoyalRoy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji: Oh my God! Nairaland's word filter changed my word for people's reproductive organs to 'instruments'.

#Darn #LOL
Lolllllzzz.....I was wondering what instruments u were talking about!!!
Word Filter don craze!!!
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by baby124: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
Absolutely beautiful write-up *clapping*

I give an A-1 for effort. A-1 for structure. A-1 for presentation. A-1 for content and A-1 for research = A1 overall.

See like me, i have realized my strength as a woman, and know i can do anything i want to do.

Heck, i am even handy with tools and can repair anything that is broken. I can open up an electronic gadget and try to figure out what is wrong. Even when the boo is there, i only call him when i absolutely need someone else's view on the matter. And we solve the problem together. Does that make me "Unafrican?" I am a Nigerian woman to the core, but i am fascinated with how far i can push myself. And to be my own woman and who i want to be, i had to find a man that is supportive of me and i of him. I like my freedom to be me. I know women that like to pretend they are a damsel in distress to make the guy feel good. I know women that play down their ability, intelligence and opinions to make the man feel good. I dont want to be with a man whose emotional stability is dependent on others.

I think people should focus and look for people that will take you as you are and support you. Trust me, when you have the biggest cheer leader as a spouse who lets you be the best you can be, the sky is the stepping stone for you. People are too desperate to be married that they never think, and picture themselves in a marriage with such a person. How would they be regarded? Can they achive their dreams? Will they be happy? Most of all, do their future children deserve such an environment I think of my future children more than i think of myself. I wouldnt bring them into or stay in a dysfunctional environment. I want them to have the best chance in life, better than i ever dreamed.

The OP is right in that men actually outnumber women in population. This has been proven over and over. The lie that women are more than men so men have to marry more women is a lie from the pit of hell, which has been exposed over and over. Men know how to lie and spread them. They tell them long enough to the point that it starts becoming true.
zayhal: Sorry I'm on phone and can't quote properly.

Seems the two paragraphs below from the OP are self-contradictory:

The official sex distribution ratio of the Nigerianpopulation is approximately 1.04males to every 1 female. In other words, Nigeria has more menthan women; you wouldn’t however deduce this by observing the Nigerian populace. After a cursory examination of the everyday interactions between the average Nigerian male and female, one is not left with the impression that women are a scarce commodity, and in fact in shortage. You would not believe that there are 3 million potential Nigerian husbands who have little or no chance of marrying a Nigerian wife. Let me put this in perspective, the entire population of Abuja, Nigeria's capital city, is under 1.5million, so imagine everybody in Abuja, times two, all male, all looking for women, the result; crisis. In a country where more than half the population is Muslim, and Muslim males are allowed to marry as many as four wives (a lot of them actually do), the situation is even more alarming. Ironic but factual, the impression one gets on observing Nigerian inter-intimate interaction is quite to the contrary. Thus I arrive at the beginning of my quest; In search of the cause of this aberration

And-

Current scientific studies have gone as far as to label the human male as endangered; case in point it has recently been discovered that our Y chromosomes are under a constant barrage of chemical assaults, and are deteriorating at an alarming rate. Women conserve energy more efficiently, and also live longer. Biologically speaking the human male has been defined as little more than a crude genetic sift in the human reproductive process. Cloning is not possible in the absence of a female surrogate, but theoretically a woman can clone herself almost indefinitely. Other studies have shown women have a more effective memory and store fat more efficiently.

Actually these points dont contradict. The first point correctly states the fact that men are more in population than women. The second point is referring to the fact that women live longer than men, which is obvious. Genetically men are weaker. We are the faster sperm and live longer.
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
By the way, does the writer know what 'levitation' means? When I saw the title, I thought a new mutant called 'Princess Aisha' was in town. #LOL
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji: By the way, does the writer know what 'levitation' means? When I saw the title, I thought a new mutant called 'Princess Aisha' was in town. #LOL
I will invite him to speak for himself smiley
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by slimyem: 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
Unnecessarily lengthy but interesting piece of writing.
I enjoyed reading through but it has neither head nor tail.The issues raised are not new or strange either.They have been discussed time and time again on here,outside here and from different angles.
Everything remains as it is/was.Nothing has changed!undecided
Re: The Levitation Of Princess Aisha by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
My friend is not a NL member, so he asked me to post this on his behalf.

"Lolz. I will first like to thank everyone who read my joint. I would also like to thank Ishilove for sharing it without my knowledge. She always pleasantly surprises me (although this time i'm getting the strange sensation i get when i'm walking into a fight in progress). I owe you one Ish, i always repay in kind.

It was so long ago i wrote this, and like i said at the end, a lot of guys arent going to be to happy with me for this one. However i was going through the papers and saw that story of the banker lady who was stabbed to death by her husband and i kinda lost it. I went to great length, literally, to make sure i was not misunderstood. And still some misunderstood me. What to do.

I guess the last quote was a bit cheezy but hey... you should take it up with the fellow who came up with it in the first place (now if only i can remember who that is...) anyway you guys got the message. My apologies to mactunji, after taking out his time to read my crap i ended up dissapointing him. Sorry Daddy, I wont let you down next time. mcsheeew! I was not trying to start a revolution or unveiling any novel idea or unprecidented discovery. If my writing lifted you to such eclesiastical heights and left you without an or.gasm i am again sorry (not), i was not writing er.otica. I am not a proffessional writer, i just felt moved to express myself on my facebook page. It does not impact on your chosen proffession or literary ability, or lack of one thereof. I am also not trying to snatch your girlfriend. Excuse me for exsiting here. All population data and scientific discoveries were researched and accurate when i gave them, if anyone has any contrary data i would be happy to see it. The rest is my personal opinion, which is a fundamental human right by the way.

I will endeavour to activate my Nairaland account, i really thought the website was just for cruising chicks. It is good to see intellectual relationships blossoming as well.

@zayfal. Baby_123 clarified my meaning.

@coogar. A "C-" for one bad sentence out of 5,000! I hope you dont actually grade students for a living. lol.

@ileobatojo." This person is trying too hard and does not quite reach the intellectual levels he was hoping to achieve with the writing style. It was too desperate and actually a bit annoying". I dont even know what to say... desperate for what? Also people always go on about my writing style. At least i have one. But really thats how i alwsys write, nice right? Or is it annoying? You cant please everyone i guess.

@baby_123 & ijebabe & lyzbet & larrysun & brokoto. Thank you. though crowd huh?

@royal roy. Sorry if i bored you. I only get the time to do this so rarely. Beleive me if i had known after going to such lenght to clarify myself i would still have to clarify myself... i wouldnt have bothered.

@itbomb. Do you always take idioms literary? if so i've got one for you. If water is rotten with what will you wash it?

@slimyem. Before tryin to change others, change yourself. I am really sorry my writeup did not make heads or tails to you. I was not actually describibg peices of anatomy. If you have the time, read it again.

@maclatunji. I think i have wasted enough time on you. However here is some sincere advice, dimming someone elses candle does not make yours shine brighter. It is only an illusion of relative brightness for the people closest to you. Thats just plain physics.

One." cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Do Not Understand My Mom Anymore? / I'm From A Broken Home, How Am I Different? / Lost Between My Wife And Best Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.