Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,432 members, 7,839,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37498 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Karev_wite: respect 2 u man...life is gud...no mnd me xai i neva comment 4 sumtym...ar js jen2 dai feel ds tori ni...
glad to hear that u re doin gr8
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2013
but what baffled them was Ignoramus whom they found sitting on top of their necks and smiling. They now found out that their chants were not of protest but of rejoicing. It staggered them.

Somebody came close and said, “You have done it!” Another cried, “Indeed knowledge can be acquired!” and yet another yelled, “You’ve done the impossible!”

‘How?’ sounded out of the mouths of Knowledge and his people—the inaudible type, for the sake of their dumbfounding befuddlement.

The town head stepped forward and said, “Thank you so much! You have done the impossible!”

“How?” they asked.

“You’ve taught Ignoramus the thing nobody knows in this town,” said the man known by the name Know-little. “My only daughter has been sick since the day we came here to raze this structure—that’s three months ago. Early this morning she was about to breathe her last when my wife came rushing in and staring at the roof as she sobbed: please don’t let my daughter die. Please, let her breath continue. Help her to stay alive and grow old...and things of such. I was almost reprimanding her for speaking like Mr. Mad who would always stare at and speak to lifeless things on the streets, but then our daughter got up few moments later, hale and hearty. I was astounded as I asked her: how did you know that? Were you born with such ability? She replied me: Witless my friend said she did that yesterday and her whitlows vanished. We went to meet Witless and asked her where she learnt such. She said she saw Mr. Senseless doing it, so she led us to him and the man said such was what he did two days back to get his sense organs working again. Mr. Senseless said he had found Obtuse doing that, so he led us to Obtuse the old man who confessed: such was what I did three days back to have the issue of blood bothering me for twenty years stopped. Mr. Obtuse then directed us to Dull whom he confessed had passed before his house peering at the sky and mumbling. We met Dull in his smiling paradise, and then he said with a wide grin: such was what I did four days back when I fell off the tree and broke an arm and pulled a hamstring but I was shocked to see the fracture and tears now healed up. He led us to Miss Gauche he had found doing that and she said: such was what I did five days back to deliver my first baby, a boy who had remained in my womb since three years back, causing me great pain. When I was walking in the streets five days ago, I spotted Ignoramus trudging slowly in the streets. As I approached him to say are you back? I found him mumbling in tears and saying: the one up there, please don’t allow the building of Mr. Experience and Mother Preference to be destroyed. Please! So I went away and went my way to weep my own problem too and then...I had my baby. Miss Gauche was glad as she led us to Ignoramus who was then sleeping soundly in his dark dirty hut, lonely. We woke him up and he told us such was what he saw you strangers doing...”

Ignoramus interrupted Father Know-little. “I told them I learnt it from here. I could remember seeing you all staring at the sky each time I didn’t get what you were teaching me. You would gape up and pour out your concerns to the Invisible One, so such was what came across my brain while I was walking home that day, five days ago. I did it and then these happened.”but what baffled them was Ignoramus whom they found sitting on top of their necks and smiling. They now found out that their chants were not of protest but of rejoicing. It staggered them.

Somebody came close and said, “You have done it!” Another cried, “Indeed knowledge can be acquired!” and yet another yelled, “You’ve done the impossible!”

‘How?’ sounded out of the mouths of Knowledge and his people—the inaudible type, for the sake of their dumbfounding befuddlement.

The town head stepped forward and said, “Thank you so much! You have done the impossible!”

“How?” they asked.

“You’ve taught Ignoramus the thing nobody knows in this town,” said the man known by the name Know-little. “My only daughter has been sick since the day we came here to raze this structure—that’s three months ago. Early this morning she was about to breathe her last when my wife came rushing in and staring at the roof as she sobbed: please don’t let my daughter die. Please, let her breath continue. Help her to stay alive and grow old...and things of such. I was almost reprimanding her for speaking like Mr. Mad who would always stare at and speak to lifeless things on the streets, but then our daughter got up few moments later, hale and hearty. I was astounded as I asked her: how did you know that? Were you born with such ability? She replied me: Witless my friend said she did that yesterday and her whitlows vanished. We went to meet Witless and asked her where she learnt such. She said she saw Mr. Senseless doing it, so she led us to him and the man said such was what he did two days back to get his sense organs working again. Mr. Senseless said he had found Obtuse doing that, so he led us to Obtuse the old man who confessed: such was what I did three days back to have the issue of blood bothering me for twenty years stopped. Mr. Obtuse then directed us to Dull whom he confessed had passed before his house peering at the sky and mumbling. We met Dull in his smiling paradise, and then he said with a wide grin: such was what I did four days back when I fell off the tree and broke an arm and pulled a hamstring but I was shocked to see the fracture and tears now healed up. He led us to Miss Gauche he had found doing that and she said: such was what I did five days back to deliver my first baby, a boy who had remained in my womb since three years back, causing me great pain. When I was walking in the streets five days ago, I spotted Ignoramus trudging slowly in the streets. As I approached him to say are you back? I found him mumbling in tears and saying: the one up there, please don’t allow the building of Mr. Experience and Mother Preference to be destroyed. Please! So I went away and went my way to weep my own problem too and then...I had my baby. Miss Gauche was glad as she led us to Ignoramus who was then sleeping soundly in his dark dirty hut, lonely. We woke him up and he told us such was what he saw you strangers doing...”

Ignoramus interrupted Father Know-little. “I told them I learnt it from here. I could remember seeing you all staring at the sky each time I didn’t get what you were teaching me. You would gape up and pour out your concerns to the Invisible One, so such was what came across my brain while I was walking home that day, five days ago. I did it and then these happened.”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2013
sammy plz check ds ur lst update again...i tnk ders an error der
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 20, 2013
Karev_wite: sammy plz check ds ur lst update again...i tnk ders an error der
Thanks Karev_white for the observation, but it may really not be a mistake. Maybe this next update will do to clear the issue. Lemme dedicate it to you.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 20, 2013
Dedicated to Karev_wite

Everyone applauded Ignoramus as he completed his testimony. However, he said suddenly again, “When they woke me this morning, I felt my brain refreshed and I began to find it easy to recollect that the names I’ve mentioned in Gauche’s hearings to be the owner of the building were even the wrong ones. But now I know that the school’s building plan was constructed through Mother Wisdom and established by Understanding and furnished by Mr. Knowledge. Now I know that the one in the sky is Father Creator!”
The three were glad that Mr. Preference’s scale hadn’t malfunctioned, since it was the same they had used in making the decision to let Ignoramus depart. If they had released him late to go and unleash his latent potential, the townspeople would have come visiting later, and then raze the building immediately.
Amidst the celebration, a messenger arrived from the Valley of Inexperience and delivered a letter to Mr. Knowledge. The letter had been sent by Mr. Experience to inform them that Green had returned. Mr. Knowledge had to address a letter through the same postman to the man—double joy!
The townspeople, including their head, demanded immediate enrolment in the Knowledge School of Thought, having it approved automatically. The inauguration of the Knowledge School of Thought was indeed remarkable. However, Ignoramus’ fame spread across many towns and cities and the story shocked many teachers who had come to the Valley of Ignorance earlier to establish their schools but were rejected.
Across towns and cities, many had begun applying the principle of looking into the sky and speaking to ‘the One up there who had clothed himself with the clouds’ and it had worked for them: Mrs. Barren in the Valley of Failure gave birth after twenty years of marriage to Mr. Impotent (not the one in Happy-Go-Lucky) after applying the principle. Also, Mr. Blind in the Avenue of Self-Pity, who had not seen a thing since birth, saw, and Mr. Dumb spoke in the Town of Cowardice. Many had their diseases cured and solutions solved at the principle they’d adopted and the fame of the unseen Father Creator went far and wide, thus decreasing the worshippers in Mr. Atheist’s temple and the followers of Doubt.
It even paved way for Mr. Knowledge to have the KSOT founded in many towns and cities which had called for him to have it built there. Amongst such were the Valley of Failure, Town of Cowardice and the Avenue of Self-Pity and it was his teachings Doggedness and his likes had heard in the Valley of Failure to make them leave the town to seek the Island of Greatness. The Valley of Ignorance, now named the Valley of Knowledge, became a centre of tourism; people flowing in day and night to hear Sagioramus’ testimony (for Mr. Knowledge had now changed Ignoramus’ name to Sagioramus to carry the name of Father Sage and to mean ‘an extraordinarily wise being’).
As Mr. Knowledge would always say, Critical practical and nothing more, is the key to becoming a good student, the people of the town demanded, when he taught them about marriage, that they needed it in practical (they have not been getting married in the valley before, but a man and a woman would automatically become husband and wife after the former had impregnated the latter). No one was ready to be used as a public practical example since no bachelor there was ready to live with an untried damsel to discover later that she was barren.
At the counsel of Mother Wisdom, the three arrived at a plan. Mr. Knowledge would marry Understanding the old virgin and they would have the marriage rites done in the right way in a large hall inside the KSOT. The wedding ceremony was performed and the people now willingly began to practise the same—marriage before sex.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 20, 2013
****explanation****
When Ignoramus was praying to 'the one up there' he made mention of wrong names: he pleaded for the security of the building of Mother Preference and Mr. Experience, but in the actual sense there wasn't any mother Preference at all-but you know how Ignomarus behaves(always committing blunders in his speech).

So Gauche heard him say such, which was exactly what she told Mr Know-little when he came to her.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 20, 2013
story continuation

Amidst these great testimonies, only Happy-Go-Lucky town remained unchanged those days. They kept going about their lives with false happiness and expectation to meet Mr. Goodluck someday. Even then, the Do-nothing School of Thought had expanded greatly in ‘HGL’.

Hope was quite glad at Mr. Knowledge’s story about Sagioramus. He wished in silence to become another Sagioramus, but the one who would change the unchanged Happy-Go-Lucky and turn lives around in multitude. Hope was gladder when Mr. Knowledge said, “Come with me to my library.”

“Library?” Hope’s face widened in excitement.

“Yes,” Mr. Knowledge affirmed. “Of course you don’t expect me to teach you everything. You can gain knowledge through books too.” Hope replied, “I’ll be glad.”

“More interesting stories and biographies are there. You can even read up the stories I’ve told you at length there: the story of Green and Sagioramus are available—the wise sayings of Father Sage, the words of Wisdom—just come over—come over!”

Hope was close to the man as they walked in the hallway. As they climbed up the stairs, Hope stared at the golden banisters and almost slipped down the stairway. They were up on the balcony. Hope hunched over the smooth balustrade and slid his palm over it. He was carried away with its splendour. The concrete window boxes harboured flowers of diverse species and Hope watched as the butterflies perched on their obese petals to do obeisance.

“You must have spent a fortune erecting this structure,” Hope remarked in euphoria.

“I didn’t spend a dime,” said the man. Hope was stunned. “The people of this hamlet built it themselves,” he made it clear.

They soon entered a very spacious room. Though it was day, wide candles were lit on the candlesticks and candelabra. When Hope asked why, the man said, “They are the Candles of Candidness for my candidates. The candles let you measure the level of honesty you have with yourself. The secret is this: before you start studying, observe the length of the candles and when you get tired and have quit studying, observe it again and detect how far into time you’ve spent, which you’ll compare with how well you’ve learnt. If what you’ve learnt is enough to justify the time spent, then you’re better off than someone whose time spent learning is far too long compared to the thing he’s learnt.”

“Like Ignoramus?”

“Yes, like him before we had his name changed to Sagioramus. As you’ve said, we burnt much candle those days teaching him, but eventually we had a reward. So...Hope, no matter how daft a soul might appear to be...no matter how little the knowledge you’ve gained from the millions of candle you’ve burnt, there’s a reward.”

Mr. Knowledge left Hope alone to have the books of his choice to read and then Understanding came close. She would ask after Hope had completed each book, “Do you understand?”

“Yes sister,” Hope would reply jokingly and she would grin. Hope came across one of Mr. Knowledge’s poems which he mused gladly:

The Pillar-structured Poem of Knowledge

Know no ledge, know hurt

No knowledge no aught

No knowledge know nought

But know knowledge know aught

Know no ledge, know pain

No knowledge no gain

No knowledge know stain

But know knowledge know gain

Know no ledge, know doom

No knowledge no boom

No knowledge know coom

But know knowledge know boom

Know no ledge, know death

No knowledge no breath

No knowledge know dirt

But know knowledge know breath.

“Do you understand?” Understanding asked yet again after Hope had ended humming it.

“Yes,” said Hope.

“Explain!” she demanded this time.

“Ledges are challenges in life,” Hope began. “If you don’t know them then you can’t face them. If you can’t face them then they become problems.”

“Hmm!” she mused amusingly. “I like the way you’ve presented it.”

“The knowledge of the ledges and challenges of life is the only way of challenging them,” Hope put up one. She was amazed!

“Hope, you’ll be getting that into the next edition of Mother Wisdom’s literature,” she said playfully.

“But...” Hope gnawed at his finger ashamedly. “She’ll write little Hope on it?” He was scared. He wouldn’t want that. “They’ll make fun of me—the scorners.”

Mother Understanding laughed long and then said, “How will the scorners get to know that your quote is in there? Will they ever peruse my sister’s literature?” She snapped her fingers and added, “Not the scorners!”

At the pep talk of Understanding, Hope gained the impetus to begin scribbling down something. He tore out a script and began to pen down words:

Words of Hope

1Ledges are challenges in life. If you don’t know them then you can’t face them. If you can’t face them then they become problems. Having the knowledge of the ledges and challenges of life is the only way of challenging them. 2If you don’t know how to challenge your challenges, then seek counsel; if you won’t seek counsel, then you’ll be lost forever in the river, not finding your way out of it. 3The path you take in life might be long but what matters is the point you want to reach in life; 4 If a shortcut would not lead to that point you wish to reach, why take the so-called shortcut? 5Yet if you take that long path, expect to find jesters standing on the way, jesters who are not moving forward or backward, but only remaining to pester you with their unending chatters. You keep moving, for if you wester on, speeding past them, you will see them appearing as though they are moving backward like yester and soon they shall fall and fester.

6In the forward march, the backward trend you have taken in the past shall become a thing of the past and in the backward march as well the forward march you have taken in the past shall become a thing of the past. 7What you do last is what counts not what you did first. 8The highway of iniquity is not a high way at all, but a low way; a low way that leads onto death—if you are lucky, you get into the cell of hell but you will only be walking away from there if you are luckier, yet after spending the most useful moments of your life in there.

9At any point in time, there is hope. 10The distance between sadness and gladness is not far at all; split the initial of one into two in the ratio ‘one-is-five-more-than-the-other’, then you’ll be spelling out the other—he that has knowledge let him understand this word of wisdom. 11The spot you want to reach in life, if it is not the bottom of a pot, then it is the top of the top—top of the mountain. 12If your parents are posing limitation, you shall end up under the pot, that is if you give heed to their mediocre minds, but if you oppose their limitations, you shall end up on the top of the golden knoll edge, yet that is if you have the knowledge of the ledges and how to avoid them.

13Don’t tell anyone there is no hope in whatever situation he finds himself—but have the faith that though they stand aloof today, they can stand aloft tomorrow; 14 If they are liability or vulnerable today, they can get ability and be able-bodied tomorrow. 15Life is full of voids. You don’t get much credit in avoiding the voids, but you get much more credit if you devoid the voids each time you fall into them. 16 It’s only a fool that will be full of himself and then end up making a fool of himself. 17If you don’t have skill, why do you want to kill yourself when you can learn it. Yet, if you have learnt it but still don’t have it, why not call upon Father Creator? 18 If you don’t make use of the ability in you, you will end up disabled; 19The disabled are not those who have lost an eye or a leg or an arm but they are those who have two eyes but can’t see the bright future ahead, have two legs but can’t trek the right paths, have two arms but can’t handle challenges of life.

20 Don’t judge your future with your present; if you do, then you’d be better off in the fool’s school of thought. 21 Disown your uncle if doubt is his name, for you can’t get anywhere with doubt. 22 To hate is bad and to love is good, yet it is good to hate revenge and it is bad to love doubt. 23 Watch the reason why you desire wealth; if it is for yourself and yourself alone, then it had been better for you to remain in the Avenue of Penury than to have it. 24. Listen to the wisdom of Wisdom and don’t cast away the adages of a Sage which are full of experience, wisdom, knowledge and understanding. 25 Avoid vice, embrace virtue and don’t seek beauty at the expense of your costly life. 26 You can only terminate your dreams yourself because no hurter can terminate it for you. 27 Don’t be a c*ock that mocks but be the eagle they mock; 28 For the more they mock you, the more they conk out like sick donkeys. 29 Don’t stand still hoping, but hop along and hope still. 30Your Island of Greatness is a stone throw from where you are but if you linger behind, the scorners will throw stones at you from their corners. 31Make no friendship with Idleness, for he is full of nothing except bad idea.

32 Silence is not the best answer for a Sage, they’d be better off with a fool. 33 If you don’t find challenges on your path to greatness, then perhaps you’ve departed from the path—challenges are the indicators of the right paths. 35 Don’t join people raising evil placards to grumble along and don’t join people playing cards to gamble. 36 A friend of fugitive shall end up becoming a thief and a friend of vagabond shall end up in bonds. 37 Don’t ponder upon the long platitude of Doubt, which lacks longitudes and latitudes, but is filled with bad attitudes, but think upon the beautiful Beatitudes of a Sage that are punctuated with prosperity and bliss…

Before long, Hope had written a ‘houseful’ of books. He found it interesting to begin his own story, just as Green, Sage Green, did his own as well as Sagioramus. He picked a book, had a pen and began to scribble his autobiography into it. He thought to have it titled The Story of Little Hope.

“Knowledge is dynamic, so Hope, don’t stop learning,” said Mr. Knowledge when Hope was departing the Hamlet of Illiteracy now called Hamlet of Literacy where he had tarried three months learning the wisdom of Knowledge and Understanding.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 6:27am On Oct 20, 2013
wow i luv ds new hope n i luv wer ds stori is headin 2...sammie i hail u o.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 20, 2013
Good morning pal. Hope you get my previous explanation.
Karev_wite: wow i luv ds new hope n i luv wer ds stori is headin 2...sammie i hail u o.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2013
Good Morning Everyone...
Happy Sunday to you all!!! Please let's keep this Sunday pure as best as ever we can.
once again, happy Sunday 2 us all!

***********CONTINUATION***************

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
THE CONSPIRACY OF DOUBT AND LIMITATION

“Will you open your eyes to watch Hope die in the river?” Doubt spoke to his sister but she kept replying “I don’t know what to do brother” amidst her sobs.
“Do you want to lose Hope as I lost Idle or as you lost Alacrity?” Doubt would speak again. When she had made a job out of sobs, Mr. Doubt said in frustration, “I doubt if you are not in support of Hope’s adventure yourself.”
Limitation would defend herself:
“But brother, you should know I can never depart from the way of Hindrance our mother. How could I have let Hope go away at my will? It’s the Faiths I fear, else I’d have held him, perhaps to keep him under the care of Bondage and Captivity, those wicked eunuchs.” Mr. Doubt ignored her talk and said, “Only Giant Faith I fear. The other Faiths waver at my sight and become inactive. If only that old Sage could keep the giant away from them, then getting Hope back becomes an easy job for me—but as for me I won’t keep him under the care of Bondage and Captivity.”
“Why?”
“Ordinary Idle they couldn’t keep safe, how then would they be able to handle this extra-ordinary Hope who is now great?” Limitation felt blood rush into his face as she heard her brother call her son ‘great’. She debunked. “To me Hope is still little.”
“I doubt if he is little now,” said Doubt. “He’s been with Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding already and had had Experience. I guess he would be departing very soon.”
“What do you suggest, brother?” she submitted. Doubt had no immediate reply. The gravity of the thought in his head had made his neck to turn down. When he had had much storm in his brain, he said eventually, “I shall seek Mother Witch for her witty elderly counsel, for she is capable of—”
“Mother Witch?” Limitation was shocked. “I mean is it good for us to use a medium as a medium of achieving our purpose?”
“We have no choice now,” Mr. Doubt whispered. “I don’t even care using the Vice there as a device for getting him back,” he maintained. However, she still stared repugnantly at her brother’s idea and said, “I thought the two of you are not in good term at present. Didn’t you thirst after vengeance of late, but had boomeranged on you when you sent Revenge to the Hurt huts? I’m sure that till now the hurters haven’t forgiven you. At least they’ll not, when they still have their Cloaks of Maliciousness close by. Remember how they had sent Revenge back to you to vandalise your property with his Sandals of Vandal.”
Doubt guffawed uneasily as he said, “I am Doubt and I know what I can do. I can get to the Hurt and get away from being hurt by the hot-tempered haughty hurters, just the way I saved nutty Hope and Idle from the hands of naughty Malefactor, Ruthless, Brutal, Mortal and their colleagues in the Hamlet of Pity now called the Hamlet of No-pity. Besides, if Mother Witch hears that it’s a matter concerning Hopelessness, she’ll overlook our enmity to look over the matter I’ve brought in amity. She’ll end up colluding with me instead of colliding with me.”
Limitation had her smiles back after many days, for she had made a decree earlier that everyone in the house should eat much breakfast and observe fast of smile until Hope had returned, and such was what the family was observing till now, except Standaloof who, despite being chided by Limitation, would not stop yelling her childish habitual ta-ta that would always come with smiles. However, Limitation limited her smiles to a ‘dimplefree’ one now, fearing not to lose her teeth to a smile that could end up in sorrow. However, she said, “I don’t doubt your words, brother Doubt. I’d be suggesting that I went with Revenge to deal cruelly with Father Sage who’d adopted my son.”
“I doubt if this is adoption!” Doubt voiced out with indignation. “I’d rather call it abduction.”
“You’re right!” she made a yell.
Doubt departed with the intent of putting his intention into action. As he reached the Hurt, Stubbornness rushed to him to fight him, but the man said, “I doubt that after you’ve kicked or punched me you’ll be maintaining your balance, you one-legged careworn little worm!”
Stubbornness softened at Doubt’s words and turned around to let him be. As Mr. Oppressor approached in annoyance, Mr. Doubt quickly said, “I come for the peace of this Hurt!” Mother Witch heard him and ordered that he be brought forward to sit close by her on a boulder for his boldness in approaching matters. When they’d both had their buttocks on a massive boulder, she asked, “Why are you here?”
“To seek your elderly counsel,” Doubt replied without hesitating as he took off his black tarboosh to show respect for the elderly woman.
“Open it.”
“Hope is leaving this town soon to the Island of Greatness, but I don’t want him there.”
“So is everyone in the Hurt!” she bared her soul to him also. “Baddream has been dreaming bad dreams about him and Badwill and Badwish have been willing and wishing bad wills and bad wishes for him, which is good for these huts.”
“But I doubt if their wishes and wills would work this time!” Doubt broke in.
“Why not?”
“He’s now walking about with Giant Faith.”
“Dang!” Mother Witch was furious. “Why haven’t you made Hope doubt the existence of the island earlier when he returned to town?”
“Because Giant Faith is walking about with him, and so making it impossible for me to reach him and sway him with my sweet words,” he replied frankly. “If only we could scatter the unity amidst them and lure that giant away with Mr. Conflict’s Accordion of Discord, then the deal is done.”
“Good suggestion,” she passed her comment. “But I’m afraid to tell you that the Accordion of Discord had been destroyed by Giant Faith few years back when Conflict sneaked into the temple, disguised as one of Father Sage’s choristers to play it. Father Sage and the Faiths could only realise the presence of Conflict at late hour after detecting the tone produced by the accordion to be that of Discord, Conflict’s forefather, for all the accordions belonging to the temple were Accordion of Accord purchased by Generous from Mr. Concord the grandfather of Agreement. By then, the temple had become half-empty, for many worshippers had crept out unawares, being peeved at the unpleasant musical notes having there source from the accordion. In rage, Giant Fear lurched at Conflict and snatched the accordion from him, destroying it in accordance with Father Sage’s instruction.”
The news saddened Doubt who bowed his head sorrowfully and clicked his fingers as he whispered worriedly, “Hope must be severed from Giant Faith.” Silently, Doubt’s index fingers poised over his forehead in thought, with grimes and sweat all over his face. Suddenly, he thumped up once more, saying, “What about the Cornflakes of Conflict? If we could only get Mr. Conflict to make them eat it then the deal is done, because I’m very sure that they shall immediately scatter and go asunder; then I’ll abduct Hope easily.”
Doubt was bothered by the expressionless face of the woman even after the bodacious suggestion he thought he had raised, therefore he asked, “Mother, are you not saying something?” It was then Mother Witch opened her mouth and said, “Doubt, it seems you’ve been living in a cloud-cuckoo-land all the while. How would you know much of the happenings in your hometown when you spend much of your time staying away to solve the problems in other towns and cities?”
“Mother, just tell me what happened,” Doubt was impatient.
“As you know, Mr. Conflict returned to the Hurt from his long trip last month and we celebrated it, thinking that his return was a timely one, because he would now help to end the easement in the Dotage cottage and in the temple of Father Sage. Mr. Conflict, according to my instruction, quickly blended the corns with a pint of his blood and his saliva, which are the major ingredients needed in the cornflakes to make the eaters get mad at each other. Thereafter, he crept surreptitiously into the kitchen of the Dotage cottage and replaced the jugs of cornflakes in there with his own cornflakes.”
However, he ran out of luck when he was running out of the unlocked kitchen door. Giant Faith spotted him while he was exiting the cottage secretly. The giant coaxed him to confess the reason for his presence there, but he refused, therefore he was locked up. Few minutes later, Mother Wisdom served the cornflakes she thought she had made but before any of them would have a taste, the Faiths screamed, “Mother, what is this you’re serving us?”
“Cornflakes of course,” Wisdom revealed her wisdom teeth in smiles but the continuous stern face of her sons baffled her. She asked, “What is the matter?” and then the giant replied, “This is not like the Flakes of Faith you’ve been preparing for us since your return to this land.” At Giant Faith’s comment, Doggedness was quick to say, “Mother Wisdom can’t feed us with anything harmful, therefore let’s forget about the issue of whether the flake is fake or the Flake of Faith or of fate, or whether the milk is the Milk of Meekness or not.” Before anyone could say a thing, Doggedness had scooped some of it into his mouth, crunching it gladly and gulping it down with a cup of milk. Just then, Father Sage rebuked Doggedness as he said, “Young man what is it that you have done? You have to watch and pray all time, else you might end up swallowing the wrong thing. And also, it is good to walk by faith and not by sight, that is why you should have waited for the Faiths to discern with their Eyes of Faith if these flakes are edible or not. More so, whenever we come together to eat supper like this, let us tarry for one another and eat our meal in singleness of heart—” Father Sage had not ended his speech when Doggedness suddenly rose to his feet, belched and coughed as he spoke harshly, “I’m bored of staying in this fusty cottage.”
“What!” everyone was shocked at the boy’s unexpected comment, someone who had been known for his meekness all the while.
In rage, Hope yelled at him. “Doggedy, are you out of your mind?”
“Keep quiet Hope!” the boy responded, miffed. “Let me express my mind: the rule here is just too much; watch and pray; pray without ceasing; have faith in Father Creator; abstain from everyone having the appearance of Mr. Evil; fight the good Fight of Faith—bla, bla, bla. I’d rather go back to the Valley of Failure my hometown to eat the cumbersome cucumbers and lick the sweet butter there instead of being continuously fed with the sincere milk and—” Doggedness was making for the door already but Giant Faith held him tight and sealed up his mouth in order to prevent him from speaking grievous words further.
The sight was exceptionally shocking to the Goods who raised their voices in one accord and said, “Doggedy, but you said that the butter in the Valley of Failure is bitter. Why are you confessing the opposite now?” Before anyone could utter a word, Giant Faith said thoughtfully, “An enemy has done this.” Then he made known to them how he had seen Mr. Conflict stealing away from the cottage. It had now occurred to them that the cornflakes were the Cornflakes of Conflict. Before Doggedness could recover, he had to eat much of the Cornflakes of Faith and drink many jars of the sincere Milk of Meekness. Mr. Accord the adept head chorister was also invited to play the Accordion of Accord in his hearing and perform the Accord’s Dance of Accordance before him. Thereafter, Mr. Conflict was taken to Mr. Justice who ensured that the hurter was kept in the Cell of Hell till date.
When Mother Witch ended her story, Mr. Doubt heaved uneasily and stared dejectedly at the bare floor of the chamber as he mused, “Hope must be severed from Giant Faith. Mother, is there no harmful musical instrument left in the Hurt that I can go play in the temple of the Sage to cause pandemonium?”
“None is left,” she responded.
“Not even the cymbals called the Pan of Panic and Pandemonium?”
She nodded.
“Bell of Bellicosity?”
“No. It’s now without a pendulum.”
“Drum of Doom?”
“Torn.”
“Lyre of Mr. Liar your lord?”
“Evil Thought stole that from us to play it in the ears of Virtue who ripped it off his grips and destroyed it.”
“Oboe of Obstruction?”
“Broken.”
“Trumpet of Trauma?” Doubt asked further, in doubt.
“Destroyed.”
“Flute of Flu?”
“Destroyed.”
“Violin of Violence too?”
She nodded.
“Viola of Violation?”
No response.
“Guitar of Jitter?”
“Destroyed by the unwavering Faiths.”
“Harp of Mishap?”
“Missing.”
“And even the Harmonica of Harm?”
“Doubt, I’ve told you that you’ve dwelt too long in the Cloud-Cuckoo-Land very far away from this town; if not you would have known that the Harmonica of Harm had been destroyed many years back by Mr. Saint, the father of the Faiths after Mr. Harm crept into the temple unawares and destroyed the Clarinets of Clarity, Harmonica of Harmony and the Harp of Happiness in there. The worshippers in the temple had begun to faint one after the other at the sound of the notes produced by the Harmonica of Harm before Mr. Saint and Father Sage could realize it. Then immediately, Saint grabbed Harm, disarmed him and destroyed his harmonica after crushing his arms.”
“Ouph! Hopeless,” he sighed. “Giant Faith must be severed from Hope,” Doubt hummed.
“Are the other Faiths not with him too?” she asked.
“Yes, they are—”
“But you keep mentioning only Giant Faith’s name.”
“It’s because I can handle those ones easily,” he hissed them off.
“You can handle them?” Mother Witch was fading into pensiveness.
“Have my word: only Giant Faith is my headache.”
“Are you sure?” she said brashly but had to now say, “Well...I believe in you, Doubt, since I know you know how to make headway—you’ve made many believe in your words, and according to Mr. Rumour, you single-handedly turned the harmless Hamlet of Pity to the one of No-pity...”
“Have my word!” he maintained.
“Then problem solved!” Mother Witch bawled ecstatically.
“How?”
“Since you have confessed that you could handle Moderate and Dwarf Faith, all we need now is someone who could face the giant in a fight. I’d have sent after Giant Fear before now, but I felt it a sheer waste of time, since it would be three on him alone: now if you can help with the two Faiths, Giant Fear would have only Giant Faith to fight.”
“Send for him!” Doubt was glad at Mother Witch’s proposal. He smiled conspicuously. Happily, Mother Witch held Doubt’s arm tight and whispered, “You’ve helped to solve a ridiculous riddle, Doubt. I shall make sure Giant Fear kills Father Sage after getting rid of the Faiths. Thanks a lot!” They offered Mr. Doubt wine (not the wine of Violence, Revenge’s late forefather) which he gulped down after having a toast with Mother Witch and the rest of the hurters, who had said “To Hope’s fall!” while clinking their mugs.
When Doubt told his sister the news, she called for an impromptu family meeting, which Standaloof had viewed uncalled-for, remaining under her blanket of restriction and not joining the rest of the family to participate in the breaking of their fast of smile by skipping breakfast to bedeck their shrinking cheeks with deep dimples.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Good morning pal. Hope you get my previous explanation.
yeap
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2013
This is getting m0re exciting grin

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
HOPE’S DEPARTURE AND FEAR’S ARRIVAL

As it used to be, the day dawned like a newly-opened page of a book—the day Hope would leave the Happy-Go-Lucky town. The jays came around and chirped their unending yammers into the still ambiance of the town. The cirrus cloud thickened beneath the sky and made the firmament look as though afflicted with infirmities, such that the townspeople who saw the harbingers began to fear a bad omen, thinking the birds in the sky had left their whitish feathers in the sky. The sky grimaced as thick cloud set over its large blue eyes. A mockingbird sat over a hummock and hummed mockingly to signal the looming woes. The Go-Luckers feared it would rain hailstones. The quails, the doves, the sparrows—they swept across the sky in their multitude to escape the imminent devastation they thought was pending, having nothing next to their minds other than their nests. The whole town had had its facade marred with darkness—the darkness of the shadow the mare tails in the sky had fostered on the earth beneath. Whirlwinds whirred and whirled dirt and earth along to mess the entourages with mists, aggravating the fear of the misty-eyed early-risers in the midst of it. A great squall jostled its way into the squalid atmosphere of the town. The whirligig of the giggling atmosphere stirred up utmost fear in the hearts of the Go-Luckers, even when Giant Fear hadn’t arrived and their hope seemed to have departed, even when Great Hope hadn’t departed.
Lizards lazed around under the raging blizzard, fearing no hazard at all, since they had their gizzards scraping the floor all along for ages—so no need to fear a fall when they were on the floor already. However, the ants hurried away to safety since, to them, it would eke out no sense to stay in the hay and expect to be swept away when they could be safe under the hidden shelter lined with cheap food summing up to heaps, which they had already stored up in the summer.
The darkness was so great that even the Faiths of our father trembled. They had to ask, “Should we proceed with the journey now or make it another time?”
“Of course you’ll proceed, even if it would rain catastrophe and dog-tiredness,” Father Sage made known.
They didn’t argue.
Father Sage didn’t forget to arm the Faiths with the whole armour of their father Mr. Saint after counselling them to stand firm and never put them off for any reason. Father Sage had said, “You can’t stand to withstand Fear without your armour in your arms. Stand therefore with your loins girt with the Belts of Truth and your chest shielded with the Breastplates of Righteousness. Also, put on your Shoes of Goodnews and take your Shields of Faith with you, with which you’ll be able to quench all the fiery darts of the relatives of Mr. Wickedness. Take also the Helmets of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit with you.” Before long, the Faiths had had them all on.
As Hope and his eight friends trudged out of the Dotage cottage, rain of pains percolated their skins and made their bones weak and wobbly. However, they stepped forward in the dark, wearying their eyes to find the way. When they reached the Valley of the shadow of death not far away, they were left in total darkness—no little light to see the path. The Goods feared and would depart but the Faiths encouraged and said, “Follow us! We can still see the road though.” A queue was made behind the Faiths who now led the way.
“I left my hurricane lamp behind,” Mr. Knowledge confessed. “I thought it would be a waste of fuel and meaningless to carry it with me when our journey would be by day.”
“You should have brought it along,” Hope spoke like a Sage.
“Any sense in wasting the fuel in the day?” Mr. Knowledge asked.
“Perhaps there’s sense in bringing it along,” Hope whispered constructively. “Didn’t you burn candles in your library back there—even while it was day?”
The Goods and Doggedness could not help staring at Hope’s face with puckered faces, taking his response for a show of churlishness, but Mr. Knowledge rebuked them mildly and said, “Hope is right.”
“How?” they asked.
“Peradventure our adventure got prolonged such that we didn’t get to the river in the day and we might need light to wander on at night, how shall we get it? I should have prepared for the unexpected, just like the five wise virgins many years ago.”
“Hmm!” they absorbed, having all heard the full story from Father Sage in the past.
“And as a matter of fact, burning the wick on my lantern in the day isn’t a waste at all.”
As an afterthought, the man tucked his hands into the bag he had on his back and found the lantern in it.
“What!” he exclaimed gladly. “I found it!”
Immediately, he got fire on it and they could see their paths through the Valley of the shadow of death vividly. They were scared when they saw serpents and scorpions beneath their shoes, most of them dead already, especially the ones they found behind them.
“What!” they gibbered in fright, but the Faiths only smiled and said, “We saw them even while in the dark, but we kept silent because we knew that you’d be scared if you knew about it. We trampled upon them easily and they had died all the while.”
“Hmm!” Hope breathed out a sigh. “I shall tread on serpents and scorpions and they shall not hurt me, Father Sage told me few months back. And now it’s real!”
“Even if you drink poisons, Hope, unwontedly, you shan’t be affected a bit,” Mr. Knowledge added.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by fateemah88(f): 4:45am On Oct 21, 2013
Nyc story.its gettin better evryday
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 21, 2013
fateemah88: Nyc story.its gettin better evryday
Thanks Fateemah88...first time to comment...watch out for my next update!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2013
Dedicated to Fateemah88, for posting something on this thread for the 1st tyme grin

story continuation......

A boisterous thunder tore the sky but the Faiths bolstered the pilgrims to move on. A whirlwind dealt a blow to the bald head of Mr. Knowledge by blowing his hat away, but the man was grateful that it wasn’t his heart that was blown away. The wrinkles suddenly cleared off the face of the sky—it was raining. The rain poured down heavily such that they had to rush under the little shed in the outskirt of the town, the Pottage cottage it was called, owned by Mother Kind the wife of Mr. Peacemaker, where she always entertained strangers. They stayed underneath the shed and Mother Kind approached them with kind gesture, having her small puppy lying close to her feet. She wore a long brown anorak and had the hood on its top as a covering for her hair and for her shamefaced face partially as she was wont doing, as well as a wide cylindrical hat sitting on top of the hood. She asked Mr. Knowledge to put out the light, for in there was not very dark. The man obeyed immediately. She poured them hot coffee to drink and made them warm, and she didn’t spare the loaves of dry bread too, telling them to chew them all. Her dog only lay close to lick the crumbs off the floor.
After they had taken much tea and had fed on the bread she had with her, she asked their permission to get few sticks for firewood in the wood close by, so she could make them proper meal, a well garnished dish of pottage, and they permitted in ecstasy. By then the sun had appeared again and the cloud had cleared. They waited long for her arrival but she didn’t show up. Then their thoughts dilated and they were not sure if they should leave or stay, since the time was far spent already.
“And we don’t have the Scale of Preference here,” Mr. Knowledge lamented. Just when they had risen to leave the tent, being the tenth hour of the day, they found her, but with no firewood.
“Mother Kind!” they called and she bent to get in.
“Who are you?” she asked edgily.
“Don’t you know us anymore?” they voiced out, being shocked at her confessions but she appeared more shocked than the shocked ones. Promptly, she asked again, “Who are you? What are you doing in my tent this early?”
“Didn’t you feed us and serve us coffee few hours back?” said the Faiths.
“And you even have your dog here with us!” Mr. Knowledge uttered.
“Then you said you’d be departing to the wood close by to fetch some firewood,” said the Goods and Doggedness.
“We are the friends of Father Sage treading this path to get to the River of Achievement when we stopped by to...” Hope was interrupted.
“So—you are here?” the woman revealed, straining her aged eyes to stare at them. Now she could recognise them. “But I have not been here today. The rain delayed me and I had to tarry for the rain to stop. I didn’t even bring my puppy along now, for the cold could do much harm to it. How come you said I did all these?”
They were greatly stunned!
“But—” they could not speak. They showed her the purple puppy now lying lifeless, foaming in the mouth.
“It’s not my dog,” she confessed.
“It’s dead!” they were horrified.
Mother Kind grinned and coughed as she said, “Surely, this is the handiwork of an enemy. It is definitely Mother Witch, for she had done similar deeds in the past. She has definitely poisoned the bread and coffee you took. That is why this puppy belonging to her has died.”
“What!” the shocking revelation made them perplexed and then Doggedness asked, “How come we didn’t die while the puppy did?”
“Have you forgotten?” Mr. Knowledge faced the boy. “If you drink any deadly thing unintentionally, it shall not hurt you.”
They thanked the woman for her revelation and promised to be more careful another time as they walked away in haste…
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Giant Fear had arrived, for Mr. Oppressor had gone to fetch him earlier. Mother Witch entered the Hurt rejoicing and then they asked, “How did it go?”

“Great!” she exclaimed, pulling the hood off her face as she sighed.

“Tell us something!” they were elated.

“Well...I made them eat the poisoned bread and drink the Coffee of Cough until the jar was empty. They’d be dead by now.”

“We must throw a party,” said Mrs. Jealousy gladly and Madam Pickoffence said, “And then we shall drink to a toast to Hope and his entourage’s death.”

“Maybe we shall get Madam Picky and Mr. Oppy to come together again to have the hug,” Stubbornness said gladly, and yet, the Bads said, “We’ve dreamt of this day when Madam Picky put off her Cloak of Maliciousness and had the hug with her long abandoned husband.”

Mr. Oppressor looked sober and glad about the news but Madam Pickoffence made a frown and rushed quickly away with shame. However, they proceeded with their revelling and roared gladly when Madam Pickoffence came joining with her apparel changed. She now had on her the cloak of maliciousness no more, but her wedding garment of twenty-four years back. She looked younger and her face radiated a long-hidden beauty as she minced toward them with her high-heeled shoes.

“Wonderful!” exclaimed Mother Witch. “We shall have a remarriage even now and the couple would have the hug hankered after for these four years.”

Mr. Oppressor was the happiest man in Happy-Go-Lucky that morning, but Mrs. Jealousy was the most jealous, stealing glances at them in hot annoyance through the eyeglasses she had set before her face. She rushed away to pour out her scorn like a corn eater and to whine like someone inebriated with wine at the Scorners’ corner. They ignored her moves and went ahead to keep the party going. Mother Witch had prearranged it such that immediately the couple had clinched in a warm hug, the rest of them would clink their mugs and drink to Hope’s death. Therefore they were at alert, having their mugs raised already as they waited for the couple to clinch. As they would do it, someone jumped the fence to the Hurt huts and cried, “I saw Hope and the rest leaving the tent of Mother Kind and heading for the river.” Quickly, Mr. Oppressor fiercely jostled Madam Pickoffence out of his way as he hurried to grab the announcer whom he found to be Rumour: then, all mugs had gone down crashing at the floor and their pointed portions had pricked the falling woman and injured her.

“You?!” he screamed at the man and pulled him roughly.

“I—I...”

“You shall die!” Mr. Oppressor went wild, kicking at him dangerously.

Madam Pickoffence had risen to her feet again in pain and sadness and had begun to head for the Chamber of Chasm, an underground chamber she had built for herself at the renovation of the huts, which she had been dwelling in ever since because of the unsettled differences between her husband and herself. When she returned, she had the cloak of maliciousness on her again and her face she had painted with the Perfume of Fury. When Mrs. Jealousy saw that, she rushed out of the corner and laughed her to scorn.

“What did you just say?” the angry man asked him fiercely and he stammered, “I-I saw Hope and his c-company in the company of Mother Kind walking out of the Pottage cottage, Mother Kind bidding them f-farewell.”

“Enough!” Mother Witch got angry. “Are you sure of what you’re saying?”

“I’m sure!” he responded nervously.

“It’s a l-lie!” Mother Witch jittered, not believing that they survived the poisonous meal he had doled out to them. “Torture him, Giant Fear!” The giant was glad. He pulled Rumour up by the neck and yelled a great noise into his ears. Mr. Rumour was filled with horror at the horrifying orifices of Fear’s nostrils. As he let him loose from his grip, the man’s fell and hit his head hard against the floor. Blood poured!

Fear turned to Mother Witch and with a gravelly voice, he said, “Mammy, don’t believe this man’s cockamamy. I’d rather suggest that you bring the co*ck of mock here, whose crows could torture suture joints.” Sadly, Mother Witch told him that the gregarious co*ck of mock had been killed and it angered him.

Faintly, Mr. Rumour pleaded, “Please let me go! Please let me go!” The giant laughed and said, “You are not going anywhere!” He punched his face and his forehead swelled. “Because if I leave you, you will go about spreading this same rumour.”

“I promise I won’t!” Rumour was weeping but it was too late for him. Factually, if Mr. Rumour was let loose even now, he would still go about spreading rumour, no matter what you do to stop him, because he was a rumour addict.

Mother Witch asked Giant Fear to keep him still and asked the Bads to go and find out the truth of the matter. They skittered away and Stubbornness limped after them. However, Mother Witch was going to test the remainder of the bread and coffee on Mr. Rumour. She set a table before the man to his shock.

“Eat and drink and be merry!” Mother Witch declared. Mr. Rumour pounced on the food and drank the coffee satisfactorily. Hardly had he done this when he began to feel terribly sick, coughing. His stomach ached and he felt his intestines cutting away. The man soon slumped and fell with foams mingled with blood gushing out of his broad mouth.

“It worked!” Mother Witch was shocked. “Therefore he was lying. Good for him; he’s lying dead now.” Mother Witch ordered Giant Fear to bear his corpse away into the bush and the gigantic man gently obeyed. He took him far into the bush and dumped him there. Before he could get back to the Hurt, the Bads had returned to say they’d found Mr. Rumour’s story true.

“Where is Stubby?” Mrs. Jealousy demanded hastily, having not seen his boy return with the Bads. They replied, “He left us in the hiding and went after them for a challenge. They were beating him silly when we left.” At the news, Mrs. Jealousy almost ran amuck and it was the turn of Madam Pickoffence to mock her.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 21, 2013
Wow, even if they drink rat poison they will not die. GOOD Morning sammy, gud morning every1
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2013
In the meanwhile, after the pilgrims had finished with Stubbornness, they kept moving forward. Suddenly, Giant Faith had his foot on something and there followed a recoil. He bent his back to stare at the thing and found him to be Mr. Rumour. The man coughed blood and began to rise.
“Mr. Rumour!” they screamed his name, for the man was well famed.
“What!” he was shocked. “I thought I was dead!”
“Giant Faith revived your soul,” Doggedness said, smiling gladly.
“Thanks Giant Faith,” the man was glad. “Giant Fear dealt me several blows and injured me severely. Then I was fed by Mother Witch unto death. I was still a little bit conscious when Giant Fear lifted me on his shoulder and cast me here.”
“Do you mean Giant Fear has arrived Happy-Go-Lucky?” the Faiths had their eyes filled with amazement.
“Yes!” the wounded man said. “As I perceive, he’d be getting to Father Sage’s temple to cause havoc and then you’d have to return at the news.”
“You don’t mean it!” their faces widened in dissatisfaction. Immediately, the Faiths had turned back to return to Happy-Go-Lucky but Mr. Knowledge called them back and said, “Remember what Father Sage said. He said, under no circumstance should we return with a Hopefulness that hasn’t crossed the river. He said no looking back!”
“But shall we now open our eyes and see the Sage and Mother Wisdom our mother destroyed?” the Faiths retorted and Doggedness supported but Hope came in now, silently:
“Mother Wisdom has predicted the arrival of Fear already some months back, and then she assured that the good Go-Luckers would be safe with her in Father Sage’s temple while the bad ones would be severely punished by the giant.”
“It’s true!” the Faiths, the Goods and Doggedness exclaimed. “I heard her too that day!” they exclaimed concurrently.
“Thanks for saving my life,” Mr. Rumour was glad.
“Won’t you come with us?” they asked. “You know Giant Fear is on rampage.”
“I will return,” said Mr. Rumour gladly. “Remember, I’m already addicted to spreading rumour. Now I shall hasten to the temple too, to get your welfare known unto Father Sage and Mother Wisdom.”
“But don’t you dare tell it with exaggerations,” the Faiths warned and as he ran he chanted “I shan’t!” his voice being made to sound like the voices of hundreds by the echoes coming from the surrounding hills.
Mr. Rumour rushed to the town hastily to rumour Giant Fear’s arrival. He screamed, “O you all in Happy-Go-Lucky! Giant Fear has arrived and would soon begin destroying us all, according to Mother Wisdom’s prediction!” Before long, many souls had gathered round Mr. Rumour to hear his sudden pronouncement. As usual with the fools in the Fools’ School of Thought and the slanderers in the Slander School of Thought, they trooped out with their assorted Foods for Thoughts such as the Corns of Scorns, which they chewed and spewed on Mr. Rumour whom they eschewed greatly, having found most of his news incorrect. Mr. Nonsense took the centre-stage as he came close to Mr. Rumour, pulled toughly at his plump cheeks and yelled, “You are a liar Rumour! It’s a conspiracy between you and Mother Wisdom to make us fear that Fear has come so we could rush to the temple of Father Sage with our beliefs and return with his own dogma. Did not Wisdom say that Fear would come to us with his sons Anguish and Distress?”
“Exactly!” Mr. Rumour responded. “They are all around even now.”
“Shut up!” Mr. Slander landed a backhand slap on his cheek. It went red. “Stupid liar! Fear is a castrated being, so how do you expect him to be with sons? He can’t have children, being impotent.”
“You’re right sir,” Mr. Rumour responded, “But you can’t be totally right because anyone could own a child, either biologically or logically; biologically by birth and logically by adoption. Fear had adopted Anguish and Distress.”
At the news of Mr. Rumour, the mob went silent, pondering, but Mr. Nonsense made the scene noisy again when he yelled, “Grab that man! He’s a blatant liar!”
“Yes!” screamed the supporters of Nonsense as they went straight for the man, but some prevented them.
“The story could be true!” Mr. Cheat took side with Rumour who was standing beside him. “Let’s remember that Mr. Rumour’s rumours are not false all the time.”
“Keep shut Mr. Cheat!” Mr. Slander slandered, pointing angrily at him. “This Rumour deserves nothing other than humiliation for this rumour he’s spreading right away, for there’s no element of truth in his speech.”
“You keep shut!” Mr. Cheat barked back and backed up his claims as he added, “When Hope entered this town few months back, was it not from the mouth of this same Rumour we heard it first?”
“But this same man lied earlier that Hope was dead!” Mr. Nonsense barged in.
“Keep your mouth out of this Mr. Nonsense!” Mr. Cheat barked. “You’d better be silent like Mr. Do-Nothing whose school we all know is reputed the best. In fact, we’ll need him to settle this matter for us.”
They were silent at Mr. Cheat’s advice. At last they arrived at a conclusion and began moving towards the Do-Nothing School of Thought to see Mr. Do-nothing, the introvert. The team of Mr. Nonsense held Mr. Rumour tight as they led him along, but he willingly followed suit since himself would need to personally gather relevant information for further use…
Mother Witch’s wrath knew no bound at the Bads’ news. Giant Fear, was extremely angry too. He yelled, “All these happened because of the Go-Luckers’ negligence. If they had posed resistance before now, Hope wouldn’t have escaped. I shall now go into the streets with Distress and Anguish my son, especially to the Average Street, and have both lives and property destroyed.”
“Go!” Mother Witch backed him up rashly. “But don’t destroy the Flirts’ flats, for such is Mr. Doubt’s residence, and Dilapidation dwelling place, for Limitation is now one of us. Spare the Castration castle too, for such was your home before; other places you can besiege. Go now Giant Fear and make the Go-Luckers suffer for what they have done.” Immediately, the giant went down into the Chamber of Schism that was made of schist to wake his two sleeping sons for the task.
Mr. Do-Nothing stared bleakly through the open window of his office. He saw multitude getting in through the open gates of his school without being interrogated by the security personnel at the gates, since they (the security personnel) had been trained all days to do nothing. In a moment they had reached his office.
Mr. Nonsense reverenced the man and began to present the issue before him. They had to wait few minutes for his response. At last he spoke:
“Do nothing!”
“What do you mean?” asked the principals and proprietors concurrently.
“Do nothing!” he spoke again.
“Do nothing?” Mr. Cheat repeated, nonplussed. “Old man, do you mean we shouldn’t do anything about this matter?” This time, instead of a verbal reply, Mr. Do-nothing nodded in affirmation, throwing the multitude into confusion. Mr. Nonsense was the first to gather himself together. He yelled, “Mr. Do-nothing must be right! If he has told us to do nothing, then Mr. Rumour must be wrong. If indeed Fear is around, then we would have to do something, but since he’s nowhere to be found...”
“Enough!” Mr. Cheat screamed. “Mr. Nonsense you’re stupid. How sure are you that Fear is not in this town already? I shall now leave these premises with my students and followers to stay secure in my duplex, the Duplicity Duplex!”
“Go away!” Mr. Slander screamed at him. Without further ado Mr. Cheat began to leave the Do-nothing with his entourage and with a few fearful ones, but Mr. Simpleton of the Simpleminded School of Thought was left in a state of vacillation with his students, not knowing whether to remain doing nothing in Do-nothing or to follow Mr. Cheat to his place.
“Come with us you Simpleminders!” Mr. Cheat beckoned on them at last and they followed him unwillingly like silly billy goats dilly-dallying down a busy hilly road as though they were being led to the slaughterhouse.
Hardly had Mr. Cheat’s company departed when Mr. Slander said, “Mr. Rumour must be tortured severely for telling such great lie. Bring him forward now for his retribution.”
Silence followed.
“Where is Rumour!” the man screamed irately but silence persisted. Before long, it had dawned on them all that Rumour had escaped.
“How did he escape?” they asked themselves. Just then they sighted him rushing in again and screaming, “Giant Fear has begun his rampage! He’s now very close to here!”
“Grab him!” Mr. Nonsense yelled, but before anyone could reach him he had fled.
No one heeded the rumour of Mr. Rumour. Instead, they moved into the Do-nothing classrooms to join the idle students in there.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2013
Damex333: Wow, even if they drink rat poison they will not die. GOOD Morning sammy, gud morning every1

U don come abi? I saw Ur testimony o. congrats...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sammy,m0re please....i want m0re. grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Leebliss13: Sammy,m0re please....i want m0re. grin

I'll give u more than more after recharging my ba3. For now it's low.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by numbered(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice story,give us more.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
numbered: Nice story,give us more.
Welcome on board Numbered. check out for d next post.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dedicated to Numbered and Leebliss13 who needed more, just like Oliver Twist...

The destruction of lives and property began. Giant Fear went in one direction alone while Mr. Oppressor led Anguish and Distress to other directions. The latter found Rumour announcing their arrival publicly and chased him fiercely. They had to leave the chase when they realized how impossible it would be to catch up with him; Rumour being the swiftest living being in Happy-Go-Lucky. He had won the fastest runner in Happy-Go-Lucky for decade. Mr. Herald his forerunner, who was also his runner-up in the races, testified publicly that Rumour spreads faster than fire, someone who had caught life swifts on several occasions, having darted swifter than the fiery darts of Mr. Fierce in those days to catch up with the swifts and catch them alive.
However, Mr. Oppressor and his company caught up with many Go-Luckers and had them severely injured. The whole of Happy-Go-Lucky soon began teeming with souls who were running haphazardly for their hazarded lives. Many thought they would be safe in the Dungalow bungalow and in the Duplicity duplex so they fled there, but only few thought it good to seek refuge in the temple of Father Sage.
“Help!” everyone cried but no one was available to lend a helping hand.
Fear soon gripped those hiding in the Do-nothing School of Thought and then nobody taught them to do something, for they fled, including the proprietors and principals of all the schools of thought who had been there earlier. Only Mr. Do-nothing and his students remained and most of them had the bitterest story of their lives to tell. No one taught the fleeing ones to rush to Father Sage’s temple to seek Wisdom, but she had shut the door after them immediately after Mr. Rumour had entered. They were left stranded at the strong gate of the temple, pulling out the strands of their hairs uneasily in fright. They had to do with Mother Wisdom’s mocking laughter alone.
“Oh! Wisdom, open this door to us!” screamed the proprietors, principals and everyone at the gate in trepidation.
“Who are you?” came up the relaxed voice of Wisdom from the temple.
“We are the proprietors and principals of the schools of thoughts in Happy-Go-Lucky,” they replied expectantly, but Wisdom mocked and said, “Raise your voices, I can’t hear you well!” They had to reiterate their introduction over and over again to no avail. At last, Wisdom said, “I’m sorry I can’t open this door to strangers. I only open my doors to my brothers and sisters.”
“We are your brothers and sisters!” they chorused on the top of their voices.
Wisdom raised her voice and laughed. “My brothers and sisters are those that hear my instructions and heed them. Anyway, my brothers and sisters are here with me already—Mr. and Mrs. Peacemaker, Mrs. Godliness and Mr. Contentment her husband together with Great Gain their only son; Mr. Accord, old Miss Endurance and Peace her adopted child, Miss Love, Virtue’s sister, Mr. Hospitality the physician and his children, as well as Mr. Rumour whose timely warning you have refused to heed. Fidelity is here too, but her husband is nowhere to be found...”
“I’m out here!” cried Mr. Infidelity eagerly. “I’m seriously injured here, mother, bleeding. Please let me just come in there to see Mr. Hospitality so that he could have me treated.” At the repetition of his petition, Mr. Hospitality replied, “I’m sorry, but the door is locked.”
“At least teach us, even from there, the wisdom we shall use to get rid of Giant Fear!” Mr. Slander voiced out but Wisdom responded jokingly, “Go on and slander Fear, then we shall see how he would be emotionally hurt.”
“Mother Wisdom, you’re not kind like Father Sage,” Mr. Nonsense vituperated. “Please tell Father Sage that we would speak to him.”
“But he’s far gone into sleep now, snoring sweetly like a baby, his pillows below his hoary head, resting from the big blow of the massive billows which bellowed this morning. The man is old, so let him be.”
The conversation was terminated abruptly when Fear arrived. They fluttered different directions but some of them were unlucky as Fear’s huge hands got hold of them. Mr. Slander fell while running and broke his incisors while Mr. Nonsense fractured his right leg after leaping down a big rock. Slander jnr. was not spared too, being kicked on the stomach, while Badmouth and Loudmouth were being swirled in the air by the giant, who had them on both his right and left hands. They landed in a grim wide pit in the Dungalow bungalow, which was filled to the brim with human dung.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” laughed giant Fear who had left no stone upon the other while destroying the schools of thought earlier. He had even besieged the Duplicity duplex where many people had been to seek refuge after paying Mr. Cheat the sum of money they had on them. The Dungalow bungalow had been destroyed too, as well as the Abandoned abode, leaving Waste and Drunkward severely injured, but Revenge wasn’t in town then, having gone on errand to a nearby town.
Giant Fear was about pulling the temple gate apart when Badwill rushed to him and said, “Fear, it’s enough! Mother Witch sent me to you that it’s high time you left the destruction to leave this town to catch up with Hope.”
“Hey, give me a second little boy,” Fear said. “Let me destroy this—”
“Mother Witch warned that a second delay should not be given a second thought, because Hope would soon get into the Island of Greatness.” On hearing this, the giant lifted Badwill off the ground and laid him upon his shoulders. Then he began to dash away.
Badwish had also reached Mr. Oppressor, Anguish and Distress, who were standing before the Innocency inn in readiness to pull it down. They had no choice than to leave the Innocency inn untouched for the urgency of the task.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
M0re..grin and i sugest y0u add an0ther str0ng character either g00d 0r bad.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by fateemah88(f): 3:55am On Oct 22, 2013
Dedicated to Fateemah88, for posting something on this thread for the 1st tyme
story continuation......
A boisterous thunder tore the sky but the Faiths bolstered the pilgrims to move on. A whirlwind dealt a blow to the bald head of Mr. Knowledge by blowing his hat away, but the man was grateful that it wasn’t his heart that was blown away. The wrinkles suddenly cleared off the face of the sky—it was raining. The rain poured down heavily such that they had to rush under the little shed in the outskirt of the town, the Pottage cottage it was called, owned by Mother Kind the wife of Mr. Peacemaker, where she always entertained strangers. They stayed underneath the shed and Mother Kind approached them with kind gesture, having her small puppy lying close to her feet. She wore a long brown anorak and had the hood on its top as a covering for her hair and for her shamefaced face partially as she was wont doing, as well as a wide cylindrical hat sitting on top of the hood. She asked Mr. Knowledge to put out the light, for in there was not very dark. The man obeyed immediately. She poured them hot coffee to drink and made them warm, and she didn’t spare the loaves of dry bread too, telling them to chew them all. Her dog only lay close to lick the crumbs off the floor.
After they had taken much tea and had fed on the bread she had with her, she asked their permission to get few sticks for firewood in the wood close by, so she could make them proper meal, a well garnished dish of pottage, and they permitted in ecstasy. By then the sun had appeared again and the cloud had cleared. They waited long for her arrival but she didn’t show up. Then their thoughts dilated and they were not sure if they should leave or stay, since the time was far spent already.
“And we don’t have the Scale of Preference here,” Mr. Knowledge lamented. Just when they had risen to leave the tent, being the tenth hour of the day, they found her, but with no firewood.
“Don’t you know us anymore?” they voiced out, being shocked at her confessions but she appeared more shocked than the shocked ones. Promptly, she asked again, “Who are you? What are you doing in my tent this early?”
“Then you said you’d be departing to the wood close by to fetch some firewood,” said the Goods and Doggedness.
“We are the friends of Father Sage treading this path to get to the River of Achievement when we stopped by to...” Hope was interrupted.
“So—you are here?” the woman revealed, straining her aged eyes to stare at them. Now she could recognise them. “But I have not been here today. The rain delayed me and I had to tarry for the rain to stop. I didn’t even bring my puppy along now, for the cold could do much harm to it. How come you said I did all these?”
“But—” they could not speak. They showed her the purple puppy now lying lifeless, foaming in the mouth.
Mother Kind grinned and coughed as she said, “Surely, this is the handiwork of an enemy. It is definitely Mother Witch, for she had done similar deeds in the past. She has definitely poisoned the bread and coffee you took. That is why this puppy belonging to her has died.”
“What!” the shocking revelation made them perplexed and then Doggedness asked, “How come we didn’t die while the puppy did?”
“Have you forgotten?” Mr. Knowledge faced the boy. “If you drink any deadly thing unintentionally, it shall not hurt you.”
They thanked the woman for her revelation and promised to be more careful another time as they walked away in haste…
wow ol dis 4 me thanks alot sammy
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2013
fateemah88: Dedicated to Fateemah88, for posting something on this thread for the 1st tyme
story continuation......
wow ol dis 4 me thanks alot sammy
Ko tope o...how is lyf with you?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2013
Leebliss13: M0re..grin and i sugest y0u add an0ther str0ng character either g00d 0r bad.
More characters? okay o...I don hear you sha...but dat 1 go dey possible inside season 2...let's go there.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2013
Story Continuation...

Mr. Oppressor clothed Giant Fear with the Coat of Arms, which had been stocked with the Fiery Darts as they were set to depart with Doubt. When Mr. Oppressor asked Doubt, “Won’t you need some weapons too?” the man replied, “The weapons of my warfare are not carnal.”
“Are you serious about this?” said Mr. Oppressor shockingly. “That’s what Father Sage always teaches. So what’s your weapon?” he asked further.
“My tongue is my weapon,” said Doubt. “And Vice is my device,” he added.
“Vice?” Mr. Oppressor was embarrassed a bit. “Doubt, I hope you know that this task is an all-men affair, not even for boys let alone girls; that’s why we are not involving Anguish, Distress and the Bads. So what role is she going to play in this, or is she just going to be a makeweight?”
“You’ll get to know by and by,” Doubt replied.
Doubt took Vice along as they followed Giant Fear from behind. The Giant ordered them to pitch a tent somewhere in the bush while himself began to move farther away from them to get ahead of Hope and his colleagues. Giant Fear had no difficulty in reaching the Cave of Aves before Hope’s company could do, since he knew the routes better than anyone, having been there many times to capture the pilgrims who were searching the way.
Without delaying, the giant annihilated the cave, and the birds in it (including the golden olden bird) flew away very fast. Satisfied, he began to search for the Snare of the Fowler and soon found it. He pulled it out easily and placed it on another path, having picked the legs he found close to it, with the intent of using them for some unknown purposes. It wasn’t long at all before Giant Fear began to make footprints with the legs, making them lead towards the direction of the River of Haste, himself had to stand on broken rocks and boulders while applying pressure on those dead legs to avoid creating impressions with his own wide feet too. On reaching the river, he made a signpost and wrote on it: The River of Achievement.
Giant Fear had also uprooted many rocks and outcrops and had pushed them farther away, just as he had done to the boulders too, planting them into the soils on the spots of his choice. All these he had done to deface the topography of the route leading to the River of Achievement so he could mislead Hope’s company and make them unable to use their experiences to get the way.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” the giant laughed with deep satisfaction. “I tear paths apart!”
Doubt and Mr. Oppressor had finished making the tent. He ordered Vice to stay underneath and Mr. Oppressor he ordered to hide in the bush and lie in ambush for Hope’s people. Vice had spread her Blanket of the Perishing under the tent and had awkwardly lain on it. She had on her the raiment of harlotry for the intent of seducing Hope and his colleagues.
Giant Fear soon returned with gigantic smiles.
“How did it go?” asked Doubt eagerly.
“Great!” The giant smiled broadly and said excitedly, “I have torn the paths apart. I’ve made one path to lead this way.”
“That’s good!” replied Doubt. “Things are working well here too. As you can see over here, Vice is ready. Mr. Oppressor is hiding behind the thicket over there. Our plan, as you know, is to lure some of them here, and if the Faiths would go apart then the job is done.”
“Yeah, they’ll stand in unity but would fall if divided,” Fear concluded.
Hope and the Goods were confused when they could not find the Cave of Aves on the path where it was situated. They could not even find a trace.
“But the cave was here four years back!” cried the Goods. “Remember, the golden olden bird led the way from the cave that day.”
“You’re right,” Hope corroborated his speech. “Here’s where I found the cave that day before I turned back to discover that Vulne had made you slip into sleep behind me.”
As they pondered on, they discovered two paths with footprints on them, one to the right and the other to the left, so they said, “Let’s divide in two and go this way and that way,” but Mr. Knowledge said “Wait a minute!” and stooped before the footprints close to the cloverleaf and began feeling them with his palms.
“Hmm!” he sighed as he took some soil samples around the prints and brought them close to his face. He crouched before the footprints with deep interest as he observed how deep into the soil they were.
Suddenly he yelled, “Impossible!”
“What is impossible?” asked the Faiths with great concern, for they would not admit that anything was impossible, having learnt from Father Sage that nothing shall be impossible with Father Creator. Mr. Knowledge glanced at them and said, “I mean it’s impossible for these impressions to have gone this deep into the soil. I guess someone forced them in.”
“How?” demanded everyone.
“Considering the dimensions of these prints, they are average in size—perhaps belonging to some teenagers who had passed through here afore, but what amazes me is the depth they had assumed. No matter how robust they are, they shouldn’t go this deep into the earth.” He turned to Hope and said, “Do you understand me?”
“Quite well!” quipped Hope. “But I’m thinking maybe it was raining when they passed here, and therefore the earth was soft, paving way for their feet to go in further.”
“That’s good thinking Hope,” commended Mr. Knowledge, “But Mr. Experience had told me, from experience, the depth extent of the deepest footprints ever experienced here, having traversed these paths over and over again those days before Despair lured him away permanently. They were recorded in the rainy days just as Hope said, but their depths in the soil are far too small compared to these ones we now see. Besides, these footprints are fresh ones, looking as if the owners had just barely passed through here. I guess there are forces, external forces, responsible for these.”
As they stood still in anxiety, fear began to set in. Just then, some fiery darts came pouring down on them from nowhere, but the Faiths astutely warded them all off with their shields of Faith. Again, Mr. Knowledge said meditatively, “The speeds assumed by these darts are too great!”
“You’re right!” said Dwarf Faith. “It’s definitely the handiwork of Mr. Oppressor whose biceps are covered in veins.”
“I don’t think so,” opposed Mr. Knowledge.
“Then who?” Doggedness was eager to know.
“It’s the handiwork of a giant. These darts are too fast to have been thrown by Mr. Oppressor. They’re definitely the throws of a giant, considering the parabolic path they assumed while in motion in the air, and the maximum height as well as the range—they’re not from close range I’m sure.”
“So, who’s this giant?” they asked him. “The powerful giants in the Castration castle are by now tending their wounds—I mean Bondage and Captivity,” Moderate Faith added.
Meditatively, Hope said, “I think I know. It’s definitely Giant Fear. I was lucky to be close to Mother Wisdom my sister when she was announcing that Fear would come visiting. And now Mr. Rumour has confirmed his arrival.”
In amazement, the Goods, together with Doggedness, asked, “Mother Wisdom is your sister?” but Mr. Knowledge was prompt in replying, “You can’t understand. It’s a mystery.”
More darts flew their direction, making Doggedness and the Goods to jitter—even Hope too. Just then, Mr. Knowledge declared, “Giant Fear must be responsible for these footprints too. Perhaps he used the legs he found on the Snare of the Fowler to make these prints by pushing them into the soil, but he had done this too hard. His strength has now turned to his weakness, having given him away now.” At the confirmation by Mr. Knowledge, the tintinnabulation of fear in the thin teens heightened. Giant Faith noticed this astutely and said, “Do not panic! Do not fear! I shall now tread this path with Mr. Knowledge to seek and capture Giant Fear. My brothers shall keep watch over you here.”
From the surface of the etched flat iron, Mr. Knowledge checked painstakingly to be sure that the path they would take was not the same path where the Snare of the Fowler was laid. The two had not walked long miles when Mr. Knowledge stepped his legs into the Snare of the Fowler, being ignorant of the fact that Fear had changed its location. He cried for help and Giant Faith was close by to help him. Outrageously, Faith pulled the snare out of the ground and cautiously removed Mr. Knowledge’s bleeding legs from it. Then he began to damage the snare, throwing its pieces away. However, Mr. Knowledge raised his voice in agony and said, “Don’t throw them away. I’ll need its components in my school museum.” Faith listened and threw the pieces in the man’s bag. Then he applied the Balm of Faith (also known as the Balm of Calm) to Mr. Knowledge’s bruised legs and tied them up with bandages. Then he hobbled after the giant. Just then, they heard a rustling sound behind them…
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
In the meanwhile, Fear had heard Mr. Knowledge’s cry of agony and was glad, knowing quite well that Giant Faith should immediately be preoccupied with his treatment. Immediately, Fear had reached Mr. Doubt and said, “Doubt, get to work now. I’ve just heard Mr. Knowledge’s cry of agony, meaning he is stuck in the snare. I’ll throw many darts in that direction now to strike him down, or perhaps to divert the attention of Giant Faith while you meet the rest at the cloverleaf.”
Mr. Doubt took Vice along, and before long they’d met with the company of Hope. Doubt smiled at them and said, as though amiably, “Hey! Hope my boy, you’re here! Come over, I’ll show you the way.”
“It’s a lie!” Hope was prompt to answer. “You want to lure me with your alluring speeches, huh?”
“Not so, Hope,” Mr. Doubt put up a seeming-to-be-genuine face. “Remember not to doubt Doubt your uncle. Come with me.”
“No!” Hope yelled. “I’ve disowned you, therefore you are not my uncle anymore.” Hope turned around so as to order the Faiths against Doubt but the sight he saw gave him the greatest shock of his life; at the sight of Doubt, the wavering Faiths had fallen wanly to the earth like a pack of cards. The teenagers were scared. They were still vacillating when Vice approached. She was rangy. She minced with her long legs and jingled her bangles as she walked stylishly towards them. She held her overlong pigtail tight with her hands and pulled it backward. She then made a suspicious smile to make her artificial beauty conspicuous. She had much semblance with Seekbeauty regarding her heinous outlandish outfits, which were decorated all over with brooches, her close-fitting skimpy dress being perforated at the centre to reveal the hollow umbilicus on her stomach. Her dressing clearly revealed her sylphlike anatomy. Her long tinted eyelashes, her glistening painted lips and the natural semicircular traceries on her neck caught the attention of the followers of Hope. The necklaces on her neck were as elongated as the chain of a sprocket wheel, and her earrings, which were as wide as the bangles on her wrists clearly spelt out the level of her sybaritic lifestyle. The golden barrettes glistened, which were cleaving to her blonde hair. And then, majestically, she pulled at the zipper of her vanity case and began to fix more make-ups on her lissom body again, staring into a round mirror that was made fascinating with golden edgings to get them done. She glided the tip of her eyebrow pencil over her eyebrow. Then she waved her lipstick over her lips and smacked noisily. Then she advanced with aura of pride.
Audibly, she spoke with her usual dulcet tone without taking her face off the mirror. “Why do you doubt Doubts, o you with little Faiths?” She smacked her lips which she had just painted red and said, “Come with me to my tent this tenth day of this tenth month to have some rest. I shall nourish you with my rich milk instead of water and make you rest on me. With honey will I satisfy you, which you will lick from my honeycomb while I make you comb my long hair as I call you Honey. Then shall you regain your strength again, which was drained by the sun. Come and taste me and see that I am sweet and luscious:
My grapes are ripe and a ra*pe is sweet.
My sleeps are sweet and my lips are soft.
So taste my fruit and bear my root.
My skin is smooth my next of kin.
My smiles go broader when I’m down with you my brothers.
So pull my cheeks and be my chicks.
My eyes are pink and can sink a ship.
My nose is long and my hair is blonde.
So rally round me and be my allies.
My ears can hear like the ears of the hare.
My laps are long and are yours to throng.
So fall on me and be my love...

VICE’S BODY-STRUCTURED POEM
Follow me in the way if you may,
To stay all day with me by the bay.
And if you lay by me on the hay,
I’ll make you say my smiles are gay.
And when your eyes shall sight the ray,
You’ll say to me how I made your day.
Then you won’t say nay another day,
When I call again like a noisy jay.
But you’ll look for me everyday,
To pay me back with berry-tay.
So will I bray a pleasant yay,
And together we’ll forever play.

Halfway Vice’s poem, all the boys, save Hope, were carried away, not only by the pleasant voice of Vice they’d heard but also by her seductive streamlined body structure, which her poem was patterned after. They had their mouths watered already to go with her, and as it seemed, nothing would stop them, not even Hope’s warning, who was screaming, “Don’t listen to her! Don’t go with her!” The lead on her lewd misleading eyelids had led them to lust.
Mr. Doubt did not allow Hope’s voice to prevail, for he had immediately gagged his mouth. The four boys followed Vice’s advice by following her path, not considering it something bad to depart from the Faiths who were delivered at once to Mr. Saint by Mother Wisdom his wife. Without hesitating, Doubt began ripping off the garments of the falling Faiths, beginning with their Helmets of Salvation…
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2013
This is fight to finish, pls give us more, to celebrate my testimony wink i didn't even know you saw it. Thanks alot sam

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / The Charismatic Charlie Wade (novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 276
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.