Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37431 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
sammie wts up na...wen we go c lst chapta
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Karev_wite: sammie wts up na...wen we go c lst chapta
probably 2nait or latest 2mao sha...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Leebliss13 has 3points

2. Which one-legged fellow did the Goods come across in the Wood?
Doggedness
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2013

d0ggedness baby
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by gameboy727(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
Present sire
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2013

doggedness
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Answer Present when you hear(see) your names: Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Joseff14, Sambroose, Kentochi, Kenchukscole, Helensharpay, Fateemah88, Leebliss13, T.Ice, Productivity, Cricket, Numbered, etc.
Pls don't také offence if your name is not here_you can also answer present too.
PRESENT
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:10am On Oct 24, 2013
Whao! 9 persons don tok present, remain only 1 pesn...Mcmooney Neva answer anytin yet o. So make im tok im own make I com put d last chapter jare...Good morning house.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Mcmooney: Doggedness

Correct!
Leebliss13 3 points

Mcmooney 3points
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 24, 2013
3. The poem 'I Have a Little Story' on this thread is likely referring to which character?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by helensharpay(f): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Whao! 9 persons don tok present, remain only 1 pesn...Mcmooney Neva answer anytin yet o. So make im tok im own make I com put d last chapter jare...Good morning house.
good morning sammy hoe
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 24, 2013
helensharpay: good morning sammy hoe
Good morning Helensharpay
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe: 3. The poem 'I Have a Little Story' on this thread is likely referring to which character?
Good morning sammy, hope u had a gud nyt rest?
Can i answer dis question?
No need to give me point
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe: 3. The poem 'I Have a Little Story' on this thread is likely referring to which character?
Hope
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
PRESENT
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Michaellegend:
Good morning sammy, hope u had a gud nyt rest?
Can i answer dis question?
No need to give me point
Yes you can, since the people in question are taking too long to answer it.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
Now I, Sammy Hoe, am present on this thread to present the last chapter of the story before all my Presidents who answered 'present' to my call...I hereby dedicate my post to them all for making me glad by following the story authored by my humble self. May God bless you all and propel you all to your various Island of Greatness. Amen!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Yes you can, since the people in question are taking too long to answer it.
Okk
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Seek-beauty
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Now I, Sammy Hoe, am present on this thread to present the last chapter of the story before all my Presidents who answered 'present' to my call...I hereby dedicate my post to them all for making me glad by following the story authored by my humble self. May God bless you all and propel you all to your various Island of Greatness. Amen!
Amen
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mcmooney: Hope
No. It is like you didn't read the poem at all.[quote author=Michaellegend]
Okk
Okk? Is this the answer?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Michaellegend:
Seek-beauty
You be correct guy! So you took your time to read that long boring poem?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Posting last chapter...loading...95/cent ceteris paribus(if network 'airtel' nor do us ojoro)
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
You be correct guy! So you took your time to read that long boring poem?
D poem is nt boring...i'm marvelled with d rythmes...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
Last Chapter of Hope and The Island of Greatness...Dedicated to YOU because you'll soon become very great in life...

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
HOPE IN THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS

It was dusk and the sun had begun to set in the west, yet they hadn’t found the way to the River of Achievement. They were famished, yet they fired on, seeking the way still. Their legs could barely carry them further and their eyes were now heavy for sleep as the woods blew coldness on them. The crickets had begun to screech now and the hope of getting to the Island of Greatness was now bleak since it would soon be dark.
As Limitation had vowed, she met Revenge while he was returning from the nearby town. He was overjoyed at Limitation’s resolution to have him destroy Father Sage’s temple, yet he didn’t forget to ask for his pay.
Happy-Go-Lucky was in chaos—kiosks spoiled, property damaged, houses ruined, lives wasted—all because of Fear. After the incident, some Go-Luckers subjected themselves unto Bondage for the fear of Death (the fear of Giant Fear whom they had nicknamed ‘Death’ a long time ago). Now, the Castration castle had grown in population and the number of eunuchs in there had increased greatly.
Revenge was extremely angered by the sight of the state of the Dungalow bungalow. He became even more furious when he found Waste and Drunkward his siblings severely injured. To make Revenge react quickly, Limitation hastily helped him narrow down his broad line of thought to Father Sage as she said, “It was Mother Wisdom who brought Fear back to Happy-Go-Lucky town. She openly confessed this last month, and today she brought Fear. As you know, Wisdom would not have uttered a thing if Father Sage hadn’t backed her up. In fact, Mother Wisdom is the mouthpiece of Father Sage. Therefore let us now go to the temple together to—”
“Enough!” Revenge brayed in annoyance with a trace of tear. “I shall not only avenge you of your Hope who was taken away from you, but I, Revenge, shall also revenge this vile deed committed against my family, the Hoodlums. Let us depart!”
In the meanwhile, Mr. Rumour was in the temple with Father Sage to let him know the state of Hope and his people. Father Sage was glad to hear that they were all in health. To show his satisfaction at the news of Mr. Rumour, he said, “I’m glad the Faiths have conquered Fear and Doubt as you’ve said, but above all, I’m glad that my wish that they should prosper in soul and body and be in health is coming to pass till now, but they’ll need my prayers still.”
Silence followed.
“Come with me,” said the Sage to Rumour as he held on to his right arm. He led him outside the temple and said, “Rumour, look at this beautiful temple. It has been here long ago but Violence, the forefather of Revenge, sought to destroy it and that he did successfully. When it was built again, its beauty was never near the former, since no one was rich enough to help enrich and embellish it with the precious stones and ornaments of gold. But when Mr. Generous began to enjoy the hidden treasures of darkness, being the exorbitant money he had realised from the sale of his land to Mr. Hedonism, he laid a large portion of the money at my feet, and with it this beautiful temple was made.”
“Mr. Generous must be very good,” said Rumour. “Mr. History my late grandfather had told me much about him.”
“Your grandfather is right,” said Father Sage. “Now, look at this temple closely.”
“Yes, I’m looking at it already,” Mr. Rumour was impatient.
“Have you observed it well—It’s beauty, splendour, colour and the brightness of its silver and its gold?”
“Very well Father, anything about it?”
“On my bed, with my head on my pillows, in my dream, I saw a light. Through the light I heard the voice of Father Creator saying, yet once, it’s a little while, and I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory. The silver is mine and the gold is mine. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than the former and in this place will I give Peace.”
“I can’t understand,” said Mr. Rumour.
“I’m not speaking in dark speeches,” the old man replied. “This temple you see is arguably the most beautiful legal structure in Happy-Go-Lucky town, but the one you shall see very soon shall be far greater and better than this one and in it shall Miss Peace, the adopted daughter of Endurance, get married to Giant Faith.”
“But sir, how is that possible with these threats I overheard Limitation and Revenge posing just few minutes ago? Didn’t you hear me say I heard them say they’ll come here to destroy it soon?”
“Yes, this temple shall be destroyed, but it shall be built again in three days,” Father Sage said, pointing to his own chest.
“I’m confused father,” said Mr. Rumour. “Are you a temple?”
“Yes, I’m the temple of the Spirit of Father Creator. Let’s get in now so I can begin my prayers for Hope’s safe journey all over again. This time, nothing on earth here shall disturb my soul until Hope has successfully entered the Island of Greatness.”
Hardly had they shut the door of the temple when Limitation arrived with Revenge. At Revenge’s several kicks against the door with the clunky Sandals of Vandal, it gave way. They found the man on the altar, having his face on the ground and uttering words lowly as he was wont doing whenever he would pray to Father Creator. His sweats were thick and heavy as he agonized in prayers. Cruelly, Limitation chirped, “Sage! I am Limitation! I’m here with Revenge to revenge your deeds to me and my family. You took Hope away and left me with no hope of setting my eyes on him forever because he’s sure going to get drowned in the river. You are evil, old Sage! At first it was Vulne you wanted to feed to the vultures by lying to him that the ability lies in him to get to the Island of Great Mess, yet you’re aware of Vulne’s weakness—he can’t make it. Behold, I’ve come with Revenge who shall now vandalise all your property, and no one shall stop him, since your Faiths are by now dead in the hands of Fear and Doubt my brother!”
Father Sage remained numb, persisting in his silent prayers and paying no attention to the noisy brayers. His full concentration was on the one he worshipped day and night. His inaction stirred up spurious anger in Limitation who screamed suddenly, “Revenge, get to work now!” Revenge acted immediately, breaking the Vessels of Honour in the temple. He didn’t leave the windowpanes without damage, as well as the doors, which he tore out of their brazen architraves. He hacked down the heavily padded walls with his newly-purchased Mallet of Malevolence and threw the few pews away. He pulled at the pulpit and pulverized it with no sense of pity for the inanimate object. He also axed the polished floor of the temple and tore out all the veils and velvet drapes, yet Father Sage didn’t move a bit. Finally, he brought down the vaulted roof upon Father Sage’s head and began to make away with the money he had found in the treasury of the temple.
Limitation grinned wickedly and left the temple with Revenge, satisfied. No sooner had the two left than Mr. Rumour crawled out of the rubble, injured. He dusted his body and said, “They didn’t know I was in there with Father Sage. Ah! They’ve killed the poor man! I shall now make it known to all in this town.”
The wood was getting dark, yet the way they couldn’t find. Mr. Knowledge had lit his lantern, and through its lights they could see the paths. Suddenly, they discovered that Gooddream was not with them anymore, and immediately the search for him began. When they found him it was very dark already. They had found him deep in sleep beside an anthill. They thought it of no use to keep up with the journey that night, therefore they rested till the day after, and the earth beneath their backs was to them as some soothing mattresses. They had sound sleeps.
In the Hurt huts, Baddream had dreamt of Hope’s death in the woods together with the Faiths and the rest, and the hurters had thrown a party to celebrate it. Their false joy became full when Fear, Doubt and Oppressor arrived the hurt injured, testifying falsely that they had killed Hope and the Faiths and had buried their bodies in the woods.
“It wasn’t an easy task killing them. The ashes of their burnt heads are here and their legs have I wrapped up in this parcel,” said Giant Fear as he presented the goblet of ashes and a wrapped skin with human legs to Mother Witch. She fell for it at once and paid Fear an exorbitant sum of money for his service.”
It was additional joy for Mother Witch when Baddream came again, amidst the party, to announce dreaming of Father Sage’s death in his temple. While they were still standing in doubt, Mr. Rumour jumped into the Hurt huts to declare that Father Sage had died.
“Rumour, it’s amazing you weren’t dead! I doubted Mr. Oppressor when he confessed to me that he saw you alive,” said Mother Witch. “I’ve found your rumours true even now, therefore I believe you. But how did you know that Father Sage is dead?”
“I was with him in the temple, but I alone was alive to tell the story after the incident. I shook him vigorously to pull him out but he couldn’t respond, therefore I had to crawl out of the rubble all alone. Father Sage predicted, just before his death, that the temple shall be built again after three days.”
“Impossible!” she expressed great wrath.
Gladly, Mother Witch had picked up her Trumpet of Imagination and had begun making noise about. “I, Mother Witch, shall now end the anarchy of this town and become the queen of this land, yet I shall have no king over me, but Fear and Doubt shall be by my right and left and Oppressor shall I make my town crier! The standard of the outfit of all damsels shall I make tightfitting, to appear like Vice’s, and Limitation shall be the Mother-in-charge to teach our damsels immorality and damn their souls in the Dam of Damnation, damning the consequences. Godliness, Contentment, Fidelity and the likes shall I send out of this town and Mr. Hospitality shall no more have a place here, for the Hurt huts shall henceforth become the clinic for all, and I, Mother Witch, shall be the chief witchdoctor in there! All you Go-Luckers! my little wrinkled pinkie shall be thicker than the thick Wick of Wickedness and I shall add to the heavy yoke Mr. Wickedness had laded you with. He has chastised you with the black Knout of Blackout, but I shall subject you to Bondage and Captivity, who shall chastise you with scorpions! I AM NOW IN FULL CONTROL!”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
4. What was the name of Idle's friend he met on the pathway of Indifference.

5. In Father Sage's story, who received the sting of death?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Last story update...

Though the cold night seemed longer than normal, it dawned at last and it dawned on them that they had slept on snakes overnight.
“Snakes!” the boys yelled when they noticed it and the snakes beneath them puffed at them to strike them dead, but the Faiths were swift to hold them by their necks. They trampled on them and left them lying dead.
“Why didn’t they strike us in our sleeps?” Doggedness asked in amazement.
“They won’t,” said Mr. Knowledge. “They won’t, because the eyes keeping watch over us neither sleep nor slumber.”
“But they almost did that just now,” Goodwill responded energetically.
“That was because you looked away from the Faiths and concentrated on their fearful sight.”
Since they hadn’t brought any food with them, they began seeking the way in hunger. Mr. Rumour had left the Hurt huts in search of the Faiths so he could get the news of Father Sage’s death into their ears. Mother Witch had laughed him to scorn when he told her he would search for them.
“They are dead!” Mother Witch had told him, showing to him the ashes of their heads and their legs she had kept safe in her dark cupboard.
“Hmm!” Rumour said. “I can’t believe this! I’ll go search them out for you and return with tidings. If I can’t find them, then I’ll return at dusk to confirm that they’re dead.”
“Good!” Mother Witch was glad. Rumour searched and searched but couldn’t find them. At dusk, being made dirty with dust, he returned to make known to Mother Witch that they were nowhere to be found.
“I told you.” She was glad. “Eat and drink and be merry,” she said, setting a sumptuous meal before the man who gobbled it up with relish and gabbled as he gulped it down with the strong Wine of Swine in a goblet.
In the woods, the Goods had wished to see, willed to see and dreamt of seeing Hope in the island, but it was as if their wills, wishes and dreams would not come to fulfillment. All the trees they found on the way were fruitless and the Faiths had uprooted them in annoyance. The hunger in them did much to weaken the strength in their bones and in their souls. Because Mr. Knowledge’s lantern had run out of oil and no moon was in the sky, they abandoned the journey early the second day too. They fell on the earth to get some sleeps till the next day. This time, the earth they fell upon was so hard and coarse that they had to turn and keep turning throughout the night without having good night rests.
“Why’s the earth so hard on our backs today?” Doggedness asked drowsily and then a drowsy reply came from Hope. “Because we aren’t lying on snakes tonight.” They laughed their way into sleep.
Early the next day, Goodwill was the first to notice scorpions pouring out of his cloth. When he yelled “Scorpions!” they almost stung him but the Faiths were quick to help him flick them away with their Fingers of Faith. Then they noticed that they had slept on them overnight. The Faiths trampled on them and they died.
Jokingly, Doggedness said, “We’ve slept on serpents and scorpions and they haven’t hurt us. Guess what we shall be sleeping upon tonight again.”
“Upon a bed in the Island of Greatness,” Hope answered, being full of faith. Immediately, the Goods remembered their chorus and began to say, “My will is to feed on fruit and not on weed anymore...My will is to see Hope get into the River of Achievement and swim across it...How I wish we could catch sight of a tree with fruit upon it this hour... How I wish our strengths could be restored again to us this hour...”
Giant Faith suddenly came forward and asked them all to follow after him. He lifted his head and found a path ahead.
“Let’s follow this path,” he advised confidently and none questioned. Doggedness kept falling, but after each fall he would rise and say, “If I fall I shall rise.” They hadn’t walked long miles along the path Giant Faith was leading them when they spotted a tall tree far ahead. At the sight of the tree, the Goods hissed and said, “We’ve come across many. None was fruitful. This one shall surely not be an exception.”
“It will be an exception,” chorused the Faiths who had seen very far ahead with their sound Eyes of Faiths. “Let’s go there.” When they were close to it, the Goods began to scream happily, “Here’s very familiar!”
“Familiar?” asked the rest.
“Yes,” they replied. “We’ve been here sometimes ago,” they maintained. They soon reached it and discovered it to be a palm tree belaboured with kernels. While Giant Faith was plucking the kernels, the Goods kept surveying the familiar environment to see if they could deduce something useful from it. It was Gooddream who screamed at first, “Brothers! It’s the kernel we buried four years back! Here’s the spot. It has become a tree!”
“Yes! Yes! Yes!” screamed Goodwish. “Then here’s our destination!”
“You’re right my brothers,” Goodwill hollered excitedly. “See, the river is ahead!” Goodwill pointed ahead and they all saw it. The Goods were grateful that they hadn’t eaten the single nut left that day, which was now serving as an indicator and sustenance to them.
“If we’d eaten it four years back, believe me we’d be starving today,” said Gooddream. “And, perhaps there would have been no way of finding the way,” Goodwill also spoke. They ate to their satisfaction and the strength returned, which they had long hankered after.
After the meal, they all climbed up a small hill and sat around a beacon Mr. Knowledge had made. Then they fell into sober reflection. Mr. Knowledge broke the silence after they had stayed long in it:
“If it had not been Father Creator who was on our side…” He paused and looked around. “If it had not been Father Creator who was on our sides, when those men rose against us, they would have overwhelmed us all in anger. Also, the waters in the River of Haste would have overwhelmed us and the streams would have run over our souls, as well as the proud water in there. Blessed be the Creator who hasn’t given us out as prey to the teeth of the Octopus of Trouble in there. We escaped as the birds out of the Snare of the Fowlers. The snare is broken and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Creator who made heaven and earth.”
It was dusk again, but now the full moon had appeared, therefore the way into the river was glaring. As Hope got to the bank of the river, he sighed, “At last!” As he looked to his right he found Moderate Faith, to his left was Dwarf Faith and behind him was Giant Faith. He turned to the hill nearby and found Mr. Knowledge seated, and beside him sat the Goods. He smiled when he turned his head up and found Doggedness upon the tall palm tree they’d just left behind, yet his crutch was left at the foot of the tree.
Gently, he whispered to himself, “If Doggedness could climb the palm tree with only one leg, then why should I fail to scale through this river with my two arms and legs. Doggedness is not disabled, though he has lost a leg, but it’s I who is disabled if I fail to cross this river successfully: The disabled are not those who have lost an eye or a leg or an arm but they are those who have two eyes but can’t see the bright future ahead, have two legs but can’t trek the right paths, have two arms but can’t handle challenges of life,” Hope quoted his own quote. Finally, he raised his head to the sky and moved forward. Then he noticed the moon was following him.
“Even Father Creator’s big eye is following me like a pillar of fire or a sunpillar at night,” he commented. “Thank you Father Creator for this far you’ve brought me.” He was ready to depart.
“Go Hope! Go Hope!! Go Hope!!!” they psyched him up. Hope was goaded on by the sight of the avocets frolicking in the river. “If they could do that, what then should stop me from getting in too?” he motivated himself and got rid of his clothing, leaving only his swimwear.
With no further ado, Hope plunged into the River of Achievement with full force and began swimming into its heart. Since the night was still, he could easily pick up the voice of Mr. Knowledge who was directing him the way in the river:
“Hope, sixty degrees to your right lies a huge ledge!” Mr. Knowledge would scream and Hope would evade it adroitly. “Hope, a rock is ahead of you, keep your head away!”
“Sir, who put those ledges inside there?” asked the Goods.
“Giant Fear,” replied Mr. Knowledge. “The ledges were naturally at the edges of this water body and not inside it. But Giant Fear has cast them there to cause accidents for Hope and for whoever would venture into it in the future.”
Midway the long river, Hope began to recognise ledges by experience and needed Mr. Knowledge to instruct him no more.
The journey was long and energy-demanding, lasting almost through the night but Hope didn’t give up. When he had swum far and out of sight, the Faiths gave the Goods, Doggedness and Mr. Knowledge some lenses called the Lens of Faith and through them they could see Hope vividly in the river.
Through it all, Hope scaled through the River of Achievement and stood upon the first knoll he found in the Island of Greatness. It was a very tall golden knoll in the midst of gigantic fragrant flowers, more gigantic than even the giant rafflesia. The luminous flowers sparkled brilliantly and grew one centimetre taller, reminding Hope that it was his eighteenth birthday. His entourages saw him waving back at them and tears of joy poured down their faces as they waved at him from afar. From the top of the knoll, Hope discovered the tributaries of the River of Achievement and paid tribute to his Creator for thus far he had led him. Mr. Experienced had called them the Tributaries of Tribulations while teaching his students many years back, because, according to him each tributary carried some grievous pains in it. He had described the pains in each rough tributary; the pains in being diligent, determined, disciplined and in having long desires. The tributaries were four, roughly from the four cardinal points, hence forming a near-cross shape. Hope could read the names of the tributary rivers from the signposts placed close to them: from the north came the River of Diligence and from the southeast the River of Determination. The River of Discipline flowed in from the east where the Town of Discipline was situated. Then the River of Desire made the last tributary, coming from the southwest. Hope stared long at the tributaries and discovered that their serpentine meanders were the beauty in them.
“Hmm! Life is not a straight course, but twisted,” he whispered at the sight of the meanders. Then when he found the confluence, he spoke yet more, “Meeting point after meandering.” He had just called to mind how he meandered away from Father Sage for years to later join him again in his cottage.
Two horsemen rode towards him. “WELCOME TO THE HOME OF ALL! WELCOME TO THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS!” they said.
“Which of you is Mr. Goodluck, sirs?” asked Hope curiously. They smiled amiably and replied, “Mr. Goodluck is everywhere in this island. As a matter of fact, Mr. Goodluck is not a human but an abstract term, so you can’t see him, but you can always feel it in the ambience here. Come, mount on a horse and let’s give you a ride to the haven you’ll lodge in tonight.” They arrayed Hope in the Coat of many colours and gave him the Medal of the Achievers.
At the selfsame hour, Father Sage crawled out of the rubble, being the third day he’d stayed beneath as though lifeless. He gazed into the sky and heaved as he whispered to ‘the One not seen’. Then he smiled broadly and sighed as he said “At last! Hope in the Island of Greatness!” Then he began to make for his little cottage called Dotage. Just then, Mr. Rumour found him and was shocked. In a matter of hours, the news that Hope had reached the Island of Greatness had spread and everyone helped to noise it with his Trumpet of Reality.
“HOPE HAS REACHED THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS!!!” Mr. Rumour trumpeted.

THE END OF SEASON 1. Pls post your comments. Season 2 begins November 1 by God's grace.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
...The disabled are not
those who have lost an eye or a leg or an arm but
they are those who have two eyes but can’t see the
bright future ahead, have two legs but can’t trek the right paths, have two arms but can’t handle
challenges of life.(i will never forget dis)
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
sammy hoe, thanks for the completion of season 1 of this wonderful and inspirational movie/novel. You are an inspiration to our generation... Ride on
LAST BOMB:
One day you will win a nobel prize in literature.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by fateemah88(f): 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wow ur story is so cool nd amazin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wow SAMMY you are great, you are wonderful, your work is wonderful, shey ds story don grace d front page b4 he not just tell me, i will endorse it 4 you. Thank you 4 sharing it with us.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe: 4. What was the name of Idle's friend he met on the pathway of Indifference.

5. In Father Sage's story, who received the sting of death?
4. Lukewarm

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / The Charismatic Charlie Wade (novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.