Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (38043 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
This st0ry is making me g0 bannas and mang0s,..l0l..

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2013
Giant Faith had warded off the darts flying their way, but the shooter would not stop shooting. Fear soon appeared after he had thrown the last dart.
“So it’s you!” spoke Giant Faith with confidence.
“Who else could it be?” the giant laughed. “Who else could tear paths apart like this?”
“But you’ve got to know that I can lay a path too,” replied Faith.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Giant Fear made a mocking laughter. “I can tear apart whatever path you’ve laid, Faith, just as I’ve torn this path apart which was laid by Father Creator donkey years ago. What about the Valley called the Light of Life close to your home which I’ve torn apart and turned into the Valley of the Shadow of Death many years back? You’ll also need to ask those in the Pathway of Indifference how I tore their lane apart and named it Forlorn Street where many living dead now lie with their putrefying sores.”
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Giant Faith laughed aloud. “Fear, you’re outdated already, so there is no need for anyone to fear you anymore. Anyway, the good news is this,” Faith said, waving his clumpy right Shoe of Goodnews in the air for Fear to behold.”
“Shoe? What’s that?”
“It’s the Shoe of Goodnews,” said Faith. “Don’t you know that wherever the soles of my shoes shall tread will be given to me by Father Creator? Those you call living dead are now vivacious souls once again by the treads of the soles of my shoes. And the pathway you call Indifference has now become a city—the City of Activity. There’s nothing called Forlorn Street anymore, but what we have now is the Street of Hope. Mind you, the valley you called the Shadow of Death is now made into a dell where worshippers trek through daily, humming the ancient psalms along it—even though I walk through the Valley of The Shadow of Death, I fear no evil. Your intention was to make it dark and inaccessible to worshippers willing to get to Father Sage’s temple.”
“Unbelievable!” Fear was alarmed.
“So—Fear, I can lay again the paths you’ve torn apart.”
“Rubbish!” Fear yelled. “How do I believe you when you haven’t laid any visible path here? Instead, you chose to lead Knowledge through the path I’ve torn apart and then he had his ligaments torn apart by the Snare of the Fowler and had his legs bound with the Bandage of Bondage, my brother’s bandage.”
“Keep quiet Fear!” said Faith. “This path you think you’ve torn apart has now become the path to lead us to your destruction. More so, the ligaments beneath the garment of my friend here are cemented and made calm again by my Balm of Calm. He’ll need to demonstrate this to you.”
At the words of Faith, Mr. Knowledge pulled apart the bandages and walked without limping at all. “Wow!” Knowledge screamed gladly. “They are healed up so quick!”
No more pain. Fear was shocked.
“So...Fear, did you see that?” Faith laughed.
“It’s no big deal, Faith, but you must admit the fact that I, Fear, can make False Expressions Appear Real. It was I who made Happy-Go-Lucky appear dark at my arrival; the dark cloud you saw, the rain, the smoke, the wind, the whirligig, they all appeared to indicate my arrival.”
“It’s false, Fear, and I knew it all the while,” said Giant Faith. “The departure of Faith is what makes things get cloudy and terrifying, not the arrival of Fear. Those things happened at our departure, leaving the Go-Luckers faithless. Similar thing happened many years back when Father Creator’s only son, the author and finisher of the Faiths was murdered. While his faithful soul was departing this unfaithful earth that fateful day, everything went dark and the veil of Mr. Religion’s temple was rented into twain. Even then, the darkness was so thick that none could see an inch ahead. Listen, Fear, if there’s a Faith as tiny as a grain of mustard seed, then false expressions would not appear real.”
“What about the footprints you saw on your way, are they real or not? Aren’t they false? I laid footprints, yet they are not mine,” Fear probed further, but Faith replied, “Mr. Knowledge made it known on time that it was your deed, if not, those false foot-etches would have been real to us.”
“This will knock you out Giant Faith. I wish you could leave for Happy-Go-Lucky now and see for yourself how I tore apart every home, including the temple of Father Sage, killing that old man.”
“Enough of your false testimonies, Giant Fear! Perhaps I’d be believing you if Mr. Rumour hadn’t been here ten minutes ago to make known to us how you weren’t able to touch Father Sage’s temple and cottage before you left the destruction. Not only was Father Sage’s life and home spared, according to Mr. Rumour, but the lives and homes of every good people in Happy-Go-Lucky you left untouched as well. Mr. Contentment’s home was spared as well as Mr. Hospitality’s. No harm came upon the high Court of Justice, just as Mr. Generous’ orphanage remains. Even Mr. Infidelity’s home was left untouched just because his wife was a good soul, and therefore the great altitude of her good attitude had sanctified the home of her husband, ridding it from destruction.”
“Enough!” Fear bawled in annoyance. “Mr. Rumour couldn’t have told you all these. He had died this morning and I’ve dumped his corpse somewhere in the bush. I’ve torn his soul apart and made it go apart from his body.”
“Fear, you are not to be feared because you can only kill the body and not the soul,” Faith confessed. “Mr. Rumour’s soul has been revived by the treads of these shoes. You’ll need Mr. Oppressor and your two adopted sons to tell you the story concerning how they couldn’t catch up with Rumour while chasing him in Happy-Go-Lucky some hours back.”
“Keep shut Faith! I’ll need a proof to believe that Rumour was here and—alive.”
“Simple! Not only was Rumour here, but he’s here even now and alive. For the fear of your sight he had sought my permission to hide behind this birch trunk.” As Fear’s eyes turned that direction, Rumour came out from his shell and stared imperviously at Fear as he stroked his upswept walrus moustache ludicrously.”
“Y-you!” Fear was short of words at the sight of Rumour.
“Yes, it’s me as you can see,” he replied. “I arrived immediately after Mr. Knowledge’s leg was wrapped with the Bandage of Faith and I’m not leaving here until I’ve gotten tangible story to take to Happy-Go-Lucky from here. But I’d prefer the story of your downfall, Fear!”
“Enough!” Fear rushed toward Rumour to bring him down in rage but Faith intercepted and said, “Fear, you’re a coward for trying to bully on Rumour. Why don’t you challenge me instead, so Rumour could have a good story to tell in the Hurt huts?”
“Aargh!” Fear yelled as he hastily attacked Faith. The good Fight of Faith began immediately…
Vice had led the four boys to her tent and had served them milk, which they had drunken to a toast of pleasure. When Doggedness tasted the milk, he hummed, “Hmm! This milk is the best I’ve ever tasted all my life. It’s not bitter like the bitter milk of the Valley of Failure.”
“And this butter is better than the ones I took in the Happy-Go-Lucky town,” Gooddream confessed also while yawning.
“The bliss of this place is pleasurable—perhaps here’s the Island of Greatness,” Goodwish said, licking the honey Vice had just set before them. “How I wish we could set four other tents here—one for me, one for Goodwill, one for Gooddream and another for Doggedy.”
“You’re right brother,” corroborated Goodwill. “And we shall dwell in them forever.”
The Goods didn’t realize they’d walked into a trap until a large net had descended on them from the thicket and caught them like fish. They were shocked to see Mr. Oppressor laughing critically at them as he pulled the net along.
‘Ha! Ha! Ha! You fish will be dead soon!” he mocked. They struggled and wailed in the net but their tears were to no avail..
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Keep bringing it sam...i s00n get y0u a present. grin.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sammy continue pls, don't stop.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Leebliss13: Keep bringing it sam...i s00n get y0u a present. grin.

Pls I need the present very badly o...waiting for it tongue
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mr. Doubt was done with stripping the Faiths off the whole armour of Mr. Saint their father and was standing over them to strike them dead with their selfsame swords—the Swords of Truth. With full force, he raised the sword above his head but when he would bring it down, a weighty momentous matter fell on his head. It was Giant Fear! Giant Faith had overcome him and had thrown him far away, having seen Doubt from afar standing above his brothers and almost striking them dead. Both Doubt and Fear fell flat and fainted, the humongous impact having pole axed them both.

At this sight, Hope’s hope came alive again, but his mouth was still gagged and his feet tied, else he would have helped the weak Faiths to their feet. However, Giant Faith arrived the spot with Knowledge and let him loose. Then he helped his brothers to their feet and they asked, “Increase our Faith!”

When the falling ones began to raise their heads, the giant stepped on them forcefully and they groaned in pain.

“Where are the Goods and their friend?” the giant asked.

Hope replied, “They have followed Vice down that path.”

“What!” he screamed. “Hurry, let’s go rescue them!”

In the net of Mr. Oppressor, Goodwill had willed that Giant Faith would arrive, so also had Goodwish wished, saying, “How I wish Giant Faith would come with the other falling Faiths to tear this net apart and get us out of here.”

“My will is to see Hope brought to us again by the Faiths,” said Goodwill. Shockingly, Gooddream woke from his snappy nap and exclaimed, “I have a good dream!” To their shock, Giant Faith led the rest of the team to the sight. Before Mr. Oppressor could flee, Giant Faith’s bulky arm had reached him. However, Vice fled, yet no one was chasing her. With just two too little fingers of Dwarf Faith, the net was torn apart to get them out. Then Mr. Oppressor was wrapped in one portion of the net after his hands and legs had been tied.

“Thank you Faiths for setting us free,” pronounced the rescued ones but the Faiths replied, “Thank Father Creator instead, who gave them into our hands.”

When the rescued ones asked about Doubt and Fear, Giant Faith replied, “I have wounded them such that they are not able to rise: they have fallen under my feet. They cried but there was none to save them. Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I also cast them out as the dirt in the streets. But it was all by the grace of the Creator who avenged me of my father’s death and subdued the people under me. Therefore I will thank the Creator and eulogize him.”

As they made to continue the journey, they found themselves lost in the woods.

Doggedness thought it good to be at the forefront to search out the right way, having had much experience pertaining to the paths in the bush those days while wandering. The Goods joined him at the front too, having had similar experiences, but their experiences couldn’t help the situation. However, they kept following, believing that sooner or later they would get the way. After covering long miles in the woods, traversing same paths more than once, they reached a sandy area which appeared familiar to the Goods. Just then, Doggedness found a signpost and pointed at it as he exclaimed, “Great!”

“River of Achievement?” they read puzzlingly and went silent after coming close to the river ahead. Only Doggedness was excited at the sight of the river, therefore he asked confusedly, “Why’s every face stony? Isn’t this the River of Achievement?” and Mr. Knowledge replied frustratingly, “It is not.”

“You’re right sir,” Hope seconded. “This river is too short in width to be the River of Achievement. Mr. Experience told me that the width of River Achievement is very great and would take many strokes to go through it”

“You’re right Hope,” supported the Goods. “This river is rough and boisterous but River Achievement is calm, but wide.”

“And in the belly of the River of Haste lies the Octopus of Trouble which we now see with our eyes of Faiths,” chorused the Faiths, but the rest were shocked, having not observed any octopus in the river yet. Before anyone could utter a word further, at a far distance away, they saw three souls jump into the river, but in a matter of seconds they found them struggling with something very large—THE OCTOPUS OF TROUBLE.”

“Here is the FORBIDDEN RIVER OF HASTE!” they hollered, all at once.

Doggedness suggested that the Faiths should get into the water to kill the octopus at once, so that Hope could make it to the Island of Greatness through the River of Haste, but Mr. Knowledge rebuked him and said, “Our Faiths are not moving an inch!”

“But why?” asked Doggedness in bewilderment and the Goods reasoned along with him, but Hope said, “The Octopus of Trouble hasn’t offended us at all. In fact, the octopus is not a bad thing; it’s the river of haste that is bad. That octopus is kept in there to prevent evil people from using the forbidden river to secretly smuggle bad goods into the good Island of Greatness, especially bad goods like the Powder of Power considered illicit and illegal in the Island of Greatness. This powder, they say, could make a rational human being lose his sense of humanity and misbehave to the point of killing innocent souls without pity.”

“How did you know all these?” Doggedness was amazed.

“I read them in Mr. Knowledge’s library.”

Mr. Knowledge nodded with delight and advanced to throw more light on the issue as he said, “It’s not all. The only legal route to the Island of Greatness is the River of Achievement, yet many seek to get there through this shortcut. Therefore the octopus is here to prevent them. Only those who get to the Island of Greatness by Achievement will receive a warm welcome. So, the best thing to do is not to find a way of killing the Octopus of Trouble but to find a way of letting people know that this is not a way.”

“But I’m still very much confused,” said one of the Goods. “Last five years when we reached this spot with Alacrity, this signpost was having the FORBIDDEN RIVER OF HASTE on it, but now what we have is the RIVER OF ACHIEVEMENT.”

Mr. Knowledge laughed and said, “An enemy has done this.” He drew close to the signpost and stared at it for some seconds, and then he said, “Who can guess what has happened?” No one gave a reply. “This is the handwriting of Fear. I’ve collected a lot of his scripts to keep them in my museum, but I made sure none of my students read them without Giant Faith standing by. Indeed, this signpost is to mislead us.” Giant Faith pulled it out and erased the handwriting of Fear with his right thumb. Then Mr. Knowledge carefully wrote on it, THE FORBIDDEN RIVER OF HASTE. Giant Faith dug the earth quickly and fixed it back firmly. Then they turned their backs against the river and departed.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
hmmmmm...wat next
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Karev_wite: hmmmmm...wat next
Na so I dey ask sef o!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Productivity you must comment o, so that sammy can dedicate a post 4 you 2nite. Nice one am happy they discovered d octopus fast
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Like Nollywood movies... the end...to be continued...WATCH OUT FOR THE PART TWO NEXT YEAR. I don try nah! grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Like Nollywood movies... the end...to be continued...WATCH OUT FOR THE PART TWO NEXT YEAR. I don try nah! grin
e be like say y0u wan cry abi?...c0me update f0r us bef0re i call giant faith f0r y0u grin. BE WARNED:-)
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Leebliss13: e be like say y0u wan cry abi?...c0me update f0r us bef0re i call giant faith f0r y0u grin. BE WARNED:-)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, na Giant Faith imsef tell me say make I do like that. So make I see who you go go call again nah! Giant Fear abi? No shaking once I have Giant Faith with me. Once again, hahahahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2013
Good morning friends. How was your night? Mine was cold and sweet. I really appreciate you all for viewing and commenting on this story, and as a token of my appreciation, I shall be throwing out five #100 recharge cards for five people. First three cards go to the three most active participants: Karev_wite, Damex333 and Michaellegend(I know d recharge cards are not enough to replenish ur time and d mbs u have expended on viewing this thread). The remaining two persons would be chosen by emerging the first and second in the question game about this story Hope and the Island of Greatness.
The question game commences immediately.
NB: the aforementioned names may not participate.

Rule of the game: quote the questions to give your answers.

Let's begin immediately...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2013
Twenty questions in all...
1. What is the name of Hope's town?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2013
The season 1 of this story is almost coming to an end and I shall be needing ten names of nairalanders to dedicate the Season 2 to in my dedication page.
To get the ten people I shall call the attendance of active participants on this thread so far and they'll comment 'PRESENT'. I shall then write their names in order of their responses.

NB: this story has just a chapter left, which I shall post immediately after getting ten people to comment 'PRESENT'

Let's begin!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by numbered(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2013
PRESENT
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 23, 2013
I thought you wanted to stop there, i would have called a army that includes Father Sage, Mother Wisdom, Mr. Knowledge, Mr. Experience, Mrs. Understanding, i will even bring Mr. Saint body up from d grave and ask i bread of life from Father Creator and ask him to come with his Son. Lets see who will win then. tongue grin tongue
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Answer Present when you hear(see) your names: Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Joseff14, Sambroose, Kentochi, Kenchukscole, Helensharpay, Fateemah88, Leebliss13, T.Ice, Productivity, Cricket, Numbered, etc.
Pls don't také offence if your name is not here_you can also answer present too.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2013
Damex333: I thought you wanted to stop there, i would have called a army that includes Father Sage, Mother Wisdom, Mr. Knowledge, Mr. Experience, Mrs. Understanding, i will even bring Mr. Saint body up from d grave and ask i bread of life from Father Creator and ask him to come with his Son. Lets see who will win then. tongue grin tongue
All of them join support me say make I do wetin I do nah!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Answer Present when you hear(see) your names: Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Joseff14, Sambroose, Kentochi, Kenchukscole, Helensharpay, Fateemah88, Leebliss13, T.Ice, Productivity, Cricket, Numbered, etc.
Pls don't také offence if your name is not here_you can also answer present too.
present!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Twenty questions in all...
happy~go~lucky town
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: The season 1 of this story is almost coming to an end and I shall be needing ten names of nairalanders to dedicate the Season 2 to in my dedication page.
To get the ten people I shall call the attendance of active participants on this thread so far and they'll comment 'PRESENT'. I shall then write their names in order of their responses.

NB: this story has just a chapter left, which I shall post immediately after getting ten people to comment 'PRESENT'

Let's begin!
present,
happy~go~lucky town!..
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Karev_wite: happy~go~lucky town
br0s,y0u are n0t all0wed to play :p
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Answer Present when you hear(see) your names: Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Joseff14, Sambroose, Kentochi, Kenchukscole, Helensharpay, Fateemah88, Leebliss13, T.Ice, Productivity, Cricket, Numbered, etc.
present
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
PRESENT
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by fateemah88(f): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Answer Present when you hear(see) your names: Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend, Gameboy727, Joseff14, Sambroose, Kentochi, Kenchukscole, Helensharpay, Fateemah88, Leebliss13, T.Ice, Productivity, Cricket, Numbered, etc.
Present
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Happy Go Lucky Town
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Happy Go Lucky by Leebliss13 is correct
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Leebliss13: present,happy~go~lucky town!..
Correct!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Leebliss13 has 3points

2. Which one-legged fellow did the Goods come across in the Wood?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
numbered: PRESENT
Congrats! You make the list!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
Leebliss13: br0s,y0u are n0t all0wed to play :p
lol...ar js dai freestyle as una no gri ansa sammie

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

All That Glitters Are Not Gold / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.