Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37400 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 3
Who gave birth to the triplets called Faiths?
Wisdom
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 3
Who gave birth to the triplets called Faiths?
hehe ds ?'s are kumin late...me wana slip o
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=Karev_wite][/quote]
He seconded the first question u got right
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
He seconded the first question u got right
ok...undastud
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
we'll continue 2mao By God's Grace

For today
Karev wite 6pts
Damex333 4pts
Mlegend 1pt(for seconding d 3rd question)

Enjoy Ur sleep every
Gudnite!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Michaellegend:
Wisdom
Karev got it first!
1pt for U
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sammy Hoe: we'll continue 2mao By God's Grace

For today
Karev wite 6pts
Damex333 4pts
Mlegend 1pt(for seconding d 3rd question)

Enjoy Ur sleep every
Gudnite!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
gud nite house
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 16, 2013
Gud nyt peeps
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Question 4
Who led Alacrity to the River of Haste?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 3:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 4
badmanner
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 4
Badmanner
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: badmanner
Correct! 3 pts for u. 1 pt for Mlegend..
Karev white 9pts
Damex 333 4pts
Legend 2pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2013
Happy Morning to U all!
I hope you all had sound sleeps-nightmare free-we bless God
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2013
***story continuation ***
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2013
“Let’s go,” said the dwarf as he pulled up little Hope.
“It’s a dream, a pipe dream!” Hope gibbered.
“Kid, stop kidding and let’s skid out of here. This is no dream.”
“In reality, it is not possible for a dwarf to conquer the gigantic hurters here,” Hope deduced.
“I am Little Faith, sent by Father Sage to rescue you out of here. I can assure you that with me, Little Faith, all things are possible. I can move mountains. In fact, Hope, I am the substance of the freedom you hope for, and the evidence of the liberty you wish to get.”
“But I’m not hoping for you,” said Hope rudely. “I’d rather hope for Giant Faith to set me free.”
“I’m right by saying I’m the substance of the freedom you hope for,” reaffirmed little Faith with a smile. “I, Dwarf Faith, am a substance of Giant Faith who’s the freedom you hope for.”
“I don’t believe you—” Hope debunked, “Just as I’ll never believe the deceptions of the Attire of Satire anymore. This is a dream!”
“Either you believe it or not, a fact remains factual. Just follow me.”
As Hope limped behind the supposed nimble imp with his injured limbs, he whispered to himself, “This is a dream, and I hope to get out of it soon. This is a dream.” The dwarf heard him.
“Why wishing to get out of a pleasant dream? It’s best for you to remain in it forever than to come out of it and get killed by the hurters. Anyway, you shall soon discover your error.”
“I shan’t—” Hope dropped his words as he noticed Vulnerability jumping out of the rocks to meet them. “This is reality!” Hope screamed surprisingly. Vulnerability gripped Hope and gave him a tight kiss on the neck, leaving his love bite on it. They wept.
“So—you believe it’s reality now?” asked the dwarf, with a smile.
Hope replied, “Yes of course! I’ve got the proof just now.”
“Go on,” the dwarf said, beckoning.
“Right from the day I got to hear of Island of Greatness, I’ve never seen Vulne appear in my dreams. So—seeing Vulne walking up to me now and hugging me confirms that it is not a dream.” Dwarf Faith chuckled and said, “Hope, do you know why you can never see Vulne in your dreams?”
“I want to know,” requested Hope immediately.
“Here is it: anybody who is nursing the ambition of getting to the Island of Greatness is a tough-minded person, just like you, and such person cannot have any element of simplemindedness in his brain. Vulnerability is a bona fide product of the Simpleminded School of Thought, so there is no way your mind would flash back to him in your dreams. According to Father Sage’s quote, the dreams you have on bed at night are the product of the thoughts your School of Thought had taught you to have in your brain in the day.”
Vulnerability got offended with the dwarf’s speech, so he ran ahead of them in annoyance. Hope got confused and ran after his brother. He soon caught up with him.
‘What is the matter, Vulne?”
“The dwarf is belittling me,” whispered Vulnerability in tears. Dwarf Faith responded from behind, “I am not belittling you Vulne. The truth must be said. Get over your Nerves of Naivety and have a strong heart. The fact remains that a simpleminder who keeps the principles of simplemindedness in his mind can never make it to the Island of Greatness because it isn’t a simple task.” The dwarf hugged Vulnerability.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Happy Morning to U all!
I hope you all had sound sleeps-nightmare free-we bless God
ys o...glory be 2 GOD
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2013
Question 5
What is the name of the octopus in the River of Haste?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 5
What is the name of the octopus in the River of Haste?
the octopus of trouble
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: the octopus of trouble
Correct!!
You 12pts
Damex 333 4pts
Legend 2pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2013
Question 6
What is the Trumpet of Imagination made with?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2013
Its made of clay
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 6
What is the Trumpet of Imagination made with?
made with clay
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
Damex333: Its made of clay
Correct!
Karev 10pts
You 7pts
Mlegend 2pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2013
Question 7
Who made this statement and to whom?

"I Need no trace of praise from your race to raise the face of my defaced ego"
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 7

father sage made d statement to limitation.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 7

Father sage to limitation
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: father sage made d statement to limitation.
Correct!
You 13pts
Damex 7pts
Mlegend 3pts(seconding)
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2013
sammy plz hw mani ?'s do we ve left 4 2dai
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: sammy plz hw mani ?'s do we ve left 4 2dai
3 questions
It shd be 5 questions per day but for d carryover of ystday questions to today.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
3 questions
It shd be 5 questions per day but for d carryover of ystday questions to today.
alrite
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Question 8
Who is Mr. Experience's uncle?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.