Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37401 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Good morning all. Today is posting day. What i am saying is that I will keep posting the continuation of this story as long as you keep commenting on it. Quote each post I make and say somtin gud or bad about it. Thanks.
Let's get started...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 13, 2013
CHAPTER TWELVE
TIREDNESS IN THE ENTIRE ATTIRE

The hurters revelled to celebrate their conquest of Faith. They lined their mugs with wine and dined on the fine sand adjacent Mother Witch’s vineyard as they watched Hope pine for freedom. Hope could hardly stand upright when he was brought before them earlier. Then, they brought a c*ock along with Hope, to mock him. To prevent little Hope from crashing to the floor, Mr. Oppressor held his right arm tight and kept sight of him, then the tipsy old woman, Mother Witch switched over to his side and began to recite Hope’s discouraging genealogy into his ears to render him invalid.
“Hopefulness, the son of Limitation and Mediocrity,” said Mother Witch. “The grandson of Hindrance and Despair, Inferiority and Austerity,” she continued. “The great grandson of Hamper and Devastation, Weakness and Discouragement, Laziness and Melancholy, Disbelief and Poverty—” Mother Witch ended her recitation when she noticed that Hopefulness had fallen to the earth already, due to the gargantuan gravity of the energy- sapping genealogic pronouncement.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” everyone laughed at the manner the c*ock of mock had intentionally slumped too, to mimic Hope.
“And with this ancestral background, only a fully-filled foolish fool would still be thinking of getting to the Island of Greatness,” Mrs. Jealousy mocked, setting her eyes heatedly on the falling Hope.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2013
still waiting for your comment so I can post more. I can't do all the talkings alone
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Sammy Hoe: CHAPTER TWELVE
TIREDNESS IN THE ENTIRE ATTIRE

The hurters revelled to celebrate their conquest of Faith. They lined their mugs with wine and dined on the fine sand adjacent Mother Witch’s vineyard as they watched Hope pine for freedom. Hope could hardly stand upright when he was brought before them earlier. Then, they brought a c*ock along with Hope, to mock him. To prevent little Hope from crashing to the floor, Mr. Oppressor held his right arm tight and kept sight of him, then the tipsy old woman, Mother Witch switched over to his side and began to recite Hope’s discouraging genealogy into his ears to render him invalid.
“Hopefulness, the son of Limitation and Mediocrity,” said Mother Witch. “The grandson of Hindrance and Despair, Inferiority and Austerity,” she continued. “The great grandson of Hamper and Devastation, Weakness and Discouragement, Laziness and Melancholy, Disbelief and Poverty—” Mother Witch ended her recitation when she noticed that Hopefulness had fallen to the earth already, due to the gargantuan gravity of the energy- sapping genealogic pronouncement.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” everyone laughed at the manner the c*ock of mock had intentionally slumped too, to mimic Hope.
“And with this ancestral background, only a fully-filled foolish fool would still be thinking of getting to the Island of Greatness,” Mrs. Jealousy mocked, setting her eyes heatedly on the falling Hope.
nice one, but dwarf faith shouldn't die o.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by joseff14(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2013
can dat dwarf defeat the inhabitant of hurt huts, lets watch and see. waiting for more............ wink
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2013
Damex333: nice one, but dwarf faith shouldn't die o.
So broda you like dwarf. Faith like this? Pray for him now-you know there's. nothing. prayers. can't. do. lol.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2013
“We are only doing him good by preventing him,” Mr. Oppressor said and bent over Hope to put him on his feet again, but Hope’s bones were stiff. Mr. Oppressor screamed at him to make him get up. No response. Ridiculously, Baddream came near and peered into Hope’s closed eyes after pulling apart his eyelids. Then he said hilariously, “Perhaps this kidnapped kid is napping with style, just like I do every day.” Exasperatedly, Mother Witch said, “Oppy, leave him alone. The bites of the bitches in my ditch would do to get him up.”
Stubbornness’ heart lurched terribly as the sound of Mother Witch’s speech sieved into his ears. Seemed he had a secret to hide pertaining to the bitches in the ditch mentioned. His eyeballs expanded and contracted in their sockets as he glanced quizzically at the woman.
“Mother, I’ll get him up,” Stubbornness said hurriedly. “Don’t bother to bother the already-bothered bitches in your ditch.” Immediately, Stubbornness was over Hope, pulling him up, yet there was no response. “Let’s use the Coat of Harm,” Stubbornness suggested eventually and was glad at Mother Witch’s approving nods. In no time at all, Mr. Oppressor had fetched the etched Coat of Harm from the Chamber of harms. He didn’t wait for further instruction before putting the long thorny cloth on Hope’s lifeless body. Hope screamed his way out of his unconsciousness when the thorny things began to cause tingling sensation all over his skin as they mingled with his flesh, with no part of his body singled out.
“Hurray!” the hurters screamed when Hope came alive. They helped him to his feet again, but he wobbled still, and so did the c*ock of mock.
“Please, put this coat off me!” Hope begged with all his might, yet his voice was almost out of earshot.
“Mr. Torment should be happy now in the Grave of Bravery where he was buried, seeing the coat he made on you,” Mother Witch announced. “Dear Hope, just bear the pain with tears,” she made fun of him. The grip of the coat was so tight on Hope that he couldn’t get it off, despite his struggles. Hope fell on the earth and rolled in pain, with the hope that the earth would fall on him and roll his pain away. However, the coat remained on him, afflicting him still. In few minutes, Hope gave up his twirls and was numb, and so did the c*ock of mock.
“He’s dead!” hollered the hurters in unison as they gathered round his supposed carcass.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
waiting to be quoted so DAT I can post anoda
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sammy Hoe: waiting to be quoted so DAT I can post anoda
am still praying for dwarf faith. Oya i don quote you.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hallelujah to the King of Kings for granting me the privilege to see this days in which my jargons are read and yet make meaning to the readers. Baba I thank you Oooooooo!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
“Back off!” Mother Witch commanded. She turned the numb body around and felt his heart. Then she moved the corner of her lips to smile some ugly smiles. “He’s tired,” she announced. As though without a minuscule sense of pity in her skull for the dying soul, she asked her household to bathe Hope with a jar of wine, and this they did without hesitating. Hope’s eyes flicked open when some of the wine had entered and peppered them. At Mother Witch’s direction, the wet Coat of Harm was pulled off him. Then he was tied to the stump of a tree to hold him from slumping after Mr. Oppressor had thumped his chest with heavy punches.
“Eat and drink!’ Mother Witch announced, and then everyone helped to fill his belly. Mr. Oppressor came close to Hope with a morsel of bread. The poor boy’s mouth went watery. He had not fed the whole day.
“Care for a bite?” Mr. Oppressor asked seductively and Hope shook his head. Surprisingly, the muscular man held the morsel close to Hope’s teeth and said, “Eat it all.” As Hope brought his teeth close to the titbit to give it a bite, Mr. Oppressor pulled away his hands and all Hope was left to bite was his dry tongue. He screamed in pain as the shapes of his incisors made deep incisions in the elongated boneless red meaty organ in his mouth. Mother Witch witnessed the sight.
“So—kid, you’re hungry,” she said, caressing Hope’s ruffled hair as though she cared for the scared boy. “Your bread is special, boy. I’ll bring it right away.” She made for her chamber and returned with a large chunk. She commanded that Hope be loosed, and then, she set a table before him.
“Eat to your satisfaction, Hope,” Mother Witch grinned as she helped to pour out drink into the boy’s tumbler to overflowing. Momentarily, Hope overlooked the sight and sighed as he recited Father Sage’s admonishing words to psych himself up:
When the way of someone pleases Father Creator, he will make even his enemies to be peaceful with him... Father Creator prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. My cup runs over...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sammy Hoe: “Back off!” Mother Witch commanded. She turned the numb body around and felt his heart. Then she moved the corner of her lips to smile some ugly smiles. “He’s tired,” she announced. As though without a minuscule sense of pity in her skull for the dying soul, she asked her household to bathe Hope with a jar of wine, and this they did without hesitating. Hope’s eyes flicked open when some of the wine had entered and peppered them. At Mother Witch’s direction, the wet Coat of Harm was pulled off him. Then he was tied to the stump of a tree to hold him from slumping after Mr. Oppressor had thumped his chest with heavy punches.
“Eat and drink!’ Mother Witch announced, and then everyone helped to fill his belly. Mr. Oppressor came close to Hope with a morsel of bread. The poor boy’s mouth went watery. He had not fed the whole day.
“Care for a bite?” Mr. Oppressor asked seductively and Hope shook his head. Surprisingly, the muscular man held the morsel close to Hope’s teeth and said, “Eat it all.” As Hope brought his teeth close to the titbit to give it a bite, Mr. Oppressor pulled away his hands and all Hope was left to bite was his dry tongue. He screamed in pain as the shapes of his incisors made deep incisions in the elongated boneless red meaty organ in his mouth. Mother Witch witnessed the sight.
“So—kid, you’re hungry,” she said, caressing Hope’s ruffled hair as though she cared for the scared boy. “Your bread is special, boy. I’ll bring it right away.” She made for her chamber and returned with a large chunk. She commanded that Hope be loosed, and then, she set a table before him.
“Eat to your satisfaction, Hope,” Mother Witch grinned as she helped to pour out drink into the boy’s tumbler to overflowing. Momentarily, Hope overlooked the sight and sighed as he recited Father Sage’s admonishing words to psych himself up:
When the way of someone pleases Father Creator, he will make even his enemies to be peaceful with him... Father Creator prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. My cup runs over...
wow i luv d lst part of ds update...kip up d gud wrk sammie
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
u were not online ystday Mr Karev. Hw was ur day?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hope had not noticed Mother Witch setting the bread and wine before him. As a matter of fact, what he saw was the descent of the bread and wine on the table without a hand. Hope smiled as he pushed a large chunk into his watery mouth and chewed it happily. Hope hadn’t satisfied the hunger in him when he suddenly spewed the bread in his mouth and spilled the wine in the cup, having felt the bitterness of the big bread. He reached for the mug of water and gulped the content, but he was not content with the content, which had only aggravated it all, since the liquid itself was the bitterest of all.
“Everything here is bitter!” yelled Hope furiously. The hurters made a laughingstock out of him. “You can’t get anything sweet from this Hurt,” jested Mother Witch. “Listen to me, that bread you ate is called the Bread of Affliction. The water too, called the Water of Affliction, is a mixture of bitter herbs and vinegar made centuries ago by Mr. Affliction, Mr. Oppressor’s distant forefather.”
Hope gnashed his teeth sorrowfully and the sweat on him poured down heavily as he remembered one of Father Sage’s admonitions some months back:
Do not eat the bread of someone who has the kind of eye Mr. Evil has;
And don’t desire her dainty meats: For as she thinks in her heart so is she:
Eat and drink, she says to you; but her heart is not with you.
The morsel you have eaten shall you vomit up and lose your sweet words.
The little moment Hope spent in the Garment of Torment and the Coat of Harm summed up to him as a month. His breath was heavy. Hope felt there wasn’t any hope of getting out of the huts after he had paused to nurse the thought of the innocent ones who had lost their lives in the cursed huts. Mrs. Jealousy’s suggested putting the Attire of Satire on Hope, and Stubbornness was the fastest of the boys to get to the Chamber of Sarcasm to fetch it. He had to take the Lamp of Lampoon with him so he could see in the dark room. The room had always been dark, even at noon. Stubbornness fell and gashed his foot against a stone, bleeding, yet the shade in the lamp remained intact, not breaking, even after striking the ground hard. The light in the lamp even glowed more now, mocking the poor boy. However, he rose and dashed into the chamber to get the attire. Now Mrs. Jealousy regretted raising the suggestion when she saw Stubbornness’ bleeding foot, yet the hurters were laughing sarcastically at them.
In the attire, Hope seemed gorgeous and his sorrow vanished momentarily. Then Mother Witch began to shower complicated encomium on him:
“Hopefulness, you are born to cross the River of Achievement successfully to bring Mr. Goodluck to this town. We, the residents of the Hurt, are in full support of your dream. And with Baddream by your side, Hope, you shall get into the Island—”
Hope couldn’t believe his ears, which had been dumbfounded by the incredible speeches of the aged woman. As the words poured out of Mother Witch’s mouth, the gentle breeze of the dead evening caressed his hair and whispered hope into his ears once more. The attire glowed and turned snowy, leaving Hope in the wonderment of the betterment of his condition as he gazed at the stupendous splendour of the fulgent attire in awe. However, Mother Witch kept pouring out her sweet words and Hope’s attire kept up the glows:
“Like a refined gold you are, yet your beauty is far less than the beauty of an owl. You shall prosper, yet your generation shall remain poor. Keep it up, Hope. Keep your hope dead in the Chamber of harms and wear the Garment of Torment forever. You shall get into that Island, the Island of Greatness, but only in your dreams, not in the reality, and Mr. Goodluck shall lie by your side forever after he has slain you. The bitterness of honey shall you taste in the Island and the sweetness of the island your foes shall lick before your face...”
Drastically, Hope’s ears got blocked. He couldn’t comprehend a thing anymore.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
u were not online ystday Mr Karev. Hw was ur day?
i waz man...dnt jst type anitn...gr8 tnx 4 askin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Good morning friends. How was ur sleep?
Let me just gist u d time table for today:
Between 8pm to 10pm our last two questions for this week would be asked. 19th question would carry 5pts while the 20th question would carry 10pts. missing any of the questions would attract a deduction of 2pts.
Prize giving is for only first and runner up.
1st: #400 worth recharge card of your choice
2nd: #200 worth recharge card of your choice

NB: When the cards are loaded you must notify the house

Thanks#
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2013
Good mornin house. I believed we all had a splendid night. May God's grace be sufficient us today.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2013
Story continuation will go in tandem...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Michaellegend: Good mornin house. I believed we all had a splendid night. May God's grace be sufficient us today.
Amen oga mi
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Question 19 (5 points)
What figure of speech is this?
Mr Oppressor laughed, for he was the devil
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 19 (5 points)
adverbial clause grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 19 (5 points)
Metaphor
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2013
Damex333: adverbial clause grin
I disagree
Adverbial clause is not a figure of speech
Anyway u tried but the answer is ...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Michaellegend:
Metaphor
...Metaphor
Correct!!!
Bros u'r too much
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
...Metaphor
Correct!!!
Bros u'r too much
No be me na God ooo
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Latest points
M legend: 36 pts
Karev-wite 20pts
Gameboy 6pts

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2013
Question 20 (10 pts)

Her voice almost brought down the roof of the Hurt huts.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 20 (10 pts)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 20 (10 pts)

Hyperbole
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Michaellegend:
Hyperbole
Correct!
But I'll give it to karev because he somehow answered it first
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Correct!
But I'll give it to karev because he somehow answered it first
Hmm....ok ooo
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Final score for the week
M legend 36pts
Karev wite 30 pts
Gameboy 6pts
Others 0pts
Mr Legend and Mr Karev pls send Ur email address or phone no to Sammyhoe2000@gmail.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.