Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members (13838 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / APC Insists On Card Readers;Opposes Use Of Soldiers For 2015 Elections. / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by udatso: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2013
Emir of Anka in Zamfara State, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad, has asked President Goodluck Jonathan not to grant amnesty to members of the Islamist sect, Boko Haram.

Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar lll, had at a meeting of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam in Kaduna, last week, urged the President to grant members of the sect amnesty.

However, the Emir of Anka at a workshop on peace building and conflict management for sustainable development, organised by the National Emergency Management Agency on Wednesday in Kaduna, said “amnesty is for people you can identify”.

He added, “Where were our leaders when members of Boko Haram were going to receive trainings outside the country. Let us check ourselves, if there must be justice, we must go back to the basics.”

He also blamed the current security challenges on the elite and politicians.

Ahmad said, “From experience, I have come to realise that whenever you have crisis and a proper investigation is carried out, you always find the involvement of these two classes. Within my domain, a sad experience occurred sometimes ago when an Igbo man, who owned a shop, was attacked and his shop burnt because his son was said to have torn a copy of the Quran. But upon investigation, I found out that a native of Anka, who was also in the same business with the Igbo man, deliberately roped-in the Igbo family.

“He took a piece of paper with an Islamic inscription on it and tore it into pieces in front of the Igbo man’s shop and then raised the alarm calling on all Muslims faithful to come and see a copy of the Quran torn into pieces by the son of the Igbo trader. The crowd grew angry and set the house and the shop of the Igbo man ablaze immediately. You can see that this native of Anka did this malicious act purely for personal interest and not religion. And that is how it is with the elite and the politicians”.

He added, “As a traditional ruler, who lives with the people, I have come to a conclusion that if the common man is left alone, there is going to be peace in the land. But any place you find crisis, just look around, you must find the involvement of these two classes – the elite and the politicians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/emir-opposes-amnesty-for-boko-haram-members/

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by slimghost(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2013
Gbam, well said Sir! Please help me tell these brainwashed kids on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by udatso: 10:51am On Mar 14, 2013
Dats 9ja 4 u oo...
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by joeyfire(m): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2013
Long live the Emir of Anka! Blessings be upon him and his descendants

There are men and there are MEN

40 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Raxz(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2013
U are a true nationalist, a ruler indeed u are, from ur word i cn see wisdom in display. Long live the emir. I cnt believe their are still ppl like u up north. May ur days be long!

20 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by mamikky: 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
This is a statement of fact and the truth and the allusion of the emir is totally unbiased

12 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Livinusc(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
udatso: Emir of Anka in Zamfara State, Alhaji
Attahiru Ahmad, has asked President
Goodluck Jonathan not to grant amnesty to
members of the Islamist sect, Boko Haram.
His call is contrary to the position of the
Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar lll, who
last week, urged the President to grant
members of the sect amnesty.
However, the Emir of Anka at a workshop
on peace building and conflict
management for sustainable development,
organised by the National Emergency
Management Agency on Wednesday in
Kaduna, said “amnesty is for people you
can identify”.
He added, “Where were our leaders when
members of Boko Haram were going to
receive trainings outside the country. Let
us check ourselves, if there must be justice,
we must go back to the basics.”
He also blamed the current security
challenges on the elite and politicians.
Ahmad said, “From experience, I have
come to realise that whenever you have
crisis and a proper investigation is carried
out, you always find the involvement of
these two classes. Within my domain, a sad
experience occurred sometimes ago when
an Igbo man, who owned a shop, was
attacked and his shop burnt because his
son was said to have torn a copy of the
Quran. But upon investigation, I found out
that a native of Anka, who was also in the
same business with the Igbo man,
deliberately roped-in the Igbo family.
“He took a piece of paper with an Islamic
inscription on it and tore it into pieces in
front of the Igbo man’s shop and then
raised the alarm calling on all Muslims
faithful to come and see a copy of the
Quran torn into pieces by the son of the
Igbo trader. The crowd grew angry and set
the house and the shop of the Igbo man
ablaze immediately. You can see that this
native of Anka did this malicious act purely
for personal interest and not religion. And
that is how it is with the elite and the
politicians”.
He added, “As a traditional ruler, who lives
with the people, I have come to a
conclusion that if the common man is left
alone, there is going to be peace in the
land. But any place you find crisis, just look
around, you must find the involvement of
these two classes – the elite and the
politicians.”
Good talk SARIKIN ANKA u will live long & u will continue 2 b d King of ur people.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by gregg2: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Mods, this qualifies for homepage.
Grant amnesty to Boko Haram and watch OPC, MASSOB etc start their own agitation.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by morgist(m): 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
udatso: Emir of Anka in Zamfara State, Alhaji
Attahiru Ahmad, has asked President
Goodluck Jonathan not to grant amnesty to
members of the Islamist sect, Boko Haram.
His call is contrary to the position of the
Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar lll, who
last week, urged the President to grant
members of the sect amnesty.
However, the Emir of Anka at a workshop
on peace building and conflict
management for sustainable development,
organised by the National Emergency
Management Agency on Wednesday in
Kaduna, said “amnesty is for people you
can identify”.
He added, “Where were our leaders when
members of Boko Haram were going to
receive trainings outside the country. Let
us check ourselves, if there must be justice,
we must go back to the basics.”
He also blamed the current security
challenges on the elite and politicians.
Ahmad said, “From experience, I have
come to realise that whenever you have
crisis and a proper investigation is carried
out, you always find the involvement of
these two classes. Within my domain, a sad
experience occurred sometimes ago when
an Igbo man, who owned a shop, was
attacked and his shop burnt because his
son was said to have torn a copy of the
Quran. But upon investigation, I found out
that a native of Anka, who was also in the
same business with the Igbo man,
deliberately roped-in the Igbo family.
“He took a piece of paper with an Islamic
inscription on it and tore it into pieces in
front of the Igbo man’s shop and then
raised the alarm calling on all Muslims
faithful to come and see a copy of the
Quran torn into pieces by the son of the
Igbo trader. The crowd grew angry and set
the house and the shop of the Igbo man
ablaze immediately. You can see that this
native of Anka did this malicious act purely
for personal interest and not religion. And
that is how it is with the elite and the
politicians”.
He added, “As a traditional ruler, who lives
with the people, I have come to a
conclusion that if the common man is left
alone, there is going to be peace in the
land. But any place you find crisis, just look
around, you must find the involvement of
these two classes – the elite and the
politicians.”

SEE an illiterate Emir looking for cheap popularity. Shut up nobody will love you. instead the boko boys will know how to handle you.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by hillsate: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
gregg2: Mods, this qualifies for homepage.
Grant amnesty to Boko Haram and watch OPC, MASSOB etc start their own agitation.

These are the kinds of stories that hardly make front page. We need balanced journalism people!

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by vizboy(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
atleast one some of the north has sense unlike the sultan

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by iykak47: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Emir may you live long, iseeeeee
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by PointB: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
Within my domain, a sad experience occurred sometimes ago when an Igbo man, who owned a shop, was attacked and his shop burnt because his son was said to have torn a copy of the Quran. But upon investigation, I found out that a native of Anka, who was also in the same business with the Igbo man, deliberately roped-in the Igbo family. “He took a piece of paper with an Islamic
inscription on it and tore it into pieces in front of the Igbo man’s shop and then raised the alarm calling on all Muslims faithful to come and see a copy of the Quran torn into pieces by the son of the Igbo trader. The crowd grew angry and set the house and the shop of the Igbo man ablaze immediately. You can see that this native of Anka did this malicious act purely for personal interest and not religion. And that is how it is with the elite and the politicians”.

Truth is powerful; you cannot contain it for too long. I am sure this is the same situation that befell Akuluka, Mr. Gideon Akuluka, an Igbo businessman, who was dragged out from prison and beheaded for a crime he never committed. Rumours has it that the present Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was complicit in the horrendous crime.

Anyway, let's thank the Emir for siding with the truth. The solution to the boko haram crisis does not lie in amnesty. We should focus more on prevention of crime. Which better way to achieve this other than justice, fairness and equity.

Members and sponsor of the boko haram should be fished out and severely punished for their crimes; they must never be rewarded for causing untold hardship to several families, and the society at large. Future occurrence can only be deterred by strong punitive measure. Nigeria is changing; and Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan should stay course and never waver!

NO to amnesty for cold blooded murderers of fellow countrymen; NO to amnesty for terrorists!

6 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by gratiaeo(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
morgist:

SEE an illiterate Emir looking for cheap popularity. Shut up nobody will love you. instead the boko boys will know how to handle you.
You are a wicked man! But since you don't like peace, may violence never depart from your home

65 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Bobandgreat: 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
He stated the obvious. I am so happy its coming from a northerner and a muslim cleric for that matter. All of us are gunning for heaven, we cant lie and get there. I wish more of them will speak out and lets stop this hypocrisy. Yoruba, have u seen the pple u work tirelessly to defend. Most of them know the truth thats why they dont talk not because they cant talk. Sanusi was right about the Yorubas.
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
I fear for this man's life o. May the Lord protect him

17 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Vado(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
God bless the emir for saying things as they are. A true leader indeed. Admitted their shortcomings & has given his people things to reflect on.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Funkymallam(m): 2:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
morgist:

No, he is well educated and far enlightened than your clan!

Tell me now, who the illiterate is now?

14 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by gratiaeo(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
PointB:

Truth is powerful; you cannot contain it for too long. I am sure this is the same situation that befell Akuluka, Mr. Gideon Akuluka, an Igbo businessman, who was dragged out from prison and beheaded for a crime he never committed. Rumours has it that the present Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was complicit in the horrendous crime.

Anyway, let's thank the Emir for siding with the truth. The solution to the boko haram crisis does not lie in amnesty. We should focus more on prevention of crime. Which better way to achieve this other than justice, fairness and equity.

Members and sponsor of the boko haram should be fished out and severely punished for their crimes; they must never be rewarded for causing untold hardship to several families, and the society at large. Future occurrence can only be deterred by strong punitive measure. Nigeria is changing; and Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan should stay course and never waver!

No to amnesty for cold blooded murderers of fellow countrymen; no to amnesty for terrorists!
Lol
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by taharqa: 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2013
Interesting....
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Akshow: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
He should deploy enough uniform men to his palace o. This people go after any one against their evil cause
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
udatso: Emir of Anka in Zamfara State, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad, has asked President Goodluck Jonathan not to grant amnesty to members of the Islamist sect, Boko Haram.

Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar lll, had at a meeting of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam in Kaduna, last week, urged the President to grant members of the sect amnesty.

However, the Emir of Anka at a workshop on peace building and conflict management for sustainable development, organised by the National Emergency Management Agency on Wednesday in Kaduna, said “amnesty is for people you can identify”.

He added, “Where were our leaders when members of Boko Haram were going to receive trainings outside the country. Let us check ourselves, if there must be justice, we must go back to the basics.”

He also blamed the current security challenges on the elite and politicians.

Ahmad said, “From experience, I have come to realise that whenever you have crisis and a proper investigation is carried out, you always find the involvement of these two classes. Within my domain, a sad experience occurred sometimes ago when an Igbo man, who owned a shop, was attacked and his shop burnt because his son was said to have torn a copy of the Quran. But upon investigation, I found out that a native of Anka, who was also in the same business with the Igbo man, deliberately roped-in the Igbo family.

“He took a piece of paper with an Islamic inscription on it and tore it into pieces in front of the Igbo man’s shop and then raised the alarm calling on all Muslims faithful to come and see a copy of the Quran torn into pieces by the son of the Igbo trader. The crowd grew angry and set the house and the shop of the Igbo man ablaze immediately. You can see that this native of Anka did this malicious act purely for personal interest and not religion. And that is how it is with the elite and the politicians”.

He added, “As a traditional ruler, who lives with the people, I have come to a conclusion that if the common man is left alone, there is going to be peace in the land. But any place you find crisis, just look around, you must find the involvement of these two classes – the elite and the politicians.”

MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SIR..

13 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by bjdon: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
It is really great to see an Emir speaking the truth. Thank you sir. May your reign and life be long!
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
My Oga at the top shares the same view too..

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by alfredo4u(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
i hope say dis emir get bomb proof and cia's etc becos dis monstas bh go visit him palace becos of dis post.

D fear of bh is d beginin of wisdom speech.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by ebujany(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
The amir get mind sha.hopein not to hear a sad news abt him tommrw º°˚

http://www.wownaija..com
Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by saintneo(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2013

Emir ndi Anka, I ga-adi!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by rman: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
morgist:

Are you a member of BH?

Why are you angry at the emir for saying the truth?

You should be investigaed

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by bsparks: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
morgist:

FYI the Emir of Anka is a graduate, who served in Lagos state long before you were probably born. I know, because I met him in 2004 when I was serving in Zamfara. A bit of an eccentric chap but DEFINITELY no illiterate. . . .you need to get out more bro embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by MOREWLL: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
Really i most thank the Emir for calling a spade and spade.I know for sure his words may not go down well with the same 2 groups him mentioned in his address,but God will surely be his wittness.Northern elders and elites are not honest to the masses whom they often use for their selfish reason. God help Nija

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
You are a warrior at heart, Sir! May your days be long and fruitful.

9 Likes

Re: Emir Of Anka Opposes Amnesty For Boko-Haram Members by ABsI1: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Raxz: U are a true nationalist, a ruler indeed u are, from ur word i cn see wisdom in display. Long live the emir. I cnt believe their are still ppl like u up north. May ur days be long!
Amen in JesusName

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father, Son & Almajiri Killed In Borno / Buhari Starts Construction Of Collapsed Bridge Along Gombe-Dukku-Kano Road(pics) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.