Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis (9600 Views)

Happy Birthday To Pope Francis...please Drop Your Wishes Here / Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Ubenedictus(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats to card jorge now pope francis, may he be like his name sake.
Imagine this guy could have been pope in the previous conclave that elected pope emeritus benedict, on the 4th day of conclave after it was clear that he had d 2nd highest number of votes and card ratzinger had d hightest but not enough to become pope, instead of allowing the whole episode to continue, card jorge publicly told all d cardinals that supported him to transfer their votes to ratzinger and so came benedict xvi. GOD HAS LIFTED THE HUMBLE, CONGRATS AGAIN.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by joebless: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
Upcoming Agenda of Pope Francis

Today: At 5pm Italian time Francis will hold a mass for the close of conclave with cardinals in the Sistine Chapel.

• Tomorrow: The new pope has an audience with the college of cardinals in the Clementine Hall where Benedict said his farewell to them last month.

• Saturday: The pope will meet the press at 11am. This was greeted with a round of applause in the briefing last night. Journalists can't wait. Not sure if the feeling is mutual.

• Sunday: Francis will give his first Sunday prayer, or Angelus.

• Tuesday: The new pontiff will be officially installed at his inaugural mass from 9.30am. Dignitaries from all over the world are expected to attend.

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by omenkaJnr(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long Live our Pope Francis De Ist..May ur reign witness transformational reformation in the Catholic Church
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by kenkruse: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
I had a good and peaceful feeling the moment he was introduced as the new pope..Habemus Papam.
Indeed the lord has chosen his servant, the fisher of men.

Congrats Pope Francis.
lONG LIVE THE CATHOLIC FAITHFUL
PEACE!!!

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by gunuvi(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
dulphines:

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.
You are wrong. The pope is the name of a person, place of thing.
Let this stick to your ears now!!!!
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Policewoman(f): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
CONGRATS TO POPE FRANCIS 1. MAY GOD LIGHT YOUR PATH AND GRANT THEE THE WISDOM TO LEAD HIS FLOCK HERE ON EARTH. AMEN.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Sweetapple007(f): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
I luv my church , am a proud catholic.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by thaoriginator: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
So na francis be una OGA ON TOP now?shocked ok we don hear!

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by meinme: 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long live the Pope! Congratulations to His holiness!
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by HugeMac: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
dulphines:

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.
Jesus is the leader of the church , he never told peter to lead he told him to feed HIS sheep. And also he told peter whose name meant rock. Upon this rock I will be build my church.
Jesus is the leader stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by jimoesi: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
I pray God to give him the wisdom to lead his flock on the right path to eternal salvation. CONGRATULATION PAPAL
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by HugeMac: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: Congrats to card jorge now pope francis, may he be like his name sake.
Imagine this guy could have been pope in the previous conclave that elected pope emeritus benedict, on the 4th day of conclave after it was clear that he had d 2nd highest number of votes and card ratzinger had d hightest but not enough to become pope, instead of allowing the whole episode to continue, card jorge publicly told all d cardinals that supported him to transfer their votes to ratzinger and so came benedict xvi. GOD HAS LIFTED THE HUMBLE, CONGRATS AGAIN.

Only God knows the humble
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by 5much(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Wishing him d best of papacy.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by nimboya: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
A new pontiff for the catholics. We have a new leader once again. Glory to God in the Highest and peace to men of good will

2 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Onyinyechimara(f): 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats Pope Francis 1
You are the rock , just like Jesus said to Peter
And on this rock he will build His church
May God give you wisdom and strength Amen
Catholic and proud
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by nimboya: 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
HugeMac:
Jesus is the leader of the church , he never told peter to lead he told him to feed HIS sheep. And also he told peter whose name meant rock. Upon this rock I will be build my church.
Jesus is the leader stop deceiving yourselves.

Have you forgotten that Jesus gave built his church on Peter... "You are Peter on this rock i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it..."
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by nimboya: 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
Morgan1092: Who is a Pope?

A pope is a spiritual director and leader of the cathlolic church. He is the chief custodian of the beliefs, faith, and principles that guide the mode of worship of the catholic faithful
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by jawjaw1: 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
I wish him God's guidance and blessings. He started perfectly by asking the crowd to pray for him at his introduction before he then blessed them.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Soukiss(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
so this is one that we leads his shepherd to distraction . st malachy said it
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulations and pray for God's wisdom while you lead your people right . . .
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by DobleO7: 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
May God Almighty give Pope Francis I, the Wisdom to lead Catholic faithfuls in Truth and Spirit.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vanstanzy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
kenkruse: I had a good and peaceful feeling the moment he was introduced as the new pope..Habemus Papam.
Indeed the lord has chosen his servant, the fisher of men.

Congrats Pope Francis.
lONG LIVE THE CATHOLIC FAITHFUL
PEACE!!!

Unlike when Pope Benedict was installed, i too had a feeling of PEACE when he (Pope Francis) was announced. Meaning

that God Almighty installed a great man. grin grin grin grin grin And am joyous, can anyone blame me? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vanstanzy(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
Soukiss: so this is one that we leads his shepherd to distraction . st malachy said it

Your point is noted, and will be referred to the Psychiatric hospital in due time. angry NEXT! undecided
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Soukiss: so this is one that we leads his shepherd to distraction . st malachy said it
hahaha, d malachy "prophecy" never said dat.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vanstanzy(m): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Policewoman: CONGRATS TO POPE FRANCIS 1. MAY GOD LIGHT YOUR PATH AND GRANT THEE THE WISDOM TO LEAD HIS FLOCK HERE ON EARTH. AMEN.

Ameeen!!!!! sister. SAY IT LOUD!!! But keep off dog meat! wink wink
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by walexzee11(m): 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long life and strength,wisdom,knowledge,understanding,and ability to work with God to tackle challenges....Congrat POPE FRANCIS!!!!!
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by anyaoguluke: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
jentlsoul: Is it true that former pope convert to islam but let me ask my oga @ the top first
What do you mean? Do you think we are here for jokes?
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by kajoula(m): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
vanstanzy: Pope Francis is the first ever from the Americas, an austere Jesuit intellectual who modernized Argentina‘s conservative Catholic church.

Known until Wednesday as Jorge Bergoglio, the 76-year-old is known as a humble man who denied himself the luxuries that previous Buenos Aires cardinals enjoyed. He came close to becoming pope last time, reportedly gaining the second-highest vote total in several rounds of voting before he bowed out of the running in the conclave that elected Pope Benedict XVI.

Groups of supporters waved Argentine flags in St. Peter’s Square as Francis, wearing simple white robes, made his first public appearance as pope.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening,” he said before making a reference to his roots in Latin America, which accounts for about 40 percent of the world’s Roman Catholics.

Bergoglio often rode the bus to work, cooked his own meals and regularly visited the slums that ring Argentina’s capital. He considers social outreach, rather than doctrinal battles, to be the essential business of the church.

Source: http://world.time.com/2013/03/13/francis-is-first-pope-from-the-americas/

Wishing the Newly elected Pope Francis the very best in his new endeavour, and as he leads the entire 1.5 billion

Catholic faithfuls. God Almighty who has exalted him will always fight his, his familys' and the Churchs' battles,

Amen!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Leader of the world order......
People,get informed ...Catholism is not/never true Christianity.
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vanstanzy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
kajoula:

Leader of the world order......
People,get informed ...Catholism is not/never true Christianity.

Point noted, now forward match to the nearest Psychiatric hospital. NEXT! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.