Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,754 members, 7,840,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? (4595 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote
author=Yooguyz]@ pastor olu T i wanna open a thread on the holy spirit
you open a thread on envangelism. We'd just make sure we make inputs on
it everyday so it sticks instead of duplicating threads
i'll also ensure that athiests do not derial the thread or post
insulting comments. Are we together on this?[/quote]

With you all the way bro, I expect more of this from NL xtians, instead of
running away from this section 'cos of atheists.
Waiting to see the thread and i believe this is going to go a long way in
bringing brethren together on NL and standing against atheists.
God bless you bro

stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote
author=omobadan]There isn't any Second or Third coming of any guy. Once
you're dead you're dead. All these preparation for non existing
afterlife is a waste of time. Chop amala and gbegiri and wash am with
big stout. Forget about the Second coming my friend. Enjoy your life and
do good. Chikena! wink[/quote]

What if?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

And what are you waiting for if i may ask please? undecided

Waiting for what? Did you read my comment well? I SAID JESUS IS A FAKE !!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
ifeness:

Waiting for what? Did you read my comment well? I SAID JESUS IS A FAKE !!

Just what if you are wrong?

Let me tell you what would happen to you when you discover Jesus is real, it will be so late to do anything while you end up in Hell.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Let me tell you what would happen to you when you discover Jesus is real, it will be so late to do anything while you end up in Hell.

You created hell,didnt you? So i guess you will probably end up in it.

And what if you are wrong too?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2013
ifeness:

Are you sure you are not demon possessed? Why are you just attacking his threads for no just reason?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good morning Pastor T,

I was about leaving but the bold caught my eyes...

Why do you believe Ife would end up in hell if eventually he never get around to believe in Christ just the way a 'typical Christian' does?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 18, 2013
ifeness:

Good morning Ife,

Is there any real consequence for one who does not become 'irreligious'?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Many at times when i ask people are they prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ, they always give me this weird look as if such questions should never have be asked. Then i begin to wonder if something is wrong with the
question, when Jesus was leaving the earth He said occupy till
I come and also watch for you know not when the master shall come.
The way men live their lives today is obvious that many are not occupying neither watching, so my question is how can one prepare for the second coming of Jesus?

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
'occupy' in this context means that we should get something doing and if i remember correctly, the one job God gave us is
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Soul winning, it is the father's businness, it is the fathers heart beat, it is uttermost desire that all men draw nigh to him

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
A christian that doesn't win souls is dead, the bible says John 15:1-2 "...that beareth not fruit he taketh away..."
we are required to bear fruit of souls, its mandatory, it's non-negotiable
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning Pastor T,

I was about leaving but the bold caught my eyes...

Why do you believe Ife would end up in hell if eventually he never get around to believe in Christ just the way a 'typical Christian' does?

Good day brother, i hope your day was splendid?

Just like you said your self "IF", that is to say if he was wrong about God what would happen to him.
The first thing we need to address, is Ife a christian? From what he had said so far he is against anything God.
My wish is for him to come around and be saved, but if he does not there is nothing i can do or anyone else as the bible is clear with the consequences that would befall anyone that refuses the free gift of God. Just to quote a scripture to back that, the popular one, John 3:16 for God so love the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good day brother, i hope your day was splendid?

Just like you said your self "IF", that is to say if he was wrong about God what would happen to him.
The first thing we need to address, is Ife a christian? From what he had said so far he is against anything God.
My wish is for him to come around and be saved, but if he does not there is nothing i can do or anyone else as the bible is clear with the consequences that would befall anyone that refuses the free gift of God. Just to quote a scripture to back that, the popular one, John 3:16 for God so love the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

Good evening pastor T,

Should I take it that you believe that everyone who is not Christian would perish?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2013
We prepare for the coming of our Lord Jesus by winning souls, reading the bible and praying everyday # this is to ensure that we are spiritually alert # and finally if we live a holy life

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening pastor T,

Should I take it that you believe that everyone who is not Christian would perish?

Good day sir,

Its not about what i believe, think or feel my friend, it is what the bible says, except you don't believe the bible for i can quote scriptures concerning this.
This is the more reason as xtian we preach the word to perishing souls!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good day sir,

Its not about what i believe, think or feel my friend, it is what the bible says, except you don't believe the bible for i can quote scriptures concerning this.
This is the more reason as xtian we preach the word to perishing souls!

Good evening Pastor T,

I am of the opinion that it has more to do with your beliefs than what Sacred scriptures teaches.

I know what Sacred scriptures teach concerning the salvation of 'unbelievers' and it is far from what I guess you might just be suggesting in your previous posts.

It is really not in line with Sacred scriptures to teach or preach that when one does not confess the name of Christ here on Earth as conventionally done then such a person is automatically destined to perish.

Though this opinion is held be a number of 'Chrstians' here on nairaland but it is wrong. The quotes they usually refer to as evidence from sacred scriptures really is one that has been greatly misunderstood by so many.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote
author=striktlymi]

Good evening Pastor T,

I am of the opinion that it has more to do with your beliefs than what
Sacred scriptures teaches.

I know what Sacred scriptures teach concerning the salvation of
'unbelievers' and it is far from what I guess you might just be
suggesting in your previous posts.

It is really not in line with Sacred scriptures to teach or preach that
when one does not confess the name of Christ here on Earth as
conventionally done then such a person is automatically destined to
perish.

Though this opinion is held be a number of 'Chrstians' here on nairaland
but it is wrong. The quotes they usually refer to as evidence from
sacred scriptures really is one that has been greatly misunderstood by
so many.[/quote]

Please my friend don't let us beat about the bush, quote me and the scripture that says otherwise and lets discuss.
And quickly please tell me what you believe and how you believe it?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Please my friend don't let us beat about the bush, quote me and the scripture that says otherwise and lets discuss.
And quickly please tell me what you believe and how you believe it?

But you are yet to give me any answer to my previous querry. If you don't like "beaten about the bush" then I believe a logical starting point is for you to answer the question(s) I asked previousy...or don't you think so?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote
author=striktlymi]

But you are yet to give me any answer to my previous querry. If you
don't like "beaten about the bush" then I believe a logical starting
point is for you to answer the question(s) I asked previousy...or don't
you think so?[/quote]

What was your question, was it about Ifeness which was answered or what?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

What was your question, was it about Ifeness which was answered or what?

This is the question again:

striktlymi:

Good evening pastor T,

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
Like i said earlier soul winning is one of the ways one prepares himself for the Lords coming, when one sets out to win the lost for the Lord, there are 4 categories of souls he'll meet
1. The backslidden- once alive to God but drawn back
2. The lost- unsaved, unregenerated, dead to God, often unchurched. E.g the athiests, the occultists e.t.c
3. The undisciple- saved, but not planted, they can be easily swayed by any wind of doctrine
4. The decieved- entangled in deception in their search for God e.g religious people, false churches e.t.c
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
You would find preaching very exciting when you strategize to get your area flooded with the gospel. But before setting out to preach have you ever asked yourself why you must preach?
1. The people of the world won't hear without a preacher
2. You are sent one- doesn't necessarily mean you must be a pastor, when Jesus gave the mandate to win souls it was for every beliver
3. You carry the anointing. # speaks in tongues #
4. Many would be saved
now also note that your message should be centered on christ and him crucified

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
striktlymi:

And i answered you with the scripture that its not what i believe or think?
If you want me to reiterate the scripture, as many as reject Jesus shall be damned.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

And i answered you with the scripture that its not what i believe or think?
If you want me to reiterate the scripture, as many as reject Jesus shall be damned.

Never mind!!!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
A witness is one who has seen, heard or experienced something.

Have you experienced Christ to be able to talk about Him? undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2013

1 Thessalonians 5

1 ¶ But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 ¶ Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 ¶ Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. {comfort: or, exhort}

We are not in the dark so the day will not catch us unaware! wink cheesy
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Pygru: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm supprised that the likes of frosbel, Goshen360, Seriallink, Ijawkid,Truthislight, Boomark
have shunned this thread.

Abi them no see am
If na tithe or hell we dey discuss now, you go see them.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Pygru: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
striktlymi:

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2013
Pygru:

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
" He that believeth on him is not condemned: he that believeth not is condemned already".
John 3:18
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Alwaystrue(f): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2013
@OP,
We prepare for the coming of Christ by walking with the Lord in the light of His word and also speaking of Christ through love in words, thoughts and deeds to all. Our talk and walk will bring others to Christ.
The fruit of the Spirit are evidences of those walking in Christ as it impacts on our actions.
At the same time it helps us know the devil is also prowling around steathly bringing more out of Christ with new beliefs totally against God's word.
May the Lord help us grow more and more in Him. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote
author=Pygru]

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
life.[/quote]

I actually quoted this scripture for him before, thanks for reiterating it.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
" He that believeth on him is not condemned: he that believeth not is condemned already".
John 3:18

And i wonder why some people think all we be saved at the end of the day, both the good and the bad?:/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pics Of Bishop Oyedepo Canaancity Massive Estate Ota / .noah Story,(literal Or Allegorical)??? / What Is The Meaning Of Fellowship With God Almighty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.