Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose (8698 Views)

Is Another Plagiarist On The Loose? / Another Plagiarist: Ezekiel Sugar Adewale / Plagiarist On The Loose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
it is not just fair that we post our stories (sweat) here and fellow Nigerians and probably nairalanders see it as a free for all and even go to the extent of opening pages in others site, using our hard earned stories to entertain there fans and viewers. and worst still we are not even acknowledged or asked for permission.

imagine how i felt when i saw my story on facebook page drawing so much traffic with another taking credit for my sweat. what do we do about this? is it high time we stop posting stories? some say we shuldnt post the complete story. as silly as posting the whole story may sound but i thinks this is usually done so that readers(who we appreciate so much) can critically analize our work (that what we are all here for), make good suggestions and not left hanging with an uncompleted story.

but taking it or stealing it and posting it on ones page in other site is not only unfair, but wicked and devilish.

pls i need suggestions on what shuld done.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by LarrySun(m): 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
Meet Emeka Blinkzed Okwuonu, the plagiarist!

http://m.facebook.com/wall.php?id=386301614801159&time=1362878304&filter=13&refid=20&ref=stream

Its unfair that a kid like him who doesn't understand the concept of copyright will lift people's works from the literature section to keep on his facebook page.

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by eagleeye2: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
Mazi,
This is a weighty allegation. Hope you are guys are sure, this could tanish this guys work even in the academic world.

Many people don't know how serious Plagiarism is.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
eagle,eye:
Mazi,
This is a weighty allegation. Hope you are guys are sure, this could tanish this guys work even in the academic world.

Many people don't know how serious Plagiarism is.

i thought u would have just clicked on the link mazi posted and see the evil this guy is doing for urself. the craziest part is the he tells his readers that he is the writer. how are we not sure that this smart young man has not already edited and printed the work and is making million (ok, thousands but thats still something) with are hard earned sweat

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Eagle Eye did you visit the facebook page?

That guy should get a life...we don't spend sleepless nights trying to put the right word into a paper and making sure it has a meaning for nothing.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by luvmijeje(f): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
What rubbish! what nonsense! abeg the guy should be trace,why are people like this.It is very annoying.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
check this out
http://www.facebook.com/blinkinzedthoughts

i had to practically bother him all day to get my story Tenth Generation out. he claimed he was the writer and the stories from some good writers her is drawing so much traffic to his page, thats pathetic
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
luckily i got his number from his facebook page and made him remove mine. i intended to contact his school authorities and take serious actions as soon as possible, he shuld be lucky he took out my story, i wish others take immediate step to ensure theirs are out as soon as possible. here are some of the stories that he copies, sorry, stole

1.Love life in campus.
2.Diary of a campus girl.
3.Legend of the hustler.
4.How jonah became a fish.
5.Lara's faith.
6.Razor tongue,
7.The Tenth Generation
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
frank3.16:
luckily i got his number from his facebook page and made him remove mine. i intended to contact his school authorities and take serious actions as soon as possible, he shuld be lucky he took out my story, i wish others take immediate step to ensure theirs are out as soon as possible. here are some of the stories that he copies, sorry, stole

1.Love life in campus.
2.Diary of a campus girl.
3.Legend of the hustler.
4.How jonah became a fish.
5.Lara's faith.
6.Razor tongue,
7.The Tenth Generation

Maybe others don't care
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
just conversd with him on face book, he sounded like an innocent plagiarist below is a quote from him

"i avent printed any copy.nd y should i print somebody's story,why cant you be gentle for once,if it means to b published,ask urself dis question,u ave not yet published dis story,yet u posted it on nairaland,nairaland got thousand of members,do u knw if there are till bad guys there who might ave copied ur own story too,or ave a copy and make money wit it?perhaps wat does it really meant to share a story to bring smile on peoples faces,i didnt even see copywrite there,jux d end,dat all,is that how they do it.i didnt create dis page jux to copy nd paste,coz i ave passion for writing,nd i m till workin on it.if you think i m a bad guy,so be it.i ave deleted all your stories nd keep on informing young authors in nairaland that i copy their story and put on my wall,finally,i ave not printed any stories that dont fully belong to mine.so go ahead with your works,more grease to your elbows"

this is in his defence to my accusation that perhaps he had printed my work. i think what everyone whose book was copied shuld do is to ensure that his/her storyb it taken out soonest
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Maybe others don't care

u have a point
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by weezii(m): 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
am not a writer more, stopped a long while ago but i think i understand what u guys are tryna say here. After all the hardwork someone will come and steal your work and not only get famous with it but make some real cash out of ur sweat. So i do support that Seun should do something about this right away and that guy needs to be brought to book and his likes too. To all writers, i will suggest that u guys pause ur stuffs for now till something is done about it. Explain to ur follwers whats up and i bet they will understand and if oga Seun doesnt wanna do anything about this, then that means that indirectly, he is supporting what is going on and i bet he also knows the repercussions of such.

Kudos to u guys. Really doing a great job here and making it worthwhile for me to be a nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
frank3.16:
just conversd with him on face book, he sounded like an innocent plagiarist below is a quote from him

"i avent printed any copy.nd y should i print somebody's story,why cant you be gentle for once,if it means to b published,ask urself dis question,u ave not yet published dis story,yet u posted it on nairaland,nairaland got thousand of members,do u knw if there are till bad guys there who might ave copied ur own story too,or ave a copy and make money wit it?perhaps wat does it really meant to share a story to bring smile on peoples faces,i didnt even see copywrite there,jux d end,dat all,is that how they do it.i didnt create dis page jux to copy nd paste,coz i ave passion for writing,nd i m till workin on it.if you think i m a bad guy,so be it.i ave deleted all your stories nd keep on informing young authors in nairaland that i copy their story and put on my wall,finally,i ave not printed any stories that dont fully belong to mine.so go ahead with your works,more grease to your elbows"

this is in his defence to my accusation that perhaps he had printed my work. i think what everyone whose book was copied shuld do is to ensure that his/her storyb it taken out soonest
He can't even write proper english smh!
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by luvmijeje(f): 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
Eeeeehn,Emeka I know u are reading this,so becos u didn't print it to sell make it right,'NO' it doesn't make it right.
You are suppose to acknowlegde the original authors and not take glory for people's work.If u are not in jail for what u did just to church and give testimony.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Ollyfad(f): 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
4om his response i cn c he is ignorant of d law bt wat he doesnt knw is dat ignorance is no excuse in law!!! Dis guy needs lyk 7yrs in prison 2 knock sum sense in2 his head nd 7yrs is jst bein mild on him d sentence is goddam longa dan dat. Oga seun do sumtin else we nlders wil go on indefinite strick kus dis is 1 of d tins keepin mst nlders hia nt evn d frntpage kus i cnt rememba wen last i viewd fp!!!
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by An0nimus: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
This is tragic. Like someone said on the Detection thread this was just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. I hope those involved eventually get a way around this whole thing and fast cos copying stuff off the internet these days is as easy as select, ctrl C and ctrl V. To think the guy was even posing as the author sef smh. If only he knew how serious the offence of plagiarism is. Ignorance is sure a disease mehn.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by repogirl(f): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
What can really be done about this? I cant spend sleepless days and nights thinking and writing for one i'diot to come and copy and paste and then claim ignorance. Not fair atall, plagiarising should carry a serious purnishment here.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by luvmijeje(f): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
Emeka just called me,he promised everything will be pulled down.
Seun,more thing still need to be done to protect people work o.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
luvmijeje: Emeka just called me,he promised everything will be pulled down.
Seun,more thing still need to be done to protect people work o.

the luck we have is that he is even being gentle (even though he should be), i just hope some other crazy fox have nt done more harm, anyway i still need nairaland to criticize my work, i need people here like anything. i will still write and post, dont know if i will finsh though.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by sambroose(m): 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
Chineke God....three of those stories are Bukkydan stories........this dude most pay for this......*front page pls
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by sambroose(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
sambroose: Chineke God....three of those stories are Bukkydan stories........this dude most pay for this......*front page pls
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
frank3.16:

the luck we have is that he is even being gentle (even though he should be), i just hope some other crazy fox have nt done more harm, anyway i still need nairaland to criticize my work, i need people here like anything. i will still write and post, dont know if i will finsh though.
you can say this again...trillion likes
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by IZUKWU(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
repogirl: What can really be done about this? I cant spend sleepless days and nights thinking and writing for one i'diot to come and copy and paste and then claim ignorance. Not fair atall, plagiarising should carry a serious purnishment here.
i don't know what seun can do about these but i guess it lies on individual authors to safeguard their work, may be talk to others like coolval ,i remember when he was having a similar challenge last year on his thread the imo star ,what he did was to open his own blogsite patent the story and still upload on nairaland.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by LarrySun(m): 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
IZUKWU: i don't know what seun can do about these but i guess it lies on individual authors to safeguard their work, may be talk to other like coolval ,i remember when he was having a similar challenge ,what he did was to open his own blogsite patent the story and still upload on nairaland.
Who is Coolval? How may we reach him?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Cuddlemii: 6:01am On Mar 15, 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Immediately HumbledbyGrace drew my attention to this, I informed the Super moderator/admin(Mukina2).

Seun has also seen the complaints on the detection/collaboration thread. Once a solution/decision is reached, you will be informed.

For future purposes: I advise that, writers endeavour to run a search of their topics on google from time to time. They can also use a line /content(s) from their stories while running the search. What this does is this, it gives information of where the content of your work has been used. This would help track your work online.

Alternatively, there is a report button on Facebook that allows you report pages or posts. You can always report plagiarism and I am sure Facebook is big on such discrepancies.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by IZUKWU(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Who is Coolval? How may we reach him?
coolval is a member of this forum, check for his thread diary of the imostar at the sexuality section or try his blog coolval222. Com
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 6:50am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:

Huuh The luck 'we' or 'he' has? Please, while he is bringing down yours, tell him to take down all stories he copied from nairaland literature section, inform his followers of his criminal actiivity and issue a public apology to all authors he copied their works; both on his facebook page and here on this thread.

That other writers has not reacted yet is not because they are not interested, but because they've not seen his wall or this page.

Ignorance is not an excuse to fail the law! I just see him as a kid, but he still needs to be taught the right lesson and the right way of doing things.

I've got his number and personnal info, including that of his siblings and parents. Let him do the right thing now before things get messy;

The guy is planning to start a new work on his wall titled "Hallmark of a Legend": who knows which work he wants to copy this time. He is unrepentant and if nothing is done, he will continue this ugly trend.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2013
I think u guys should still take serious actions about this situation, either he stops or not. He needs 2 understand d gravity of he offence n face d music. The most annoying part is sayin he is the author. He needs 2 b taught a lesson n he should serve as the scapegoat for other thieves who would want 2 attempt d same thing. This is so annoying.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2013
hey guys, just got a text from him, begging me to give him permission to repost the story while he acknowleges me. i dont like this... i had already deleted half of my story even here on nairaland. why would i want my yet unpublished story on facebook? bt what do u guys think, how do i handle this?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:
hey guys, just got a text from him, begging me to give him permission to repost the story while he acknowleges me. i dont like this... i had already deleted half of my story even here on nairaland. why would i want my yet unpublished story on facebook? bt what do u guys think, how do i handle this?
Frank, capital NO! He has to pull down his fb page. All the stories there are nt his n since he has been caught, he has to stop it. He is trying to save his face. I seriously support Mazi's suggestion on apology both on fb n nl. He stil needs to face d law.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Coolval22com: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2013
Yea this equally happened to me when i started newly, and when my writing was even very poor, but i survived it.....
_
Here are some suggestions, which equally helped me_
_
1) Our fans are our pillar, back bone and inspiration, and we achieve alot through them. It was a fan who first drew my attention when my work was being copied in 9erotica & facebook, and everyone of them supported me by storming 9erotica and laying complaints on every available space they could find, which made the management to send an apology email to me, after removing the story. So i believe if our fans could storm any facebook page that copies our work, the thief will be too embarrassed to continue and his own fans will equally desert him.......
_
2) All websites even facebook are scared of copyright issues, once you report any to them they always attend to it immediately...
_
3) we need to always attach a copyright notification on any of our stories, because most times the little children copying our work always play dumb....
_
4) you can open a blog, where you can give rights to whoever you want, {to read, copy, and share your story}, and anyone who then violates your condition, will have a whole lot of criminal charges on his/her head, if you choose to prosecute.....

Thats all i can contribute, i'm so sorry for the errors in this write up.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian / Wretched But Saved / Literature Section Popularity Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.