Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose (8712 Views)

Is Another Plagiarist On The Loose? / Another Plagiarist: Ezekiel Sugar Adewale / Plagiarist On The Loose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by firestar(f): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2013

How annoying. And to think writers pour their souls in every word only for some 'ignorant' script-hacker to... to.... sad
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by mabebe1(f): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:
hey guys, just got a text from him, begging me to give him permission to repost the story while he acknowleges me. i dont like this... i had already deleted half of my story even here on nairaland. why would i want my yet unpublished story on facebook? bt what do u guys think, how do i handle this?
no, if u wnt ur work on fb then post it urself. U people shud take action against him very fast. How can he claim glory 4 another person's work. Infact i dey vex
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by eagleeye2: 8:15am On Mar 15, 2013
Hey guys, am sorry I didn't actually visit the FB page. I was very busy yesterday. My comment was based on the fact that in the world of Academics "Plagiarism" is an offence that can be equated to Murder in the criminal world.
Frank and Mazi, you guys can actually take up this case to teach others a lesson, who think that claiming other people's work is "fun". If that guy is still a student, it could earn him a rustication or an outright expulsion if this Scandal get to the right people in his school.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:17am On Mar 15, 2013
When will it be looked into Cuddlemii?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 8:18am On Mar 15, 2013
mabebe1:
no, if u wnt ur work on fb then post it urself. U people shud take action against him very fast. How can he claim glory 4 another person's work. Infact i dey vex
ok... u just made a point the best i can do for him is to post my book on face book(which i am not ready to do now) and give him my link
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by ijebabe: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2013
I'm no writer but I can understand how you guys must feel.

Rather than taking the pains of deleting your stories and re-pasting them when a solution is found why don't you stick to the suggestion of pausing all writing?
In addition you could add a disclaimer at the start of your thread and at the end of each post. I noticed Efemena does this. That way anyone who shares your work won't plead ignorance and is aware that they are doing it without consent making them liable to receive whatever punishment is mete out to them.

This is only a suggestion and you writers are free to do what you feel is best with your story smiley
I'm sure Seun is doing his best to come up with a solution to this.

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:30am On Mar 15, 2013
ijebabe: I'm no writer but I can understand how you guys must feel.

Rather than taking the pains of deleting your stories and re-pasting them when a solution is found why don't you stick to the suggestion of pausing all writing?
In addition you could add a disclaimer at the start of your thread and at the end of each post. I noticed Efemena does this. That way anyone who shares your work won't plead ignorance and is aware that they are doing it without consent making them liable to receive whatever punishment is mete out to them.

This is only a suggestion and you writers are free to do what you feel is best with your story smiley
I'm sure Seun is doing his best to come up with a solution to this.
Thank you dear...I have decided to go with the 'no posting till further notice.'
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by eagleeye2: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2013
I don't know if this can be done on NL by Seun. But while I was still writing my Project, I noticed that there are certain materials on the Net that cannot be copied. Try as much as you can, it won't allow you to copy.
I believe that there is a kind of Protective Software that enables such, but I aslo know that those versed in software theft/ hacking can always get their way around it.
It's painful to have worked hard only for your work to be stolen.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2013
This thread needs 2 b on frontpage. Aunty Cuddles?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2013
U guys should storm his fb page n let his fans kw dat he steals his work. He already startd another story.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2013
I think d page has been closed
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Rapmaestro(m): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2013
Lyzbet: U guys should storm his fb page n let his fans kw dat he steals his work. He already startd another story.

ALL ROADS LEAD 2 DAT IDIOT'S FACEBOOK PAGE
>
Like Jan 1st Subsidy protest, we'll storm his page tomorrow, the insult-free protest starting from 6am-till he delete his copied story, is not meant to insult but enlighten him on the weight of plagiarism, if he remains 'not-concerned', then another harsh measure will be taken, report his page to Facebook management....
If d f00l is reading this now, don't f**k with NLer's Writers.. With Pen, book, Phone, Computer and every other instruments of a writer, we'll fight till the end.. IT'S OUR WORK, OUR SWEAT..
A friend/colleague said,"NLer's Writter, What is our Occupation?" and I said, "WE WRITE, BUT IF YOU COPY WHEN NOT PERMITTED, WE KILL".
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2013
i can access the page again, has it been brought down or something?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Rapmaestro(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2013
Not as in to kill u, we kill you dream of copying to get famous on another man's work
come 2 think of it, even in Rap Battle thread, where I frequent a lot, our lyrics/lines are stolen, over there in Rap Battle, it is called bite/biting.. On FB and many other Netcee's site, our lines are there, used by another person... We've got to stop it..
CHECK THE RULES IN RAP BATTLE THREAD, U'LL SEE *NO BITING*

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:
i can access the page again, has it been brought down or something?

Don't ever give that thief copyright privileges to copy your work. He begged you because his facebook fans are pleading with him to continue the story.
Like I said before, he is an unrepentant soul, and if he doesn't bring down all the works he's copied from this site, he will have himself to blame.

Imagine him asking you to let him go on copying your work!
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:
. here are some of the stories that he copies, sorry, stole

1.Love life in campus.
2.Diary of a campus girl.
3.Legend of the hustler.
4.How jonah became a fish.
5.Lara's faith.
6.Razor tongue,
7.The Tenth Generation

Can you imagine!!!
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Seun(m): 9:29am On Mar 15, 2013
I have asked Cuddlemii to provide me with the full details in an organised format so that I can make a final decision on what to do. Stay tuned.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:
i can't access the page again, has it been brought down or something?
Yes it has
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by blinkinzed: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Dear memebers of nairaland
I owe you,institution,the team,company,and nairaland in general,A sincere apology to both Nigerians our country and non Nigerians,it was never my intention to create such an akward and uncomfortable situation,i hope tha i can be off assistance in correcting my mistake and resolving the matter,while i have cause this unpleasant experience,i am able to see where i am wrong by posting stories on my page,i believe acquiring this insight will allow me to learn and grow and prevent similiar issues in the future,i m really very sorry for my act,i plead with a bleeding heart,let us bury the matchet,i neva knew,i am just hearing them all now,the hallmark of a legend,i just finish completing the story yesterday,it was originally written by me,God is my witness,i got a call from Mr frank,i owe an apology sir and to other authors, cry cry cry i humbly beg for your forgiveness,i did wrong,it would be hard for you all to forgive me,i wont rescind stories again,i ask for your forgivenss nairalanders
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Don't ever give that thief copyright privileges to copy your work. He begged you because his facebook fans are pleading with him to continue the story.
Like I said before, he is an unrepentant soul, and if he doesn't bring down all the works he's copied from this site, he will have himself to blame.

Imagine him asking you to let him go on copying your work!

i think the page has already beeen closed or something... oga Seun, did u do something?
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by sambroose(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2013
Rap maestro:
ALL ROADS LEAD 2 DAT IDIOT'S FACEBOOK PAGE
>
Like Jan 1st Subsidy protest, we'll storm his page tomorrow, the insult-free protest starting from 6am-till he delete his copied story, is not meant to insult but enlighten him on the weight of plagiarism, if he remains 'not-concerned', then another harsh measure will be taken, report his page to Facebook management....
If d f00l is reading this now, don't f**k with NLer's Writers.. With Pen, book, Phone, Computer and every other instruments of a writer, we'll fight till the end.. IT'S OUR WORK, OUR SWEAT..
A friend/colleague said,"NLer's Writter, What is our Occupation?" and I said, "WE WRITE, BUT IF YOU COPY WHEN NOT PERMITTED, WE KILL".
funny man....no worry we go storm him fb page 2moro
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Coolval222(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun: I have asked Cuddlemii to provide me with the full details in an organised format so that I can make a final decision on what to do. Stay tuned.
good move sir
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 9:50am On Mar 15, 2013
JESUS!! U R NT EVEN A NAIRALANDER!!. He just registered 2day n his apology is stil his first n only comment. OMG! Really fell lyk smashing ma fist into ur face.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 9:53am On Mar 15, 2013
Its bad enuf dat at ur age, u dnt understand d consequences of plagarism. Bt u copyin some else's work n takin credit 4 it. smh.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by blinkinzed: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2013
I m really sorry for my actions,i need your forgiveness plz
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Cuddlemii: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun: I have asked Cuddlemii to provide me with the full details in an organised format so that I can make a final decision on what to do. Stay tuned.

Done

By the way, Mukina2 had all the necessary information.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by blinkinzed: 10:17am On Mar 15, 2013
Dear Mr seun

I would like to express my deep regrets for my actions and apologize for the wrong things i did. It was inappropriate, disrespectful and lacked the professionalism that you and dear members of nairaland expect from me here.Please allow me to apologize for the wrong things i did,i never knew.My behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature, and lacked the respect for you, and entire members deserved.

While I cannot alter what has transpired, I have taken steps to ensure that similar incidents and misunderstandings will not occur in the future.

I plead with a bleeding heart,i have brought discomfort to all members of nairaland,their heart are boiled with anger,i humbly ask for your forgiveness,plz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian / Literature Section Popularity Ranking / Book Summary - The Instant Millionaire By Mark Fisher