Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,720 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 (26015 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by olsmade(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2013
chucky234: I am just tired of changing phones simply because its new with improved software,RAM,camera quality and few inches added.
Imagine we spent roughly 100k to buy the S3 few months now these Korean thieves launched improved version of S3 then call it S4 to extort people dry,I will wait till the used ones are available on ebay in few months.
Haba what sort of nonsense is this na,in few weeks from now Apple will come out with Iphone 6,maybe HTC with HTC two X since One X is already in the market.

Actually, the sequel to HTC 1x has been unveiled and is called HTC 1. Funny
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Enitsua(m): 7:54am On Mar 15, 2013
Zahara78: I DONT LIKE IT
smiley
Utterance of a poor man
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ochukoccna: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Texazzz is an avid Apple/iPhone fan. Wouldn't matter even if you spell it out on a beanstalk.
'Em apple and bb boys fail to see bigh end Driods leave 'em panting especially the hardware specs
But hey,na their choice
No matter how poor it is cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Bawss1(m): 7:59am On Mar 15, 2013
chucky234: I am just tired of changing phones simply because its new with improved software,RAM,camera quality and few inches added.
Imagine we spent roughly 100k to buy the S3 few months now these Korean thieves launched improved version of S3 then call it S4 to extort people dry,I will wait till the used ones are available on ebay in few months.
Haba what sort of nonsense is this na,in few weeks from now Apple will come out with Iphone 6,maybe HTC with HTC two X since One X is already in the market.

Korean thieves?

Just because you are broke doesn't mean you should go about throwing insults, nobody is forcing you to buy anything and if you think so then you must be one of the densest people on the continent.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Obstey01: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

The picture attached to the report is of Galaxy S3
Totally true. Here's d S IV picture.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2013
Really, When did the smartphone industry turn into Wrestlemania V?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/15/htc-cmo-ben-ho-galaxy-s-4/
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by lat4real: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2013
Re-brand galaxy s3 and named it s4... Rubbish!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Scarpon(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzom-RdrwI

Is samsung fcukking with me?

This is GN2 Remodeled.

I'm pissed because now there's no distinct physical difference between the GN2 and GS4. I don't want my phone to be mistaken for a GS4 angry

GN2 is the thing right now.
that's not the real one it's a China version buddy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S4

The Galaxy S4 has a 5-inch HD display. The screen is slightly larger than the one on the Galaxy S III.

The Control Panel

The Galaxy S4 has a 13 MP camera - with several new features in the camera software

The Little black dot on top of the phone is an infrared blaster that lets you use the Galaxy S4 as a Universal Remote for any TV.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

Guy am watching them in 3d. I see some of them disembark from keke napep clutching fones that can buy half of the keke napep. I laugh at their idiocy.

Most of these guys and girls are jobless depending on money received from benevolent relatives. Smh
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by prasadkunala: 8:22am On Mar 15, 2013
Good features released by samsung.... waiting for phone to release in INDIA...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by texazzpete(m): 8:26am On Mar 15, 2013
ochukoccna:
Tpete,howdy
Let's not turn this into another whose got the most fanboys beyween Apple and Sammy thread
You've never been a Sammy or Driod fan
Innovation has been on a decline for some time on ALL phone ecosystems i.e. Driods,Apple,Blackberry,Windows
All we have are mostly hardware and software upgrades and reboots going by which iPhone 5 was so early 2011 when it hit shelves last year
You don't outsell iPhones and all other Driods to be king of the smartphone pile if you don't have a SERIOUSLY WOW FACTOR
And this factor has waned down greatly from 2011 till date

You couldn't be more wrong. I switched to Android April 2012. Currently I use a Galaxy Note II.
I don't expect innovation all the time. All we ask is for Samsung to make better designed phones.

Samsung didn't outsell the iPhone...and their massive sales are more due to massive advertisement and massive global rollout than any 'wow factor'.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by jedisco(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2013
A nice phone I must say, just as expected.

Except for one or two drawbacks mainly in design, it ticks most boxes and should be a market hit.

Also, I think upcoming smarphones should easily give at least 2 days of battery life with moderate - heavy use. Sadly, this is an area most OEMs are not pushing for. Instead it's a race for thinner and lighter (which is also not bad)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

You need to speak for yourself. If you can afford it, why not? Am sure as you know, this smart phone is more than a phone. it is a multi-purpose( All in one) mini-super computer in your pocket and also a business device. My guy, if your business is prospering, you will see the need for sure a device. If you don't need it, fine, but do not speak for everybody. Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with building a house
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Segzy23: 8:38am On Mar 15, 2013
jedisco: A nice phone I must say, just as expected.

Except for one or two drawbacks mainly in design, it ticks most boxes and should be a market hit.

Also, I think upcoming smarphones should easily give at least 2 days of battery life with moderate - heavy use. Sadly, this is an area most OEMs are not pushing for. Instead it's a race for thinner and lighter (which is also not bad)

They could have put 3100mAh battery in it to give it more battery life, but they didn't want to compromise on the size and weight as you mentioned. Rather they gave people the choice, if you want something bigger with more battery life, then go for the Samsung galaxy note
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 15, 2013
s
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by OgaTheTop2: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2013
cool

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by notindome(m): 8:44am On Mar 15, 2013
make i just dey with my phone first ,make i no buy this one now and #myogaatthetop go say him no like am. i no want wahala.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by kpozite(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2013
smiley
grin grin grin
BECAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2013
Still hooked to my galaxy s3. Go wait for London used to commot### surest thing. Anyway the phone is worth it and money speaking. And pls neva criticize pple who go for things like dis. Money speaking
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by dubem3(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2013
double08: angry angry angry so they cant just wait till the third quarter of the year before the release it,when am just starting to enjoy the S3 angry angry but cant still believe I left my beloved nokia for android phone cry

wallahi!!!
u have no idea
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by albacete(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2013
u people are talking about S4 while i am using S6+ that my Oga @ d top bought for me two months ago.

Daz all
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ayox2003: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Galaxy S3: What's changed?

By Luke Westaway on 14 March 2013, 11:40pm

After months of sleepless nights and anxious waiting, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is finally a real device that you'll soon be able to acquire in exchange for precious, precious money. But how is the Galaxy S4 different from the Galaxy S3?

Similar design, but subtle tweaks

Not a lot has changed from the S3 in design terms, and Samsung has stuck with the rounded, pebble-shaped style that it debuted last year. Visually the S4 looks a lot like its predecessor, but has a flatter back and a neater, more uniform shape.

Despite rumours to the contrary, Samsung hasn't ditched the home button, opting to keep a mechanical key nestled 'neath the S4's screen. The bezel surrounding the screen has been slimmed down, meaning you'll be looking at more screen and less plastic. The S4 is also both slimmer and lighter than its forebear, despite being larger overall.

Available colours have been given a shake-up, and while the S3 originally came in blue and white, the S4 comes in more traditional black and white -- or 'black mist' and 'white frost', if you prefer Samsung's daft colour conventions.

Bigger, higher-res screen

The S3 was no slouch in the display department, but the S4 takes things to the next level with a 5-inch, 1080p Super AMOLED display. Pixel density is dramatically increased from 306ppi on the S3 to 441ppi on the S4, meaning onscreen text and images should look razor-sharp.

Eye-control and hover gestures

Samsung always goes big on bespoke software, and has crammed the S4 with eye-control features such as Smart Pause which pauses video when you look away, and resumes the clip when you look back. Eye-tracking gestures are in place, while you can scroll through content by tilting up or down.

As if that's not oddly futuristic enough, you can control the S4 by hovering your hand over the screen. This works in the browser as a magnifier, or you can wave your hand in front of the phone to accept a call -- handy if you're driving as it goes into speakerphone automatically. You don't have to hold your hand too close to the phone to make this hovering tech work.

It remains to be seen whether Samsung will update the Galaxy S3 to bring these new features to its older mobile. Fingers crossed though. The S4 contains even more bizarre apps -- check our in-depth preview for more.

Tonnes of camera features

Samsung has followed the lead of HTC and Nokia, pumping its new smart phone full of camera tricks, including a dual-shot model that takes a shot with both the rear and front-facing cameras, combining the two shots into one image. The front-facing snap will be placed as an inset, so you can see your reaction to taking a photo as well as your subject. Useful... maybe.

Sound and Shot takes a picture with 9 seconds of accompanying audio, while Drama Shot combines burst shots into one image, giving you multi-stage action photos, handy for capturing pets or feats of sporting prowess.

Cinema Photo creates a static image with specified bits of the picture continuing to move (think Cinemagram) and exports this picture as a .gif, while Eraser Shot removes people from your photos. Yikes.

The camera itself has a 13-megapixel sensor, up from 8 megapixels on the S3. Pixel count alone doesn't necessarily indicate better quality snaps, but rest assured we'll be putting the S4's snapper through its paces during the full review.

Faster processor and 4G

Exactly what kind of processor you find in the Galaxy S4 will vary depending on your region, with some countries getting a quad-core Qualcomm processor and some getting Samsung's own-brand Exynos 5 octa-core processor.

We'll need to perform our own tests before we know how much more powerful these chips are than the S3's quad-core processor, but as there's still very little out there that can push the Galaxy S3 to its limits, I'm confident this will be one of the snappiest smart phones out there. You get 2GB of RAM thrown in for good measure.

The S4 is LTE-capable, so you'll be able to hook onto the 4G networks that are starting to spring up. This is something the S3 didn't manage, but its sort-of-sequel Galaxy S3 LTE could handle.

Different enough?

So, a host of crazy apps, a slightly bigger screen and more power under the bonnet -- but is that enough new tech? For the most part, the software on board both the S3 and S4 will be broadly the same, as both mobiles are running versions of Android Jelly Bean that have been smothered in Samsung's own TouchWiz interface.

The design is very similar, which could prove divisive, as many Android fans weren't too chuffed with the plastic casing that ensconced the Galaxy S3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by TableLeg(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2013
smiley
Its either you dont like good things or you cant afford it!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by texazzpete(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2013
Table Leg :

Its either you dont like good things or you cant afford it!

...or he likes another phone?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Danex1988(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2013
Mrkuvuki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXILsX7_QI

NEW YORK — Samsung has just introduced its latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S 4 to the world.

The Galaxy S 4 follows the spectacularly successful Galaxy S III, which sold over 100 million devices in 2012.

From a design point of view, the Galaxy S 4 iterated from the Galaxy S III, while still offering a more streamlined, refined design. The screen is now 5 inches but the body of the device doesn't feel much larger than the Galaxy S III. Moreover, Samsung made the device slimmer and stronger. Gone is the plasticky feel of the Galaxy S III; the Galaxy S 4 is light, but feels higher quality.

Under the Hood

The 5-inch Super AMOLED display is 1920x1080, giving the Galaxy S 4 an eye-popping 441ppi resolution. It's covered with Gorilla Glass 3.

Depending on the market, it has a 1.9Ghz quad-core processor or a 1.6 octa-core processor. The Galaxy S 4 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It has 2GB of RAM and comes in 16, 32 or 64 GB configurations and also includes a microSD card slot.

It has all the basic wireless connections, including Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, Wi-Fi and GPS. Like the Galaxy Note 8.1, the Galaxy S 4 is equipped with an IR port and can be used as a remote control.

Powering all of this technology is a 2600 mAh battery.

It's All About the Cameras

Samsung put a lot of focus on the cameras inside the Galaxy S 4. Yes, cameras, plural. In addition to the 13-megapixel rear camera, the Galaxy S 4 also has a 2-

Users can choose how the second camera superimposes on to the main camera screen — either in an overlay or in true side-by-side mode. It also lets users make video calls while showing off what they are seeing without having to switch camera positions.

What's different is that these two cameras can be used together in a mode Samsung calls Dual Camera. The Dual Camera functionality allows both cameras to be used simultaneously to record video or take photos.

In addition to the Dual Camera mode, Samsung has beefed up the traditional camera software. Taking cues from the Galaxy S Camera, the Galaxy S 4 has a number of different shooting modes for different kinds of shots.

The camera also includes a few special features, including a mode called Drama Shot that lets users create cinemagraph-like images that are saved as animated GIFs.

Users can also create special Story Albums from geo-tagged information as a way to create virtual reminders of a trip or event. If the virtual reminder isn't enough, you can order actual prints from the devices too.

Gestures and More

Samsung has added some of the gesture and haptic features from its Galaxy Note line into the Galaxy S 4.

A new feature called Air View lets users hover their fingers over content in certain apps — such as Flipboard — and see a preview of the content before changing screens. Air Gestures are Kinect-like gestures that allow users to navigate the phone and even make voice calls without touching the screen.

Samsung also has new Smart Pause and Smart Scroll features that help users control content based on action. With Smart Pause, videos in enabled apps will pause when you are turned away and resume when turned back. It doesn't work by using eye-tracking, but instead uses facial recognition.

Smart Scroll lets users scroll through the browser and email without touching the screen. It uses your face movements and wrist gestures to determine when to scroll.

Availab

The Galaxy S 4 will be available in Q2 of 2013

http://mashable.com/2013/03/14/galaxy-s-4-promo/

A quick correction, the s 3 hasnt sold a 100 million coopies every s phone combined has right from the galaxy s
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2013
Joe50: carry 100k+ go buy fone?

I go carry d money improve my business or invest in anoda business.

Poor man talk.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 9:24am On Mar 15, 2013
lat4real: Re-brand galaxy s3 and named it s4... Rubbish!!!
Butthurt BB user LOL. By their comments you shall know them. I'm sure you've never even used the S III. If you have you would know that any device that is an improved version of the S III is surely a beast. Go use a proper smartphone. BB is brainwashing you.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by mrdrizzy(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2013
ochukoccna:
$500 bucks for a high end phone from this companies fueled by capitalism?
You are so on a long thing
1 TB phones are still far off,VERY FAR OFF
The phone should ship with mostly 16 and 32GB variants,expect the 64GB variant to be uncommon and premium price(my take though)
BTW,what LG phone do you rock?
I use an Optimus 4X HD which is in there with the very best but more pocket friendly than this other cut throat models especially Sammy(the Apple of Andriod-price wise)
Main LG draw back is slow software updates,VERY SLOW
i was told lg has the cheapest fones with cool specs(xcluding the other smaller china brand)..how much did u purchase urs?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by nathdim: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
pesin go still dey mention BlackBerry 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Text Messaging / How To Configure Your Phone To Access The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.